Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devaron's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thew Vullen

The Force can be a Weakness
3626975d6efe7fe70b98820852f8c92d.jpg

Image Source: LuzDesignDevantart.com (Bottom right corner)

Name: Devaron's Den

Location: Devaron. A Citadel is located on top of a mountain with two rivers running along the base of it, parallel to the North and South. The mountain is hollowed out.

Classification: Citadel/Smuggler's Den

Affiliation: Smugglers

Description: A citadel abandoned by its occupants long ago and has since been occupied by smugglers. A tall mountain with the ruins of the citadel on top, the location is a beautiful site. Smugglers have hallowed out underneath the mountain. Nowadays the expansion of Devaron's Den has increased tenfold. The caverns expand underground for four square miles and can support upwards of 1,000 people. Equipped with many things to keep the place home safe hideout to many smugglers. The Den draws it's power from an old Star Destroyer power core, salvaged years ago. But just in case, the base draws its backup power from the two rivers, but hydroelectricity will only power the most basic needs. The Den is always expanded and adding new areas for everyone. It currently has multiple bars/gaming areas, a medical bay, two armories, a cafeteria, and many rooms for bunking. The people who live in the Den have an attachment to it and the other people, living like one family under the citadel.

History: The Den started twelve years ago as a personal project for an entrepreneur smuggler. It quickly grew to be a popular stop for smuggling runs. The Den became a safe haven from the warring factions and has expanded to be a vast underground bunker that is home to many smugglers. As of now undetected by many anti-smuggler factions it remains a safe haven and black market for those clever enough to find it. The Den has been know for lots of gambling, pirating, and all other sorts of scoundrelous activities. Luckily for the Den it has remained undetected by anti-smugglers by bribes, being a well kept secret, and of being a relatively new smuggler outpost.

Weapons/Technology: While the Den mostly relies on the thick foliage and secrecy to avoid unwanted attention, it also has many weapons to defend its occupants if needed. All of the Den's weapons were acquired through salvaging from the many battles in the warring galaxy. With 14 XX-9 Turbolasers salvaged from Star Destroyer wreckage, five medium NK-7 ion cannons, and many of the common quad laser cannons these defenses make it hard for any assault from the air. To make it even harder for any assaults, the Den packs three surface to air missile launchers with four concussion missiles each. For ground assaults, the Den has many other defenses, all underground. The Den uses anti-infantry weapons underground, using many E-webs and some old Bp.2 turrets for defense. There is a central command station in the Den that controls all the turrets, with other smaller stations scattered around the Den for clusters of defenses. The Den's occupants often buy defenses from smugglers that come its way, or sometimes, weapons are gifts to the Den with the smugglers wanting to keep it a safe haven.

Intent: Money making, storage, and smuggling outpost.

Links: A Drink at Devaron

[member="Thew Vullen"]

Wookiepedia says that Devaron is located in the Outer Rim. Please change this to reflect that, or remove the Inner Rim part altogether.

With 14 XX-9 Turbolasers salvaged from Star Destroyer wreckage, five medium ion cannons, and many lasers these defenses make it hard for any assault from the air. To make it even harder for any assaults, the Den packs three surface to air missile launchers with 16 missiles each. For ground assaults, the Den has many other defenses, all underground. The Den uses anti-infantry weapons underground, using many E-webs and other infantry turrets for defense
I'm going to need you to link all the weapons listed, whether it's to a Factory submission or a wiki link. It would behoove you to mention where these weapons were acquired, as they're not simply small arms for personal smuggler use.

I'd also like for you to address how the Smuggler's Den managed to stay off the radar (if it did) so far given all the activity and expansion there.

Lastly, because of the significant defenses, I'm going to require a 10 post dev thread for this submission.

Tag me once you've completed your edits and I'll give it another look over.

Thew Vullen

The Force can be a Weakness
Going well, the dev thread is a little slow. Never done that before and am cooperating with a friend or two. Otherwise, quite well!

Two questions, I did mail you about them but no reply.
1). Do I need to be specific about every weapon or missile?
2.) On the map for factions Devaron is located in the Inner Rim, at the middle of the bottom. There are conflicting sources about this.

[member="Gael bar Ammon"]

[member="Thew Vullen"]

I just checked and I did indeed have an unread PM from you. Sorry about that. I don't know how that went over my head.

As far as specifics go, it really depends. For your dev, simple mentions of them would be good but go into as much detail as you desire - it just has to pertain directly to this submission. The detail you've used in your description is just fine, though you'll need to link the wiki for concussion missiles.

In regards to the location of Devaron itself, I would just remove the 'Inner Rim' part from the sub, that way it won't be hold up your sub until that's taken care of. You can always take on the Devaron location dispute once you're done.

Would you mind also linking your dev thread so I can monitor your progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom