Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Destroyer of Worlds

Objective: Acquire Technology
Means: Negotiation or Theft

The Dawn's Light descended slowly through the atmosphere, moving down towards an oversize landing bay. The purpose she'd expressed to the planets flight control had been refueling and restocking for their journey. This world was in the territory controlled by the Black Suns, which made it a criminal haven, but as it was, there was technology here, and there were plans and prototypes for weapons and fuel sources that were to be found here.

She'd enlisted several other members of the Silver Jedi to assist her in going to see what they could get. They had the option of legitimate means, or theft. Of course, they were Jedi. They were only going to steal from someone if they deserved to be stolen from. Like people with nefarious purposes.

As the ship settled down, Niamh slipped into an outfit more discrete. Rather than robes, or her armor, she settled for simple business clothing, her sabers hidden in her sleeves so that she had easy access to them if she needed them. Then she wandered off the ship and started making her way through the city, just perusing. There were a lot of companies with locations on Sakiya. Some of them weren't very savory companies. If they could get some really good stuff on this run, she had a ship all set and ready for it.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Willa Isard"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"]

Willa had come, since Havoc had left the Republic after Alderaan she had been wandering around mostly using that skill of nomadic stealth to hide herself. Avoiding Rohn and the others, she had possibly found Steph and was following up on that or preparing to as she secured the automatic pistol on her hip and held her anti material rifle securing it on her back with a cocking sound. No need to pop her knuckles of bones as she didn't have any but a smirk played on her face while she was walking to join Niamh and ran a hand through her hair. We was happy to help the echani and Silver jedi if only for payment. "Alright orders?"

[member="Willa Isard"] [member="Niamh Raste"]

Coci was happy to be on the ground once more. Not a great lover of space travel, ironic really that she is here for this. However, they needed her help and she would do all she could to assist. Removing all jedi visage, only her saber would give any indication she is force sensitive, she dressed in her cream trousers, pressed white shirt and knee high black boots. Her belt housed her saber. She had packed of course, a long black case rested by her side on one of the seats. The White Mouse.

She stood up and took the case to a vacant room on the ship, locked the door and assembled the black nightstinger rifle. Click .. click.. thud .. click, and all the pieces slid into place. The last, the sight scope. This rifle is her primary weapon, next to her saber, and therefore kept in perfect condition, save for a few nicks on the paint work. She placed it over her shoulder, before covering up with a cream cowled cloak.

Once she had completed her preparations, she joined in others in silence.

Also thankful to be out of hyperspace the Hapan Ranger One was dressed in light armor from head to toe though it was all cloaked by a heavy brown duster, his blaster carbine slung down a large holster against his back his blaster pistol in the holster at his hip. He stepped out behind the rest of the women, how he managed to get into missions exclusively commanded by the fairer sex made him wonder if someone out there had a sense of humor. He stopped behind the woman and waited dutifully it had been awhile since he had been in the field so he let the Jedi lead the way for now.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

"I think it would be best if we split up."

She glanced at the others briefly before surveying their surroundings. There was a lot of exploration to be done here. They needed weapons and shielding tech. Especially advanced shielding tech if they could get their hands on some.

"I have a hull that's under construction back on Eshan. It's a large destroyer-class vessel that I want to produce for us. It needs shields and weaponry equivelant for it. This world is full of tech developers, and many of them are the unsavory variety. Let's split up and see what we can find. Use your best judgment for how to acquire things. We're the good guys here, but that doesn't mean everyone here is bad either."

A grin and then she took off for a stroll, perusing shops and such as she looked for the best tech outfits. If nothing else, she'd get some good ideas here.

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Willa Isard"]

Not really knowing much about this world Vladimir wasn’t exactly pleased about the idea of splitting, especially given the unsavoury nature of some of those that crowded through the streets, he had a solemn duty to assist and defend Jedi and separating himself from their presence made that difficult. Though he imagined all three women could take care of themselves as [member="Coci Sinopi"] had demonstrated to him in the past when they both briefly served in the Republic.

“I would suggest we keep open comms, just in case someone runs into some form of trouble.” Vladimir suggested humbly keeping his eyes directly ahead not looking at any of the women.

As [member="Niamh Raste"] departed from the spaceport out into the streets on her own Vladimir did the same taking an opposite route. He didn’t exactly know what he was looking for, he had done some work with some of the other designs for the Silver Jedi and the Antarian Rangers he certainly wasn’t a technician. He didn’t even fancy himself an accomplished negotiator though past experience had proven otherwise. He walked along casually brushing past various beings in a hurry to get one place or another as he passed shops and vendors displaying technology and goods that were of no use to their current needs at all. He approached a nearby vendor and spoke with the owner to get the lay of the land of who sold what, who may be working on what, and who controlled the flow of information on this particular world. The most important aspect was who was in charge of the underworld and black market here, the seedy underworld of any world tended to have their fingers into everything and no doubt would be willing to sell what they knew for just about anything that gained them more power.

[member="Willa Isard"]

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Willa Isard"]​
She gave a nod of recognition to Ranger One Vladimir Kirov, a man she had worked with in the past, and knew him to be most diligent as a soldier and Ranger. She too did not like the idea of separation but also understood considering the aspect of the place and the nature of the mission. She had decided to enter into the entertainment district, to see what she could find there. The more high class establishments who host the more influential people and the likelihood that one of them might lead to the what Niamh requires.

"A good suggestion Ranger One", she adjusted her commlink. "I shall see what I can find in the entertainment district", she left to enter the starport and pass through security.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Niamh Raste"]

Willa listened to Niamh and gave a nod as she slid her rifle on her back moving off with a graze of her hand over her ear putting the braid behind her ear. They might be the good guys... kind of she was considered by some questionable. It didn't help that she was being heretical with her goddess and people. The Vahla supporting the One Sith proved difficult the least she was seeing and using to justify it that they were a danger to the vision of finding their homeworld once again. She was heading off now and looking for what the echani wanted weapons and shielding with a small smirk on her face for it all. "Coms open, just yell if you need me to shoot something."

"Very good suggestion. Definitely keep comms available. Good luck everyone."

She had gone into the business district herself. The first place she started with was a little shop called Tesz Corp, mostly because she saw droids inside that looked interesting and the shop advertised biomechanical wares. She didn't find anything there, and quickly moved on. It was like this for her for a while until she found a rather seedy looking place mixed into the more legitimate corporations. The name was not on any corporate registry that she could find on her datapad. She could only assume it wasn't legitimate.

That was perfect.

She let herself in and approached the desk where she grabbed a brochure and proceeded to look through it while she waited for someone to notice her.

[member="Willa Isard"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"]

[member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"]

Willa continued through the district looking at what there was to shop for while she scanned flicking her eyes back and forth through the crowd. It wasn't a great thing and she would have much preferred some of the lesser profile stalls. As she looked at some fabric that practically got pushed into her face she glared at the man getting him to back away only enough so she could look over the railing and towards the shops. She saw Niamh off in the distance entering one and nodded a little before going to another and wondering what the others were finding.

Walking away from the rest of the members as they established a connection between their comm units Vladimir stepped into the dirtier less travelled parts of town. He figured that his best way of finding some of the less reputable members of society was to present himself as a mercenary looking for a contract in some of the local bars. By his estimation it wouldn’t take long before someone approached to attempt to make contact. He didn’t know for sure that he would find any of the technology they sought this way but the less reputable members of any society tended to seek out advantages advanced technology offered to make their life easier or increase their takes.

Stepping into a small and rather rough looking bar the Hapan man stepped up the bar ordering a drink from the bartender. Vladimir took a long sip from the harsh tasking liquor as he leaned in close to the bartender casually slipping the man a few credit chits. “Tell me friend, who is the strongest amongst the local crime bosses.”

[member="Willa Isard"] [member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

"Oh, hello, Ma'am. Were you here for an appointment?"

It was one of the local species. She lowered the brochure for a moment and looked at him and then lifted it again.

"I represent an industrial corporation based on Eshan. We're looking to purchase products that you can't really get anywhere else but here, if you know what I mean."

"I'm sure that I don't..."

"I'm sure that you do."

She lowered the brochure completely and stared at him with very focused, intense eyes. The male backed away for a moment. He seemed nervous, and shaky. He was actually petrified, as Niamh could feel it, but that didn't matter much to her.

"Why don't you tell your boss that I'm here so I can be quick, hmm?"

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Willa Isard"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

She moved along the streets of the town, it is much larger then she had expected and the streets are filled with many beings going about their busy for the day. She is dressed in casual clothes in order to blend in with them and the numbers on the street aided her to 'hide'. She wore a smile, only to give the air of one interesting in being here, a tourist, and from time to time Coci could stop as if getting her bearings. The reality was she did not know the direction of the entertainment district, and so to add to her fascade, she would ask directions.

Soon she had turned the corner and before her the flashing light of neon met her eyes. Neon light is insipid in the light of day and ugly at the best of times. However, she moved forward to one of the more expensive looking places and she entered.

The place is packed with patrons and soon she made her way to a small bar to place an order for a drink.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"]

Willa continued forward, watching the others but also going through what she could bring to the table as she moved. Looking at less the crime bosses and black market dealers. She went to the source itself, Vladimir might go for the ones who run the city but a crime boss needed them, Niamh might be dealing with them but shipments could be hijacked or protected by them. She was looking at the local gangs and sizing up their equipment taking a small inventory of their guns. She thought about what she could do to them and to make an impact while moving with her hand on her light machine pistol. Then one of them noticed her and the game was on as they scattered taking her as a cop in her uniform. The armor still bearing the Republic insignia as she started running after them. Her hand coming up as she called on the goddess and sent a jet of flame to his legs as he fell over screaming and pounding to try and put the flame out. Willa's hands grabbed him as she spoke. "Where do your friends keep their guns?"

“I wouldn’t know anything about that friend.” The Bartender spoke quietly as he slipped the cred chip off the counter and gestured Vladimir to the back room. “What would you like to drink?”

“Nothing for me thanks friend, I suppose I will be off, do you have a refresher I could use before I go?”

“Paying customers only, buy a drink and you can use the one in the back.” The man said gesturing again to the direction he had indicated.

“Very well, Corellian whiskey.” Vladimir requested, he didn’t really want the drink but if the bartender insisted he wasn’t going to stir up the locals too much by objecting.

Paying for and accepting the drink Vladimir took a small sip and carried the glass towards the back where the bartender had indicated. He stepped through the door into the back room and just as he did was grabbed by someone quite a bit larger than he was. They scuffled a bit and after a few moments the Hapan man had the upper hand. He twisted the big man’s hand behind his back and whispered in his ear.

“Take me to your boss, we need to have a little chat.” Vladimir ordered if the man so much as breathed the wrong way he would could certainly regret it. He didn’t want to hurt the man but he could certainly break the man’s wrist if need be.

[member="Willa Isard"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Niamh Raste"]

It took a bit, but she was finally ushered back through the facility, and into a room with a rather large Hutt. Lovely. Of all things, this was one of those sorts of organizations. She hated dealing with Hutts, but if it was necessary then it was necessary. She bowed her head, very slightly, to the Hutt.

"So I see you're running a rather... interesting operation here. I'm in need of some technology that may or may not be legal."

"What is it that you seeek, Ms. Raste."

Hmm. So he knew who she was. That could be good or bad.

"Advanced shielding technology for a large vessel. The type you shouldn't have at your disposal."

The Hutt laughed. Not a simple laugh, but one of those really long ones that got really annoying and grating. Scratching at her head, she watched the Hutt. This wasn't going to go the easy way and she knew that. It was most annoying to say the least. Opening her hand to the Force, she reached out with it and smashed the Hutt in the face. It grunted and fell backwards.

"Your kind of being, preying on the weak and initiating illegal practices, disgust me. If you won't sell it to me, I'll take it."

Guards appeared now, but she knocked them away with well placed blows of the Force. Now, with that done, it was time to steal some tech.

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Willa Isard"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

The men who were taking her seemed uneasy but Willa kept them on track while she moved. They were winding through the streets and alleyways as she took a look upon the back of his head. "Just keep calm and this will all be over soon enough." The small smirk on her face was worth it as they were worried and not afraid but anxious. She knew their bosses wouldn't be happy but she could handle that with some bribes and business was always preferable to them arresting and confiscating the guns or weapons. Finally the group came towards a large warehouse and Willa looked at them while they were explaining what was going to be coming in. Silver jedi had some clout but the look she got had her arms being crossed and machine pistol ready to handle things.

With the guards out of the way, it seemed like an easy time was left of things. She made her way into the complex. Some people tried to stop her, but they didn't try hard enough. It's hard to stop a Matukai wrecking ball when it's bearing down on you so she couldn't really blame them. But, she didn't care either. All of these people were criminals, working for a scumbag leader like the boss she'd just dealt with. Regardless, she didn't care anymore about any of them. It was all about fixing the problem.

Into the workhouse she went. Some people in tech suits looked up at her, but she ignored them as she pulled out her datapad and plugged it into a terminal.

"Don't mind me. Just stealing your work."

She installed a program into the computer port that started downloading all of the shielding data that had been crunched into the network. It would also destroy all of it that they had on their network. Stage one to shutting down this operation. Stage two would be messy.

[member="Willa Isard"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Niamh Raste"] [member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

Willa was in the warehouse and moving now, her body twisting and bending around the crates of equipment as she popped out and fired the sniper rifle letting the shot impact into the chest of the one man on the catwalk. She looked them over moving more and more towards the one crate as a section of it was shot and several weapons fell out. Old model DC's that had her interest coming while she checked one with its grenades then was holding it and taking aim. "Well at least they were nice enough for grenades." She thought about it for a bit and was moving her head around as one of the groups had gotten brave coming for her. Jumping out as she squeezed the tigger the pop of the launcher and the explosion had her attention coming about now. She spoke into her comlink for the one ship they had.
"This is Willa, I got us some equipment, negotiations went aggressive you could say. come and pick me up so we can have this loaded on the ship for the rangers." She moved to the doors and opened them while looking around and at the equipment. They could use or trade these for different things but it would fund and stock the armory she had planned to put into that fabled command ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom