Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diplomat's Form

Sochi was completely within her studies. Combat wasn't something she preferred but it was nevertheless inevitable. She didn't wanna lack in specific areas, especially in combat. She wanted to be at least proficient in most forms. Form IV was the one form she was practicing today, and actually one of her favorites. She sought out one of many masters who had mastered this form to train her. From constantly being within the archives, she had studied up enough on the style to know its history. Adding to what she had already been taught,

She sat in the Combat Center, in a room that she had reserved for this specific time. In the meantime she sat in meditation, while her lightsaber hilt floating slowly in a circle around her as if it was in a planets orbit. She awaited the arrival of the renown Jedi master @[member="Avy Valla"]

Slowly shutting the storybook; the younglings sighed and moaned as they were ushered from the room. A small smile on the Master's lips as she stood up and smoothed out her robes before she slightly leaned down and pat one youngling on the head. "It's your teaching time. If you're good, then I'll read you another story tomorrow." Avy smiled as she watched the younglings rush towards their lesson. She was the 'mother' of the Jedi Temple as it were, knowing what it was like to be frightened and new in the Temple. Her story times seemed to help some of the younglings come out of their shells as it were. Quietly placing the book back on the shelf that it had been drawn from, her attention was brought to a droid relaying a message that Jedi Knight @[member="Sochi Ru"] was seeking her help in learning Niman.

Smiling as she bowed her head and thanked the droid, she pulled the heavy coat of her robes over her shoulders before stepping from the room. Quietly making her way towards the combat center she was informed that the Jedi Knight was waiting in. A few bows to the other Jedi along her way, and another pat on a younglings head caused her to fall a bit behind in her way towards the center. Upon reaching the door; there was a slight rapping upon it before it opened. The Jedi Master stepping into the room quietly and watching.

Her attention was drawn to the Jedi Knight in the middle of the room. Watching the lightsaber hilt slowly orbit around the Jedi. Smiling and nodding slightly she walked towards a small chair off to the side. Allowing the heavier robes to slide off of her form as she placed them upon it before looking towards the Knight. Remaining silent; Avy watched the Knight and remained still, not wanting to interrupt her meditation as smoothed out the front of her robes for a moment.

Sochi could sense the arrival one another. That and she heard the door opened. She was hoping that it was Master Valla. She just couldn't wait to work with her. She slowly opened her eyes, and turned her head only slightly to so that she could see who it was that had entered. Seeing the silhouette of another whom had taken to sitting down, she turned her body along with her head this time. When she came around she had laid eyes on the one she hoped it would be. A subtle smile cut across her face.

Sochi stood up, and caught her lightsaber hilt in the process. She ran her hands along her robes, and long skirt. To straighten it out, and possibly get rid of any wrinkles that might have found a home there while she sat in meditation. She looked back up, and took a couple of steps towards the woman. Wanting to show respect she bowed before her. Sochi had her hands in front of her, near her waist, interlocked.

"Ahh Master Valla I'm so grateful you could join me. I hope it wasn't much trouble clearing your schedule to participate?" She said softly, yet professionally. Sochi always had a professional, calm, and patient demeanor. Although that was her personality, she spent lots of time making it second nature because to her, these were traits that made a Jedi.

@[member="Avy Valla"]

Avy looked up as she young Jedi bowed before she held her hand up. Her fingers covering her lips as she held in a giggle before standing up. Bringing her hands down together as she too moved through the motion of pressing out and wrinkles.

"It's quite alright. You don't need to bow to me."

Avy said with a smile in her usual motherly tone. Her hands helping push off the larger set of robes before setting them on the chair she had been seated in. Her other robes seemed just as bulky, though it was something that she had learned to live with. That and it was her desire to stay away from anything that seemed too form fitting or showed too much skin. Quietly taking a breath she looked to the Jedi Knight.

"I'm glad that I could help. This will make a good story for the younglings later tonight."

Another smile crossed her lips as she stepped towards the center of the chamber. Looking around as she glanced at the columns that held up the domed roof above them. It had been a while since she was last in a training room like this. It wasn't often that she was called upon to use her lightsaber. Looking back to the Knight she walked over to a small container. Passing her hand over it as it opened to reveal training lightsabers.

"I think these will do."

She spoke before pulling out the two training sabers. Walking back to the young Jedi Knight with a smile on her lips before handing her one.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi only smiled at the humbleness of the woman. It definitely made her feel like she was being received. That's a good feeling. The woman seemed to be no different from Sochi, except the fact that Sochi wasn't as conservative alley with her training regimes. She had taken to form fitting clothes, that revealed more than she was use to, but it was how her people dressed and she adopted that; at certain times.

Sochi had become quite familiar with these training rooms. All she did as a Padawan was train and train. Even now she's training, trying to learn as much as possible all the time. It was highly different from those she came to call friends, this was her definition of fun. She willing accepted the training blade given to her by the master, softly, and slowly taking it from the woman's hand, and holding it as if it were her own.

"These will certainly do Master. Now, I'm ready when you are." She said softly, before becoming stationary,

@[member="Avy Valla"]

Avy gave a smiling nod to the young Jedi, taking a moment to center herself before stepping to her position. With a fluid movement she activated the training saber, her delicate thumb barely pressing the button before it ignited in a soft glow. In a rather odd form of habit, she had taken up a low guard stance as usual of the niman style. Her blade held down and away from her body.

"Have you read up on Niman?"

Her voice seemed to have a motherly tone to it as it echoed slightly within the training center. Avy watching closely with her usual motherly smile on her lips. It wasn't often that she was asked to train another in the use of a lightsaber; so this was a new experience for her, one which she was wanting to take in and enjoy. For her a new experience meant a new memory, which she always enjoyed; even more so when they were happy ones.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi watched as the master ignited her lightsaber. Ru's head movements followed the sudden spring to life that was the lightsaber. She watched her take on the low guard stance, she had even it before, multiple times. The first being when she had a sparring match with her best friend Rasu, that seemed ages ago. She nodded to the woman's words, as she took a step closer.

"I in fact have Master Valla, I always take it upon myself to study up before hand." She said in her soft spoken tone of voice. It seemed as though the Master had motherly qualities about her. It was evident by her words earlier that the younglings had taken quite some interest in her. These traits were always something loved in someone.

This would prove very fruitful.
@[member="Avy Valla"]

"Then you understand that this is a form for those of use whom seek to meditate on the force and take out time in learning the art of diplomacy. It is not for the open battlefield; and its success hinges on your creativity and intuition."

Avy spoke in calm subdued tones as she remained in her guard stance. Her eyes focused on the Knight before her. It had been a while since Avy had even used the form, or had anyone whom had shown interest in learning it from her. After all; most of her time was spent in the Jedi Archives helping other Jedi find information or reading to the younglings between class or before it was time for them to rest. There were even days when she herself spent too much time in the Archives and had to be shooed out by the other Jedi.

Quietly she looked around the room to see what was there for her to use before nodding silently. Focusing she began to lift the chairs before she brought them closer to her. Looking at Sochi Ru before nodding.

"Shall we begin then?"

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

"Yes, I understand. This is why I've taken an interest in this form, seeing that I'm a consular myself. Also as an instructor I hope to be able to teach the future generations this form if they choose to devote themselves to it." She said responding to the Masters comments.

Sochi watched the Master telekinetically lift the chairs, maybe they were going to be useful in training within this form. Utilizing force based attacks were apart of this form in truth. It was already getting interesting, and she began to open her mind to instruction, and listen to the master. "I am ready Master Valla" she said calmly, and softly. Hopefully she could hear Sochi; she was known for her soft spoken voice.

@[member="Avy Valla"]

Nodding quietly, Avy remained in her opening stance, the chairs still slowly floating upon the air. Watching the Jedi Knight before her, Avy motioned subtly with her hand. The chair floating to the left of Sochi flew at her, an opening move on Avy's part. At the moment though it was more of an interest to see the Knight's action. Would she block it, attempt to push it back, or even just dodge it all together. Avy was if nothing, inquisitive and always looking for more knowledge, even at her current position.

Whilst the chair moved in its initial push forward, Avy had also relocated herself; though not by very much. She had taken a step forward and to the right. An instinctive move based on the possibility of the likely path the chair might take should it be pushed away or blocked. Her eyes remained on the Jedi Knight and her next move, quietly contemplating her own as well.

"It is admirable that you wish to train the next generation in the use of Niman. It is a form that many should learn. At a time like these we have enough warriors and few if any diplomats."

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi quickly brought her free hand up, minutes before the chair close in the distance completely. She used the force to manipulate it and slow it down. It stopped mid-air, though not far from herself. She was beating herself up mentally for not expanding her senses and sensing the impending threat. She threw her hand to the right, and it brought the chair along with it. It slid against the ground on Sochi's right side. She didn't want to launch it back at the master, instead she chose to remove it all together. Limiting the threats around her; hopefully.

She also came to notice later on that the master had relocated herself. One such move she almost overlooked. It was as if she moved across the room, but maybe her positioning had a purpose, some strategy to it. She would soon find out. Sochi began to think, how was she going to retaliate. Then she thought back to the chair that wa slain her at her. She decided she could in fact use that to her advantage. She quickly maneuvered her lightsaber, cutting the chair into pieces, she launched the three individual pieces at the master, one after the other.

@[member="Avy Valla"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom