Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner For Two

Time: 17:49 Local
POV: Maxamillian Erwin Rausgeber
Dinner Companion: [member="Coren Starchaser"]

The halfling starred at the meagre bowl, and his helping of some kind of stew. He however, looked over at his dinner companion. Starchaser. The Jedi around the camp revered him, or at the very least followed his instruction. From their decided dining room, the cockpit of one of the Praxeum's freighters, the child and his host had sat in silence. There had been the usual yammering, about how Maxamillian's clothes fit, whether he enjoyed the foot, etcetera. But nothing with depth, or bite.

Maxamillian's warm red eyes watched Starchaser, as he slid slurped another hot mouthful, "Why are you a Jedi?" The child asked, quirking an eyebrow, "Why not a Sith, or mercenary?"

Working with the Praxeum was adding a few different layers to Coren. The man was a leader, but a leader on the battlefield. Sometimes, very rarely, it extended away from the field, like his mission to bring the Jedi together. But this was something else. He needed to make sure his name and face were out there so that when he said something, people listened. And the students weren’t all so bad, but he still needed to make sure he was able to offer them help. With that, the territory brought him to helping out people who came to the camp.

First Order or not, they were on this world, it was something special, but even then, Coren knew he was behind enemy lines. The question though that shocked him more than the Jedi children and the fact he was so far from safety.

“A Jedi? I… well, I was raised as one. And ended up seeing a bit too much of the galaxy. I have seen the darkness, and its something that I cannot exist in.” He looked at the kid.

“Pretty deep question.”

[member="Robogeber"]

The child listened intrigued to the answer, but when the Jedi address him, he waved away the question, before taking a sip of his glass of blue milk, "Think nothing of it Master Starchaser." The child reassured in a rather austere voice, "I just..." He paused, and looked out at the darkening sky, watching as the sun descended into the distance, "I don't believe I'll ever have this chance again." He mused, his voice rather quiet now, before turning his body toward Starchaser, "To speak with a Jedi, or at the very least see one, alive."

"Father says he's never met one." he added, with a small smile pursing his youthful features, "So I at the very least have that over him." Maxamillian allowed himself a chuckle. "But, if this line of questioning is too much, feel free to ask one of your own."

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

The fact that he was thinking this time, and not fighting, it put Coren on a different side of the fence. The man was a pilot, an explorer, in a better life. But in this war torn galaxy? “There are more Jedi than the ones you see on the battlefield, hear about in the news released by the First Order.” He was going to finish that with a ‘kid’ but opted away from it. “Many are doctors, healers, explorers. People who will aid anyone who comes to them, anyone who isn’t making it their mission to snuff out freedom.”

And even then, that wasn’t a cold and fast rule.

“Its never too much. Besides, its good for you to learn. The Force, it lives and breathes. And sometimes the governments of the galaxy, well, nearly all times, take a side. And it feeds into the conflict.” He took a bite and watched the child.

“What is it you dream of doing?”

[member="Robogeber"]

The child gazed at Starchaser, his eyes curious as he listened to him. There was something of an expression of contempt, or at the very least, cynicism about the Jedi's claims regarding Jedi and the force. However, the child, perhaps out of courtesy, or maybe an understanding out of who carried a lightsaber, did not say a word. He instead sat silently, and watched, slowly lapping up the remainder of his soup, as the Jedi extrapolated and explained his personal philosophy.

The child offered a chuckle in response. "I intend to follow Father's footsteps and serve the nation, and like you, serve the people's of the galaxy." Maxamillian began, his chest puffing out, and his jaw clenched, almost like a regimental soldier on parade. "But where, is still up for debate." He continued. , "Part of me wishes to join the Starfighter Corps, or the Stormtroopers." he confessed, "But Father, well, he disagrees." Maxamillian gave a small smile, one which held a little sadness to it. "He wants me to be like Mother, and himself," he continued, a forlorn look befalling his youthful features. "And become an Admiral, and officer within the Navy." He then chuckled, "But, I'm not sure, if I want to follow him," he added, "I'd be trapped, beneath his shadow."

Taking a sip of his milk, Maxamillian eased into his seat, partially deflated, partially relieved the confession had been said aloud.

That was something that Starchaser understood. Answers always seemed like the right ones when you got behind a specific set of them. A Jedi could say one thing, and that set of answers would work for the Jedi, and put him square to someone who said another set of answers, but were as equally convinced that their answers were right, but someone who was removed from either, reading their thoughts and focus? They both were, in what they thought, correct.

Sometimes he thought about that, but it didn’t make that much of a difference. The Jedi knew what answers worked for him, and how he best saw the galaxy.

“It is important to stand for something, of course. And that, I think, is what makes the galaxy go around. Everyone has their state, their nation to support.” He tipped his head and offered a shrug. He himself, was a patriot of the Galactic Alliance. But as the child debated his roll, Coren grinned.

“For my money? Starfighter Corp is the way to go. More excitement than the Navy. I’ve served aboard the larger vessels, you’re a cog in the wheel, and while important… It doesn’t feel as individual. And yes, as you say. You don’t want to live under the shadow.” His own children didn’t want to do that either, but the Starchasers had a singular unifying gift for piloting.

Couldn’t fight your skills.

[member="Robogeber"]

"I suppose you're right." Maxamillian conceded, somewhat happy with the decision, "Still," The child glumly continued, "It sometimes feels, I'll never live up to him." he paused, lips pursed in a mixture of bitterness and glowering anger. "He's a Grand Admiral, Master Starchaser, a man, whose victories number in the dozens, and his achievements countless." He added, before scooping another clump of meat from his soup. "But, at least you have faith in me," He added softly, before putting his bowl delicately on the dashboard.

"The meal was quite nice," The child informed him, "Credit to whomever the chef was, however," He licked his lips, "Would you mind if I got some more in the moment?" Rausgeber inquired, "It was rather, rustic, much like grandmothers stew." He complimented.

He nodded slightly to the child. He understood the concern. His own children had a lot to live up to, but Coren knew that the path he took, the solitary path of a possible Sword of the Jedi. He walked a path that was very specific and brought him to a very specific end. He knew the Force had a certain path for him, and it didn’t mean for others to follow.

“Someone always has faith in others, even if we don’t sit on the same side of any conflict, this … world.” He looked around, to Zonoma around them. “It kind of takes the war and makes it almost like its happening elsewhere. Though, people to people? Its different than when you bring in the Force.”

He was a Jedi.

“Oh. Help yourself! Please! What world are you from? Within the Order or elsewhere?”

[member="Robogeber"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom