Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breath. Just take one breath.

All the stuff and matter of the universe seemed to weigh on her lungs. Morrigan needed just one breath to survive. But there was little light or air left, after the old cave collapsed. Time itself had stopped before one impossibly delicate stick finally snapped, and the weight above Morrigan released its grip. Rubble cascaded down in shifts and rumbles, and she took one sharp breath. She was free. The cacophony of rock was like music to her ears.

"'n it took damn long enough," Morrigan wheezed, as if she hadn't been moments from death. Soot fell from her fur. She initiated a shake with her head.

It would be months before she got her bearings and figured out where she was. But at least she was alive. Ripping the end of her tail from under a rock, Morrigan brushed and examined herself incessantly. Morrigan De Cath, an old Earth name for "one who battles," she was once a warrior, only to be beaten by dirt itself. The crack in the roof allowed a little light, and she knew her fur had come back to life. But only just. It was a blessing and a curse, to be a Kushiban. Even though she scoffed at the memory of greats like Ikrit, Morrigan secretly held pride for her kind. But she knew that if she could not get a handle on controlling her fur color, her enemies would know the best of her before she ever had a chance to speak.

Kushiban are accustomed to stand on all fours, but a crack that rang from the end of a tunnel had Morrigan on her haunches. Her nimble paws hovered over her tool belt as she released four tiny claws, waiting. Her stomach growled, and she cursed herself before crouching against the wall...

Two tiny glimmers that only could have been eyes came into view. They watched. Waited. Ready to use the last remaining energy she had, Morrigan spoke. "Whatever you are, show yourself!"

The eyes crept closer, and before she had a chance to speak again, a flash of tan fur and ticking claws scampered across the floor to meet her, face to face.

"Hi there!" A small voice reverberated in the dead silent cave. Disoriented, Morrigan came face to face with a Fennec Fox, no taller than 3 feet high, but a formidable threat to the 2 foot tall Kushiban.
"Do you need help? You look terrible, really. How on earth did you get down here? The last living thing I saw in this cave was a wormling, and even then I had to dig!"

Dig. Morrigan looked around for any sign of bugs. How the hell did she find me?

"You're probably wondering what I'm doing down here now, but that's none of your business. Let's go, let's get you cleaned up. What is your name? I never even asked your name. That would be the first thing to do. Next to asking you how on earth you got yourself into this mess. We have a lot of catching up to do if I'm going to know who I'm taking out of my own personal hunting ground today." The fox took her by the arm, and they started down a tunnel. "Come on! Look alive!"

Look alive. Morrigan found herself chuckling for the first time in ages, before wheezing again. Alright, Morrigan bargained. At least her new captor had a sense of humor. She would follow this fellow flash of fur out the tunnels into what she could only assume to be a new world.

[member="Ipsy"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom