Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Destination Unknown (all welcome)

As the ship gave a slight lurch a body stumbled into Tharn nearly knocking him off balance. Annoyed the Trandoshan grabbed the other slave, one hand on a shoulder the other cupping a jaw, he beared his teeth and growled. Tharn couldn't see if his intimidation had any impact. He couldn't even tell if the other slave was male or female or even of what species. The ships compartment that housed him and the other slaves was dark but that didn't stop Trandoshan eyes. It was the air that blocked his vision, thick with steam from sweat, excrement and heat. Tharns hand instinctively went to the pod on his back.

"Safe" Tharn muttered to no one in particular.

Tharns eyes darted around the room. He couldn't make out the details of how many others were in the ships compartment, only that they were there. Of course the occasional sobs, whines, and coughs gave all the others away as well. A child broke into a cry nearby and Tharns heart sank.

"The scorekeeper does not see this place" he thought to himself.

Tharn turned his attention back to the compartment. It was large, metallic, filthy. The floor was solid, metal with vents to allow excrement to flow underneath as the slaves soiled themselves. It made for uncomfortable seating and even worse sleeping. The walls were without windows, made of plain metal stained from years of use as a holding tank for slaves. On the ceiling he could just make out a sealed opening. The same one a slave droid had tossed him through earlier.

Tharn couldn't estimate what time of day it was. He couldn't even figure out how long he had been there. Without the stars, or the sky time seemed to meld together. The only routine in the compartment was feeding time, and he had lost count of those many days ago.

"Where are they taking us", his mind wondered, "Who are these slaver" and most importantly, "What is going to be our fate"

The ship lurched again and Tharn found a place to crouch to avoid falling over. Tharn could make out the outlines of another slave crouching nearby, likely with the same intent of not falling over. The other must have sensed his gaze and spoke.

"Do you know who weve been sold to?" The other asked in a raspy and creaked female voice.

Tharn regarded the other slave more closely and replied "No" his voice the guttural sound expected from his species. The female moved closer to put an arm on his shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"Weve been sold to the Graug".

Tharn had no idea what she was talking about but he examined the female more closely. She was a Twi'lek, old but not so ancient as to be helpless. Tharn couldnt make out the color of her skin but he could see wisdom behind her wrinkled eyes. Tharns hunter instincts told him that this person was a survivor, helpless but at the same time dangerous. Tharn was surprised, his father had always told him that twileks made the easiest pray and were only useful for the price thier females fetch at auction, yet here was this old crone making the big Trandoshan wonder if his father had been wrong.

"Whats a Graug?" The big Trendoshan asked.

"You dont know of the Graug?" The old Twilek cackled at him amused. "Dont worry, you stick with me ill keep you and your precious cargo alive" the crone said smiling as she gestured to the pod on his back.

The ship lurched again and Tharn felt as though it had begun to descend, but he couldn't be sure. As the two sat in silence Tharn wondered what his life debt had gotten him into.

A yellow light began to flash in the corner of of thought. It was feeding time. On first being sealed in the compartment Tharn had estimated that feeding time occurred about once a day. The yellow light would flash before turning green at which point a duct would open and spill an assortment of dried and rotten food into the compartment. What ensued after the food spilled into the compartment could only be described as pure savagery as each slave fought for a share of the limited sustenance. Tharn had often eaten his fill but more then once he had gone hungry when a stronger slave had knocked him down and taken his share. Tharn was strong but there were a few slaves among the group that were stronger still, one of the Wookies for example. Still there was more to surviving then just raw strength and Tharn had found it more efficient to speedily grab what he could and retreat to a safe corner to eat. This time was no different, the light turned green signalling the arrival of food, Tharn rushed in and grabbed a piece of stale bread and backed off to a corner to watch the fray.

In the glow of the green light Tharn saw a flurry of bodies, biting, kicking and thrashing for a morsel of food. A young human woman with a child of four or five trailing behind her meekly approached a human male her, eyes and hands pleading for one of the many morsels the man had hoarded. The man shouted something in a language Tharn didnt understand and shoved the woman violently away. She landed at Tharns feet, her child scampering worriedly after her. She looked up at Tharn and for a moment their eyes met. Tharn saw fear and desperation in her face. Tharn thought for a moment then without a word dropped his bread in her lap and walked away.

"Why did you do that Tharn?", the old Twi'lek approached the Trendoshan, her own mouth still chewing what she had managed to squander. "You think you did her a kindness? Not only have you prolonged her suffering but at the same time you have now weakened yourself and made it less likely you will survive... Thats lesson one my friend". The old crone smiled at Tharn continued chewing.

On some level what the old woman said made sense, Tharn thought. Her words reminded him of some of the lessons he had learned from his father. A hunter by definition cannot have mercy for its prey. Even the wisdom he had learned from his time as a farmer echoed the same sentiment: the sick animals in a herd had to be culled on occasion to save food for the strong. But there was something missing from the old crones argument, Tharn just couldn't see what it was.

Tharn was so lost in thought he didn't even notice that the old Twilek had called him by name.

Ravona, a Twi'lek female, merely observed all the chaos and suffering with emotionless golden eyes. She seemed unaffected by all the anguish surrounding her. She stood out of the crowd of slaves. Others cowered, were beaten down, broken, but Ravona held her head high with a straight posture. She was strong willed, and she was going to escape this hellish ship, or die trying.

She was bumped and jostled in her corner nook, but she merely shoved the creatures away. They were beneath her, pathetic broken slaves weren't worth her compassion. Only the strong would survive here. The woman who got the hand out from the male, she was going to die. She couldn't even defend herself, much less her children. The question was, would the mothee die first, or the kids? A smirk graced Ravona's lips. "Pathetic..."

[member="AshleePerson"]

Seeing Tharn thinking hard about what she had said, the old woman continued. “Whatever you believe in my friend wether its nature, or the force or the scorekeeper, or whatever we have all been made unequal. Some have more some have less. It is right that the better have more than the worse, the powerful more than the weaker and it doesn’t matter if you are one man or an animal, or an entire race or city, justice demands that the superior rule over and have more then the inferior”.*
Tharn gave the old woman a curious look as he realized that there was a lot more to her then he had first realized. “Look over there my friend, what do you see?”, The old woman continued gesturing to a blue skinned Twi’lek woman standing alone on one side of the compartment.
Tharn gave the Twi’lek a look. She stood straight, proud, strong, unmoved, as though she was here because she chose to be. Just like Tharn. The slaves in her vicinity averted their gaze when passing her and gave her a wide berth. Looking at the Twi’lek the old woman's words rang true in Tharns ears. By virtue of the strength of her bearing alone this blue skinned Twi’lek was more than the others and as such would deserve more, would have more, would take more and would want more. Tharn made mental note of the blue skinned Twi’lek, he was going to make it a point to speak to her.

A commotion from Above interrupeted the Trandoshans thoughts and he heard voices chattering back and forth urgently, although he could not make out what was being said.

“It would appear we are not to be slave fodder for the Graug after all my friend?” The old woman laughed slightly as she found something to hold on to. How can this old crones hearing be better then mine Tharn wondered to himself.

"What did you hear?" Tharn began to ask her but his question was interrupted by the sound of sirens. The green light that indicated feeding time, flashed and changed to red. Tharn looked around the compartment and made eye contact with the blue skinned twilek.

Her gaze met the Trandoshians, and her eyes narrowed. She didn't like people on the best of days, and seeing a male watching her on a slave ship was setting off all kinds of alsrm bells, yet she knew she needed a friend in this place.

So with that, she left her corner. She moved with a dancers grace, a sway in her hips, an alluring movement, but people could still tell she was deadly.

Upon reaching the Trandoshian she crossed her arms, staring up as the alien. "What are you staring at? Need I rip out your eyeballs and see if they regenerate?" Her tone was dark, yet she was testing him, seeing how he reacted.

[member="AshleePerson"]

Tharn put his hands on his hips as he and the Twi'lek held each others gaze. He was considerably taller then her but there is more to presence then physical size. the Twi'leks demeanour and body language carved a wide berth around her and confirmed Tharn's earlier hypothesis that this individual was a slave only in name, just like him. The situation was tense and the now red light of the compartment added to the ominous mood.

Tharn had met aggression often having lived much of his life among non-Trandoshans. His usual response was to be either equally aggressive or be completely stoic and remain unmoved. Part of him wanted to tell the Twi'lek to bite her tongue and go back to her corner, but Tharn did not want to waste a potential ally or worse create an unnecessary enemy. Besides the old Twi'lek crone standing next to him had proven that there was more her then met the eye, perhaps this younger one would do the same.

"That will not be necessary", the Trandoshan said with a hint of a smile, "I am Tharn". Tharn broke eye contact, thumped his chest lightly with his fist and gave the Twi'lek a respectful nod. "You stand out in this place, because like myself you have the bearing of a hunter". The Trendoshan resumed his previous pose, hands on his hips and waited for the Twi'lek to respond.

A slight smile appeared on her lips, and she chuckled, her face and body language becoming less aggresive, if only toward him. "I am Ravona." She nodded her head, the smile never leaving her lips.

He had passed her little test. Angry outbursts at the merest confrontation wouldn't be tolerated. She was on this ship for a stupid reason. She was caught in a drug induced stupor, and taken on board. Stupidity on her part. Sheer stupidity.

"You are different than the rest. Hardened, yet with enough heart to give away food. Yoy stand out. A good ally if I ever saw one. If we are to get out of here, we need each other, yes?" She glanced over at the food dispenser. "Maybe through there."

"Yes" Tharn nodded. He had originally ruled out the food dispenser as an option of escape because he was too large to fit through and the other slaves including the old woman too frail to climb through. Ravona however was neither and she was not likely to get caught in the process of freeing them either.

"Im too large to fit through. I can help you get up there but the rest will be up to you" The Trandoshan explained. "If you find a control panel you may be able to open that access hatch". The Trandoshan pointed to the main access hatch that they had all been tossed through shortly after boarding the slave ship.

Meanwhile in a not too distant ship an intense conversation was being held over the comm

"Zyggerian slavers this is Jedi Knight Avec Tron. Not only are you carrying slaves you are smuggling a Sith spy. Surrender immediately, I promise you will be treated with leniancy". As he finished his order to the slavers Avec Tron sat down and waited patiently. He was a tall broad shouldered Zabrak, with pale blue eyes and a strong jaw. Avec was nothing if he wasnt by the book.

"You honestly think that will work?" a bored female voice chimed in from across the bridge. "Well no.. not really", Avec replied somewhat defensively. "Then why are you bothering Avec and why did you just give our mission away? Oh nevermind". Mara Queel chimed at her companion. Mara Queel was the opposite of her companion. Female, human, black hair and very very un-excitable. "What is the status of the scan?", Mara boredly asked a nearby soldier at a console.

"No luck yet Jedi Knight Mara Queel, theyve retreated deeper into the cover of the gas giant, maam!" a soldier shot back stiffly. "Ummm.. thank you... let us know as soon as you find something... and relax" she responded with an eyebrow raised. "Yes Maam!", the soldier replied as he fought off the urge to salute.

"Anyways, cmon Avec we need to go check in and explain why we havnt found the Star Orphan yet", Mara got up to retreat to the frigates comms room. "Not yet Mara we still have three minutes". Mara cracked a half smile and the two knights exchanged a few more quipps at each others expense before heading to the comms room of the frigate.

"Upon my arrival here they confiscated my saber. We will need to get that back along with a weapon for you after that hatch is open, and we need to find them quickly." She carrys a saber, yet doesn't act like a Jedi. She has the manner of a Sith, but doesn't appear to have the bloddthirsty, powerhungry attitude they have. She glanced back up at the panel.

"If I can't hack the controls to open it, I'll sneak around till I find my saber, and cut it open afterwards. This will set off alarms, and then the people will be all over us, looking for blood. Our escape will habe to be then, or we will face death, or worse. Who knows." She turned her back to the male, making her way through where the food came out of, shoving other people out of the way.

"Move... Karking idiot" She mumbled in several languages under her breath, annoyance obvious in her mannerisms. "Rather kill thrm all..."

Aboard the Jedi Frigate

"Jedi Knight Mara Queel, Maam!", Mara groaned in her cot and shook off sleep annoyed at the interruption "What is it?" she said flatly, hoping to go back to her nap as quickly as possible. "Maam, the slavers have left thier hiding place in the gas giant they are making a run for it. Jedi Knight Avec is already up here.". "Are you kidding me?" Mara said without raising her voice but clearly annoyed. "Sorry Maam!" the soldier replied and Mara swore she could hear him salute through the comm channel. "Im coming" she finished.

"Set speed 8, intercept at coordinates.." Avec was already planning the assault when Mara reached the bridge. "Oooh Mara! You wont believe this! That is an Aurore Mark IX Zyggerian freighter. Max crew 12.. and get this we have over 100 lifeforms aboard." Avec chirped excitedly at Mara as she reached the viewscreen. "Why is that so exciting Avec?" Mara asked him her voice slightly annoyed. "What, come on Jedi. Get excited. 100 lifeforms minus 12 crew equals.." Avec paused for effect "88 slaves!! This is a huge haul Mara! This is what we became Jedi for!". Mara yawned. "Alright Avec, ill go get the assault ship prepped".

"Umm actually Mara, my teamis already down there all briefed, Im all ready, I've got my sabre, my lucky boots, and you look like you need a Jawa Juice. I got this" Avec didnt even wait for Mara to respond and was already on his way to the assault craft. "Whatever" Mara finished as she took over the bridge. "Captain let me know when the Star Orphan is in tractor range".

Aboard the Star Orphan

Tharn grabbed the old Twi'lek crone, threw her over his shoulder and chased after Ravona. "Something is wrong" Tharn thought to himself but he couldn't figure out what it was so the Trandoshan decided to stick to the plan. He helped Ravona to reach the access chute for the food as they had planned and helped her up. Ravona began her slow ascent and Tharn waited in the slave compartment.

Something was still bugging the big Trandoshan. He set the old Twi'lek down beside him and paused to gather his thoughts. Tharn felt a strange feeling at the back of his mind, like a weight pressing on his thoughts and worse yet, it was growing. Tharn glanced at the old Twi'lek and saw that she was grinning at him.

The Trandoshans' musings were interrupted by a commotion above. He looked up to see the access hatch fully open, light shone through almost blinding him with its intensity. How did Ravona act so quickly he instantly thought. But it wasn't the blue skinned Twi'lek who had opened the hatch. A Zyggerian head peeked over the edge, followed by the faces of three Trandoshans. "Our captors were Trandoshans?" Tharn asked no one in particular. "It would appear so" the old Twi'lek replied. The three Trandoshan slavers brandished heavy blaster carbines and the fourth Zyggarian carried a blaster pistol and a strange whip. Without warning the group jumped into the slave compartment and the access hatch closed behind them before Tharn could react.

The sudden return to total darkness blinded all in the compartment, even Tharn. Somehow however he knew where the four interlopers had taken up their positions. The feeling in the back of his head returned in a tidal wave of sensation and for an instant Tharn had a lucid image in his mind of a glowing circle engrained on the wall behind him. The old Twi'lek woman squeezed his arm in alarm and Tharn spun around to stare at the wall he had crouched next to just days before. At first there was nothing, just a plain wall and then a single corner began to glow orange. The glow moved in a perfect circle and the image that had flashed through Tharns mind moments before began to take shape in reality. The glowing circle grew brighter then exploded outwards spewing debris and shrapnel all over the compartment. A Jedi and his strike team were upon them.

Blaster and carbine fire exploded around him and the room lit up with the screams of the dying. "The Trandoshans are pretending to be slaves" someone shouted. Tharns eyes met those of a Zabrak standing within the now vacant circle. "Slaver Scum!" the Jedi shouted as he ignited his light-sabre and leapt towards Tharn. The world slowed around Tharn and he saw and felt everything: the terror of the slaves dying around him, the hatred of the jedi mid-air his light-sabre poised to end Tharns life, the relentless conviction of the slavers as they mowed down anyone and anything, Ravona above in the food shaft free of the carnage, the ship in flight, the planet, the galaxy, it was all there.

It was the old Twi'lek woman who finally broke Tharns trance. "There will be time for those later my friend" she muttered. In a single motion she kicked Tharns legs from under him sending the large Trandoshan falling backwards to the grated floor. As Tharn landed he saw the Jedi's blue blade impale the space which he had previously occupied. The same kick that had landed Tharn continued forward and caught the Jedi square in the chest and the old Twi'lek rolled forward close enough to give the Jedi a kiss. What ensued afterwords could only be descirbed as a dance. The jedi attempted to swing his lightsabre and give himself room to maneuvre but the old crone was so close she easily deflected any motion he made without even getting close to the blade. She was a flurry of elbows , knees , headbutts and spins. The zabrak tried to use the strength of his freehand to push her away and she responded with a kick to his shins. He brought his blade up high and she came in fast elbowing him in the face. He tried to leap away and she grabbed his robe and pulled him close again. The old Twi'lek stopped as Tharn got to his feet. The Jedi's back was turned to him and his entire focus was on the old woman. Some distance had been created between the two fighters and Tharn realized that the old womans advantage had vanished. The Zabrak made a motion to throw his lightsabre but Tharn rushed forward and caught his hand in a death grip. Then Tharn wrapped his free arm around the Zabraks neck and squeezed until the Jedi fell unconscious.

"Well done Tharn" The old woman stated casually.

Ravona got to flat ground, the walkway above the food shaft, before everything started to happen. She felt it befpre she heard it. The torror, death, and pain of the slaves hit her mind like a tidal wave. "Ahhh!" She dropped to her knees, clutching her head in pain.

"Too much..." Things started to shake around her, including the panel keeping the slaves trapped. "Shut up shut up shut up..." The panel blasted inwards, opening the inner compartment to the light. Ravona however, stayed on her knees, hands clutching her head.

She wasn't trained enough to clock out the mental anguish, and in her current emotional state, it was amplified ten fold. It was encompassing her entire being, and it wasn't letting go. The force swirled around her in a dangerous maelstrom of activity, flinging away anyone who came near her.

Tharn looked around the aftermath of the battle. Of the four slavers only the Zyggeryian was still breathing but was in relatively rough shape. Tharn guessed that the man would survive provided none of the slaves decided to throttle him while he was down. As he walked by the Zyggerian, Tharn reached down and picked up his electro-whip. Of the strike team that had come through with the Jedi all lay dead or dying. Tharn counted twelve soldiers, the Jedi had come prepared but the slavers had clearly surprised him with their trap in the slave compartment. Of the slaves a full half had died in the fighting. Tharn saw that while most had wounds consistent with the carbines used by the slaver a great many also had blaster marks from the strike teams weapons. Even as professional soldiers, once panic set in they forgot why they had come here in the first place. The remaining slaves mulled about in a haze, clearly unsure of what to do next. Some had picked up fallen weapons but held them with uncertainty. Tharn shook his head.

The old Twi'lek woman had found a pair of stun cuffs on one of the soldiers and promptly strapped them on to the still unconscious Jedi. She had also disarmed the jedi of his ligthsabre which now hung at her side. Tharn approached the pair and noticed something making noise in the Jedi's pocket. He pulled it out. A communicator and someone was calling.

"Avec, what are you doing? Why arnt you picking up?" a female voice asked over the comm.

Tharn pushed a button and greeted the woman with his gutteral voice "Hello".

"Who is this?" The female voice asked.

"I am Tharn", Tharn replied shrugging at the old Twilek as he couldnt figure out what else to say.

"Put Avec on the line", the female instructed.

"Ummm" Tharn held the communicator next to the Jedi and gave him a poke with one of his fingers. The jedi groaned.

"Listen you slaver scum" the female on the other end had clearly become excited, "I am Jedi Knight Mara Quees, you will return my companion and his people to me at once"

"Why do these Jedi all think I am a slaver" Tharn asked no one in particular. He looked to the old Twilek for a moment. She shrugged her shoulders. Not bothering to respond to Mara, Tharn tucked the communicator into his rags.

"We need to get out of here" he stated. Tharn threw the unconscious Jedi over his shoulder and the pair headed for the open access hatch.

"It would appear Ravona was successful" The old Twilek claimed as the pair looked up. There was a large commotion coming from the open hatch, as if a storm were occurring inside the ship.

"It looks like a hull breach, are we venting atmosphere?" The Trandoshan said looking into the opening. "Ravona?!" He called once. "We may have to find another way out of here" the old woman said pointing to the Jedi's assault craft.

"That would mean leaving Ravona behind"

Confusion. Pain. Other force users. Everything was stirring the force storm that Ravona was now the center of. The Jedi was close. Someone below was attuned to the force. People have died. People in pain.

"No!!" The storm stopped suddenly, leaving Ravona on her knees panting heavily. Her head hurt immensely. "No more spice... Messes with me too much..." She refused to believe that her attunement to the force may be getting stronger. She refused.

After standing tentatively, she made her way to the hatch she blew open, looking for her ally. The storm destroyed most of the lighting in this area, so she was having difficulty seeing in the dark.

"Tharn? Where are you? The Jedi are here... We need to get our weapons and get out of here before nore show up..." Her voice called softly into the darkness, her hand trailing the wall beside her as a guide.

As the lights in the compartment flickered one of the slaves holding a carbine panicked and pulled his trigger. Another slave panicked at the first slaves gunshots and began firing wildly in the air. Within moments weapons were being discharged throughout the room. Tharn and the old Twi'lek woman both dived for cover.

"Stop!" Tharn yelled his voice echoing throughout the compartment. Everyone stopped almost at once, snapped out of their panic by a voice of reason.

Tharn, using his Trandoshan vision crawled to the nearest slave and snatched his weapon from him. He pulled out the weapons glowing power cell and held it high in the air. Miraculously no-one else had died, apparently shooting wildly in the air is harmless after all.

"Oops" Tharn heard one of the slaves mutter sheepishly.

The old woman got up from her crouched position. "None of us are trained with weapons, bring your weapons here so my friend can ensure they are on a safe setting" she said addressing the group.

Most of the slaves obliged, recognizing the old Twi'lek woman as one of their own. A large wookie standing in the corner stubbornly refused. "You will bring me your weapon now" the old woman commanded making a strange gesture with her hand. To Tharns surprise the Wookie obliged.

"I suggest you take this opportunity to disarm our guests. The last thing we want is for one of these simpletons to kill each other.. or us." The old woman whispered to Tharn. The Trandoshan nodded and as each of the slaves lined up with their weapons in front of him. Tharn set the weapons all to "safe" and discreetly broke the fire control mechanisms off each weapon so they were stuck in that position.

Hearing Ravona's voice above Tharn tossed the glowing power cell through the open hatch above. "Ravona, is there anything we can use to climb up?" he shouted. Moments later a wire ladder came tumbling down to the slave compartment. Not wanting to leave a dangerous adversary unattended Tharn hoisted the still unconscious Jedi over his shoulders and climbed up the ladder, the old woman followed close behind. To Tharns surprise none of the slaves chose to follow them. Just like livestock they were more comfortable with the uncertainty of the place they knew as opposed to the risks that were inherent in following Tharn and his companions. Tharn felt disdain growing inside him, even with freedom at their fingertips they wanted someone else to make the decision of leaving for them. Somone to rescue them from thier fate. These were broken and cowed creatures he realized, even with their shackles gone they were bound to their fate by fear.

Atop the ladder Tharn spied Ravona standing near the glowing power cell he had tossed up earlier. "Thank you" Tharn said to the blue skinned Twi'lek as he gave her a friendly nod. She looked like she had been through a strom. Tharn felt guilt rise up in him. The old woman had suggested they escape in the Jedi assault craft and Tharn had considered the option, even though it meant abandoning their ally to the waiting Jedi warship poised nearby.

"Lets head to the bridge". The old woman said. The group moved silently to the fore-section of the ship with Tharn still carrying Jedi Kngiht Avec thrown over his shoulder like a bag of flour. Tharn spied numerous compartments and hatches as they made their way forward they didn't have time to stop and check them all. There was still another Jedi to deal with, any remaining slavers or surprises would have to wait. The communicator in Tharns shirt began to beep again so Tharn pulled it out and hit the receive button.

"Tharn, this is Mara, you have not answered my request and I am growing impatient". The female Jedi's tone was very differnt then when he first heard her over the comm channel. When she had control and her friend was safe she was disengaged. Her tone had been, flat, bored even amused. Now it was full of frustration and anger.

Tharn considered how to answer the Jedi. Tell the truth? Likely to fail, both Jedi assumed he was a slaver and with the female agitated she would be difficult to reason with. Plead for reason? And throw himself at the mercy of the Jedi, unacceptable. Intimidation? Tharn did have some leverage.

The group reached the bridge and entered. The lights were on and everything seemed intact.. except the navigation computer. The old woman rushed forward to examine it.

"The slavers must have scuttled it to prevent their destination from being known.. clever beasts" the old woman said sounding impressed.

"No hyperspace?" Tharn asked.

"Oh we have hyperspace" the old woman said assessing the ships status,".. but the nav computer is stuck on a single destination. Csilla. In Chiss space" The old woman replied as she began spooling up the hyper-drive.

"You might fit in" Tharn said joking with the blue skinned Twilek.

"Sensors show we have no movement, but engines are at full" the old woman stated.

A voice over the comm channel interrupted the groups exchange "Listen You Slaver Kung!, You are trapped in MY tractor beam, and I will blow you sky high before I let you escape with my friend!" The voice almost screamed at Tharn through the comm.

Intimidation it is, Tharn decided.

"This Jedi Avec is precious to you" Tharn stated over the comm. "You will not harm him, I however.." Tharn dumped the unconscious Jedi to the floor and stepped on his hand with a clawed foot, "..will make him suffer before you reach his lifeless corpse". The still unconscious Jedi let out a faint whimper of pain.

Tharn could almost feel the Jedi fuming over comm channel. He waited... The ship lurched forward as it was freed from the Tractor beam. One of the Twileks hit the hyperspace lever and the empty space before them melted away in a flash of lights.

The excitement over, Tharn and the others breathed easier. The Old Twi'lek turned around smiling, but her smile quickly faded as she looked at Tharn. Perplexed the Trandoshan asked "Wha..?"

"The pod on your back. Its been damaged". The old woman stated pointing.

"What!" Tharn yelled as he lost all semblance of poise. He turned and cocked his head to have a look. As the Twi'lek said it was damaged and dripping the precious fluid required to keep its passenger alive. Tharn recognized the damage as a shot from a blaster. "Those Wretched Slaves! They did this!" The Trandoshan shouted in a rage as he looked for someone to blame. He pulled the Electro-whip from his side intending to head aft to sate his anger by inflicting pain. "They will never be free, I swear it!".

"Wait!" The old woman shouted. "Your agitation is increasing the fluid loss. You need to calm down Tharn. The Chiss are brilliant scientists they will be able to help"

She was right. The drip had become a steady stream, Tharn needed to calm down or his cargo wouldn't survive the trip to Csilla. But Tharn continued to panic as fear of losing the last of his ghrakhowsk (those who hold a Trandoshan life debt) dawned on him. His fear, turned to anger, his anger to rage. It was an endless cycle. The Trandoshan tried to breath to calm himself but to no avail. His failure further agitated him and he roared in anguish. If his ghrakhowsk died all this would have been for nothing.

She followed Tharn to the bridge,muttering under her breath the entirezzz time. She listened to the echange on the comm, rolling her eyes. "Stupid Schutta Jedi.."

She was starting to debate going to find her saber when Tharn got angry. Really angry. Watching him, she hovered toward the back of the cockpit, biting her lip, unsure. She thought for a second, before delving into the force, sending wave after wave of calming energy toward the angry Trandoshin. "It'll be ok... Just calm down dude..." She stayed near the door, just in case.

She also kept an eye on that damn Jedi on the floor. He would be waking up soon. And an awake Jedi is very dangerous. She didn't even like the idea of keeping the Jedi alive. Yet she trusted Tharns judgement on the matter, whether she liked it or not.

Tharn felt somthing wash over him just as the old Twi'lek walked up and struck him across the face, hard. The Trandoshan looked dazed for a moment then came to his senses his anger dissipated. The dripping from the pod on his back slowed.

"Sorry.." The Trandoshan said almost looking embarrassed as he glanced back at Ravona.

"Never apologize for what you are" The Old Twilek snapped"This will be a long trip. You two get some rest while you can, don't worry I will watch the Jedi"

Tharn was still concerned for the pod on his back and the precious cargo it carried but he nodded found a chair in the aft of the bridge. He sat down and dozed off almost immediately. He dreamt of happier times, the farm, and the farmers beautiful wife.

Ravona exited the cabin, but not to sleep. She started to search the ship top to bottom for her sabre. She found it, in the very back of the ship. "Good..." She went to the cargo hold and activated the unstable beam, giving it a few practice spins. The twin beams hissed through the air.

Tharn awoke to find the old twilek looking at him. While he slept she had fashioned a makeshift seal for the stasis pod on his back further slowing the leak from the damage it had sustained earlier. He wanted to thank her but before he could say anything. "Ive found a .. doctor who can help with your predicament" she started "but.. his price is quite high".

"What does he want?" Tharn asked.

"Him", the old woman pointed at the Jedi who was now concious but heavily bound in an uncomfortable position next to the old crone.

"You cant sell me!" Tharn expected the Jedi to say, but he remained silent. His only defiance rang out from his eyes in the glare he gave Tharn.

"I defeated you. You are my trophy" Tharn replied as he contemplated what needed to be done. . The fact that he had been a slave just moments ago made Tharn pause for a moment. A lack of freedom can be worse then death he realized. What could a doctor possible want with a Jedi Tharn wondered.

"If you are wondering what will happen to him, it will likely be a poor fate, the medical practitioner I located is an... odd one" The old Twilek chimed in the background as Tharns continued to think.

Selling the Jedi for his own gain would be slavery and slavers are reviled creatures. Tharn knew this and he understood it to be part of the reason he hesitated. Many Trandoshans fell naturally to slaving as it went hand in hand with their greatest passion: hunting. A trophy on a wall, a trophy in a cage or a trophy in credits, it was all the same to some of his kind. But Tharn had never sold trophies before, for that matter he had never hunted sentient beings before. As a matter of circumstance he had never had the opportunity to hunt anything but wild animals while he was a farmers charge. For that matter Tharn hadn't really hunted the Jedi, it was through chance and very good luck he had been able to defeat him. In a true contest he doubted he would win against this formidable foe. Tharn was conflicted.

The old woman looked at Tharn intently awaiting a decision. "Tharn, how did you become a slave?" she asked intently.

"My ghrakhowsk had accumulated an un-payable debt and had to sell themselves. I followed.." he hesitated a moment as he remembered "..to keep them safe".

"Followed them, or followed her?" THe old twilek woman asked a wry smile on her face.

Tharn stared at her, this was not the first time she been so uncannily perceptive. Not to mention, she had handled the Jedi fairly well while Tharn had been recovering. Tharn raised a scaled eyebrow.

"Yes, her. She was precious to me", Tharn replied still watching the old woman. There was somthing about her he couldnt place. She was old, frail, weak and yet.. he would never describe her that way. She obviously had the wisdom of a venerable elder, but there was a dangerous cunning there as well. Perhaps most evident now was her presence, it was sublte and easy to overlook but once noticed it filled the room. Tharn had overlooked the old woman before, incorrectly presuming she had just been a tired old slave. He didnt even know her name.

"Who are you?" Tharn finally asked.

"For now you can call me Sarena my friend, in future you may come to call me somthing else" she replied. Tharn gave Sarena a second look with fresh eyes. Her lekku like her skin were a pale, blotchy orange and wrinkled from age. She had never been beutiful, Tharn could tell immediately. Her nose was too big, her eyes large but ill suited to her face. Her shoulders were broad, while her hips were skinny and without allure. Everything about her was in stark contrast to the Twi'lek dancers that often graced cantinas and holovids.

But still she commanded respect and Tharn admired that.

"So, will you do what is required to save the legacy of your ghrakhowsk?", The Trandoshan word rolled off her tongue fluently. "Or shall we release this wretched craeture and find some other doctor to repair your stasis pod and its precious cargo?"

Reworded the dilemma became a moot point Tharn realized. No matter the cost, he would not let the being inside the stasis pod on his back come to harm. He glanced at the old woman.. Sarena. She had the look of someone who already knew the answer.

"Slavers we are then" he replied.

The pair, Trandoshan and Twilek heard a commotion from behind them.

"Go see what that is, I will watch our prisoner" Sarena commanded. Tharn nodded and proceeded aft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom