Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Disaster Relief

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh. Oh. That explained a lot, actually. About Amani Serys Amani Serys 's trouble with the Force, the self punishment. Going down the road of the dark was.. Iris nodded, her gaze lingering on the scar for a moment. Lightning? She flopped back down on the ground, arms sprawled out as she stared up to the roof of the tent. Don't go alone. .. Yeah. To save her friend, any and all help should be used.

"My master, and some other friends. .. I won't do it alone, yeah." But.. No, Iris didn't want to talk about that, not any longer than they already had. Her gaze, still up at the top of the tent, narrowed slightly in thought.

"Mm.. You hungry? I'm hungry."

Her assurances seemed enough to get Amani to relax. Sharing the story was almost as much for her sake as Iris. The mirialan's shoulders sank like a burden had sloughed off. “Good, good. And should you ever find that you need one more pair of hands, then… consider me an option.”

There, even if everything else went wrong, Iris would still have one extra ally for certain. Best case scenario it wouldn’t be necessary, but Amani didn’t feel right without at least offering the safety net. She didn’t fear the dark side in Iris, but irregardless nobody should have to face such a challenge alone.

Amani chuckled lightly, “Now that you mention it, food does sound pretty good.” She stood up and stretched, then offered a hand to Iris.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Mm. I will, but it would be dangerous. I was thrown from a train." Not that she thought Amani Serys Amani Serys was weak. But.. The connection to the Force was only recently rekindled, just now right? Iris hummed in thought. She never did think about the difference between a Force user and a non. Was one stronger? The thought was left uncompleted as she reached up to take the offered hand, smiling faintly.

"Yeah. You like spicy food?"

"Well, consider it a last resort," Amani chuckled at her own expense. It's true in her current state she'd probably be a burden more than anything. Maybe one day that would no longer be the case.

She lifted Iris up off the ground and pushed through the flap of the tent, back among the other refugees and aid workers. "Works for me. You have something in mind?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Hot pot." Iris nodded once as she was pulled to her feet. Then immediately started looking around. Humming in thought. Where could they get hot pot here of all places? It was just a refugee camp, she doubted they had a working kitchen. If only.. Ah! The Padawan grinned wide as she reached out to take Amani Serys Amani Serys 's hand and drag her along without any sort of explanation.

Their destination? Her ship. While the camp might not have anything, her X-Wing had supplies. And run she did. Through the rain as quick as she could.

"C'mon! We gotta be quick."

Amani laughed a bit incredulously, "And where exactly are we gonna get tha-"

Then they were off. Iris pulled her along without another word, out of the tent and into the cascade of endless rain. She used her free hand to wipe the fresh spattering of water off of her face, and shield it from any further drenchings. "Whaaaat are we doing?!"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"My ship." It was all she bothered to explain in the heavy rain. It wasn't until they made it to the heavily customized X-Wing that the Padawan let Amani Serys Amani Serys go, ducking under one of the wings to get out of the rain. Well, no, she wasn't really trying to get out of the rain. The only bad thing about rain in her mind was it stopped her from painting. But that's where storage was. And in storage, a larger quick set up tent, and cooking supplies. She tossed out the device, basically making a roof where they could stand with ease. Then went about setting up the burner, table, chairs. Everything she needed to not just make food but also sit and enjoy it.

"Hot pot." She repeated it again, grinning as she looked back to the other woman. "You can sit. It'll be a little bit before everything's done, but I promise it's the best."

Amani more or less pieced it together once the ship came into view, taking refuge underneath from the rain. She grabbed at the hem of her shirt, wringing out what excess water she could. "Remind me to find a dryer place for work next time."

Iris was already setting things out, and Amani put her grumbling aside to help how she could, before sitting down as suggested, "I'll hold you to that." She laughed. It hadn't really registered to Amani how starving she was until now. Iris could serve her just about anything right now and it would sound good.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Is the rain that bad? I think it's nice." She lifted her gaze, staring out of the canopy to watch the rain continue to fall. Rattle off her ship, the tarp that was keeping her and Amani Serys Amani Serys dry. But only for a moment before she dove right into her cooking, to the point she was off in a world of her own. The Colors had always been too distracting for Iris when she was younger. She'd learned how to talk to people through them, to hold conversations. But to cook at the same time as that? It was beyond her capabilities. Sleeves rolled up and hair tied back she went about combining the broth's ingredients and chopping the mix ins. Her scars didn't seem to bother her in the process.

Thankfully, it wasn't that long of a process. Iris would have a pot with a rather spicy smelling broth atop the table and set out various other ingredients around it. Mostly leafy greens and mushrooms, but there were some thin slices of meat. Iris took her own seat, practically drooling at the food.

"Once it comes to a boil, just add what you'd like! It's a mix and match, so don't hesitate."

Amani shrugged, “A little rain is fine. This is… a bit much for my taste.” A dry day was exceedingly rare on Jabiim. She was fairly certain trying to make a living in such a setting would drive her over the edge.

Iris got to work with preparation, and Amani watched with bated breath as the meal came together. Once it was ready, an audible grumble from her stomach was the signal to begin, “Gladly.” She picked out a little bit of each ingredient, adding it to the broth and letting it simmer, “I don’t suppose this was part of your Jedi training?” Amani laughed, “During my time our meals usually weren’t this… well, appetizing.”

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I had spicy food once, and it kinda.. Stuck? Became an addiction. I asked my master about it, and she started showing me recipes. I found this one though. It's so.. It's kinda like painting a mural with other people. Everyone adds their own colors, own designs." She, with Amani Serys Amani Serys , pretty happily added her own food, letting it cook before spooning it into a bowl to start happily eating away.

"Food really is the best, though.."

"Well, there's worse addictions to have," Amani remarked, before digging in and confirming its merit. "I didn't learn anything about cooking from my training days. And home recipes were… limited."

She wolfed down a healthy portion of food, sheepishness only arising after the fact as she wiped at the corner of her lip, "That it is. I'm coming to you for dinner from now on." A joke only because of the logistical issues that would present.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Hmm.. You can, but I might not always be around. I have an apartment on Coruscant, you're welcome to come by. Might be better if I teach you though, so you can have Hotpot anywhere." Jokes? Iris rarely ever noticed a joke, especially when it was about something she could take literally. She pulled out another portion, humming happily as she took another bite. Ah, yeah. Delicious.

".. Hmm. What was home like?"

“That works, too.” She laughed off the misinterpreted joke. Iris's a better solution anyway.

Amani mulled over her past as she refilled her portion, “Hm. Tython. Quiet little farmstead, far from anywhere important. As far as food goes, we grew most of what we ate. Good, but like I said, limiting at times. And traditional Mirialan cuisine is similarly limiting.” The native world was after all a cold, dry desert. By definition, not a lot of tasty plants to be found.

“And you? What was home for you?”

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Warm." Iris lifted her head, staring up at the tarp above as the rain prattled along it. "That's all I can really remember. Warmth. Family? .. I've been trying to remember lately, but it's just.. Distant. I remember the colors and the warmth they brought, but that was it." Her gaze lowered to her food as she took another bite. A content smile on her lips. She didn't remember much, but it wasn't like she knew what she was missing. There was no sadness, no loss.

She was content.

"Will you come back to the Jedi?"

"Um-" Amani paused. The internal debate that had now started was evident by the look on her face. She finished off her food, using the break to continue mulling over the idea. At last she set down the bowl, but didn't seem any less uncertain when she finally responded,

"No… I don't know…I don't think so…" There was an apparent turnabout on giving a definitive answer, though she seemed intent on defending her initial refusal, "I mean, I can do good things without tying myself down…" Her jaw shifted, "It's just kind of a big commitment, y'know? Why do you ask?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"That's true. No one needs to be a Jedi to help." Iris nodded in agreement, drifting off to take another bite. Ah, food. She smiled a big ol' smile as the spice kicked in before starting to put more of the meat into the hotpot. Seconds, though that might not be enough for her. Then she blinked. Oh, right. Amani Serys Amani Serys 's question. She shrugged. "I think you'd make a good Jedi. And it'd be nice to have another friend at the temple. Everyone's been so busy or just.. Gone." The smile she had faded as she seemed to drift off in some past memory. Then she shook her head, forcing the memory away.

"Ah, I guess it's really just selfish, though. Heh."

"I was once," Not to toot her own horn, but she had always been the 'ideal student' in her Jedi days. In retrospect, perhaps a little too much of a goody-two-shoes about it as well.

"I know the feeling. It can be hard to get used to," It was easy to commiserate with Iris. Those last days of her Jedi career were filled with similar feelings. Times changed, people changed. For Iris's sake, hopefully history was not preparing to repeat itself exactly.

"Hey, it's not selfish to want some happiness." She assured her. Yet another concept Amani herself had to be convinced of. "I can't commit myself to something like Jedi-hood here and now, but I'd be happy to visit, if you really want me to," She smiled, "My schedule is pretty flexible, after all." The perks of a spacer lifestyle.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris nodded eagerly. Though paused half way through. "I'll probably be on Coruscant. I think. New Cov also has a temple. New? Mm. Was an old one from thousands of years ago that was rediscovered and rebuilt recently. So kinda new? I- Well, I guess it kinda doesn't matter. You can- Oh!" She dug around her waist, looking for one of the pockets. Then found it and pulled out a small holocom. One that she's supposed to wear on her wrist, but figured the rain wouldn't be good for it.

"We can message and I can tell you wherever I am!"

Amani nodded, and fished out a communicator of her own, one a bit outdated and well-used. She had neither the time nor the money to keep up with such trends. “Sounds perfect.” Amani would be happy to actually have a consistent contact herself. Getting to know people was a bit hard when your job involves traveling the entire galaxy.

“You did literally help bring my Force-sensitivity back. The least I can do is try and visit from time to time.” She laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom