Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Devil Among the Divine

Ssalei

S
micah-brown-jedi-meditation-chamber.jpg
Ancient Ruin, Ilum
It was a miracle he had found this place, a literal miracle. The force was strong on this world, he could feel its ebb and flow as it pulsated around him, it had pulled him here. For what purpose? He was unsure. Ssalei would sit cross legged in the center of a flooded underground cave that had at one point been carved into a meditation chamber for some Jedi seeking to flee from the busier parts of this previously sacred world. His eyes would focus on the intricate carving of the symbol of the Jedi order, who ever carved it must have taken literal years with stone tools to create such a masterpiece... perhaps it was his form of meditation?

Soon his eyes would close and he would let out a long and steady exhale, beginning to meditate. He had come to Ilum, well, pulled to Ilum, seeking answers. Answers to what? Well, he hoped to have that answered. He wasn't entirely sure what exactly he was doing, not just on Ilum but the galaxy at large. Designed to be the pawn of a sith's desire to bring back a dead species, Ssalei was lost. His destiny was a sham. His brothers and sisters abandoned him, seeking to cling to their father's vision. And here he was surrounded by rock and ice.

In front of him a metal rod would begin to float from his lap to eye level, the beginnings of his lightsaber. He had come across texts telling the process that Jedi had once formed their sabers here, and he had managed to get this far. Yet, the kyber crystals were rare, he had not felt their pull... maybe they were all gone? The pieces of the saber would slowly come apart, each piece beginning to float around him like moons orbiting a world. Slowly, as he meditated on the force, he would assemble the saber for the thousandth time, hoping that with continued meditation he would find answers to his questions, or at the very least finally find a kyber crystal.

"I wouldn't say darkness. Just.. Uncertainty." Another voice from behind as Kahlil made his way into the room. He keeps a kind smile on his face, giving [member="Jesrix Aevin"] a small, friendly nod. His gaze shifts from the Silver to [member="Ssalei"] curiously. He stepped beside the sitting form, glancing to the floating saber with a small nod. "Aahh. Building your lightsaber then? This would be a good place to do so. Though, you don't seem to have your own crystal yet." He hums slightly before sitting down across from the Acolyte.

"Have you felt them yet?"

Trusting a Sith acolyte. A risk. “Do you have names?” Aevin started walking among the crystals. Blue, green, yellow, red. He placed them in front of the unknown Sith.

Ssalei

S
Ssalei's eyes would shoot open at the sudden onslaught of voices, he had been alone on this world for so long he had almost forgot that other beings existed outside of his little closed environment. Losing his concentration, the saber would begin to fall, saved only on the last second before it hit the water by Ssalei's outstretched hand. Who were these people? How did they find him?

He would turn to glare at [member="Jesrix Aevin"] , unsure of what his intent was. He certainly wasn't happy that Ssalei was here.. "I.. do not wish to cause any problems master Jedi.." he would let out slowly, deciding that antagonizing him probably wasn't the best option, he was after all, defenseless. The other man, [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] , would address him. Khalil would seem the friendlier of the two, but Ssalei's eyes would watch him closely as he circled round and sat across from him. Ssalei would pause for a second, before slowly offering the saber to Khalil. It was a mess, to say the least, exposed wired, pieces that didn't quite fit together but had been jimmied into cooperation, it was clear that it had been jury rigged together from scavenged pieces found about the planet or abroad.

"No.. I.. It seems the crystals here are not particularly fond of me. The scripts I read said to wait.. so I wait." he explains simply, hoping that will answer any questions of why he may be here, intruding on one of the Jedi's most ancient worlds. As the first man would place crystals in front of him. The colors pulled his eyes, drifting from one crystal to the next before sighing. None of these crystals called him "Thank you master Jedi but.. I feel like I must wait for the right crystal." He would pause before quickly adding "I am called Ssalei."

"It's customary to offer your own name when you ask anothers." Kahlil's gaze flicked over to [member="Jesrix Aevin"] for just a moment, his frown clear before he turned back to [member="Ssalei"] . He eyed the scavenged lightsaber, nodding once. "It is impressive what you've done with the pieces you have. And the scripts do say to wait. Sort of." The young man handed back the saber, relaxing atop the cool floor in a meditative stance. He took in a breath, letting his eyes close.

"What do you feel right now? Do you feel the calm?"

Ssalei

S
Honestly Ssalei wasn't really sure how he felt about the intruders. He had cultivated a singular life style, mostly communing with himself and the force as he sought its will. Yet, he certainly needed help and guidance. Oh how those first force sensitives must have fought to establish their doctrine, how many hundreds of generations did it take for them to figure out what would not be considered the most simple of force abilities?

"I do.. But it's like when I meditate.. I can almost get to a calm state, but It always feels like I'm standing on a cliff ready to fall, a great tension." How much should he explain? Let on? What real first hand knowledge he had was with the dark side. Alchemy, sith magicks, brutality. Although he had turned his back on these teachings nearly five years ago they still gnawed the back of his mind. Certainly the Silver Jedi would not treat him as leniently as he had so far if he knew the full extent that the darkness ran through Ssalei's veins. He would sigh before shaking his head at [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] "The force guided me here months ago, I was hoping this would go faster. Nothing is as simple as I thought it would be when I first started to follow its guidance.. Sometimes feels like I am running in circles." He muses, grinning a little to try to insert some small shred of humor into the conversation.

[member="Jesrix Aevin"]

“Aevin.” The young Jedi said. “Do any of the crystals call you to their homes?” He waved to the nests of crystals throughout the cave. “Each crystal has its connection to the Force. And they are all grown here. This-“ he picked up the blue crystal. “was grown with a hundred siblings. As were the others.”

“Fall. Let yourself be open to the Force and let your mind be open to new thoughts.” Odd advice. But temptation worked toward the light as well as dark. Each was pulled their own way.

[member="Ssalei"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Altus Venadris

A
Understanding the duality of this galaxy is what brought Altus to the ice planet. He had questions which couldn't be answered by the books at any sith academy or dark temple. The answers to which would help him figure out his own place in the galaxy and realize more of his own power. Unfortunately, as much as he knew it was important to reach Ilum, from there he had no idea where to go.

He spent days on the frozen surface of Ilum marching alone without direction. His legionnaire armor and its integrated temperature regulator the only reason for his survival.

It was the force that finally brought him to the ruins. Altus was tired when he reached the entrance, the long trek over made ten times tougher by the raging blizzard currently ongoing.

-

As he entered the ruins he could hear voices. Muffled at first but grew louder as he got closer and closer to the chamber. His hand fell to his hip, instinctively clutching his lightsaber before walking into the chamber to announce his arrival.

"Ahem," Altus feigned a cough, slowly creeping toward the three humanoids already inside the chamber. As he got closer, he quickly began studying the men and surroundings. "And what, may I ask, is going on here?" Altus stopped short only a few meters away from the men. Underneath a black helm his eyes fell upon Ssalei.

[member=Ssalei][member=Jesrix Aevin][member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

“Jedi at work. With a newcomer to the ways of the Force.” Aevin’s lightsaber clattered into his metal hand. He wondered how a Sith could possibly have snuck in on them. “If you’re here to harvest a crystal-“ he nodded to [member="Altus Venadris"]’ lightsaber. “I would say you don’t need one.”

"He is right. To find the light, you must learn to surrender yourself to the will of the Force. It is.. Difficult. For those such as you and I." There was something knowing in his gaze as he watched [member="Ssalei"] for just a moment longer. He'd have continued on trying to help another find their way out of the darkness they had no choice in avoiding, but [member="Altus Venadris"] made his way into the cavern. Sith. The black armor was a dead giveaway.

Kahll made his way to his feet, glancing to [member="Jesrix Aevin"] . He lifted his hand, motioning to wait. To avoid aggression.

"Helping those find the light. Are you, perhaps, also in search of this?"

Aevin nodded at [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]’s gesture. He kept his weapon in his hand. “This is not a place of war, Sith. And we do not wish it to become one.” Aevin was tired of Sith games and machinations. “Just tell us what you seek. Resolve this in peace.”

Ssalei

S
It was starting to get crowded. Not having been around anyone at all for several months and all of a sudden three men come striding into his little cave? It clearly made him uncomfortable. It was far from a coincidence though. Did the force bring them together? Why? For what reason? What could he possibly get from this? Was this even about him?

His eyes would dart to the sith, clearly on edge. He would let his compatriots do the talking, but remained cross legged, watching the sith carefully over his shoulder. And what did [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] mean when he said him and Ssalei? They could not possibly share a bond.. could they? Did the force bring one of the few individuals who could understand Ssalei right to his feet? Was this why he had waited for so many weeks?

He would hesitantly get to his feet, now turning to look at the sith. [member="Altus Venadris"] certainly did not seem like the compatriot of any of his siblings who would want him dead, he carried himself too confidently. Yet he would cross his arms, trying to look confident even if it was clear he was keeping Kahlil between himself and the newcomer.

[member="Jesrix Aevin"]

Altus Venadris

A
Listening to the Jedi go on, Altus almost had to stop himself from laughing. What kind of twisted ideologies were they putting in this creature's head? While they spoke he spent time trying to determine exactly what he was. A curious alien, red and demonic looking and attuned to the force. The closest thing that reminded him were holocrons pertaining the old Sith race. It sparked an idea in his head. It wasn't much but it was enough, Altus mind was made up. The red man would be coming with him.

"What do you mean, Jedi?" Those words came out of Altus thick with judgment and disdain. "I've seen the light and it's clear he is nothing like you two beggars." He would point to directly at [member=Ssalei]. "His power, real power, is a birth right." Now speaking directly to Ssalei. "You don't need to wait for whatever it is your looking for. These two preach meditation and serenity but there is only passion in this galaxy. Passion will grant you strength, through strength power in the force. The force will set you free. I can show you freedom."

Altus was getting more and more nervous about the situation. His hand gripped ever so tighter on his unlit lightsaber while he spoke. And though he wasn't about to back down just yet, two full blown Jedi wouldn't be an easy fight on a good day.

[member="Jesrix Aevin"][member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

“Don’t do something you’ll regret, Sith.” Aevin extended his left hand, palm upturned. He felt the Sith weapon, tightly gripped. Reaching out with the Force, he grabbed it. He fought against [member="Altus Venadris"]’ grip. But he felt fear deep in the Sith’s mind. Fear of failure, fear of being lesser.

When he finally did call the Sith weapon to his hand, he said “You will thank me. When you realise Jedi are no easy quarry. Two Jedi knights, you stand no chance young one. If it is a duel you wish, you will get one,” he held up the lightsaber as though to say he’d return it. “but that would be a grave mistake.”

"Real power is a birth right huh?" Kahlil let out a knowing chuckle as he quickly dusts off his pants from sitting on the ground. His gaze traveled from [member="Altus Venadris"] to [member="Ssalei"] , the otherwise calming smile fading for just a moment as he realizes the apprehension the Acolyte had about him. Then to confusion as [member="Jesrix Aevin"] as the other Jedi attempted to disarm the Sith. His eyes narrowed for just a moment before he reached up to calmly push the Jedi's arm down and stop this sign of aggression before it was too late.

"I see the Silvers are still as militant as when I left. Calm yourself. This is a place of peace." His gaze flicked back to the Sith. "My apologies on behalf of this ones actions. We're not here to fight. If you'd like to stay and discuss, I believe I could make some tea."

Ssalei

S
"Tea.. would be appreciated." Ssalei awkwardly blurts out, trying to help defuse the situation. Ssalei would slowly get to his feet and dust himself off, not looking at the sith encase that little darkness inside pulled him away from his mission here. "I brought along some basic equipment, as long as you have some tea leaves I think it should be easy enough Master Jedi." He'd address [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] before going to make his way past the Sith out the mouth of the cave to another nearby cave to grab his gear. Using the force he would flood his body with warmth to help combat the icy winds, a simple trick but one he had mastered since coming here.

He would return a minute or so later with a large rucksack, which he would place in the center of the meditation area and remove a kettle, small electric stove that appeared to be battery powered, as well as a bag of some kind of jerky, proceeding to go around to the others and offer them some of the meat, although he would continue to refuse to look at the sith even when right in front of him with the bag outstretched. It was fear. He knew what the sith could do, he was bred to be one after all, and it was something he had been trying to leave for years even if his upbringing and his supposed nature kept trying to drag him back.

After the jerky would be distributed he would grab the shell to his soon to be saber and toss them both back in the bag. He'd idly check through the bag, making sure his blaster was inside just encase someone had a stupid idea.

[member="Jesrix Aevin"] [member="Altus Venadris"]

Aevin left the conflict with [member="Altus Venadris"]. If the other Jedi was so certain he could handle it, he should be allowed to. Aevin accepted some jerky from [member="Ssalei"] and followed him back to the meditation circle and the lightsaber pieces. “I sensed conflict.” He said so only he and the Sith-born could hear. “When you came near the Sith.” He sat down “You were born to be one of them. To inherit the dark side. But you’re not certain. You fear Sith. You are born as a child of the Force. What you do with that is yours to decide.”

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Altus Venadris

A
For a moment Altus could feel the Jedi trying to tug at his lightsaber. What an audacious move. The thought crossed his mind to jump along with it, activate it then plunge deep through the Jedi's heart. Altus was better armed and as a Knight-Captain of the Empire was not afraid of combat or death. Luckily enough the second Jedi, [member="Kahlil Zambrano"], stopped his friend from escalating this further.

Still royally mad, Altus allowed [member="Ssalei"] to exit the chamber and waited quietly to be passed food. He was even more confused than before as the meditation circle began to make itself whole again. As he joined the other three, Altus, a little suprised, listened to the rather insightful words by his former aggressor, [member="Jesrix Aevin"].

"What he says is true but I urge you to understand my side before you make a choice. To learn of the darkside is to learn of ones very self. To delve deep into your passion and hone it. Only then will you understand your place in the world. These Jedi will tell you to forget and let go, I say to find the power that burns inside you and turn it up."

Kahlil let out a held breath as [member="Ssalei"] was able to exit the cave past [member="Altus Venadris"] and retrieve the equipment needed for a small lunch break. He had been worried the Sith might either try to stop the Acolyte or follow them out. He'd focus on the tea making for now, not that there was much to be done while he waited for the kettle to come to a boil. These sorts of discussions were rare, and often lead to blood shed. Especially between an agent of the Sith and a member of the Silvers.

Both groups were both far into their own corners.

"It is interesting to hear these points of view from each of you." He muses just as the tea starts to steam. He pours each of them a cup, steeping a small sphere full of tea leaves in each. "There is only so much the dark can give you, and at quite the great cost. You burn bright, but exhaust the fuel to your flame so quickly. Only those like my father are truly able to command the dark and bend it to their will instead of being bent to its. Then again, the Emperor has been killed and brought back so much he might just be nothing more than a spirit in a host body." The young Jedi ponders the thought for a moment before glancing to Ssalei.

"Regardless of what you choose to do, no one here will make you change your mind. I do say listen to what they have to offer and pick your path."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom