Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diplomatic Mission: Return to Togoria

This was a first Faith was using her diplomatic status as Princess/Ambassador from Alderaan to return to Togoria and see first hand how the people of Togoria were doing under the "care' of the One Sith.

She had petitioned them and explained that she was returning on a mission of mercy that as a Representative of Alderaan it was rumored there were citizens of Alderaan trying to leave and being held. Of course after much bantering back and forth Faith finally convinced them that she needed to verify that there were no citizens and what did they have to loose.

She was able to secure passes for herself and [member="Caius Flavian"] she wondered though if the spin master for the one sith would be on Togoria she had never seen him in person, but she had a name. She imagined he had her name as well.

This would be interesting.

All military installations were off limits.

She could visit any hospital, and she could only go in the areas of the space port decreed safe. Just as much as she knew who their Intelligence Minister was they surely knew her as more than just the Ambassador of Alderaan.

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
I recall with a bit of remorse at the loss of Togoria.
I had been there myself during the battle as a spectator and in fact had to daringly risk going to the surface while the Republic Navy fought against the One Sith Navy and notorious Death Watch in order to rescue, the then Minister of Intelligence, [member="Faith Organa"].

It was not too long afterwards that I would return to Togoria disguised as a member of the Alderaanian Ambassador's entourage.
I was here for several reasons.
First was to see to the successful extradition of Alderaan Citizens. A purely political move as I had hoped to maintain good relations with all the neighbors in my ,absolution over their subjects the more knowledge of their actions the better served on a number of other fronts.
Lastly was to gather information on a particularly arcane subject that recently pointed me to here. This one was going to be a very unlikely find and I would at least inquire enough to later hire some bounty hunters to obtain the subject in question.

I sat in the trapping of an Alderaan nobleman onboard her higness's vessel as we entered the atmosphere of the world.
I was entirely uncomfortable.
Far to much flair for my tastes although in retrospect in comparision to an Onderon noblilite I looked plain.
Regardless it was a change of pace.
Out of the comfort zone so to speak.

I though of Ral Sanaka's words of respect to fighting spirit of the Togorian warrior and also the caveat he had stated of how if it were not for their primal nature they could have very well made a formidable fighting force given time.

I held my grey steel travel mug in my right hand while looking over some information of the world's society on my datapad in the other hand.
It was certainly going to be an interesting experience overall.

Faith was dressed in the flowing gown representative of Alderaan she could see [member="Caius Flavian"] sitting among the others, she nodded to Ana who went to each and asked them to move as Faith came in and sat down near Caius.

"You look like someone is punishing you Caius, have you determined from the data what might look out of place on Togoria in the few weeks since the Sith claimed it?" She knew for her there would be many things changed but she wanted her citizens back, and what she had to offer to get them back might be a high price. She was prepared for that.

"Do you have any questions?" She smiled hoping to put him at ease.

Caius Flavian

"I think our main concern will be just the Togorians themselves. Although we may be here under the auspices of your government, Alderaan was a Republic world not to recently so I think there shall be a lot of resentment and ambivalence of our presence. More so than the usual"

I thought back to when I had negotiated for a military liason of Colonel [member="Ral Sanaka"] to act as an advisor and trainer of republic equipment.
It had been a tedious process not one that I was accustomed to and since the Togorians were already quite suspicious of outsiders it was a tough sell.

"I think my only question is where are we to begin?" I asked look up at [member="Faith Organa"]

"First let's get on the ground and see who greets us, and then they will surely usher us off to some preset meeting hall, but we need to be able to move around and observe in areas that are not...prepared for visitors. I will be making my request for my citizens almost from the beginning, to keep them on track of why I said I wanted to come. They may assign a.....guide for us. But we must be the ones doing the guiding, and push the limits."

Faith shrunk slightly as she sat there, "Do you have any suggestions? I'm always open for them"

Her's usually ended with her running, away from someone trying to catch her.

"We will be staying in a hotel tonight and tomorrow perhaps that will give us opportunity to slip out and...observe" She grinned.

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Caius Flavian

I had to smile at her suggestion of clandestine behavior.

"Certainly. Although the difficulty with the Togorians is gaining their trust. They are quite suspicious of outsiders as is. Pushing boundaries will be a challenge but I trust there may be official means of pushing the limits. I think the primary suggestion I have is goodwill official visits and perhaps simply on the whim requests to pay tributes to the fallen at the various sites of tragedy outside of the capital city. This would be a good means of disguising our true intentions under the goodwill of your government and house."

Caross was unfortunately the only city that we would allowed to move around. Likely any Alderaanian refugees would only be receiving treatment there as well. My time spent as an intelligence agent in the Imperial Remnant had taught me that aside from the obvious assigned 'security' we would also have tails that would be watching us from afar. Knowing the Togorians these would be more than likely one of the females rather than a male.

I tried to recall the names of the various Lodgings in the city. There was Sawtooth Heights and the Honor Hall that I was familiar with although I had never been I just knew in my after action report from Colonel [member="Ral Sanaka"] on where he stayed while aiding in the modernization of the Togorian Military. Now that seemed like a wasted effort.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom