Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Distance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder?

Tag: Chekīta Kaie Chekīta Kaie

Cyran got the times mixed up, what he thought was supposed to be a PM arrival turned out to be an AM arrival. So he ended up needing to spend the night at the terminal. Personally he wasn’t sure if his wife had ever visited zeltros before. But for Cyran himself he hasn’t been back to his homeworld in a while. It was almost overwhelming being back in the all too familiar vibe of positive carefree energy the planet and its inhabitants exuded.

But most importantly to him was that he would get to see his beloved Chekīta again after quite some time apart. Long distance had really taken a toll on him. What was that human saying again? Distance makes the heart grow fonder? What a load of bull, all it did was give him a lonely anniversary. They could finally catch up and spend some quality time together now.

Currently Cyran was asleep on a bench by the terminal that Chekīta should be arriving at. Having arrived 13 hours early. However, he was woken up by a voice on the intercom's overhead explaining that the ship had just arrived at the terminal. The same passenger vessel that his wife would be arriving on. Sadly Cyran now looked a tad more dischevled than he wanted too now. Giving a quick stretch from hsi seat ht got up and picked up his little sign. A piece of poster paper with his wife’s name on it along with a little doodle of a Mandalorian helmet.

Walking over to where others had gathered to meet who they were hoping to see. All the while lazily rubbing his eyes to help wake himself up. He held his little sign over his chest and waited for Chekīta to depart.

Chekīta Kaie

I'm smiling, this should scare you
New about Zeltros was quite common throughout the galaxy, a planet that basically never stopped partying, to the point that she doubted anyone could military take of the world. The moment you stepped on she assumed any force would be swept away by the atmosphere, and considering how Zeltrons have their 'special abilities such probably wasn't too hard from the truth. "I hope their drinks are just as strong then".

Kai mused to herself as the shuttle came in for a landing, said craft filled to the brim with party-going people, all revved up to get off and have a nice time. A time she was looking forwards to, mainly with her husband Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas , a local of the planet below and fellow bounty hunter. Ah the time they had together, from the first meeting to joint jobs. Something that was put on hold due to business back home with her clan, but honestly, that was never her.

While Chekita was happy to keep the Awuard name and flaunt her Mandalorian status she wasn't really going to settle in with that whole 'honor' styled family stuff. She was much more comfortable freelancing and her husband was a good excuse to put clan business on the back burner and head off to have some personal time. As the doors for the craft opened she practically jumped from the door, scanning the area for that pink-haired boy.

As the door to the vessel opened Cyran was almost surprised to see Chekita was one of the first to depart from the vessel. His eyes widened upon seeing her, and raised his hand up and waved at her. Feeling a bit more giddy now with her arrival he had a bright smile on his face. When she made some more room to allow other new arrivals he’d approach.

“It’s been too long sweetheart.” He said when he got up to her and gave her a big hug. Lifting her up some and spinning a little with her in his arms. He’d definitely bulked up some since she last saw him. In no small part thanks to her training. Setting Chekita back down to her feet he eyed and smiled. “I’m so glad to see, you got any bags you want to help carried?” He asked, looking around her. “Oh and sorry if I might seem a little tired or sleepy still. Got the schedule screwed up and ended up spending the night here.” Despite that Cyran did seem rather filled with glee to see her after quite some time spent apart, some positive emotions that might rub off on her as well.

He wondered if she perhaps wanted to get going right away with activities, or maybe rather try to settle in first and rest to overcome any jet lag from the travel. It can be jarring traveling across planets let along star systems and light years.

Chekīta Kaie

Chekita returned the hug, lifting Cyran up a bit, smooshing the man's face into her ample chest in a playful manner. "Oooh, how I missed you, and yeah I've got some bags, but I think I can handle them easily enough, but I welcome the assistance anyways". A droid plopping down two duffle-like bags next to the couple, probably filled with a mix of clothes, weapons, and other items. "And we can sleep as much as possible, I could use a small rest after the trip, then we can hit up a bar or a club, might also need to get into a change of clothes no"?

She questioned in a slightly teasing manner putting her husband down. "So, where is your house or place you are crashing at"? Chektia's gaze moved around the area, wondering where they were to go.

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

Cyran was amused that his wife turned the table on him and lifted him up as well. Taking a step back he nodded to her words and grabbed one of the two duffle bags for her. “Yep we can do all that and more!” He replied with a very cheery tone. “We can stop by my old home and come up with a plan of attack there. It’s not far.” He added, ready to lead the way.

“Back when I came of age I inherited my family's old home. Pretty dated too, so I hope you don’t mind carpeted bathrooms hehe.” That being one of its charming qualities he had yet to modernize. If he was being honest he hardly even stepped foot in the house even during the few times he visited his homeworld. “After we get you settled I figured it might be nice to go to the beach.” Cyran himself believed Zeltros had some of the best beaches in the galaxy. It wasn’t long at all until they left the terminal and at its monorail to head into the capital city proper.

“Maybe on the train ride back I can bore you with my recent misadventures.” He added with a smile.

Chekīta Kaie

Chekita slowly relinquished the hug, moving to grab her other bag while nodding towards Cyran. "Sounds like a plan, could do with stretching my legs a bit after being inside that tin can, not enough leg room I find". That or she was just a bit too much on the larger size, thankfully she wasn't a Wookie.

"Inheritance hu, sounds simple and neat, my Inheritance was supposed to become the new Clean head, but that was never really my thing, though did get some neat stuff here and there, but I prefer a more open lifestyle". She was always willing to come back and assist the clan when needed but at the moment it wasn't really anything she felt needed doing more behold too. "Oh a beach walk, you know if you want to see me in a Bikini you just have to ask". She joked back, knowing full well he didn't mean it but she always loved to tease the man.

"Though that does raise a question, how has business been with me away"?

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

Chekīta Kaie Chekīta Kaie

Cyran could imagine that she was possibly cramped with the economy line vessel. Especially for a rather burly woman like herself. Soon after the two of them left the terminal they boarded the next train into the city. On the ride he continued with their conversation.

“Kinda interesting I suppose, when I was little I always wanted to be a Mandalorian, but got that more open lifestyle you want. Seems we’re living our lives inverted from one another huh?” Cyran felt like that was an interesting way of looking at it. As if fate got the couple’s lives mixed up some. Then he heard her bring up wearing a bikini which the thought hadn’t wet crossed my mind but he played along. “Hehe, maybe you’ve already caught on to my ulterior motives.” He replied to her tease with a smile and light chuckle. His pink skin even blushing a tad bit.

He thought for a second about her question before answering. “Honestly for me business has sorta been all over the place. The more galactic governments and factions there are the more red tape that gets in my way ya know.” He explained, since he liked to play by the rules, even to his detriment, it got more complicated the more the galaxy got carved up with borders. He likely wouldn’t mind if it was all just under one government like the days of yesteryear in history. “Hmm, oh, and one other thing that's kinda rocked the boat for me lately. I took on an apprentice fairly recently. He’s a pretty spunky fella, sometimes reminds me of myself when I was his age. Even before we met and you were caught cosplaying in fake mandalorian armor.” He explained with a bit of a laugh at the end. “Yeah I’ve been teaching him to be a bounty hunter, though with a bit of my own flare to it.” Cyran was rather unique in his practice of the trade, like exclusively working with legal bounties and having a no killing rule.

Chekīta Kaie

She gave a small shrug thinking about it for a moment, in a way their lifestyles were inverted, a Mando wanting a more carefree party life and a Zeltron wanting to be a Mando. In that sense the two were a match made in heaven as each could give the other what they wanted, "I suppose we are, never really thought of that, usually, just go with the flow most of the time". Speaking of going with the flow, in regards to wearing a bikini. "Well, I suppose we will need to go shopping for one then". She would need help to pick one out after all.

The conversation switched back to work, Chekita raising an eyebrow at the mention of an apprentice. "Oh? Interesting, I wouldn't mind meeting him, see what you have passed on, give him a small test run". Considering how they first met she'd be interested in knowing if the student fought the same way. "But we can worry about that another time, is your house close"?

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

“Shopping huh? You didn’t pack any beachwear?” Cyran questioned her, wondering if she only packs functional and combat ready clothing and or weapons. “Hmm, I think you would look quite dashing in one piece.” He added with a smirk.

Then Chekita replied to his statement about taking on an apprentice. “A test run huh? Well if it's anything like the treatment you’ve given me in our training I might have to veto it. I wouldn’t want you leaving my pupil scared for life haha.” He teased, suggesting that she would be too hard on him. “Lately I’ve been teaching him arial maneuvering and combat. I must confess It always has me hanging by the edge of my seat.” Cyran added, expressing concern for their safety even while in a training environment.

Soon after, the monorail train came to a stop. “Yep, this is our stop, really just a block away now.” He said as they departed from the station together. In this part of town they were a short walk away from the beach which was virtually in constant festivity. As they got closer to his estate Cyran noted. “You know I always felt like the unsung heroes of Zeltros were our humble sanitation engineers and workers. Sacrificing their time and energy to make sure that all the partying doesn’t dirty the streets and neighborhoods. Otherwise we’d be buried up to our necks right now in dirty red solo cups and broken liquor bottles.” He wondered if he bored her with his little tangent about the heroic garbage men and women of his homeworld. But he had a point, the roads and sidewalks were pretty tighty.

“Well anyways, here we are.” He said as they stood before his small slice of paradise. It was a relatively smaller and older home than the others nearby. It was white with clay tile roofing. Beyond the small fence was a simple yet pleasant little rock garden of a lawn with a few eye-catching cactus like plants around, likely to be as little maintenance as possible so he didn’t need to hire workers for lawn care since he was hardly around. Walking up to the front door he opened it, it wasn’t even locked. “After you sweetie.” He said with a pleasant smile and let her in first. The inside was modestly furnished, and the walls were lined with some old wallpaper. But it was all rather clean an tighty.

Chekīta Kaie

"Not really, unless you count my armor which is water-tight, not many places with good beaches where I was working". And if there were beaches they were often not in the best condition. "All the more reason to head out shopping and I can model more than just a one-piece, though I do like that idea". They were a practical form of swimwear sort of like a done-down body glove that people would wear under armor, speaking of which.

"I suppose he has his own jump pack set? Sort of their own armor if they are training with you"?
She questioned, even if the kid wasn't ready for her type of training could still get to know them a bit. Again, questions for another time, right now she was here to relax and have fun, not really talk about work and training, plenty of time for that later on.

They continued to walk making their way up to the apartment, herself nodding casually to the talk about maintenance. "I have a feeling most of that is taken care of by droids to be fair". Would make the most sense, while certainly, Zeltrons were no slackers she couldn't see a whole legion of them keeping the place running and not partying. As for Cyrans house and how well it was kept, the place seemed pretty quaint, "Neato ladies first hehe, quite a cozy little place you have here".

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

“Yeah, they got their own set of armor, pretty vintage too, and I gave them my old jetpack. I’ve been transitioning over to more repulsor tech for mobility instead as of late.” He replied to her. After they finally got inside his old home, he shut the door behind them. “Thanks, make yourself at home… well I guess it is your home too?” Cyran said remembering that given their relationship it was pretty much just as much her house as it was his. Sometimes he needed to remind himself that Chekita was his wife in more than just a title. He wondered if she ever needed to do the same thing.

Setting the bag of hers he carried on the couch in the living room. “I’m glad I remembered to get fresh groceries before you arrived, and not forget it until either of us realized all we’d have is a fridge of old condiments and liquor. If you want I could make you something, I’ve heard commercial transit food isn’t very good. But if you wanna just relax and rest like you said earlier that’s fine too.” Cyran explained to her, again with a friendly smile. It was fairly telegraphed that he’s almost trying to act like a servant for Chekita. He understood that she was a hard worker and actually wanted to treat her with a good time and have her take full advantage of her visit. Soon after he finished talking he suddenly seemed anguished at a thought.

“Ahh, fiddle-sticks, I think I may have forgotten take the bedding out of the dryer and make the bed.” He said as he brought his hand to his forehead. Seemingly a little worked up over the mild inconvenience over trying to make sure the house was all nice and set for the two of them. Maybe Cyran wasn't doing a good job representing his typical zeltronian carefree and fun loving attitude, and instead was fretting over being a good host for his wife.

Chekīta Kaie

"Vintage hu, wonder who made it, personally prefer jetpacks, I like the fire but you do you, I know you are not one to take massive risks like me". Though that was a part of Cyran she liked and also teased. "A home away from home, guess being married does that". Was a new concept for her, the marriage amount Mando's was a little different depending on what clan.

"What is the deal with commercial transit food..... but yeah I could use something to eat that doesn't taste like plastic, what ya got in there anyways? Booze to, can't have a meal without it". While it would probably be a bit different from what she is used to backing home Zeltron's liquor was just as good if but in its own way. You didn't become the party capital of the galaxy and not have a thriving alcohol business.

"Don't worry about the bedding I'll take care if it if you wanna start cooking, shouldn't be to hard right? Or is this another excuse to get use to sleep together"?

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

Hearing her comment on a home away from home made him reply. “Personally I’ve always wanted to get property on Bespin, like on Cloud City or similar floating settlement. That planet’s always held a special place in my heart I guess.” Cyran explained some while thinking about the gas giant.

“Yeah I was thinking of pasta of some kind, it's a modified recipe and one I learned from my family growing up, and of course I got Booze, could even whip up a cocktail. But fair warning, it's likely considerably stronger than what you might be used to since you only got the one liver.” He explained with a slight smirk. Wondering to himself if he perhaps needed to dilute any drinks for his wife so she doesn’t spend her whole visit hungover and miserable. But if Chekita would be adamant on wanting to have the full zletronian experience, it’d be hard to deny her that he believed.

After her comment on the bedding Cyran thought for a moment. “Yeah that’d be a huge help I think. It was just a chore that slipped past me. Maybe if I hadn't spent the night at the terminal I would’ve gotten done already. And what do you mean by that last bit, you think little ol’ me would need an excuse to sleep together?” Cyran teased back slightly, here on his homeworld, he had a home field advantage for any intimate escapades. Then again Chekita was a tough woman, and was pretty capable of being able to take what she wants. He made his way into the kitchen to get things prepared to cook some.

Chekīta Kaie

Bespin hu, interesting choice, "Is it because you can fly around with your pack? Personally probably not my cup of tea but for a fly guy like yaself I can see how it would tickle your fancy". That and the cost of living there was usually repaid with the high-quality houses and services.

Sitting down she had to do a double take of what Cryan just said about alcohol, raising an eyebrow at the statement. "You do know who you are talking to when you say that right? Stronger then I'm used to, that just sounds like a challenge hon, and I'm going to take it up". Besides fighting one thing that Chekita was certain she could do was drink. No cocktails were going to stop her anytime soon.

It would be something for him to get sorted out while she fixed up the bed. "Maybe, let's just say I've usually taken the lead on those sorts of things, not that you aren't just as flirty". She winked back before moving to the bedroom, to put her luggage away and also sort out getting the sheets done.

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

“To be honest I hadn't actually considered that fact. It more so holds a rather sentimental place in my heart. It was where I had my first big score bounty hunting with a few others in the guild.” Cyran explained to Chekita, despite living out of his ship primarily he still wanted a number of various planetary estates. Seeing her double take about his comment on how strong the drinks were here he chuckled some to himself.

Hearing her counter he would smile and reply. “Well I suppose it’s not a genuine experience here if you don’t spend like a fourth of your time miserably hungover.” He seemingly pondered out loud, thinking back to how many tourists can commonly come away feeling bitter that half their trip was regretting their actions taken the previous night. Looking back to Chekita he spoke again. “Alrighty, I won’t dilute any drinks I may prepare. And you should know I would never underestimate you. Though I would still highly recommend not drinking any of the local spirits “neat”. They can be pretty unpleasant even for me, and can be more befitted for a combustion engine than in a bottle or glass.”

As he got some pots and pans ready he would officially begin his cooking. Again hearing his wife comment over his shoulder, and she wasn’t wrong. Cooking wasn’t his speciality, but he never had trouble with it. Just follow the method or the instructions and it could reliably turn out good. His plan for food was a local red pasta recipe. One taught to him by his family, even though just about each of them made it differently, at least a little.

Chekīta Kaie

"Sentimental hu? Guess I can relate, I still have my old armor when I used to be a guard for that old core world confederation of whatever it was called. Nice times and all". A sort of blue armor modeled after the ye old republic senate command armor but with a hit of mando influence into the visor and whatnot.

She cocked an eyebrow at the hungover part of Cyran's next works, giving out a small chuckle. "That is if I decide to even sober up in the first place, besides there are things for that sort of stuff". True it still wasn't good to get tooo drunk, but she couldn't exactly not try out the local brews. "But if I do go overboard taze me or something". Would be better than doing something she'd regret the following day.

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

Listening to her mention that he should taze or knock her out if she were to go overboard made him chuckle a bit more. ”I’ll hold you to that. If a woman as capable as yourself was intoxicated and let loose on my hometown would likely leave a sore spot in this whole vacation.” Cyran knew she was dangerous enough sober.

He continued cooking his little pasta recipe. Add the noodles to the boiling water and some spices to enhance the flavor. Like the local beverages, even the food wasn’t spared from the general “extraness” of zeltros and were also much richer. Straining out the noodles he mixed it with the sauce and was pretty much done.

With a plate and utensils ready at the small dining table. Cyran Brought over the pasta with accompanying pasta fork for scooping. “Alrighty, food is now served and ready. Help yourself as much as you’d like.” Cyran said before he zipped back into the kitchen and prepared the drinks. Mixing the cocktails he hesitated for just a moment with his wife’s drink before deciding that it should be full strength for a more genuine experience. After which he came back with two glasses filled with red fluid. “I couldn’t think of a better drink than the Mandalore Sling for us to have.” Cyran said with a smile.

Chekīta Kaie

(Wow I've been away for way too long, give me a message on discord again if you are still around)

"Hey you never know, I get pretty wild around booze".
She gave Vass a slap on the back, in a playful sense though it still had some strength behind it before moving to sit back down, awaiting the pasta. Being able to smell the cooking with ease, the exotic spices put into it being quite a tantalizing taste for the nose.

"Your cooking tastes amazing even before I eat it, and that drink, you know me so well, couldn't have asked for a better hubby". Her smile is wide as she reached over to grab the glass, offering a toast. "To hopefully a nice long night of drinking another other fun".

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran chuckled a bit from her words before feeling her hand give him a solid slap on the back. A small reminder of her strength. “Get pretty wild huh? You should do no better than to threaten me with a good time.” He said with a humorous tone.

Finally getting the food and drinks sorted out he took a seat with Chekita. His pink skin deepened some from her compliment about him being a good husband. Hearing her toast he grabbed his drink as well. Their glasses clinked together in unison. “Absolutely, those are the two things we do best here on Zeltros.” Now that he was back on his homeworld he knew he was going to be giving his two livers a serious workout.

“Let me know how the pasta is, I haven’t made it in years, so I might be a little rusty.” He said curiously. A wide, friendly smile smile across his face.

Chekīta Kaie

She stopped for a second before laughing at the mention of good times.“Well I’ll tell you a secret babe, certain booze gets me in the mood, and others make me rowdy, I’ll let you guess which is which”. The Mando chuckled before sitting down for the dinner in question.

Hands grasping a fork and going to work on the pasta, it was hard to say, she hadn’t really rated pasta much, but it was good. “It’s nice, not sure if you are rusty or not but if you can get better I’d eat it just about any time, of course, I’d eat you up just as eagerly, got to give my compliments to the chef and all”. She teased taking another mouth full of the meal.

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom