Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discipline (Animus Malgus)

After several incidents bordering on betrayal, Darth Ophidia found that she needed to discipline her apprentice [member="Animus Malgus"]. She found that he had portrayed himself as the Sith'ari and killed several Acolytes, albeit in supposed self-defence. While the Rattataki had little against the culling of the weak, she had to admit that her apprentice's actions were at fault. She had long known he had certain delusions of grandeur, but now they had spun out of hand. If he did not come to a sudden realisation that he was not the Sith'ari, then she would have to allow his execution.

A flaw in the Apprentice is a failure of the Master. Darth Ophidia would not allow it.​

She had scheduled for Animus to meet her on the planet of Iridonia and given him coordinates at which he would find her. These coordinates would lead the Human to the highest cliff of a desert canyon. Near the edge of the canyon stood Darth Ophidia. Her hands were clasped behind her back and her feet were firmly rooted in the sandstone cliff. Her body was clad in layers of light fabrics, with a black outer layer that allowed the subtle breeze to flow through the linen fabrics. Her arms were bared, showing the subtle ripple of her slender, yet powerful physique. It was a product of many years of diligent training and honing of her skills. Not wearing her hood, she stood with her head fully exposed to the beating sun. The light of which shone dimly from her hairless scalp. Her eyes were closed as she meditated upon the task ahead. She would feel him coming from afar, and the Pale Assassin was ready.

Iridonia? Animus had never been here... yet under the call of his Master he was were... and the climb to this cliff was long, arduous and boring. Uneventful his climb was harsh... as he made his way he meditated in his mind, clearing his thoughts about the last encounter in the Academy. Screams of dying acolytes were drowned out by the Humming go his voice as his climb reached the top. He had a feeling he knew what this was about, surely he was being called about his outburst in the Academy. He had given up on this point arguing himself out of it. He was prepared to die. He had a good run, became a grand Acolyte, learned much on his way, yet before becoming a Knight let his Actions lead him to death by his own arrogance... He wouldn't be the first to die because of that, he surely would not be the last.

Animus however... Knew he would not die... He had not yet fulfilled the Prophecy!... but... what if he was not the Sith'ari? What if he had made a mistake?

Animus approached the figure of his master for what seemed like a millennium since their last encounter But Animus was different this time... Much different than when he met her in their training.... He hated her now...

Animus felt so special and akin to her when she took him as an Apprentice, so much so he was eager and willing to do anything to please but in his eyes... She had abandoned him... Along with all the masters... They were Jealous. Their Envy threw at him so he could not Join the Knights in their training... They Feared What the Sith'ari could do if he was properly trained, if he was brought in the fold he would outrank them! Destroy them! It was meant to be so they Shunned him... Fury and Anger boiled in his Veins as he locked his eyes upon his Master. His fists clenching and his eyes dripping tears of Anger and Fury. It's all their Fault! They are Holding me back! Animus Thought to himself blinded in fury but to Angry to speak.

He shook with fury, his fists clenched together as he stood in front of his Master but could not speak. The Rage inside him that he had held bottled up was beginning to overwhelm him to the point his emotions were a Storm.

He just stood there... Looking at her... His hatred and Fury welling up in the rims of his eyes in the form of tears. "Master..." He whispered.. a faint sound that was only heard by ghosts and spirits...

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Ghosts, spirits and Darth Ophidia. Her eyes did not open, but she saw him none the less. She had felt his anger, his hatred, his jealousy. It was not difficult for her to begin to piece it together. He had all the makings of a knight, but one: Control. Many Sith let themselves be consumed by the Dark Side, which reduced them to little more than beasts. A true Sith wielded the Dark Side and their passions like they wielded their lightsabre. Sure, they were prone to outbursts, but that was the danger of flirting with the Darkness. It always sought to consume you. Now, it was seeking to consume Animus in pride and envy. How fitting that he was named the Sin of Pride, when that was prone to be his downfall.

"[member="Animus Malgus"].. Good. I have been waiting for you. Distressing news have come to me. Words some would call treason."

Her eyes opened and stared at Animus. They burned like embers and fixed on him like the eyes of a predator. He was most likely used to her unblinking gaze by now, but this time it was different. The way she looked at him was different. It was not sadness, nor worry or disappointment. It was not anger, nor more than the usual amount of hatred. Still, there was something different, something off.

"You have falsely, and not to mention foolishly, called yourself the Sith'ari and thus spoken treason towards the Dark Lord. Denounce it, or I will have to prove your imperfections, apprentice."

The venom in her last word was the first sting against his pride. She was quite sure he would not denounce his deeds willingly just yet, but she opted to give him the chance to show respect toward his superiors. Pride fuelled many Sith and Ambition was their lifeblood. Yet, she would set him in his place before she could raise him up, soon.

Animus walked to his master with eyes unblinking. His anger and hatred was not under his control until this moment when he breathed in... wiped the moisture from his eyes with his shoulder and breathed out. He did not respond immediately, but headed to the cliff. This time it was him to walked beside her and gave her his back as he stepped on a stone over the cliff. It was a large slab of stone that stuck out of the cliff like a Plank in a pool, held only by larger bolder that kept the stone slab from toppling over.

He spun on his heel inches from the fall. He was so blinded by emotions and tormented by what he felt was the betrayal of all whom he had trusted... her most of all... So deeply he had to remind himself not to take one step back and plunge down into the Abyss that was death. "Limits?... Imperfections?..." Animus began, his voice slightly cracking with very strong emotions, most of which was just slight heartbreak and hatred.

He held out his hand to push the boulder that held the slab he stood on from falling. "I know why you called me here... I ask that if you are going to Kill me, Master" He spat the word as if she was never in that position to begin with. "You go about it quickly..." The Boulder started moving and the stone underneath him started to shift and buckle.

"If you are correct... and i Am not the Sith'ari... i will fall to my death after you pull that boulder.... but if you are wrong... " Animus cocked his head as his eyes brimmed with hatred and fire he had not shown his Master before this day. "Then when i crawl back from the pits of the Abyss and fulfill my destiny... i will come find you"

What are you Saying Animus!? She is your Master!
I have no Master... I am the Sith'ari
You Will Die! Nothing Can Survive that Fall Not even The Sith'ari !
Nothing can kill the Sith'ari.. not even a plunge from this Height
Listen To yourself! You are talking Insanity!
Insanity is what the Weak Call what they Do not Understand... I will not Fail again.
Don't do it!
I have to...

The Boulder Began to move with his telekinesis, the stone slab beneath his feet shook and heaved against the force of the Massive Boulder Animus himself was removing.... "You abandoned me..." He whispered to himself as he pushed the boulder away from his slab, an inner conflict in his head fell into deaf ears as he prepared for his own death.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

"Are you truly that weak, my apprentice? Do you long so desperately for death that you would throw yourself over a cliff?"

She made no move to save him. If he desired death then he would take it. If he desired life and opportunity then he would step away from the cliff and his foolish attempt at an ultimatum. She did not know what she would do if he fell. Would she save him or would she let him fall to his death? Culling the weak. He was her apprentice, her responsibility. Yet, they were also Sith.

"I have not abandoned you. You have abandoned your senses. Do I not stand here Animus? Am I not watching over you? The only fault is that which you have brought upon yourself. So make your choice."
She turned to follow him with her eyes. This was more than a matter of assassins, it was a matter of Sith at its core. A matter of Masters and Apprentices. Just as she had duelled her master on Mustafaar, she would duel Animus on Iridonia.

"If you think you are the Sith'ari, then I will fight you and I will prove your error. Take the path of the Sith, Animus. The path to power."

[member="Animus Malgus"]

Animus stopped when he realized he was not yet dead... He had come here accepting death yet she did not say that was his judgement. Animus realized he misjudged the reason why he was summoned here. He stepped out of the Stone slab with his eyebrow raised. "You... didn't call me here to execute me for the Lives i took in the Academy?" his voice trembled with fear of the answer. If that was not the reason she had called him here then...

It all made sense to him now, she came here because Animus had called himself the Sith'ari, not because of what he had done to the Acolytes in Glee Anselm. When this all came together in Animus' mind he relaxed and de-sensitised his muscles greatly, but that did not last. His anger and ire came back ten fold as he stepped in front of her. "You did not come to train me... You did not come to be my master.." His words dripping with uncontrollable anger and emotion. "You came because i realized who i really am? Who sent you!? The Dark Lord? the Wrath? " His lightsaber ignited without him even realizing it. His anger grew to such a level that the tears dripping from his eyes now dropped from his chin.

This is Madness Animus! Put your Lightsaber down! She is your Master!
She is a Pawn of the Dark Lords who sent her to kill me before i have the chance to fulfill the prophecy
If she wanted you dead she would have killed you, Listen to Reason!
They would have Killed Lord Bane as well if they knew he could not be turned.
You are Not the Sith'ari Animus! You Know you are Not!
I am not yet... but i will be one day.
Don't do this...
I have to...

Animus thought for a second of falling to his knees and realizing the error of his ways...

Do I not stand here Animus? Am I not watching over you?

he had felt alone until she said those words... but he was the Sith'ari. His lightsaber was primed and angled high over his head, Sadness and anger filled him... Anger that the Sith had put His Master in his way.. now he had to fight His master. "To the Nine Hells with your Dark Lord who has turned you against me... if you live after today i will bring you his head and prove myself worthy of your teachings... Now come at me if you wish... i will not hold back... I'm sorry..." His Voice Dripped Hatred and love... he hated her in this moment, and loved her at the same time. She was here and she had not given up on him that made Animus feel as special as he did when she had first taught him. Yet she was here and had not given up on her at the Behest of the Dark Lord. Or so Animus Believed. Which made him Hate her and the Entire damned order right now.

His cloak fell to the floor in a heap next to him, Animus was out of control for days and he needed to be put in his place one way or another, he needed to be beaten out of the senselessness he had gained during his many trips to Korriban and his readings of King Adas. He took the exclusion from Knight trainings and the barring of certain knowledge as betrayal. He felt betrayed by the Masters, By the Order and by The One Sith itself. The Sith'ari will destroy the Sith.. And make them Stronger than ever before.
[member="Darth Ophidia"]​

"If the Dark Lord had sent me, you would never have seen me coming. You know this Animus. I am here entirely on my own accord."

As Animus sabre ignited, Ophidia kept her stare on him. She did not look specifically at any point of him, but saw his entirety. First, she would prove to him that she did not need her sabre to fight him. Her weight shifted to the balls of her feet, the soles digging into the thin cover of sand on the stony surface of the cliff. Her face adopted a seriousness to it as she stepped towards her apprentice. Her hands unclasped from her back and came to her side. She was relaxed, but ready. The fight was inevitable. If he could not be brought back down from his delusion, then she would have to kill him. Ifs and buts.

"I don't need my sabre to defeat you Animus. You know this too."

Her hands lifted slowly at her sides as she took another step forward. Her eyes did not stray from him for a moment and her pace was steady. She was not concerned with being unseen or undetected at the moment, so all her focus was on her opponent and apprentice. Even before she had joined the Sith, she was a competent unarmed fighter. Furthermore, she had never shown him how she fought unarmed. Which gave him no clue as to what she was about to do.

[member="Animus Malgus"]

Animus was beyond listening. He had a prophecy to fulfill. Yet, he was not going to underestimate his enemy, and he took it as an offense to his Ability and skill. "Was it you who taught me never to play fair?"
At the instant her pose seemed at laf his hand was raised and a Bolt of Lightning came at his Master at the sight of her. Never giving an Inch he was upon her if she did not fall. With all the Fury and the Hatred and the power he could muster from the deepest corners of his Being. This would not be the first time Ophidia would have her apprentice come at her with everything he's got and it most certainly would not be her last. He was here out of his own frustration of attaining a trial that would have to test him. The Last Trial, did not. The apprentices fell before him one after the other with little more than wounds to show for their effort and their lives to give for the chance. This was no Apprentice. Animus could not see this, like Many upon countless thousands of Apprentices who have died in the sands of Korriban looking for something that is Not there, Animus was headed down that same road. His master would have to find a way to bring him Back with his feet on the ground. Or kill Him.

His Form was Juyo, at it was relentless as he poured hours away into growing to a level of proficiency in it that had granted him the ability to stand his own against the likes of Knights, that was Before, His Juyo was now at the Level of a Knight initiate, he could do things with it now, things the likes of which he thought not capable naturally of. It was not as Powerful or as proficient as he had seen Ferus but the lack of other examples to compare to made him think it was something GRAND. That was the Core. Grandeur. The Spectacles. The Mass Fleets.... everything.

He would throw his Master everything he had and More. He did not see a Limit. Ophidia would show him one.​

"Yes. Honour is for the dead."

When his lightning shot at her, she raised a hand to intercept it. What was she doing? She took all his anger and hatred, reading the emotions that fuelled his lightning as it connected with her palm, Tutaminis. The Lightning balled in her hand while the brow-muscles in her face furrowed under the ashen skin. As soon as Animus had no more lightning to give, she sent the energy right back at him and followed up with her own lightning charge as well. Even if he caught it all on his lightsabre, the pressure would be immense and in all likelihood stop him in his tracks.

Even as he threatened her with his intermediately advanced lightsabre proficiency, she did not draw her blade. To draw her blade would be to legitimise his power, and for now she had other ways of subduing him. While it did not come to hand-to-hand right away, she was a Master of the Dark Side of the Force. She felt the power of it surging through her body as she streamed lightning against her apprentice. The pressure of it increasing constantly.

Eventually, the pressure would seize and Ophidia retracted her hands into a guarded position. Her weight shifted instantly as she prepared for another charge from her apprentice. She could catch his lightning because she had given him the spark, and she had taught him how to throw it. She was the source of his lightning and as such her low-level Tutaminis could take it. She could not, however, take on a lightsabre. Of course, [member="Animus Malgus"] did not know that.

Animus raised his lightsaber and deflected the lightning with much effort away from him, his charge stopped but his demeanor did not... he was not about to pull back his potential over one countered blow. While deflecting it's blast Animus conjured an Illusion of smoke over his body. The Object was not to deceive his opponent, but to make his moves that much more difficult to predict. This Animus was not the Same as the one in their previous Fight. Animus dashed inside, lightsaber in a blue flurry of destruction ready to Annihilate anything and everything that stood in his way.

Odd angles, coming from every direction, Juyo was upon him like a mad beast, it's mentality blinding him from rational thought and the fact he was not injured or touched or felt that he was still in any condition to back down from a challenge fueled his already unnerving resolve. Last Time Animus had felt quite close to landing a Blow on his Master. This time he meant to defeat her entirely. Make her realize he was the Sith'ari and that the Prophecy had foretold of his arrival Thousands of years ago. Every Sith Lord who had grown to power has thought himself the Sith'ari or proclaimed it by some beings or people... every single one... had fallen.. Animus thought he was the One to Succeed where others have failed.

Animus was undeterred and Undaunted as ever. "Do not Underestimate me!" He screamed, Bellowed, Bringing forth the Force Shut but it did not Come... He could not command it on will, he still needed more training, but he did not think so. He thought it was jut eventual, and it would not matter. Pride Made him Ignorant, a delusion of Madness had overcome him and he was powerless to stop it. His master [member="Darth Ophidia"] had to beat the rational into him, literally.

This Animus was indeed not the same. He had grown stronger, but not more cautious. Even with his knightly proficiency in Juyo and his shroud of smoke, she could see the tip of his blade and the toes of his boots. Putting together the information, she was able to intuitively predict his movements. Her evasion appeared to happen with ease, but she was in truth struggling to keep pace with the sheer speed of his form. Darth Ophidia had to channel the Force into her body to truly keep up with the lightning-quick movements of Juyo, yet none-the-less she swayed, ducked, side-stepped, back-stepped and pivoted out of the trajectory of his blade. Under the beating sun, sweat would soon begin to bead on her forehead, but her cold expression was unchanged.

Having once been struck by his Force Bellow, she saw it coming, but the Force did not alarm her. Ophidia decided to trust in her instincts and maintain her defensive footwork against her apprentice. She wanted him to tire out, such was the weakness of his form: It left no energy to be conserved. In one of her pivots, her right hand swiped the lightsabre into her palm, but she kept it deactivated. Nothing in her swift hand-motion gave away the grabbing of the sabre unless one was specifically looking for it of course.

"Is this all you can muster, Animus?"

[member="Animus Malgus"]

"Impossible" The words left his lips yet he clenched his teeth in an effort to pull the words back. He had swung at her with everything he had yet he could not even touch the air around her figure. This was the second time Animus had thought [member="Darth Ophidia"] to be an Illusion. The illusions on the edge of his body has dissipated. He stood breathing in gasps, he had attacked his master with absolutely all his Juyo swings and missed. He was beginning to understand that he was not even close to his Master in Any way, but he was not about to give up just yet. He dove in again but this time jumped to be above her, Twirling his saber over his head and come crashing down sending ripples of the Force everywhere.

In the Air he made 3 Clones of himself that darted and Zigzagged along with him in an effort to confuse his master as to which was the real Animus. Unbounded and with Frustration and fury feeding his assault he was not yet exhausted enough to attack any slower and force augmentation would make his attacks even faster than before. Audaciously he ducked and weaved however Juyo was not his mentality, only rage. This fight he could not enjoy...

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

While Darth Ophidia had never fought duplicates before, she had most certainly fought multiple opponents. She dropped to a knee, to give her a little extra time while she channelled the Force into her limbs. Then, just before Animus' and his duplicates' devastating attack was to hit, she released a powerful surge of the Force in the form of a rapidly expanding bubble of tangible Force energy. As a roar of anger escaped her lips, the bubble exploded with Ophidia as the epicentre. Sand, dust and stone was thrown in every direction, and some of it off the edge of the cliff.

As soon as the bubble was thrown, Ophidia activated her bloodshine blade. She reached out to sense the location of Animus and with Force enhanced speed darted in his direction to push the attack. He would find no quarter, no rest, no end to her ceaseless string of fluent attacks. She would harass his defences with an array of jabs, thrusts and cuts from every possible angle. The pressure was on as the Master of Makashi unleashed her seamless string of offence against her apprentice.

[member="Animus Malgus"]

The blast had caught Animus in mid air and flung him back without effort. "What Th" Thrown back with debris and rocks along the way he found himself on the defensive and quick. No time to recover from the blast Animus was on his knees and getting up when his Master was upon him. "So much for not needing a saber!" Animus laughed as finally this battle was becoming enjoyable. Igniting his lightsaber He raised his hand to block an incoming attack but found himself struck by the Crimson blade many times. Makashi had no power, but the attacks and light slashes added up. Animus dove on his master when a Makashi strike passed his cheek by inches and he stepped in with Juyo.

Juyo had no defense, Animus was not going to be put on the defensive with Juyo.... Which is why he got struck by the crimson blade again and again, each blow bringing him down a peg but at the same time adding power and fury to his strikes. Once past the hilt and inside the forearm range of Ophidia... Animus thought he had the killing blow.... his Roar came with Anguish and Pain as much as from the Adrenaline of battle. Defiant, Proud and Glorious... his fall would be Magnificent and worthy of admiration. Pushing through his pain and Agony, using his strength and power given to him by Ataru and Juyo, plus the endless training he put himself under to grow adept at his Juyo the Force Shout Finally Came.

Stronger than it had ever been, Animus had not called it or tried to execute it. The Shout came from inside him. The Emotion, the thoughts of betrayal. Animus thought he was being forced to kill his master, Which his heart protested against with every fiber of its being. That is what unleashed the force shout. So strong it shook the ground and the very floor of their Duel. Iridonia seemed to quake at the clash of their blades. When Animus was close... He pulled out his hidden blade and made an Attempt at thrusting it at his master's belly... There was no hesitation in the attempt... But the move Hurt Animus' soul. Every blow he struck he struck with Pain and Agony, no remorse or Hesitation.... but Hatred of the forces that had (in his mind) forced him to attack his Beloved Master... "I am not destined to fall here!" The words left his lips with sorrow and hatred. With Agony and Pain...

Don't do it Animus.
Time stopped.... A voice in his mind tried to stop Animus from what he was doing, his conscience took Life and Form as the Force Shout shook the ground. The Voice... Was Ferus. He was not here but it was his voice his Conscience took to gain his attention.
There he stood, alongside Ophidia shoulder to shoulder looking at him in a White room.
We are your Family now... Put the Saber Down. His voice was calm and so was his tone.
Yeah! Asajj was there in his Vision. Shooting him a wink as a Sister would
We have not Abandoned you My Apprentice
We are right here. Sage Bane
We are Here too, we haven't left you either. Pyrrhus and Azurea stood together as well, as if one giant family picture.
He was surrounded... By his Sith Brothers and sisters in the Vision.
Me too my friend. Erebos? T'zanith? You too? Ruby? They were all here... But he still had a battle to fight.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

She smiled at his comment on her going back on not needing a sabre. She probably could have subdued him without it, but he was giving her a hard time. She couldn't hold back much against him any more. There were only a few aspects of her knowledge she had not already employed against him in some way. These aspects, she might stil use them, if they became necessary.

Her blade kept strafing her apprentice, siphoning his power and weakening him bit by bit. She could attempt to overpower him, but she wanted him alive. She wanted him to wear himself out on his extravagant offence and delusional rage. Still, he came close to harming her. When her sabre strafed his cheek, he came within reach and attempted a stab with the hidden blade towards her abdomen. Were she any other Sith, then she would probably feel the sharp sting of the alchemised blade. However, she was the Pale Assassin, one of the four Aspects to lead the Sith Assassins. The hidden blade was their signature weapon, and what [member="Animus Malgus"] attempted was one of their signature moves. Thanks to the free hand offered by Makashi, she was able to divert Animus hand to the side, opening his abdomen for a thrust of her knee.

Just as Darth Ophidia was about to knee Animus Malgus in the abdomen, she felt the Force screaming at her and she saw the signs of a coming Force Shout. However, there was nothing she could do. Her trajectory was fixed, her hands were taken. All she could do was to go with the flow. She took the blast head on, extending her foot in an attempt to land a kick on Animus' chin as he blew her away. She was thrown back several metres and tumbled further backwards on the hard, rocky surface. She really needed a defence against that skill. From her tumble, she received several bruises and a small cut in the back of her head. Yet, she stood up tall and pointed her sabre at Animus once more. She was not defeated, she was not weakened. He had not won.

"Good try, but not good enough. Face it apprentice! Let go of your lies and your delusions."

Animus took both a Knee to his stomach that knocked the Air out of his lungs and a foot to his Chin that sent him stumbling back and dislocated broke his Lower Jaw bone. He however realized this was not the moment to recover and stood up shakingly. Part of him knew he was outmatched but another part roared in victory as he landed the force shot and Saw his Master Stumbling back. He had no idea that attack was just a dent in his Master and not nearly enough to even bring her half a peg down. Animus however, in his madness smelled victory.

He was spent but he was not Smart enough to try and recover. The Small amount of Stamina he had was knocked out by the Knee to his abdomen, a body blow of that nature was worse that a jaw breaking kick, or a Nose Busting Punch, those you could shake away with Fierrero will and determination... but when the air was knocked out of your lungs... You were in a bad way. A warrior who was Proud but strong and Wise would see this and Adjust... Animus could not do that, if he did he would be proving he had Limits. Which the Sith'ari did not. That Knee Blow should have ended everything, His Broken Jaw bone caused such in Intense pain it gave him the fuel to bring himself up and ready his stance again.

This was not like the Time Ferus dislocated his Jaw, he could place a dislocated Jaw back with pain but ease since he knew how to do it... a Shattered Jaw bone was different. His jaw Hanged out in a strange way and he could not move it, tilted to the side it was obvious that jaw was bending in a way.... Jaws were not supposed to bend. This Duel would not last much longer for Animus but it would not be for the lack of effort and will. That much he had proven. His Will was Iron. Be it Stubbornness or Ignorance that drove it was unknown however.

He was bleeding from his mouth as the kick also cut below his teeth and he could not spit out blood... so it just dropped from his jaw dripping slowly. He came in again, Juyo flashing and desperation setting in. It was accompanied by laughter drowned by the Fury of his lightsaber blows. He did not notice or would Admit it... But he came in Slower, His Breathing came in gasps. With the Last of his Strength he blasted Stones and rocks of the floor to his master before coming in, this in someway he hoped would finish this. It would not end how he thought.

A part of him knew this duel was over. His mind, His conscience, The Smart part of him, the Part that been dormant until now. Arrogance and Pride was what fueled this last charge.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

As she looked at her apprentice, she did notice his injuries. She saw the way his jaw bent oddly, and his his breath had changed. While the abdominal trauma would heal once he got time to rest, the jaw would most likely need resetting and bacta-treatment. Nothing she couldn't get him once she knocked some sense into him.

"Cease this madness Animus!"

As he blasted rocks her way, she swiped her left hand in front of her to intercept their trajectory and knock them aside with a powerful pull of the Force. Wind tugged on her robes as the Force tore the rocks from their trajectory. Meanwhile, she stepped into Animus attack with her sabre on point. Due to his slowness, she could already anticipate his attack and set in motion the corresponding counter-attack.

As Animus sabre came for the first strike against Ophidia, her scarlet blade clashed with Animus' blue and diverted the trajectory to the side. While keeping Animus' blade away, her left hand darted up against Animus' chin with an open-palmed strike. If she had been wearing her Assassin's blade, she could have struck a killing blow to his windpipe. However, now she was aiming to knock him out. If the palm-strike connected successfully, she would step in and attempt to throw Animus on his back by lifting his chin up and pushing his head back with Force enhanced strength. All the while keeping his blade in check with her own.

She was ending this, before [member="Animus Malgus"] ended himself.

His jaw bone shattered the blow staggered animus into adrenaline, his last moments of life could be at the very end.

The sound glory and battle and victory rang in his ears clearly as the Armies of the Galaxy Bowed before the Dark Brotherhood.
His clash was fierce and powerful, with all might he could muster and as his lightsaber turned to his his side...he Saw it ...saw it all. Precog. He could see the opening this time.. near impossible, The Move had worked once and in practice there was much work to perfect it.

His body was spent, injuries he had ignored now made their gallant appearance in the form of pain and agony which Animus did not scorn, instead he made it Bow to his will to make one Attempt. The Dark Side again, made another step in his progress, through pain, and desperation. It was a move the had actually named. "Tie Fighter" The Only time it had ever happened was in the battle Animus had with Azurea, His juyo switches stance to makashi backing distance, with every last ounce of spirit and pride left he had. an acrobatic Maneuver of Ataru, Before landing his stance switched to makashi once again, from, over his opponent and thrusted to her to her chest.

Animus' had perfected these moves individually and combined them into the Rotation. Makashi would provide the distance he needed and then the Ataru Acrobatic Jump with Force jump, Land close and close enough for the final strike.

He was so slow, and spent at this point that even how the Darkside had given him the push to execute after this final maneuver, Animus would have nothing left to throw. If Anything failed, and if the move was executed in perfection Which it was. It was nearly impossible for Animus to continue this duel any longer. Death, came through his mid, Mortality. The End, of either. But perhaps... There was another way...

Ataru, always with the acrobatics. While it provided him with much speed and certainly an element of unpredictability, she had proven its' flaw to him once before and now she would do it again. Even with the backspin, his trajectory was fixed. With some quick mental calculations, Darth Ophidia was able to guess where he was landing. As he jumped back and spun in the air, her hand extended in a grip. Just as Animus body was straightening out to touch down on the ground, her hand closed in a vice grip on nothing. A noose of the Force would close around the apprentice's neck, pulling him away from Ophidia and into the air. She made sure his neck did not break in the sudden stop and yank, but she could not vouch for his comfort.

"Can you not see your flaw, my apprentice? You have still much to learn, much I can teach you."

If, and as long as, the noose closed around Animus throat, it would close slowly. A successful Force Choke would close off both air and blood from the brain, causing a slow and agonizing asphyxiation.

"Come back to us [member="Animus Malgus"]."

The Life slowly draining from his body, oxygen depleting slowly and his life turning into blackness he could feel the pressure summing up, however what he did not know is that at any instant she could have snapped his neck at that very moment with ease. He however would not give up, his will would not bend, his iron will. His Spirit was not broken, his Resolve held on. Iron Will. Iron Pride. Animus had taken Ophidia's motto and tweaked it in his own. Victory or Death. But it meant something different. It meant the Willingness to face the Jaws of death without fear and without remorse.... and the welcoming of death with a Warcry. and Bladestorm.

His transformation to the Darkside was Almost Complete...
"It's not over"
He threw his lightsaber at his Master and he knew that would disturb her concentration on the choke, he brought his lightsaber back to his hands and focused on the energy of the blade... If she was coming, or she was not coming. It did not Matter. He was going to Imitate something he had never tried before until this very moment. Bladestorm. He was not taught the ability. He saw it, once. His body battered his last blood gave him one Push.

His blue lightsaber hummed and grew shining stronger than anything he had ever seen before... was it working? Only one way to find out. He would swing the energy causing an arc from the Saber that taxed him everything he had left as he slumped with exhaustion and pain. Animus right now was giving 100% with injuries. Pain, Agony, The Sense of Betrayal. Fueled the Saber. An Ability so Advanced Animus did not eve know about it, even searching through Archives and record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom