Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Different types of "glass"?

Isinglass isn't glass, it's a fining agent for beer and wine.

It’s also an archaic term for mica that was used in place of window glass.

I'm actually looking for something for starship construction, like the three I mentioned. I just am not sure what the difference is. All three are really strong like metal, but not much else is explained in the wookieepedias I read.

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher I suspect you won't find much if anything that directly compares them.

Given the sheer breadth of the Star Wars universe (and how many different hundreds of authors have been involved in creating the official stuff over four decades), I would guess that most stuff was created haphazardly without coordination with other authors. Even when discussing the same item (like a particular ship), there are known inconsistencies between different authors.

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher I suspect you won't find much if anything that directly compares them.

Given the sheer breadth of the Star Wars universe (and how many different hundreds of authors have been involved in creating the official stuff over four decades), I would guess that most stuff was created haphazardly without coordination with other authors. Even when discussing the same item (like a particular ship), there are known inconsistencies between different authors.
True. Worth asking though, just in case.

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher there's definitely some stuff like that that is more well-defined in comparison terms, especially when it comes to actual equipment like starship weapons or personal armors - any sort of thing that would be in an actual game with statistics (like the old WEG or newer FFG games or video games).

But there's just some things that are just so esoteric like this that only really, really hardcore Star Wars fans would attempt to document.

Corvus Spire

Novean Technologies CEO
I cannot comment as to which is better in terms of strengths. What I will say is glass is very interesting material wise.

For example, Glassfiber is strong enough to compare to Carbonfibre materials and often be favoured for its flexibility. So I can only assume in Star Wars what you're looking at is different levels of refinement and quality in the material.

But I would suggest taking existing glass-like material and reinforcing it with something like Graphene. Or just making a Graphene layered window.

Why Graphene?

Well put simply, it has everything you want for a window. Flexible, Extremely Strong, Light, Transparent, and High Heat resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom