Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different Jobs

Ra had been informed the Archlord was going to be attending a charity event for the refugees of the towns effected by the battles recently of Sorenno. While she wasn't in charge of his personal security, she was of intelligence. She got reports daily on various happenings through the realm and was usually able to deal with them before they became a problem.

While perusing through the various reports she received from her agents, there was one that caught her eye as something serious. This one was different and it would potentially effect Adron himself. If what the report said was accurate and so far most of them had been, there would be an assassination attempt on him at this event.

Knowing who was in charge of his personal security was another matter. They had successfully avoided one another since Ra had revealed what she was on Serenno. Their meeting had not ended on a good note that day.

Being a businesswoman though, Ra could set aside personal feelings to deal with business. Would Anya be able to do the same?

Sending a message to Anya to join her in her office, Ra now waited for the woman to appear for the meeting and debriefing.

[member="Anya Loma"]

@Ra'a'mah

Personal security work was usually straight forward, you identified a threat coming and protected your VIP...occasionally the work for dirty qhen people got violent but one would usually hope it didn't come to such

Being in charge of the senatorial guards meant anya was often assigning guards to travel with senators or traveling herself, most information she got was off hand or was on site checking the entfave every hiding area one could go...serious work in her part that mean having little to no errors

She had gotten word adron was to attend a charity event, simple work for her however intelligence had contacted her...ra...the name gave a sour taste to her mouth a little, their meeting hadn't been the best...however anya needed to set aside stuff for business

And so she opened the door and gave a short salute before speaking

you called for me

Ra was sitting behind her desk looking over the report she was going to present to Anya when she appeared. Standing up when the woman entered and returning the salute, Ra motioned to the chair in front of her. She sat back down after giving the salute.

"Miss Loma, please have a seat. Would you care for something to drink?"

She wouldn't have any alcohol in her office, but instead water, tea or caffe. If Anya said yes, she would have the drinks brought in by one of the people in her office outside.

"I have received some troubling news that will be of great interest to you."

Placing the datapad on the desk in front of her, she pointed at.

"What information I have is in this report. However, I felt the need to deliver the news to you instead of keeping you in the dark. Our Archlord is in danger."

[member="Anya Loma"]

@Ra'a'mah

She sat down as she adjusted herself before she was comfortable and let a sigh out as she nodded

yes please thatvwould be very kind

She listened to her as she gave a frown, troubling news from the intelligence sector was never ever a good thing. She looked over the data pad reading it as her drown only further as she sat it down and looked back up to ra

this is definitly troubling, if this looks correct which I have no doubt it is, another count planning this....how do you suggest we go about this

Ra asked which Anya wanted to drink and pressed a button requesting it to be brought in to them. The lackey on the other end took the request and within a few minutes arrived with their drinks.

There was silence while they waited and Anya looked over the information Ra had provided for her. The look on Anya's face was grim as she finished and set the datapad back on the desk.

Picking up the drink, Ra took a sip as she considered her answer.

"Well, I could arrange to have this count assassinated, but feel that would have large repercussions that we may difficulties dealing with. Among your duties, you provide personal security for Adron along with the senators. May I suggest that at this time, the attempt is going to be made at that event and not before. It's going to be done in front of the population where it can be seen and noticed. Proceed like we have no knowledge of what's going on, but either have more armed guards present or my assassins in the shadows."

Her tone was not friendly, but pure business. Not impolite in any way nor giving any indication of her personal feelings for Anya.

[member="Anya Loma"]

@Ra'a'mah

Anya had ordered A cafe, she felt she was gonna need it as she seemed to look off in the distance a bit. When the cafe arrived she took a sip and sighed as she rubbed her forehead listening to what ra had to say...her anger cpuld be felt but wasn't direct about her...it seemed the fact someone wanted to harm adron was making her so

more of your assassins would be the best, if we are making it look like we have no knowledge of it then a simple amount of guards will give no indication of anything

She said and rubbed her chin as she thought over everything before nodding

do we have a layout of the place, if like to know every inch of it so my men can be aware of where to look....ill trust you to cover blind spots

She was being respectful and collected, hiebstly she felt a little bad about the blow up but wouldn't admit it

As Ra spoke, she felt some anger rise in Anya, but it wasn't directed at her and she felt it was more at the situation than anything else. While Ra could certainly understand the feeling, it lead to her learn something else about the young woman she worked with. It seemed she had become attached to the Archlord as something more than just a personal guard. She highly doubted this much anger would be cause if it was just a senator.

Ra nodded as Anya spoke and was glad she saw fit to allow the use of the assassins over the more traditional guards. She then asked if there were blueprints or a layout of the location the charity was going to be held. Setting her glass of water down, Ra moved sideways slightly to pull the wanted information on the holoterminal against the wall.

It was something she had thought of herself and stood up from the desk when it was lit. Coming around, she would place a hand on Anya's shoulder and give it a gentle squeeze if she allowed it. She felt within the woman a sense of almost apology, but not quite. Both too proud to give voice either asking for or accepting forgiveness.

"Yes," holding that hand out to assist Anya to her feet, Ra would guide her over to the wall screen. "Here is the current planned location."

[member="Anya Loma"]

@Ra'a'mah

Anya watched her move sideways, she felt her put a hand on her shoulder and give a gentle speeds. She tensed for but a second then relaxed and moved a hand slowly to pat it as she sighed and stood up with her help as she followed and looked it over nodding

perfect, looks like here, here, and here I'll place my guards normal watch formation. If you can fill the blind spots in with your people we should have a full coverage

She looked it over as she nodded with a grin, this attempt wpuld fail and anya wpuld see this count put to trial, she looked to ra as she spoke

gather what you can on the count ordering the attempt, I want full evidence to be able to convict him...anything traces of credits being wired holocalls...whatever you can get ahold of

Ra felt Anya go tense and first, but didn't blame her a bit. Reversal of roles, she probably would have done the same thing. They walked over to the screen together and looked at the various enterances. Anya pointed out where she would place her normal guards within what would be considered a normal format.

"Got it, you get the front and in the open watch and I'll take the back an hidden areas. I feel it best if our teams have a way to communicate with each other. This way a constant watch is established and if our target is lost by somebody an alert can be given. It also will make it easier to actually capture him."

Moving back to the desk, she picked up the datapad again and pushed a button on it.

"This here is the count in question. Go on take the pad. I'll have my people continue to collect information on what he's doing, where he goes, odd seeming payments and that kind of stuff. Before I would forward anything to you though, I will double check the work myself."

Looking at Anya for a moment before speaking again, Ra considered her words. What she had learned moments ago just off her intuition could be of use to her in the future. Nothing she wanted to use right now though.

"Do you think Archlord Adron should be informed as well, Miss Loma?"

[member="Anya Loma"]

@Ra'a'mah

She nodded at her words, the plan seemed to be piecing together perfectly like nothing could go wrong at all, she looked over to her and nodded

yes I agree a constant update between the two teams plus communication will make it so everyone is in the loop and if the target decided to show himself everyone will know where he is

She took the pad as she looked it over her eyes scanning quickly as she sighed and rubbed her forehead before looking to ra as she nodded

I shall inform him, I feel that with the plan we have nothing should go wrong and if anything it'll show that house Malvern cam protect

Ra thought of something Anya may not have.

"You know if I was going to assassinate somebody, I would make sure I wouldn't actually be present at the event. Instead I would hire mercenaries, using all sorts of trails and false leads to make it more difficult to trace to me. Do you think this is something this count would do?"

Since Anya dealt with dignataries, senators and the politicians, maybe she would have a better idea of how things moved in that circle.

At the last words of Anya, Ra gave her a slightly odd look.

"Am I now considered a part of House Malvern?"

[member="Anya Loma"]

Anya listened as she nodded and grinned

good thinking actually, we need to make sure then the guest list is looked at tgroigjly anyone not on it gone anyone trying to get in another way should be treated as a threat

Anya looked over confused at her words then it came to her as she chuckled and rubbed the side of her head

sorry been messing up on that every so often kinda a shock when you move from planet work up to well this

Over the course of conversing with Anya, any hostility Ra had initially faded away. She had been concerned the red head with the fiery temper would not be able to put their past meeting behind and move beyond her own personal anger. Ra didn't think she would ever be able to consider Anya a friend, she did feel comfortable enough to call her an ally and trust that she wouldn't go out of her way to cause any distress for Ra.

"Isn't this going to be a public event though?"

That meant there wouldn't be a formal guest list to speak of. Just the names of the important people there. Any senators, dukes, lords, ladies and visiting dignitaries from other planets or locations on Serenno. Ra doubted anybody from off world would be there, but there was always the possibility.

"The duke may even attempt to hire from the refugees this charity is for."

While on paper, the operation looked easy, the fine details will be difficult to actually work out and plan for.

Anya didn't exactly answer the question other than to say it was more of a personal shock dealing with working at a greater level. Ra had been a businesswoman as an adult and a politician while growing up. The change from one to another and this really wasn't that much to her and she must have had an easier time adjusting.

"It's ok. Hopefully you get over the change and settled in."

[member="Anya Loma"]

@Ra'a'mah

That was another roadblock, anyone could enter this event despite anything. She thought for a moment as her mind worked This out and gave a grin

not much we can do it seems, we'll just have to have out men watching with a keen eye for any suspicious activity within the crowd and within the off limit areas

She looked to ra, the two could work perfectly...though they were far from being friends, anya could say she would be able to work with her more often.

it shouldn't take any longer I'll be settled in soon, I mean I'm in charge of the senatorial guard already hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom