Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devil In The Details

Click, clack. Click, clack.

The sound of heels impacting the cold metal beneath sounded through the empty halls of The Queens technological and architectural marvel...the Prometheus Colosseum. she had been working on it for so long...since before her absence and recent imprisoning and that repulsive excuse for a prison. And while she could of unleashed the full wrath of her empire upon them the woman did not dwell on it...they were not worth even a fraction of the effort. She had more important things to do...to catch up on. This being one of them. Much progress had been made in the months she had been absent. The halls she ventured through were nice...polished. Elegant...relaxing to Winters cold optics as she made her way to the architects, scientist and mechanics that had put forth their blood, sweat and tears to make this all possible. Winter had...big plans for this place.

Suddenly, as if from nowhere the sound of shouting men and women echoed just ahead...and as the Ice Queen approached the large doors she stepped into the large empty stands of the stadium...men scattered within the arena below with clipboards and the center cracked open revealing the dark depths beneath the arena...the sound of grinding, hammering and welding...Winter narrowed her gaze and went to take a closer look when her name was suddenly called.

"Your majesty!" The mans voice rang...that squeaky voice rattling within Winters head...god, she already had a headache. Still, she turned to face a man in thick googles wearing a rather...uninspired outfit. Running down the stairs with such haste it looked as if he would fly right out the stand and into the Arena itself...but instead of flying he simply tripped and tumbled down the rest of the stairs.

Her eyes flared...looking down at the man whose body halted at her feet as he groaned painfully...Winter scoffed at the clumsy display.

"Are you damaged?" Winter asked bluntly, reaching down and grabbing the meager man by the back of the neck and hoisting him up as if he were some kind of puppy. She did not particularly care for the man...but she did care for his mind since she was the lead architect who directed construction of the Colosseum. And as she held him a few inches above the ground and set him down he held his elbow painfully.

"No...i'm fine." He replied, giving a half assed bow to The Queen and smiling nervously. Winter blinked and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Then let us begin...I've been gone for quite some time and as a result i feared your production rate would stall...but it seems you've made exceptional progress." She explained, moving back to the rails that lingered over the stadium as the men and women below continued their work. The man behind her known as Midas chuckled and stood beside her.

"Yes well...we aim to please. Things have been going smoothly with the station but now it seems we've hit a bit of a barricade." He mumbled the last part.

Winter nodded.

"Complications?"

"Yeeeeeeeeeeah...sure. We'll use that word for now." He replied, making her inwardly roll her eyes...if only she cared enough to even display annoyance.

"So...what is the problem?" She asked, hoping he'd get to the point.

"Well...your looking at it." He told her, gesturing towards the arena beneath and the biome spaces all cracked open with engineers within the depths below. "The blueprints you provided to us were extremely detailed and we attempted to follow them to the letter...but some improvisations needed to be made in order to be sure the arena would function the way you intended. But in doing so the mechanics of the other biomes have become complicated. We know where to store them, and we know how to get them to surface for each different round. But our engineers are struggling to build it because of the stadiums ever evolving complexity. We are having troubles getting biomes to change appropriately." Midas explained, forcing Winters cold optics to focus on the darkness beneath the arena.

She remained silent for a long while...before looking to Midas and nodding. "Very well...i will see if i can help with this. I'm no engineer, but i'm sure i can assist in some way...how do we go down beneath to see the other biomes in their entirety?" Winter asked coolly. Midas made a face and shrugged before walking away.

"Follow me..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom