Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Destiny 2: Season of the Drifter

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jumped back into Destiny today for Season 6. Got to try out the new game modes, Reckoning and Gambit Prime. Thusly,

Gambit Prime: - It was fun enough that I played five games. Sadly, I played with randoms and, (since it's brand new today,) nobody had the Four Designated Roles armor sets yet. But it was still fun. Adds had tons of health, goblins cast invulnerable shields, and you die just as fast too. Sadly, I hated how long it took to DPS the Primeval Boss. Usually three whole waves. Meanwhile, the invader from the other team can seriously ruin your progress. Adding huge amounts of heath back to the boss when he gets kills. Also, the 3rd Envoy drops his damage well in really stupid places. Either too close to the Prime or too far away.

Final Thoughts: - 9/10. With the Four Designated Roles armor sets and a good solid team of friends, I can see this being a blast. Just remember Rule 1: Don't get killed by the invader. Alright, alright, alright.

Reckoning: - I actually did this Public Event inside the Drifter's Spaceship just once. It was crazy confusing, the level design was wacko, the adds kept coming in swarms of dozens, and you have to jump into huge pits to teleport around the continent. So weird. And all I got for loot after killing the Champion and winning the event was a Blue Uncommon. Bug maybe?

Final Thoughts: - 8/10. Read the world buffs and bring a gun for add spam. I had Breakneck and Thunderlord and did just fine. Here's hoping Tier 2 and 3 are harder than Tier 1.

[member="CSJ"]

Having just come off of a few hours with the Clan, I'm going to have to concur with you on this.

Gambit Prime is hilariously fun and really let's each of those roles shine through. I'm primarily an Invader, so eating the enemy invader and diving through the portal for a quick double was my bread and butter for the round. Even in its infancy, I can start to see how ridiculously fun the full power armor sets are going to be, especially when Invaders start draining the banks.

Reckoning Tier 1 was exactly what it was intended to be - mindless fun. I threw on Skull of Dire Ahamsandwich and was getting back my super every two seconds. I don't think the difficulty will scale too high even at Tier 3, as it's basically the season's Blind Well. I feel the real difficulty is going to come when we're going up against full powered armorsets in Prime.

All in all, it's super fun all around. It's much more dynamic and engaging than throwing bombs at a Forge, and I can see myself sinking a solid chunk of time into getting a full powered Invader set. 8/10, would play over Anthem frying my console.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Darth Metus"]

Did you get any rewards from the Reckoning mode? I had a Sentry Mote in my inventory but didn't get any armor when I touched the Bank thing? Lulz. :p

Nevermind. I joined an event in progress. I guess you need to drop the mote into the Bank at the beginning of the event. Not the end. Lulz.

And yeah. My first Forge was day one at like 600 power. That was before they dropped the Light Level on the first forge and everybody was getting wiped by the adds in seconds. Bleh. I never took to the Forge mode much since. Still haven't gotten my Galliard 42 X4000 yet either. Poo.

[member="CSJ"]

My clanmates are infinitely more try hard than me, so I was fortunate enough to get carried through Volundr. I had to make it up to them with a lot of crucible. A lot.

Honestly, given that the Drifter has the power surge bounties you should go back to the Forges. The Weapons themselves are very solid. I swear by the Heavy Machine Gun and the Hand Cannon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom