Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Distant Lands | Ukatis

Zdz2asx.png

Distant Lands
Ukatis (After Courtship Festival)
Tags: Open

5GKFNrC.png

cloak reference
Phobos had found her way to a remote location where she could catch her breath. Festivals were fun, but the stress of having to hide herself from people had compounded. Thankfully there seemed to be no shortage of beautiful forest clearings to hide herself within to recompose herself. A ring of trees, concieling a flower bed that, notably, didn't have a soul in sight. With a sigh, Phobos reached up to remove the hood of her cloak and let her firey hair free, sitting herself down with crossed legs.

She drew something from the pocket of her cloak, a red ribbon that had been discarded by an unfortunate young woman. She had come to learn that it was a mark of availability, an indication to other attendants that they were open for courtship. It wasn't a shock to imagine that the poor woman had made her move and wound up turned away. A sad tale that she had really only observed in briefness. It was very likely that Phobos was never going to see the stranger ever again, a fleeting sighting that opened the window into someone else's life if only for a moment. Interconnection was such a bizarre thing. Phobos could feel the force binding together all things, so why was she so nervous to connect? There was a world where she went to return this ribbon to the young woman and perhaps made a friend, but no such thing occured.

The truth, of course, was rather simple. Phobos was strange. The Ashspawn understood well enough that whatever she was was rather uncommon, not to mention strange to the eye. She didn't want to scare anyone with the sight of her. After all, Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti had assumed she wasn't even real when she first saw her. Who was to say what other people may think.

At least this place was pretty to the eye. Phobos brushed her hand through the flower bed, gently pressing the petals between her fingers. How easy it must be, she thought, to be a flower. All they had to do was flow with the wind, living in perfect union with the force and the environment around them. The Ashspawn couldn't help but wonder what had made something like her sentient as opposed to beings such as these. There was a lot of thinking that she was doing as of late. She didn't exactly have much else to do after all. The Bendu that had been teaching her was slow and cryptic. The staggered pace of learning ment she had to fill in the gaps.

Just... from afar.

UKATIS

No one had told her racyon kits were this fast.

Did they not provide cages with these little creatures? Oh, there had been a 'kit kit', everything she would need to transport the racyon kit back to her current home in the Centrality region. Yet Persephone had brushed that off, figuring it would be fine to carry the kit back to her vessel and let it run free around the ship until they got home. Besides, the only stop she wanted to make was at Alta Beauty....well...if she could convince Thirty-Seven to make a side trip and not just fly straight back.

So here was was, chasing down the unnamed kit, running through the woodlands. At least it was beautiful, plenty of flowers and verdant landscapes. Nothing like where she grew up. Nothing like where she lived now, although the space station did have a park-like ring most of the residential suites looked in on. Yet there was no wind, just an artificial sky. Didn't quite touch the splendor of outdoors.

Not paying attention, the dress-and-combat boot clad teenage girl picked up the pace, moving through the forest, searching. She needed to make it back before the protocol droid noticed she was missing for longer than five minutes. Creepy thing would come searching for her and then alert her guardians ; which meant any type of freedom would be cut down drastically.

In her rush, her foot caught a large rock, causing her to tumble over and fall. Not quite being able to catch herself, landing straight on her back in the middle of the flower bed. Mortifying to land in the middle of beautiful flowers, once beautiful dress now dirty, hair with debris in it. At least she could be comforted by the fact no one saw.

Until she turned her head and saw a cloaked figure.

Son of a b....

Ukatis
Tags: Persephone Dashiell Persephone Dashiell

5GKFNrC.png

In her rush, her foot caught a large rock, causing her to tumble over and fall. Not quite being able to catch herself, landing straight on her back in the middle of the flower bed. Mortifying to land in the middle of beautiful flowers, once beautiful dress now dirty, hair with debris in it. At least she could be comforted by the fact no one saw.

The sudden commotion made Phobos freeze, and she very hastily scrambled to pull her hood back over her head. She hadn't expected anyone to suddenly emerge from the woods and trip into the flower bed. She wasn't exactly sure what to do here. Should... she help? That was something the Ashspawn should probably do.

Yeah.

Phobos got up, keeping her hands up so she could pull the hood snug against the top of her head, at least to avoid it falling off as she moved. She cautiously crouched down next to the young woman, giving a sympathetic pout.

"Are... you okay?" Phobos asked softly.

UKATIS

Contemplating whether she should get up from her spot in the flowerbed and run away like an thief in the night or be cordial to the person asking if she needed help, Persie sighed.

Ain't no use being ornery just cause you're the blind one now.

"Ummm .. yeah, I think so's. Just uh, give me a moment."

By now, the little racyon kit she had been chasing after made it's way back, sniffing her boot cautiously.

"Why is yous out here? Don't like festivals?"

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

"I... like festivals just fine," Phobos pouted in defence, turning away a little. "It was just very loud."

That was partially true. She had gotten rather overwhelmed by the abundance of people at the festival, though there was far more at play than just that. It wasn't something she was going to admit, of course. Phobos didn't want the extra attention on how... strange she was. It was probably for the better to just play herself off as someone easily drained by social interaction.

The alternative sounded like a headache.

Her attention drifted to the flower bed that the teen had fallen into, a sympathetic frown coming to her face. It hadn't been done with malice, but the poor plants had been flattened in the aftermath of her tripping. The Ashspawn crouched down to their level, outstreching her hand. The warm glow of green flames would appear before her hand, but rather then burning to a crisp the flowers would slowy begin to perk back up, rejuvinated by the sudden flow of evergy.

"There," she continued in a gentle tone. "Good as new. Just... be mindful of your footing..."

UKATIS

"Oh, I can understand that."

By now, Persie had gotten up and brushed herself off to the best of her ability. The unnamed kit was dancing around her feet now, amused by the bootlaces.

Eyebrow quirked as the cloaked figure fixed the flowers with a green flame. They were soon standing tall and glimmering in the pale light.

"Don't tells me you're one of them Jedi too? What did I do? Get roped into coming to a Jedi festival? Ain't no one mentioned that."

Phobos Phobos

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

"Jedi?" Phobos remarked with a frown. "No, I'm not..."

Roped in? Was that a... negative reaction? Phobos didn't really understand the social ques very well, so it could really mean anything. At the very least, the Ashspawn prepared herself to be percieved in a negative manner anyways. It seemed like a possible direction, and she didn't want to be blindsided if she was suddenly hated for whatever reason.

It was just better to prepare for the worst.

"Apologies," she muttered with a stiff bow of her head. "I hope my abilities are not a matter of concern... I can use them less if it is a topic of discomfort."

UKATIS

"Oh, it ain't no skin off my ass."

Crass as ever, Persephone didn't care who or what the woman was. Being out in the 'verse for the first time alone...wait, scratch that, being out in the 'verse the first time as a heiress, she was happy to take in the sights and sounds offered to her.

Even if she didn't understand the Force or much of the lore behind their actions, even if Iko Vel Iko Vel did his best to explain it.

"Uh...thank yous again...I uh, should probably get out of your hair an' all."

Phobos Phobos

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

'Skin off my ass?'

Phobos thought about the expression for a moment. The crassness aside, she certainly didn't want to know what it was like to have skin taken off her own ass. She gave it no more acknowledgement and pushed it to the back of her head, trying to focus instead on what followed...

"Uh...thank yous again...I uh, should probably get out of your hair an' all."

"Hair?"

Phobos reached up into her hood before giving a flustered expression. No, she hadn't seen her hair. The girl was just talking about getting out of her business. The Ashspawn did her best to recompose herself, brushing aside the concerns that the stranger had seen the fiery mane that lay beneat the shroud over her head. She gave an empty sigh of relief before continuing to speak.

"I don't really mind," Phobos noted softly. "There was no signifigance to my being here... It is probably harmful to maintain isolation regardless of such a fact."

UKATIS

"So's it's bad to be by yourself? Harmful, you said."

Persephone didn't understand. Sure, it was harmful for someone like herself, she was just a teenager. Yet this woman was older than her, that she could tell already. Nearly everyone was, she was just taking her first shaky steps in the galaxy.

"Why's that? I don't understand."

Phobos Phobos

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

"Well," Phobos began, "Social behavior is the foundation of sentience. Connection with others is important for maintaining positive mental health. Isolation is so terribly sad for a reason. Being alone wares away at the mind... waves slowly withering a stone until nothing remains."

She paused for a moment, running her hand through the flower bed. They had it easy on that regard, surrounded by thousands of their own kind from now till the death of their planet. An eternity, generations upon generations, all with a network of other flowers around them. If they were capable of feeling in the same way a person was, there would be no doubt that they wouldn't be lonely creatures. Phobos couldn't help but sigh.

After all, there seemed to be no other beings like herself in the entire galaxy.

"Oh, forgive me," the young woman apologized with a dip of her head. "You may call me Phobos. It was improper of me to not give my name. May I ask for yours?"

UKATIS

Persephone listened carefully to the explanation of being alone. Sometimes alone was good in her opinion. To collect the thoughts and sort things out. Drown out all the outside noise.

The teenage girl suspected the woman was speaking about more, but it was rude to pry. Especially about something that seemed personal.

"Nice'ta meet ya Phobos Phobos ."

Automatically, Persie stuck out a well manicured and pink nail painted hand. She was working on her introductions and how to present herself. Apparently this was one of the most socially acceptable ways.

"I'm Persephone but most folks just call me Persie. So's you can too."

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

"It is a pleasure to meet you," Phobos bowed in respect. "May... I ask where you are from? You do not carry yourself like those of this place."

It was perhaps a double intention action on her part. She was looking for places to visit to expand her knowledge, a journey of self discovery that was taking her who knows where.

"I'm on a bit of a journey you might say," she noted. "I've been looking for locations to expand my understanding... My time here on Ukatis has certainly been enlightening." Phobos glanced to her wrist. "Oh, you partook in the courtship? A red-haired individual explained the concept to me. It seemed a... unique manner of doing such things."

UKATIS

Persie dropped her hand in greeting once the woman bowed, taking the bow as a sign of salutation. The teenage girl took note of the action, another piece of knowledge of various forms of cultural greetings added in. Important to have with her "work" and studies that were intent on turning her into a refined young lady, one that could seamlessly blend in.

"Born an' raised on Taris until months ago. Its in the Outer Rim, unless yous got the credits to stay on the city surface ain't worth visitin'. I...uh...didn't live on the topside. So journey yourself out to another place unless you wanna be miserable."

Persie has grown up poor, living in the Lower City, scraping by with her Mama. Why anyone would want to visit the planet was beyond her. Maybe if they had a lot of credits. Even then, she could think of hundreds of other worlds one with money could spent their hard earned credit on. If someone wanted real debauchery, then Nar Shadda would be it, so she couldn't even recommend the underworld.

"Oh its real interestin' Miss Phobos. Seems like most folks knew each other though, so I can't say that I met'a lot of folks. Still had some fun."

She had met exactly one person : Iko Vel Iko Vel . A friend. Her first friend. How not to mess that up? Persie would have to consult her guardians on that front, much as she didn't want to. It was too important not to maintain her friendship.

"Whatcha learnt on Ukatis?"

Phobos Phobos

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

"Taris..." Phobos pondered. "Certainly a distinctive name. I feel I've heard it once before."

There wasn't any real way she could get out to the Outer Rim reliably though, and she certainly didn't want to keep mooching off of Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti for transportation. It was something she was going to have to remedy. One way or another, anyways. For now she'd stick to public transportantion planet hopping. She'd be restricted to Alliance space no doubt, but it was better than nothing.

"Whatcha learnt on Ukatis?"

"It seems a rather traditional place," the Ashspawn noted. "People have roles which they are intended to fill. Beautiful on the surface, but perhaps soul crushing beneath the veil. A surpent under a flower. People at the festival seemed to be trying to forget, but with recent attacks and progression being inacted from an outside source... Perhaps it is not a place the likes of someone such as myself would fit into, though it is certainly interesting to observe their customs from afar. I hope they manage a swift recovery."

The young woman tilted her head, looking at the girl from Taris with an inquisitive expression.

"This may seem strange, but I believe you may be more worldly than myself," she mentioned. "This place... what do you think of it?"

UKATIS

Persephone nodded at the words of the woman in regards to her assessment of the planet. She wondered how long the woman had spent here, or if she had just arrived like herself for the festival. Didn't seem to matter, especially when Persie thought she had summed up the observations perfectly however. Perhaps she had spent some good amount of time planet-side.

"I think yous is right." Just observing the people, something was different about this planet. "Real diff'rent. Almost like they are...what's the word? Repressed? Stifled? Real traditional....oh...insular! Yeah...thats it. Seems like when theys are done with the festival ain't no one going to be havin' fun or visiting the planet. Almost like people don't wanna come here 'cause if yous is from the outside...forget it."

Slender shoulders shrugged.

"Maybe its cause yous said they is still recovering. Scared of the outside still....but....I don't think so. This runs deep."

A pause.

"Not a place I wanna come back to....I think yous should continue on in your journey too, away from here."

Phobos Phobos

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

"I'd like to stand on the side of optimism," Phobos noted. "I believe that they will be moving in the right direction with time. Perhaps it is worth another visit later down the line."

There really was beauty in a place like this, in spite of the apparent flaws. Phobos liked to believe in the good of people. Ultimately, given time and healing, she believed that there was a better outcome for everyone. Progress took time though. She was not going to expect immediate results, but she certainly had faith that such things were possible.

"There is more for me to learn here in time," she decided. "For now, my time here seems to be drawing to a close. I don't have my own transport, so I'm currently relying on the good will of a friend. I must thank you for your time. Theres much I don't know... conversations bring me a little closer to understanding."

She gave a hollow sigh, more of a reflex than anything else. Phobos had no lungs to breath with after all.

"May I trust you with something?" the young woman asked. "I ask you don't tell others about such things, but I feel it is wrong for me to veil myself after sharing this discussion. It feels dishonest."

UKATIS

"Yous welcome. I don't know a lot either, so its been good conversatin'."

Up until months ago the only life she had known was Taris. Now it was more open to her, not quite free to explore and be on her own, but with more freedom and resources to go places and see other people. Much like Phobos Phobos , Persie was also on her own journey, learning and absorbing the world around her. It was overwhelming at times but also rewarding, like now with the current conversation.

"Mama says a secret is only a secret between two folks." Persie looked around to make sure they were still alone. "Look's like its just us still. I ain't going to say anything. Really ain't got no one to say anything to anyways."

Ukatis

5GKFNrC.png

Phobos gave a nod, reaching up to slowly remove her hood. The fire below spilled out, the vibrant green hair naturally drifting up. She ran her hand through the flames before turning her head to face the girl in full.

"I am... unclear on the reason I am like this or what I am," Phobos admitted. "But I've come to recognize that I can appear... unnatural. I'm sure that many people here would have many questions about what I am. I feel that it's better to hide my form for that reason..."

She gave a faint tilt of her head.

"Sorry if my appearance is concerning," she added.

UKATIS

Persephone could see why Phobos Phobos would hide their hair because she in fact had a lot of questions. Some silly, such as the logistics of brushing one's hair (if that even was a thing) to wondering if the woman's pillow was singed at night from sleeping on it with flame green hair. All rude questions to ask someone, especially a stranger, and she had no intentions of making the woman feel worse than she already did. It had to be hard to get such idiotic questions day in and day out.

"Whys would it be concernin'?"

Taris had a great deal of alien species, most of whom were forced to live in the lower levels of the city. Persie had seen a collection of odd and unusual sentients growing up, and sometimes it had been hard not to stare. Especially a sentient she hadn't seen before, anything new in such abject poverty was always a curiosity either way.

"Your hair is entrancin' . I love it." A small pause. "Yous should be a model. Its real distinctive. Ima little jealous, I just gots plain brown."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom