Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dinner and Diatribes

There it was. The underlying promise Ayra had walked into the room with. Even with Cain’s relative apathy towards her own circumstances, It was admittedly one hell of a bargaining chip.

Which meant whatever Ayra planned to ask for in return would be no small favor.

Cain, as she often did, simply stared a moment with an unreasonable expression.

“What do you want from me.”

Alicia Drey Alicia Drey

Tags: Cain Sevu Cain Sevu

Ayra pouted her lips in thought as she considered who would need to be killed. There were, of course, the Jedi that would need to be dealt with. If her relationship with the Mecetti came to their knowledge then having a trained killer on her side would be useful. Although powerful in the Force Ayra was more than aware that she inhabited the ethereal realm, and as a consequence of that she could not be in two places at once. There was always going to be somewhere else that she needed to be, and therefore in those times having someone ready and able to do what was necessary would be a useful option.

The network of spies, informants and wealth that Ayra was set to build up would also always have room for killers, and there was no doubt in her mind that Cain was capable. She had seen it first hand on Lianna.

"I am building an organisation,"
Ayra began, carefully choosing her words as she explained. "My network has room for a killer such as yourself. If you agree to come and work for me I will free you from this prison."

Cain's eyes thinned, as if gauging whether or not this was a trap.

All that stood before her was a nauseatingly cryptic woman with a modest proposal. The white uniform meant nothing, the stench of the darkside meant nothing. Cain only recognized power. And how, in this room, she was the only one noticeably lacking it.

"How do I know I'm not just trading out one pair of chains for another?"

At the end of one of those chains awaited certain death, and while Ayra had never explicitly promised her freedom, she had given Cain an avenue that didn't involve a chopping block. Besides, was murder for hire that much of a departure from her life now? At least with Ayra she'd more likely than not have a place to sleep that wasn't some dingy alley.

Cain failed to question anything about Ayra or her brain-child organization. Frankly she didn't care. She'd always lived at the bottom of the heap, forgotten by the system, and fighting for scraps. Why shouldn't she take the hand of the first person to promise her a whiff of anything else? It didn't particularly matter who she was killing for, so long as she was fed.

"Who do you want dead so badly?"

Alicia Drey Alicia Drey

Tags: Cain Sevu Cain Sevu

"Does it matter?" Ayra turned to walk around Cain back to the table in the centre of the room, and took to sitting on the ledge. Lifting a hand to unfasten the clip at her neck Ayra unzipped the white coat to reveal the black vest she was wearing underneath. More comfortable, and relaxed, Ayra folded both arms across her chest and said: "I saw what you did on Lianna. Senseless killing. At first I thought you were a psychopath. I have a lot of time for people like that. A person who has the ability to kill is someone who is very different from the weaklings that you pass by every day in Lianna City. With enough focused aggression you can achieve a great many things."

"Let me help you here, Cain. Perspective is very important, and there is nothing complicated about any of this. I am a bad person. The worse person you will ever meet in your entire life. I also happen to be the only way you are going to get out of here alive. Aside from all of that you are not a good person neither, and I like that. That's more than fine by me. So, the questions here aren't who, what or why. It's about when, and how much? When do you want to get out of here, and how much do you want?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom