Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DION fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a material that is more resistant to Ion and EMP attacks
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: DION fiber
  • Manufacturer: Mirdirmorut
  • Homeworld (optional): N/A

• Production: Minor
  • Affiliation: Mirdirmorut, Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Material: Durasteel, copper
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances
    Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Low

• Kinetic: Low

• Lightsabers: Low

• Other: Ion/ EMP - High

[*]
Color: Blue

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • High Ion/EMP resistance due to
  • micronized copper conduction fibers
  • microcarbon powdercoat
Strengths:
  • High Ion and EMP resistance
Weaknesses:
  • Vulnerable to Kinetic Damage
  • Vulnerable to plasma based weapons
DESCRIPTION
Rex in taking ownership of Mirdirmorut, realised very quickly that they need a material to help there droids to be more resistance to Ion and EMP damage. Trying to do this Rex used Durasteel and added some micronized copper conduction fibers through the material to carry the energy to the microfibers on the skin. The copper conduction fibres carry the Ionised particles (Ion) or EMP from the site of impact across the entirety of the material allowing it to be dispersed to back to the air, this makes the material resistant to Ion attacks. The internal microfibers is coated in a microcarbon powdercoat to prevent the entire thing from being EMPed and to prevent the leak of Ion or Electrons. However in doing this he lost some of the resistances that the Durasteel originally had. Since then he has taken to calling it DION fiber, he hopes that it does exactly what he wants. He also coloured it blue to make sure they would know the material from other materials that they use for their droids.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hello [member="Rex Taff"] - thank you for your patience as I've reviewed your submission.

• What is Mirdirmorut? If it's a company/faction/entity, please hyperlink to it.
  • Can you please provide some explanation for how this protects against EMPs? With copper going through, it seems likely to conduct electricity to whatever is in contact with the material, which seems like the opposite of what you want to achieve. Granted, I'm not an electrician or a scientist, but neither are a lot of the other members, so if you can give anyone reading a clearer picture of how that works in the description?

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Thanks for trying to help me with this one [member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"]
This is my explanation for it as it acts almost the same as Stormtrooper_armor (Linked for you to see)
Quoted from that "The armor, and the body glove worn beneath, were designed to disperse the energy of a blaster bolt and insulate the wearer, lessening injury."
Except it is using copper to make it against Ion attacks instead as I said here
The copper conduction fibres carry the Ionised particles (Ion) or EMP from the site of impact across the entirety of the material allowing it to be dispersed to back to the air, this makes the material resistant to Ion attacks. The internal microfibers is coated in a microcarbon powdercoat to prevent the entire thing from being EMPed and to prevent the leak of Ion or Electrons.
I hope that clears things up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom