Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dino Charge Pt.3 (Alva Calvarona)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Alva Calvarona"]

The next stage had come for them now. A final stage for the contract but also a testing for something that might be able to serve a better purpose. Matsu was letting the testing area be cleared as the pistol held the paddle beamer as an underbarrel attachment and she was looking at the work they had been working on. She checked the power supply and she moved off towards the researcher who was testing it. Taking the lightsaber from her belt and standing in an area of the building a good distance. "We'll test it and hopefully it should work as we want. A way to bypass the blade of the saber and paralyze the target."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

A weapon that could pass through the blade of a lightsaber in order to stun the wielder behind it. To be truthful, Alva was less and less convinced about the viability of the modified blaster using the paddle beamer technology. After all, once it was used once the surprise was over if the enemy raised awareness of the device used against them. Then they would look into countering it, alerting their warriors to be on the lookout for anyone carrying the new weapon, and preparing advancements to their lightsabers in order to avoid the attacks altogether. Such would take a lot of work and time of course, if it was even possible, so the weapon Matsu had just designed would last a long time in relevancy if it did function the way it was meant to. "Just so long as it works as you say it will be a valuable tool for a decent time I hope."

Matsu looked at Alva and smiled. "Have a little trust. A leap even, the jedi have encountered these before and there are ways to counter it but I am getting ahead of myself." She looked at the researcher down range as it were and she actiavted a blade as Matsu took aim and squeezed the trigger. The beam coming out and as the lightsaber met the beam the beam was broken into two beams as it went around the saber blade. Impacting her researcher in the chest and throat before she was falling over and trying to move. Most of her bofy unable to except in involuntary twitches on her face. "It works by bending around the blade and will keep going. Now there are ways around thatbut when it impacts well. If you want to know how they got people for the tables to be enteched.... This is it. Like shutting down the entire body and making your limbs jelly."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Trust was too scarce and valuable a commodity to hand out to everyone, and it wasn't Matsu herself that Alva didn't explicitly trust. IT was merely society as a galactic whole that the crinan woman didn't have much faith in. Not to mention it was a good measure to be reserved about things rather than optimistic to a fault, that way if things didn't pan out you didn't feel crushed later. Nevertheless, the Imperial Captain watched as the test was carried out, mostly successful apart from how the poor researcher undoubtedly was going to be out of commission and certainly uncomfortable for the rest of the day. "It seems completely barbaric when you look at their practices as a whole, but at least the device can be put to better use by the enemies of the Sith than crazed homicidal bird people. Doing a live test with a human subject was risky you know, I don't agree with the idea. What if it had been lethal?"

Matsu agreed it was dangerous but she was standing there tinkering with it. "A calculated risk, these have not really been tested against droids if they will damage them. A headshot has managed to prove lethal in the past if you get it directly." She was looking at the pistol while she was moving over to the researcher who was out cold. Her body rigid and stiff but she was breathing and Matsu spoke. "And my researchers know I would never ask them to do something I wouldn't be willing to do myself. They just know I have more experience using blasters then them and am a better shot." She was watching it though while she set the blaster on a crate. "We'll try the next test with a calibrated lightsaber."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

At the mention of headshots from paddle beamers being fatal, Alva became much more interested in the technology. Not that its stun effects and ability to evade lightsabers was anything to snuff at, but add in a deadly factor on top of it all. The crinan woman now very much wanted this supposedly successful line of blaster the other woman was developing. After all, if it was used on a Sith who tried to defend with their lightsaber then the headshot would be lethal. If it worked on droids just as well as organics as well, then Alva was liable to equip as many soldiers as possible with the new weapons. "I would like to see if the weapons do work against droids. If they don't its fine, but if they do it would be nice to know. Its incredibly useful alone for its ability to bypass lightsabers and disrupt force users then."

Now she was getting into it and Matsu stood up as she this time helped the researcher up laying her down while they brought in a droid to test it and see. She was debating it but as the lightsaber was calibrated to match the beam she was looking it over before giving the saber to the droid to hold. A look while she was moving and holding the pistol though Matsu hefted it up as she spoke. "A lightsaber once it is calibrated cn deflect the beamer but..." She fired the shot at the saber which should have deflected it and the shot passed around it. Impacting the droid before she spoke. "It makes a lightsaber useless against standard blaster weapons." She fired the beamer and it reflected off the blade going into the wall nearby the droid before she jerked slightly to the left and there was smoke from the beamer overloading the cirsuits of the droid.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Alva watched, now very pleased with the direction of the experiments going on within the warehouse, as Matsu went on to explain how the weapon was supposed to work on lightsabers, specifically those calibrated against paddle beamers. Once the Silver Jedi fired the newly developed firearm at the droid wielding such a lightsaber though, rather than bending or deflecting as expected, it behaved in the same manner as the shot fired at a normal lightsaber, splitting around the weapon and impacting the droid. A second shot from the paddle beamer behaved as normal, but by the the droid was motionless scrap overloaded as if it was hit from an ion blast. "I see, this makes a lot of sense. By mixing the paddle beamer technology with that of a blaster, you are able to obtain qualities of both. As such, since it is like a blaster the special calibrations mean nothing to it, and normal lightsabers already can't defend against it. The weapon also contains the paddle beamer's effect to damage droids. it can't kill organics though without a clean shot to the head, in all other cases it merely stuns them. . . . . . the weapon is more impressive than first believed."

Matsu was looking at her now and the princess was getting it as the jedi master held the pistol. She slid the attachment off with small smirk. "Yes but having both you have the advantage in stunning or it can be lethal if need be. The jedi do not kill but sometimes there isn't a third option between killing and letting get away where you can still win." Matsu was setting the part in the machine while their researchers were looking it over and she spoke. "We can start machining more parts to make them if you are interested. The ranger's are going to want to use them in the prison to stun the prisoners as needed but you have helped and are going to be the ones we work with here on the edge of the unknown region."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Alva wondered just a little bit if Ikki had told her dear cousin anything, because it seemed as if Matsu was under the illusion she or anyone in the Empire had any qualms about using the weapon for killing. They were not Jedi and they did not bind themselves to their code, any third option to preserve an enemy like the Sith was wasted on them. Nonetheless, she smiled to the other woman. After all, this was a huge help for the Imperials to have a weapon like this available, possibly only enough to arm the Storm Commandos or other elite units in small quantities, but still a valuable tool all the same. "I don't think we have the same problem using the weapon to kill our enemies, but I respect others decision to do so. I believe the Empire is definitely interested in acquiring some of this model for use by Imperial Intelligence and the Storm Commandos. Just tell me where to sign if we need any written arrangement."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom