Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Destiny | Mandalorian Clans Dominion of Azure Hex

Roche, Nickel One
[member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"]
[Post 9]

Draco settled into the seat of the transport and secured himself lazily. Ships weren't his thing, he didn't fly them, he didn't like flying them, and he normally preferred the sense of security provided by larger ships. Not because he was afraid of attacks or assassination attempts, but because he didn't like the concept of crashing, and the bigger vessels tended to do that less. Extra safety precautions and all that.

"I know Mand'alor, it is a long road to change and it will be a long time." Draco said as he settled down. "There is much to do, and many fights to have before we can begin looking to the horizon, but I know if I am alive when we can see it, I will be proud."

"Where to next?" He asked looking at the Mand'alor while the pilots did a systems check and waited for the engine preflight diagnostics to come back with four green indicators. Hyperdrive was already primed and good to go, always checked on start up, as were other essential systems. Wherever Mand'alor had them moving, Draco would be ready to tell him what happened there, if there was anything of note.

"How Do You Say "S'mores" in Mando'a?" | Post 6 of 30​
[member="Lok Munin"] | [member="Briika Tor"]​
THE PLANET
V E L M O R
TOL VERMOC MOUNTAINS

"Did that help to explain things a bit better for you, Three?"

The boy's faun brown eyes were large as he stared, open mouth, in over-saturated awe at everything he was trying to absorb. Sul choy... No, sue coy? Six tenants... wait, what was a tenant? That was for the Real-sore-hair. Wait, was that even right? Then there was the Best-scar-gram...

"Yes!" the boy chirped brightly, eager to learn more. Except, he hadn't learned anything she'd said earlier.

"...maybe," the boy amended, a half-second later. "What... what was the word, like, for hello again?"

Great. He could barely get Basic right. How was he supposed to learn a secret Mando language? "Do... do you want me to start the fire?" the child asked, as he watched the woman dress the rabbits.

He wasn't good at cooking stuff. No 3X was for some reason. So field maneuvers on Kamino had really, really sucked. But he was good at the fire starter-ing part.

Titan

Sorry, I thought I posted way earlier.

Titan waited for the pirates to arrive, the Phrik would be most useful, if the pirates did what he thought they would. They would grab the phrik mining machines that had convineintly been left on the planet to mine the ore, then they would most likely board their ship with the Phrik and refine it while in space. At that moment the pirates arrived, "Hold your fire, we need evidence." Titan ordered his men, they did after all need evidence, but an added bonus was that they would also get the Phrik for their own personal use. It was all very handy. "Activate the Gravity Well once they are in the atmosphere." The pirates would be trapped and helpless.

[member="Sko'saht"] [member="Darth Banshee"]

Allies: Mandalorian Clans, [member="Ayriss Kelish"], [member="Lyth Meran"]
Enemies: N/A
Objective: Find Siri Tachi's body

Now that Cathul, accompanied by M-6PO, got out of the Neimoidian Yacht and off to the beach, she wore the more revealing clothing: a black bikini. She wanted to test whether the bifurcating cyclical ignition pulse was functional; it would be difficult to use a lightsaber in even rain if that component didn't work properly. Azure being an ocean planet, she would easily find a place to test that feature. If she knew the lightsaber would work in a dry environment, at least she needs to make sure it works underwater, so it can work under most weather conditions she could be called upon to fight. As tempting as it is to just lie on the beach after the underwater tests are conducted, should the bifurcating cyclical ignition pulse work, Cathul knew better than just rest on her laurels. Something needs to be done about the abandoned starfighter base on Azure. But that would have to wait until later in the trip, until she knows for sure that the lightsaber won't short out in water.

"Stand back, 6PO. I'm going to ignite that newfound lightsaber"

"Roger"

Once she arrived at the beach, she walks until the water is waist-deep, at which point she ignites the purple-bladed lightsaber and she deems it safe to conduct the test whose aim is to determine whether the bifurcating cyclical ignition pulse is functional because insufficient depth could cause problems on her side: she just couldn't lie a lightsaber flat in water to conduct such a test. But by now she realizes that it works as intended.

[member="Titan Kryze"] (okay I forgot, got caught up in things, and forgot)

Roger that, my droids are ready when you are. She still was left wondering why, she was fighting for these people. Yes she admired there abilities in war, they had honour code. Yet any mention of sith, and they where kill them. She knew she was outsider, and her bounty hunt to capture [member="Darth Erebos"] proved that to her. She has left him on serenno, to recuperate from the duel, and the fall of coruscant. She wanted to be there, not here not anymore.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Velmor; Tol Velmoc Mountains
Camping with Munin Clan cadets
[member="Lok Munin"] [member="3X744"]
Gear in bio
(5)
---

The clone kid was so cute! Three made Briika smile as he tried desperately to speak the Mando'a words. It was kinda all in the tongue.

"Hello is pronounced [soo-Coo-ee], and we often throw in vod [vohd] after it, which means mate and/or brother-sister. We are gender neutral when it comes to labeling. So as a greeting you can say, su'cuy or su'cuy, vod. One can add a qualifier too such as ner [nair] that means my, and make it more personal so su'cuy, ner vod," Bree nodded.

"Also if you want to make something plural, add the letter E [ay] on the end like vode. That is how I initially greeted you boys when I came into camp. All you need are a few words and catch phrases and you'll be golden, ner vod," she reassured with a knowing wink.

That was a lot to take in, but soon the new Munin cadet would be chatting it up in no time Mando style. Three seemed like a very smart child, though apparently he was old?

"Elek [El-eck] meaning yes, that would be a great help. Vor'e [Vohr-ay] or thanks!. While you are getting the fire started, I'm going to go check on Lok. He's been gone a bit too long for my taste," the golden blonde said, then donned her silver-colored helmet once again and grabbed her rifle from where it was resting nearby, leaving camp in the same direction the teenage Munin had gone.

L E A V I N G R O C H E

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Caspian Rekali"]​
As Caspian joined the two on the ship, Ra looked to the pilot.

"Let us leave this asteroid field. I have business to tend to on Azure."

The pilot nodded, and looked at his co-pilot. The man shrugged and began punching buttons. Soon, they would be taking off. Ra readjusted his seatbelt - the man needed two. He preferred to be extra safe, but he was also a rather large fellow. Thankfully, on this transport, he didn't have to pay for an extra seat. It came free of charge.

He looked out the window as they left Roche.

The Galactic Republic. The One Sith. Ripe for insurrection, embedded with corruption. What happened to the old days? Where everything was black and white. Where the Sith were the sole enemy, when the Galaxy could unite together against one enemy.

Why was everything always so damned grey?

The ship lurched forward as it left the gravity well of Nickel One, and the pilot punched it into hyperspace.

Mia moved forward smoothly at Davons command, a pulse rippled forward in the force with a gentle shove of her hand, colliding with the frozen dar'manda, shattering them into pieces.

The shots that followed from her bolter were fired with practiced precision, finding homes in weak point of the beskar'gam they wore. Necks, knees and lower abdomen crippled by their power, three fell before they could open fire.

Slipping into the calm of the fight, she drew the beskad clear of its sheath at her back as they see into close quarters.

[member="Davon Karr"]

[member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Draco Vereen"]

Caspian followed the two mandalorians as they made their way back onto the main ship. It was a long and successful journey but at last their time on Roche had come to an end. There were mandalorian operations going on all over the sector, the galaxy even and a man as busy as Mand'alor had plenty of appearances to make, and operations to take part in. Caspian was lucky to be apart of Mand'alor's entourage throughout his campaign alongside the Conqueror.

"Future generations of our people will look back fondly at your conquest Mand'alor, the Rise of the Iron Wolf will be known as the start of our renewed dominance in the galaxy." Caspian said sitting down on the ship. While he wasn't as massive as Ra he still somewhat close especially in armor. While the pilots ran a pre flight systems check and ran diagnostics as part of standard procedure, he listened. Once Ra told them they were going to Azure then Caspian quickly pulled up on his armor's connection to the holonet and its built in datapad information on the system. He briefly familiarized himself with the reports of what were going on there currently, and perhaps any other information he may need to provide or know for the trip.

Due to his upbringing Caspian made it a point to be prepared his grandfather ensured that through his training. Only a fool walks blindly into anything without the correct intelligence ahead of time. It certainly didn't make you brave or strong, only painting you as the fool.

Allies: Mandalorian Clans, [member="Ayriss Kelish"], [member="Lyth Meran"]
Enemies: N/A
Objective: Ask for terms in rebuilding the abandoned base

Now that she knew for sure that the lightsaber she found was Siri Tachi's, and that she otherwise found not much of a difference between her current lightsaber and that one, other than cosmetic differences, she was at liberty of contacting the Mandalorian government. She may be the acting alor'ad of the Lok clan, but Clan Lok wasn't sitting on the Alor'e council so she couldn't make a decision that would bind the faction with her regarding the reconstruction of the base on Azure. She thus proceeds to write to the Mand'alor about the situation on Azure.

---------------------------

ATTN: [member="Ra Vizsla"]

While searching for a Force artifact on Azure, I found an abandoned centuries-old, Clone Wars-era even, Republican base. Unfortunately I do not think I have the authority to effect a reconstruction of the base because Clan Lok isn't sitting on the Alor'e council. Knowing however that the Mand'alor can countersign a decision to rebuild an abandoned base, so that defensive fighter squadrons could be stationed on Azure for defense of the spacelanes. Due to the nature of Azure as a rogue planet, it would be preferrable, nay, mandatory for the fighters stationed on Azure to be hyperdrive-equipped. I request instructions regarding the reconstruction of the Azure base. Over.

Dr. Cathul Thuku
Acting alor'ad, Clan Lok

---------------------------

Titan

[member="Darth Banshee"]

"Good the pirates are in space." Titan sent back to Banshee, "Send in your droids if the pirates attack anyone. Or attempt to destroy the mine." The latter was highly improbable, after all if the pirates didn't destroy the mine they could keep coming back for more. But it paid to be prepared. "Once they take off, get up here as fast as you can so that we can board the ship." Titan then switched the the comm's send button off and told his men to use ion weapons. It would be very easy then, the gravity well was up, if they attempted to jump they would be violently ripped out after they started. Damaging thier hyperdrive. The pirates were also outmanned and outgunned there was no escape.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Davon roared as he charged forth. Great broad shoulders clad in iron, his his full plate and powered endoskeleton was fitted so well it moved with ease. His tough old rifle would survive being tossed aside, his notched and worn beskad would survive another fight.

An overhead chop came down and the curved blade caught a blaster rifle. Just because it was sharp beskar, did not mean it could cut a durasteel blaster in two. However it still snatched the weapon from his opponent's hands and rendered in inoperable.

"Quick!" Davon called, recognising what was happening. Those that had met them on battle were the vanguard. A brilliant spark of light showed that behind them their allies were sealing the doors.

They were enemies, the group that called themselves "Death Watch" and attacked Mandlore itself had mostly fallen in line under Ra's crusade. Yet they still continued small acts of defiance. They had taken much from Davon. Too much. Left him feeling hollow inside. An emptiness he would never fill.

Karr stepped aside as a blade hissed through the air, snapping his blade around to strike the back of the neck. Always a weak spot, unless one wanted to forgo the ability to shoot a rifle from a prone position. Something few soldiers would give up. Bone and muscle gave way easily beneath his curved blade.

They died to buy their comrades time. Davon and his group were too slow, the doors ahead already sealed. The last two defenders fighting to the last. An enemy he despised with his very being, but that did not prevent respect from growing.

Mia's blade worked frantically keeping guns and blades at bay and dealing crippling blows where she could. Side by side with [member="Davon Karr"] they carved their way through them frustration reaching close to boiling point as the last fell. An angry breath shot out of her nose as her t-visor turned to settle her gaze on Davon.

"They will have sealed the other entrances before we get to them." She moved to the door, examining the seal that had been made, her beskar hand running down the still hot welding. The blink of a camera light caught her eye and she glanced at it briefly before disabling it with a shot from her bolter. "A facility like this has a air filtration system. Plenty of air ducts for us to get through but there's no garuntee they will not narrow at points we can't pass though. Alternatively I can play human plasma cutter."

[member="Davon Karr"]

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Davon looked to a nearby air duct and back to the door. The weld was still cooling, gradually turning from deep orange to a dull red. He didn't fancy their chances going through the ducts, nor did he like the notion of having Mia burn up much more air.

"We do both," Davon replied. He signalled one of the Karr's with a scatterblaster. "Get into the duct and wait for my signal."

Mandalor's Death retrieved his heavy rifle and took up position behind the door. He loaded another cryoban grenade.

"As soon as he's in position, cut it," he said to Mia.

---

"Is there any way to accelerate the process?" Brecka asked. The swirling green fluid was almost hypnotic. He found himself stood beside the tank, starring into it with unfocused eyes.

"Not without leaving it brain dead," came the reply.

"Damnit," Brecka groaned. "Everyone who isn't required to complete it go and hold them off. Take a hostage with you and try and get them negotiating. We need time."

"Yes sir."

"Time for you," Brecka sighed, looking into the sleeping face of their manufactured Mandalor.

People: [member="Briika Tor"], [member="3X744"]

Lok was having the time of his life right here on Velmor. It was probably why he was addictive and loved consuming spice. All because it allowed him to be happy and not worry about what was going on in his life, and just focus solely on him. Were there other healthy alternatives? Maybe, but this was by far the most efficient one out of the rest. All it took was a couple of puffs and just like that he didn't had to worry about the Galaxy and whatever current events were affecting him.

Because of this he didn't know how much time had passed since his departure of the camp group. Did he care? Nope, he didn't because the drug amused him to not worry about any bring and just before Bree or anyone could think about searching off to find the youngster, he'd be back in a normal state and be with the cadets and his could be, future stepmother. Or so he thought. He didn't know that the woman that his adopted father was having a romantic interest in was out looking for the Munin boy as it had passed quite a lot of time since he left to do some minor "exploring" of his.

All Lok could do was continue doing what he had been since he consumed the spice and wait until the symptoms wore off.

Most of Mia's skill with fire was based around attack, fire hot enough to sear skin but nothing more. Using it to melt a weld required a level of control and precision she had not yet tested. All her skills and knowledge were born from a whipid whose power granted him the ability to ransack world with a force storm. If he could do that, then what was a door to her?

Fire danced in her palm and she closed her eyes, focusing on it and encouraging it, it slowly began to turn blue the colour reflected eerily off her visor. "In position." Came the call of one of Karr's clan. The fire in her hand shifted again, tightening into a fast moving cylinder, it grew at her command, elongating to the thickness of the door she pressed it against the seal of the door she watched the seal turn from silver back to red.

Not hot enough. She increased the heat again, tightening the fires movement till it roared like a torch. She blinked sweat out of her and worked meticulously, as the weld began to turn white, using small blasts in the force to clear it from the door. She moved quickly, the fresh heat of the weld moving down the door before even the torch reached it, making the work easier.

Reaching the last inch, she wedged her fingers into the gap and pushed. Two of the group jumped forward as she made the gap big enough, pulling the doors open. Mia slid into the gap, placing her back against one half and feet on the other.

"Go!"

Her legs trembled slightly as the doors tried to squeeze shut again.

[member="Davon Karr"]

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Stay still Mia," Davon called. A moment later a smart grenades wooshed past her and into the corridor beyond. It detonated in the air at the apex of the next set of corridors. It did little damage, but kept the defender's heads down.

The rifle never left his shoulder as he advanced up to the doors as soon as men were in position on the other side. Blaster fire rang out as his man in the vent and the point men engaged the enemy.

He smartly shouldered his rifle before wedging one ankle into one door and taking the other with both hands. Great sacks of muscles combined with the powered ferrocarbon endoskeleton to force them wide again.

"Put a bolt in the controls on the other side," he grunted.

Before Mia could move there was a scream and the blaster fire suddenly ceased. They'd brought forwards a hostage.

Mia froze hand halfway to pulling her bolter free, eyes settling on the terrified hostage, eyes wide and frantic, breathing so erratic he was clearly on the verge of having a panic attack.

A tension rose between all of them, Davon's men adjusted the grip on their weapons unsure for a moment of what to do. Mia could see only one way through this that would benefit them in anyway.

She tugged her bolter free, and shot the hostage.

The bolter sheared through his should no doubt shattering his collar bone. What ever damage she had done he would recover from. The Bol slammed into the dar'manda behind and the hostage dropped to the ground.

Blaster fire exploded again and Mia rolled from her wedged position, shooting the door controls and seizing them open allowing Davon and the others through to engage.

[member="Davon Karr"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Velmor; Tol Velmoc Mountains
Camping with Munin Clan cadets
[member="Lok Munin"] [member="3X744"]
Gear in bio
(6)
---

Briika had initially activated the HUD's scanners in her buy'ce, but it didn't take special equipment to find the teenage Munin in short order. Well first there was the laughter and giggle snorts coming from behind a close cropping of trees, then the smell, a distinct aroma that could only be one thing… Yes, the medic had turned off her helmet's air filter in order to breath in the fresh mountain air as she made her hike earlier. Though now, it was enabled and filtering thank the Manda.

The conversation Lok was having with himself was, well… too funny, if the situation wasn't a serious matter; something about the pretty rainbows. Gods Vilaz would have a cow about this… and that was just it. Briika wasn't any too happy herself, but how to handle this so the young man would learn from it and also allow them to bond more. Hmm…

Stopping a few feet away from the boy, Briika slung the rifle in her hands up on her armored shoulder, then crossed both arms across the chest plate of her besker'gam. "Seems you are having quite the little adventure here, Lok. One I'm sure your buir would not approve of, nor I to be frank," she said in a neutral tone yet meaningful.

"We will discuss the consequences of your actions later when you are sober. For now though, you can start earning my trust again by giving me all of your stash and lighter," Bree said, extending her hand outward palm up.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Davon growled as he stepped through. Rather than take the time to reach his rifle, his left hand snatched the hatchet from his belt and flung it hard. The back of the head struck the helmet of a retreating soldier. Beskar did altogether nothing to prevent concussion from a sudden acceleration.

He strode forwards, shouldering his rifle once more as he advanced past the wounded hostage. Planting his feet firmly, he stood protectively over him.

"Medevac the hostage, now." He fired more shots after the retreating soldiers. There couldn't be many left now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom