Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappearing Double Spaces?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Double spaces disappearing?

• Short Description: I double space after a period. Now these double spaces are disappearing in my posts. However, they remain as double spaces when ever I use the EDIT button. The double spaces are visible upon posting completion until that page is reloaded. Then they disappear. It has been retroactively applied across all my accounts too. Even the untouched ones of 2014.
  • Browser: Firefox 38.0.5
  • Severity: All accounts
  • Description: n/a
  • Screenshots: this post
  • Link to Thread: n/a

It might be some auto-correct function of either Firefox or the WYSIWYG editor that the forum defaults to.

I noticed that you're able to single space fine, since the spaces after the colons in the list items are displaying properly. Does the text editor still munch them if you single space after a period? [member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Lucid said:
Does the text editor still munch them if you single space after a period?
I. don't. think. so. sh'maybe. it. does.

Let's. Try. This. Again. With. Double. Spacing.

Oh, well, I, suppose, commas, are, still, my, friends,

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sebastian Nadav said:
[member="Beowoof"]
That's really quite odd. It must be a clientside setting of some sort. How long ago did it start?
After the maintenance of the 17th. It is retroactive across all my accounts too. Posts of any date and time have been affected. :(

I noticed it affected even old posts and it didn't matter if I typed in directly or cut and pasted. The same effect - my double spaces disappeared...

It's affected Safari, Chrome and Firefox posts - and seems to be like the italic* problem. That too is fixed by going back to edit the post.

*if you use the code it sometimes omits the words. When you edit, the words are still there and saving changes makes them reappear

#isittheForceatwork?

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

I think that's just IPB being weird. It doesn't seem to mind single spaces (thank god) so for now just single space after a period until it feels like cooperating again?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Tefka"] [member="Tefka"] [member="Tefka"] [member="Tefka"]

Triple space, double space, single space. Doesn't mess with @mention. Interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom