Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev Threads

I've noticed we've gotten away from the welcoming nature of the Factory. Lets bring it back - please don't auto deny anything that is just needing a dev thread. Also really only focus on the requirement for a dev thread for things that are ambitious. If its just a gun with a cool scope why waste someone's time with a lame dev thread. We all hate them, I hate reading them and I bet you do too.

As factory judges you have to realize its a thankless job and you're here for the people. Its customer service and if you feel you cannot perform please let me know and I'll find someone that can.

I want to work towards a somewhat standardization of Dev threads so that we can try and prevent the waiting around for one. Please can you guys list what you guys look for when judging if something needs a dev thread?

What I've been using -- http://starwarsrp.net/topic/37829-factory-judge-dev-thread-resource-guide/?p=547285

This is an optional reference guide for Factory judges to use when determining if a Tech Sub requires a Dev thread. It is a compilation of what we have commonly seen on average requiring one. (Based off this thread) Post count and quality is still up to the Factory Judge, but feel free to ask if anyone has any questions.

The addition of new guidelines to the list that need a Dev thread will require a discussion among the judges and admin approval as they come up.

I will be maintaining this thread and will update once approval from an Admin is given.

Factory Dev Thread Resource Guide
  • Anything created with restricted Items. ( IE A. The mining resource thread or B. Link to purchase of restricted item along with the sellers original resource mining thread.)
  • Anything beyond a canon precedence that does not have at the very least, three reasonable and balanced weaknesses to prevent powergaming.
  • Warships over 1500m. The ship template offers limits on what is needed for dev threads.
  • Flagships.
  • Stealth Tech.
  • Powerarmor.
  • Force Artifacts or Holocrons ( Not including personal holocrons).
  • Any item that is alchemized beyond an existing canon precedent.
  • Any Force nullification items without reasonable weaknesses.
  • Moving / creating of a new Company Headquarters.
  • To start a subsidiary of a Tier V+ company at III.
  • To start a company with an abnormal amount/unrelated operations.
  • To become the owner of a canon company.

Starship Dev thread Guidelines based on the Starship template.
  • 1. An individual character may not own a ship greater than 400 meters in length. Ships over 400 meters must be owned by a Faction (Major or Minor), and may be captained by the character, but in case of leaving will not go with them without exceptional circumstances and faction administrator approval.
  • 2. Ships at or above 1,000 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 10 posts, 1 writer.
  • 3. Ships at or above 1,700 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 20 posts, 2 writers.
  • 4. Ships at or above 2,400 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 30 posts, 3 writers.

Spencer Jacobs said:
[member="Danger Arceneau"] This is only available for FJs correct? I think we should make it public for the Forum to see to avoid any confusion.

Yeah this is only available to FJ's as it was recommended.

But we can definitely review it and if we like post it publicly on what we normally consider asking for dev threads for.

But like we can remove things -- like the 1500m dev thread req. The ship template already states how many writers are needed for dev threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom