Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dino Charge Pt.2 (Alva Calvarona)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
The machine shop being set up was easier as Matsu sat in there, crate of some of their supplies and gear being setup before she was looking at the paddle beamer. Holoemitters being set up as she slowly started using and workign to advance the astrometric holosuits here on the ground. The holograms they would be able to work with for equipment and the warehouse doors leading in were open as in the back some sleds with scraps were coming. The operation being shown to some of the ru while Matsu spoke. "This will be the easier part somewhat, we can press it and using the holosuites we created we'll be able to display the equipment we are making for testing purposes."

[member="Alva Calvarona"]

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Alva merely nodded as she followed, the inside of the warehouse they were setting up a bit more complete than she had expected. It already appeared like the operation was well underway despite the pre-fabricated buildings only just being finished a short while ago. Salvage, scrap, and debris was already being collected and in crates and piles with technology examining everything in short order. "I see you're quite eager to get at things. I applaud your people's dedication to your projects, though I expect this isn't the first such operation you've put together. At this point your employees are experts aren't they." Smiling at the well preparedness of the work going on more than anything else, Alva turned back to her maid's cousin as the woman went on to explain how their work was much easier inside with the devices they had on hand. "So really you just need to collect the salvage and put things through your machines here and you can effectively reproduce whatever you have the components for then?"

Matsu looked at her. "We have been doing several of these, the operations is easier then dragging ships back and forth full of scrap. You should see the warehouse we have built on Raxus, we've been able to have a gold mine and process a great deal. Cannibalizing some of the older reactors to build functioning ones that could be sold and traded off. They've been getting better each time at it as well." Matsu was moving and took the paddle beamer as she set it down and started getting it scanned. The holoemitters around the room not on yet but they were hooked up while she started opening it up and looking over the insides of it. "Looks like the main part of the weapon is the cylinder and the full paddle is built for their grips." This was giving her some ideas while Matsu was searching for a tool kit to work on it.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

That was sensible, Alva would agree that Raxus Prime was a pivotal location for anyone looking to enact a salvage operation. After all, the entire planet was covered in junk itself. One big junkyard full of scrap and parts just waiting to be used and for more people to dump things there. It was interesting that it had ended up in the straits it was. Becoming a continuously used junkyard, one would think salvagers would have picked it clean over time, but more and more was just added. "You almost wonder how the planet became a junkyard instead of becoming a center of commerce. With all the junk thrown there and all the salvage ops people make that way, you'd think they would have just set up a marketplace where the junk is sold as its brought and people would make use of it. Practically a waste of a planet nowadays. . . ."

Seeing Matsu's attention riveted on the Paddle Beamer, Alva stepped around to watch as the other woman started remarking upon its appearance. "It is a bit ill fitted for a human to wield."

Matsu was in agreement with her on that, the way Raxus had ended up was surprising compared to many things. People used it for junk and buried deep under it was history but she imagined people went there for what they needed instead of just taking everything. "I imagine Raxus was at one point being cleaned but the efforts abandoned. Now it is toxic and covered in some places to the point where you could almost make a home under the junk. We're trying to keep efforts concentrated on it now." She was also fiddling with it and found a tubing that could match the size of the beamer while she was removing it from the casing. A little tape and it was on the side of the gun while she was looking at the parts closely. "Not made for us but with some work..." She had a smirk on her face while making mental notes. "Once we have the machines hooked up and power we can start machining them to try it out."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The crinan woman could only sigh as she listened to Matsu agree with her in regards to Raxus Prime's dismal fate, somewhat defeating the purpose of a planet that could be a thriving homeworld to some and an incredible marketplace considering the alternative people have done with all the junk. Perhaps someone someday would be able to salvage the planet itself and save it from the ruin it had become. "It makes you wonder about some things. There hasn't truly seemed to be any point in history when a damaged world has been able to be restored to what it once was. Leaves one disillusioned about whether anyone is doing it right." Ending her philosophical ponderance there, Alva turned her attention to where Ikki's cousin was able actually able to salvage something useful in there here and now. "I sometimes wonder if its a good thing to incorporate what works from other places. In some ways it makes people unique to have their own strengths and flaws. If we cover them all someday what will that leave I wonder."

"Unity." Matsu said it quickly but then looked at her. "From what I have seen and this is what makes many people in the galaxy great is their flaws, their differences but it is also what makes them fight. Makes them disagree, some seek to unify them through force like the sith where all serve underheel but that is not a good way to go about. However one of the biggest ways to keep a people but unite them is credits, is working to get them to trade and share over hording and digging their heels in that this is their side and this is your side. "Matsu continued to work on it and none of the parts were made but she was able to change the power cell hooking it into the weapons. "You just got to lok for the things that make us the same instead of trying to force it."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Sometimes a controlling hand wasn't a harsh one though. Alva knew quite well the history of her homeworld at least, and it had been built on a tight reign of control with the goal of making everyone content. No one was worked harder or discriminated more than the next, and while there was a hierarchy Alva didn't believe there had been much abuse of the system as a result of the watchful gaze of the Practitioners and Royal Army. It had been mostly peaceful until someone wanted more, and someone always had to have more it seemed no matter where one went. In all truth, Alva despised the system that allowed corruption, but more than anything she hated the Sith who were merely out for themselves and took more than anyone else, especially when they didn't need to take. "Sometimes that's hard between people on two different worlds, but it can be very easy and lead to wonderful things on one at least. I agree that the Sith in all ways have everything wrong about this."

Matsu looked at her while they had the final parts and some more were machined. The first parts for an actual attachment along the underbarrel of the pistol. She hefted it slowly while looking it over and the original she tested firing off with it for a moment. The beam impacting the wall and dispersing as she took it and then the second one they had machined. The machines around hooked up and Matsu was looking at the holoemitters as they were finally working to display designs and images. The paddle beams configuration and setup within the pistol. "When it comes to the sith there is sadly few ways to deal with them. They don't want to bargain, they don't want peace. They want everyone crushed which is bad because they are something that is needed to maintain the balance. The galaxy has seen what happens when the light gets to strong they become arrogant and uncaring."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Looking on as Matsu tested the new weapon that had been put together by the various machines, Alva watched silently as the other woman fired the creation at the wall where it quickly impacted the side of the building before dispersing. From there her maid's cousin seemed to be collecting the finished products to move them out for further testing, all the while continuing their conversation on the SIth. "To be honest looking back at history I will take that over any time the SIth are in existence. They are much more destructive and cruel than any other group there has ever been. Jedi aren't too great either, but they aren't too bad as well. I'd rather see another Pius Dea period or wars between the Republic and Mandalorians than to witness the Sith thrive in the galaxy."

Matsu looked at her as she held a look in her eye and the Pius Dea were someone that well... not many knew about. She had worked a whole expedition and found one of the cathedral ships on a planet in the well. Now she was looking at this and moving about while she spoke to one of the girls there. "I will work with you and we'll test this out, get one of the saber while she was moving with a small grin on her face. "I see why my cousin enjoys working for you. She might not be considered the strongest by some but she has skills and knows a good person when she sees it. Now come you can shoot at one of the testers."

continued in part 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom