Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinah Vekarr

DINAH AERENA VEKARR

XbEToFS.jpg

NAME: My name is Dinah Aerena Vekarr. My mother wanted something beautiful, and my father was adamant on naming me after his mother.

PRONUNCIATION: Die-Nuh Veck-ar.

FACTION: While my cousin Katria seemed to have been rather fond of the Confederacy, I am often comfortable keeping to myself. We Vekarr's do better together but I don't handle that kind of heat well.

RANK: While I don't have a traditional rank, my master Nyla as a Rogue Master of the Jedi Order trained me since the day I displayed Force Potential. While my training would qualify me as a master, my unorthodox and non-traditional training inclines me to practice restraint.

SPECIES: Unlike my cousin I don't have any special genetics. I am simply human.

AGE: I am three months younger than my cousin Katria, which makes me twenty six.

SEX: I am female and I am loosely heterosexual; complicated at best.

HEIGHT: Standing at five feet six inches, I envy Katria's Epicanthix genes.

WEIGHT: I weigh in at one hundred and thirty two pounds, with that I'm on the slender side.

EYES: My eyes are a vivid blue, a trait I get from my father.

HAIR: I have long, below shoulder length brown hair with natural highlights that fluctuate with the lighting of an environment.

SKIN: I have very pale skin with a fair complexion. While I would like to tan my skin a bit, I think I'd prefer to avoid the planets necessary to do so.

FORCE SENSITIVE: I am highly so, and my mother was proud when it was discovered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS:
Agile:
While my cousin likes to keep her distance and stay as far from combat as possible, I find I have to be quick on my feet. Due to this I find my speed is better than most I've encountered, whether it be with a blaster, a lightsaber or even simple bodily maneuvers.

Meticulous: I pay close attention to fine details. I like to keep things in an orderly fashion because it keeps me out of the way of hairy situations. The more easily I can peer through the fine print of a situation, the more easily I can slip through the cracks and slip myself out.

WEAKNESSES:
No-Nonsense:
While this makes me more mature in many ways, it often comes down to a complex clashing debilitation in that I find it difficult to be casual or flirtatious when it would otherwise provide me with a better opportunity. I like to get to business rather than beat around the bush.

Force Reliant: While I am perfectly capable of applying my skills and talents as a smuggler and combatant, I find myself reliant on my ability to use the Force. Often times I find myself using the Force to augment an application of an ability or manipulation of a situation rather than relying on my own natural capability or the situation's organic evolution.

APPEARANCE:
While I stated above that I stand at five feet six inches, weigh one hundred and thirty two pounds and that I have long brown hair I have a minimal amount of distinguishing marks or traits to my body. It's my fashion, however, that stands out in contrast to my chosen career.

I prefer to wear clothes with more dignity, contrast from those of my cousins they would be much more modest sporting long sleeves and less revealed skin. While she would argue that this makes me much less exciting I would argue that it makes me more professional and distinct.

While there is a part of me that wishes I could dress more provocatively, I am more than comfortable with the clothing I have chosen for myself. I am confident in myself and how I carry myself, I don't have to prove myself to any of you.

Though if I was to disclose something significantly troublesome of my physical outward appearance it is that I have an array of scars and bruising on my body from my time as a practiced smuggler. Not even my training was able to prepare me for everything that the galaxy had to offer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fkExrwd.jpg

BIOGRAPHY:
From an early age I knew I was from a special family. My grandfather was the son of a legendary mid rim smuggler and my mother was a talented Force Sensitive navigator. My life, however, begins when my mother met my father Jan on a routine smuggling trip from the Coruscant to Nar Shaddaa. I don't know what brought them together, or even why my mother was content to marry such a tough non-Force man, but I within months of their marriage I was conceived; and years later born.

My youth was a fairly complicated one, if you could call it a childhood, riddled with gun fights, explosions and general mayhem. For the first few months of my life I can safely, and ironically, say that my life was constantly in danger. It was during this time that my father suffered the injury that would bring him to a constant state of near death; my mother was never the same after that. As such, it was fairly quickly that I was passed along to the woman I would come to know as my teacher.

I didn't know in my youth what the significance of my place as Nyla Sallaros' apprentice, but as time passed it soon became quite apparent that my new teacher had once taught my mother same as me. However, unlike my mother, it was conveyed to me early on that my sensitivity to the Force being discovered not long after I was born had put me at a significant advantage over my mother and her very minor grasp of the nature of the Force. It made much less sense back then.

Needless to say, for a time, things went fairly well for a student learning from a rogue Jedi Master. She didn't like being referred to as such and often came to consider herself a drifter or a mystic. Her knowledge and skill were apparent, but she rarely discussed the origins of that experience in detail. Only when she was instructing me in the ways of the Force and it's applications did she fully delve into why she had left the Jedi Order and why she was so adamant against rejoining it after so many years.

My training was difficult at first, what with my grandfather constantly intervening with his own idea of how I should apply my talents, and for quite some time Nyla spent her days trying to segue me away from the use of a blaster. Ultimately it was a failed use of her energy as she resorted to teaching me the practical applications of the Force and lightsaber combat in tandem with my growing talent with my grandfather's DL-44 blaster pistol. While it wasn't efficient, it was flashy.

My first challenge came in the form of a skirmish between the Vekarr crew and an individual who claimed to be working for a very particular employer. It wasn't much of a fight, but it was one that showed me that even the applications of the Force were not enough to subdue a foe. My training with practical applications of telekinesis and emotions were no match for the wit and resilience of the man sent after us by this mystery employer. This was also the same day I discovered the brilliance of a lightsaber first hand.

During the years following I continued to focus on my training, despite Nyla's advancing age, taking my attention from skill to skill until I could fully realize where my talents lay. I hardly believe that my skills came to match hers, let alone any others, but I could say for certain that my future as a Force touched smuggler were promising. Something that became quickly pertinent when my grandfather and his brother disappeared into the empty reaches of space.

Leaving the search for my grandfather and her own grandfather to Katria, I took to the depths of the core and studied everything on the Force I possibly could under the guidance of Nyla. A difficult task balancing the study of the Force, the nature of the galaxy and the practice of lightsaber combat in the same motion I strove to prove that a scoundrel could also become proficient in the ways of the Force; and contribute to their trade in a way that stood as productive.

Years have passed since then, I have returned from my exploration of the various planets about the galaxy and time has taught me control in a way I still find challenging to grasp. Even still, in light of my mother and master's disappearance, I am determined to take on the stead of my master and shape the galaxy from the pilots chair of a smuggling freighter. Some have said it will be impossible, others have sworn to make it challenging but if I have learned anything from the training my teacher put me through there is little I am unwilling to do to prove that I am as capable of taming the Force and the galaxy as any other.

My weapons and skills may be different from yours but I'm a Vekarr.

And Vekarr's get the job done.

SHIP & EQUIPMENT:
A top grade smuggling modified YT transport freighter with revolving identification protocols.

Dinah carries a modified DL-44 blaster pistol that belonged to her grandfather Shaden Vekarr as well as two silver single-bladed lightsabers. While they feel impractical to her, she also has a liking of thermal detonators.

KILLS:
None.

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
None.

Verobee.gif

ROLE-PLAYS:
To come...

Last edited:
Force Powers & Lightsaber Forms
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
KEY: Padawan; Knight; Master; Expert

Control Force Powers:
Force Speed IIIIIIIIII
Force Stealth IIIIII
Force Valor I
Force Body IIII
Tapas IIII

Sense Force Powers:
Force Sense IIIIIIIIII
Force Sight IIII
Telepathy IIII
- Comprehend Speech IIII

Alteration Force Powers:
Alter Damage IIII
Droid Disable IIIII
Force Confusion IIIIIIIIII
Force-flash IIIIII
Force Jump IIIIII
Force Lightning III
Force Persuasion IIIIIIIIII
Force Push/Pull IIIIII
Force Weapon I
Force Stun IIIIII
Force Slow IIIII
Force Repulse IIIII
Force Grip IIIIIII
Malacia IIIIII
Mechu-deru IIII
Mind Trick IIIIIIIIII
Telekinesis IIIIIII

Lightsaber Forms:
Shii-Cho III
Makashi I
Soresu III
Ataru II
Djem-so/Shien I
Niman IIII
Juyo/Vapaad* IIIIII

Extra Lightsaber Forms/Techniques:
Jar'Kai IIIII
Trakata I

*Practices Vapaad with a basic practical knowledge of it's mental application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom