Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diabetic Complications

Amaran rogue investigator, slicer and researcher
Well, it wasn't appendicitis, which is what I thought last night's crippling pain was...

However, I'm not out of the woods, not by a long shot.

I'm now going to have to live with type 2 diabetes, in addition to diabetic neuropathy and retinopathy, which, in my case, isn't good, as I was born with smaller-then-normal optic nerves due to being born prematurely... As such I've got an EXTREME risk of suffering from a detached retina in both eyes.

I can't stress this enough: WATCH your sugar and caffeine intake, people, and don't ever underestimate those respective chemicals' ability to screw up the life of anyone who uses them constantly. You DO NOT want to live with the hell and pain my eyes have been going through, to say nothing of my nerves facing potential damage over the long haul.

Well, sadly, if I ever disappear again, it'll be permanently, if I should end up going blind. At least you'll know what happened by reading this.

Here's hoping I can have plenty more time here with what time I have left in this life, and it'd SUCK to develop chronic pain like I gave poor Zef here...

If any of you are partial to Faith, as am I, I'd appreciate prayer over the matter, as I really, REALLY don't want to go blind...

Thank you all for your support and concern. We'll see what happens from here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom