Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dicoxeen

syringe-1361863862_57.jpg

Image Source: http://www.torange.us/Objects/medicine/syringe-19276.html#

Intent: To create a multipurpose stimulant with viability in multiple markets.

Development Thread: If deemed necessary.

Manufacturer: Crynic Corporation

Model: N/A

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: None.

Material: A variant of Dextroamphetamine, increased in dosage and mixed at a marginal level with Paracetamol. The resulting compound must be administered through a syringe.

Description: Combat stims are commonplace on the galactic market. Stims designed for commercial use as well as military use are not. Dicoxeen was created to build a bridge between the two. It combines the applications of marginal painkillers with the extensive alertness of a 'pick me up' stim. The compound is administered through the subject's veins, (Preferably through the Cephalic in humans, but any should do) and the effects will begin within ten to forty seconds. The subject's awareness of the world round them increases to a sharp point.

They will notice the little details around them in vivid color. Stamina increase is brought about by the rapid increase in heart rate. This allows blood, and then oxygen, to flow through the body much faster, allowing the subject to exert them self far more than would be normal, I.E a man might be able to run an extra mile, or lift thirty pounds more than normal for a time. Additionally, the Paracetamol within their bloodstream acts as a painkiller. It will take the edge off the pain, but it is no high-grade military anesthetic, the subject will still feel their wounds.

Dicoxeen's military uses are obvious. It can be used as a wake-up stim for fatigued warriors. It can also provide a much needed edge in combat. It's civilian uses are just as obvious. Metalworkers can take it to provide better focus. Students may use it to stay awake those last four hours to cram. Dicoxeen is applicable for all people.

There are downsides to Dicoxeen's use. The average humanoid should only inject two syringes per day unless their body has been altered to sustain a higher dosage. The Dextroamphetamine within speeds up the heart, and further dosage can result in a heart attack, or heart failure all together. Furthermore, constant daily use will wear on the user and thin the blood, as well as causing excruciating migraines over time. The body will eventually develop a resistance to Dicoxeen is used too much in a short period of time, and the stim itself will become impotent.

[member="Sylvanan Tal'verda"] - UNDER REVIEW

A few notes from a medical perspective.

Dextroamphetamine is an ADHD medication. It does not function in the way you describe it, no does it cause such mind-bending alertness effects. And combining it with Acetaminophen wouldn't do much, if anything from pain. So in summary, though it is a good sub with a *lot* of effort (and I applaud you on that) the cognitive effects would not be achieved via the main drug in this compound. There are also a whole host of side effects for DAMPH that you left out, which would needed to be added in, and in no way would the increased heart rate and everything cause increase stamina. Anatomy and physiology don't work that way, and in fact while it might give you a very limited boost, you're apt to crash HARD after it. Hard enough you almost pass out when it wears off. I know because I was on said medication and have taken too much of it, by accident.

Overall, a very unique and well thought out idea, and I again applaud you for the effort, but you need to change the medications involved, or make up a wholly new drug. I am happy to give advice and guide you, via PM, on how to achieve what you want this sub to do, but it's not apt to actually achieve very worthwhile results this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom