Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dha Rekr be Bico [The Dark Wolf of Kiffu]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varien Moxla

V
Dha Rekr be Bico
Image Source: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TnQtW4Jbo70/URf4pGBTlDI/AAAAAAAAItQ/T6OzCRKYhks/s1600/sci+fi+warrior+hunter+sniper+snake+soldier+armor+costume+black+ops+sniper+assassins+creed+starcraft+ghost+stealth+operative+starwars+halo+4+wallpaper.jpg
Intent: Varien’s Beskar’gam

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Story NPC Lanjon, Varien Moxla
Model: Not Applicable
Affiliation: Varien Moxla
Modularity: Yes

• Any weapon can be replaced

• Colours
Production: Unique With Replacement and Repair Parts
Material: Beskar-Terenthium Infused Desh, Mandalorian Steel, Armorweave, Gold, Electronics

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Mulitpurpose
Weight: 18 Kilograms
Quality:

• Plates: 10

• Armorweave: 8
Strengths and Weaknesses:
  • Hypercharging Suit via overloading faraday with energy (Lightning / Electricity) based attacks [Renders aspects of the suit inoperable.]
  • - Light shield, aerosol dispenser, grav boots and magno grip soles, temperature regulator, shoulder dart launchers.
  • Only the helmet is EMP/Ion Resistant
  • Beskar, still heavy but strong
  • Energy Absorption

Special Features:

• Lightsaber Resistance: Crafted from Beskar and Armourweave, the armour is highly resistant to energy based weaponry. I.E: Lightsabres and blasters

• Energy Absorption: The entirety of the suit is lined with a gold faraday cage to collect the energy produced from Force Lightning, Electric Judgement, and Ionize and when coming into contact with a solid object, the Crushgaunts release the pent up energy

• EMP/Ion Resistant Helmet and Gauntlets

• Weight: Lighter weight plates, but just as strong due to the combination with terenthium-desh
Armor
Helmet
Back Plate

• N/A
Wrists
Shoulders
Boots
Combat Harness
DESCRIPTION
The beskar’gam of Varien was created from the toil, sweat, and blood from the work of Varien and a Beskarsmith. Fashioned from fresh sheets of beskar, mandalorian steel, and numerous other materials, it is made to accentuate his strong points in combat, close quarters, brutal, and able to roll with the punches. Kicks too.

The sort to use the Force to strengthen their muscular body, the suit is not only made to help him hit hard. It is also built with the idea in mind of being maneuverable, flexible enough for his acrobatics and strong enough to last on the front lines. Beskar plates were fitted to his body, forged with terenthium-desh infused into the metal to retain the strengths of beskar and terenthium; making the armour lighter so it wasn’t as physically taxing for Varien. Lined with Mandalorian Steel along, coupled with armourweave, the two intertwine to provide an excellent protection against glancing strikes from lightsabres and other energy based weaponry, and even provide more protection against blunt, and or kinetic harm. Fitted with rubber between both armourweave bodysuit plates, it provides both comfort and a silencer to plates that would otherwise be grinding upon each other. Underneath the armour, there was a linked gold faraday cage, connected to all parts of the armour to protect the body underneath from electricity based attacks. Regardless of whether the personal shield generator was active or not, the cage was extensive enough to channel abilities such as Force Lightning and Electric Judgement for just under eight seconds before the system was fried, but while it channelled the electricity, it was feeding it into the personal shield generator which fed it into the armour. By no means was the set a powersuit, but when it was hypercharged by the faraday cage and the Paragon shield, the strength of the user was enhanced at least five times of the wearer’s strength (3 posts) without immediate detriment to the user.

The negatives of such leaves most systems depleted, such as the helmet’s military grade heads up display, all target and acquisition systems, and the audio visual recorder. Most systems that become deactivated are located within the helmet leaving the wearer relatively blind if alone, however the linked faraday cage that is connected to all parts of the armour, is also fried, along with the Paragon shield. This only happens however when the user is struck by a large amount of electricity, particularly any form of Force-based Lightning. Should the Paragon Shield be struck while active in place of the faraday cage when it is not, energy, or electricity based attacks are channelled through the suit to increase the wearer’s electrical output. On scanners or sensors, they would pop-out an enormous amount, caused by the suit essentially being in ‘overdrive.’

The helmet being the only part of the armour that is ion and emp resistant, it was meant to save credits along with Varien's oversight of seeing it as useful. The only systems that would be affected by EMP / Ion attacks would be the light shield, the aerosol dispenser, both in the wrist. The grav boots and magno grip soles, temperature regulator, and the concealed shoulder dart launchers. These systems are inoperable and are disabled until repairs are reached, if the suit is not destroyed (end of thread).

Underneath the waist level, only around the thighs, and the front of the shins is there beskar plating. Along the sides and backs of the areas beneath the kneecap, it is a layer of armourweave and atop of it, mandalorian steel, fashioned to protect more against kinetic and glancing strikes, rather than what the rest of the armour is made for; hard strikes and sustainability. The lower half of the armour is quite resistant to heat. After Varien was subject to the heat of the Mandalorian Forge, it occurred that should he be in the situation he finds himself, say, in a burning building, the body within the suit would be safe from the heat, in a similar fashion to a fireproof suit.

The area that protects the neck and throat is primarily protected by mandalorian steel and armourweave, so as to allow the wearer to rotate their head unimpeded. However, there is an inch gap where beskar-terenthium rises from where the tops of the shoulders connect to the collarbone, to protect the throat.

The majority of the tools and gear that are apart of the combat harness, are located along his thighs or wrapped around his ribs and the small of his back. Varien, a warrior that typically uses blaster pistols, should he run out of ammunition, his replacements are close by for ease of access. Ranging from grappling hooks being able to be pulled off of a belt loop, or ammunition pulled from the pouch in the small of his back, even to the rations that he would rarely carry secured across his flanks. Their locations were all for ease of access should he require any in the midst of combat.

REFERENCES
*Heavily based off of Draco Vereen’s designs.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Varien Moxla

V
[member="Zef Halo"]

Put what I thought was necessary. Basically what I hadn't made clear in the description.

Also added in a short two lines on how only the helmet was Ion / EMP resistant and the list of systems that would be affected.

[member="Varien Moxla"]

In a PvP situation, I don't find these weaknesses as good enough. You've made a good armor with interesting perks but I want to see it balanced out. I find that the hypercharging part is a bit too much, tone it down a bit.

Varien Moxla said:
electricity based attacks are channelled through the suit to increase the wearer’s speed and electrical output
As this is not a power armor how does increasing the wearer's speed happen ?

All in all, the armor is nice and interesting to read but it needs some work on balancing it out. Let me know if you need help!

Varien Moxla

V
[member="Zef Halo"]

If he's caught in an EMP, he lots of his tools in combat are gone. Since anyone can walk around with an EMP grenade since there is canon tech for it.

I'm also willing to wipe away the increase wearer's speed. I was just typing at my keyboard and thought it'd be an interesting interaction / read. I won't keep it if you believe it doesn't belong in the sub, since I myself don't believe it belongs in there.

[member="Varien Moxla"]

Take out the speed increase, remove the stealth weaknesses since I don't find it viable.

There's a few details that need to be put down for the sake of clarification.

After the 8 seconds of being fried with electricity, do all the systems including the helmet turn off and if so for how long? Permanently How long does the enhanced strength period last ? The systems imploding after overcharging can be used as a weakness. Lack of EMP resistance is also a good weakness.

Let me know what you decide so we can proceed on approving this.

Varien Moxla

V
[member="Zef Halo"]

I already listed which systems are turned off, but I added in that they'll be inoperable until the end of the thread which would be when repairs are performed if the suit wasn't destroyed entirely.

Also took out the speed increase.

[member="Varien Moxla"]

Put this up in the weaknesses and add the energy absorption as a strength and I will be approving this.

I am asking you to do that just for the sake of easier clarity. Finish that up and you have my pending. I feel like it's high time to get this approved lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom