Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Designer Dealing

Nalah Tezan

N
7719a656eb32d467bffd09d71becdfb1--bar-interior-cyberpunk.jpg

Time: 22:12 local time

The Stargazer's Club was one of Coronet City's premier hot spots for the rich and well-connected to rub elbows and feed their vices, whether that be alcohol, gambling, or something more exotic. Nalah often found that feeding these vices was always a fast track to making large sums of cash, whether that be through conning distracted high-rollers or by hooking them up with their poison of choice directly. In this case, Nalah was dealing in spice, or rather her new friend Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji was going to be doing the actual dealing, she was just there because the club owner was a friend and could get them a private VIP room from which to deal. As long as no one ODed on the club floor and CorSec didn't come looking, they were free to operate quietly out of the back.

The stories about Xyoz were...extensive was probably the most polite way to put it. The Shistavanen was certainly eccentric, but from what Nalah understood of him he had a strong head for business and enough spice to shipments under his control to fill a fleet. And he was looking for new avenues of business, so she eagerly got her contacts to work to arrange a little sit down between them, and to give Xyoz a little taste of what business was like on Corellia. While not exactly known for the same level of debauchery as Nar Shadda or even Coruscant, in her experience Corellians were some truly reckless partiers, so spice should move quick and easy here. Plus, if they went through Nalah's connections, it would generate credits and underworld buzz for her in equal measure.

All she had to do know was wait for the dog of the hour to arrive, and to make a good enough impression to get into proper business with him. He was, admittedly, slightly late based on their set timetable, but that was fine, Nalah knew big shots liked to make an entrance, she wasn't getting nervous just yet. Instead, she sat in the VIP room, feet crossed on the central table, taking long, slow drags off her cigarra and absentmindedly swirling a Corellian highball, waiting for first contact.

divider.png

The high life on Corellia. Xyoz smoothed out the sleeves of his jacket as he glanced around the building with a patient sort of smile. Mingling with the crowd, just listening to their problems and desires. The rich here were spoiled rotten. And that meant they had quite the spoils to give. Good. A drink here, a line there, partying like the best of them to just get a feel of this kind of life.

Not that he could get drunk. Or high. Though if drunk of the vibes counted he'd certainly be wasted. Eventually though his mingling came to an end. Mostly because the Wookie bodyguard he had stepped up and nudged him. Pointed to a clock. "... Ohh right. Meetings. Riiiiight. Oops. Uh, was supposed to be that sorta.. Dangly symbol, right?" Grrwarr fought the urge to just face palm, but nodded. Xyoz never did have the best understanding of modern technology.

He was late. But he didn't care. The weird looking Shistavanen stepped into the room with a big grin on his face. Took a seat close by. Plopped down, more accurately, before looking out over the club again.

"Dig the place. Good vibes all around. This your place? Or just a place payin' ya for uhh.. 'Protection.' S' that what it's called?"

Nalah Tezan

Nalah Tezan

N
When Xyoz stepped into the private booth, Nalah was both relieved and concerned in equal measure. It was good to see her contact for this little operation finally arrive, but it was worrying that he moved and spoke more like a spice user than a dealer. She hadn't heard anything about the man getting high off his own supply, and she just hoped he was being eccentric rather than unsober.

"Neither, actually, the owner and I have an understanding." She used the word a bit loosely. "I get a reserved VIP booth, and he gets a percentage of any business or cargo I bring through."

It was a sweet little arrangement, a lot of customers and con-marks liked to think they were getting into business with someone who had credits and influence. So in exchange for a cut of the profits or the odd crate of high-end liquor slipped through the service door, Nalah was now, functionally, a permanent member of the Stargazer's Club VIP list without having to pay a single credit in fees.

"Speaking of which, how does this place look for your line of work?" She was eager to see if the Shistavanen thought the club was actually a good front location or not.

Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

divider.png

"Aaahhh. Dope."

Xyox flashed a grin. Gave a thumbs up. Whatever worked at this point. So long as he could sell here though her or whoever he had to, the details themselves only mattered a little. And she didn't seem a slaver, so that turned the details to unimportant entirely. He nodded his head, this time more to the beat of a song that had just started to play, letting his unnaturally glowing eyes just scan over the crowd. Catch sight of the Wookie bodyguard he had mingling in the crowd.

At least he was having fun.

"This'll work, I think. High end clients are the cleanest clients. Don't have to commit any crazy crimes to keep their supplies. I prefer it. What's the law enforcement like here?"

Nalah Tezan

Nalah Tezan

N
Now that they were face-to-face in the darkened VIP room, Nalah could see that Xyoz' eyes glowed slightly, even against the light. It was kind of intriguing actually, watching him survey the crowd with those bright, strange eyes, although it was just as strange to see a Wookiee casually mingling with the high-end Corellian club goers.

"CorSec? They just prefer things quiet, not legal. As long as you don't give them a lot of burning buildings or shootouts to clean up they'll give you a wide berth."
She leaned back, chuckling as she fondly remembered something an associate told her. "Hell, as long as you aren't selling people, bribing the odd CorSec officer is basically a business tax here."

She paused for a moment, taking a slow drag of her cigarra, as there was one point she needed to emphasize to Xyoz.

"However, once you kick the droch hive, CorSec becomes a lot trickier to get around."

Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

divider.png

"Well then, that brings a different kind of question." The grin faded as Xyoz lounged back in the seat. Put his arms comfortably over the back of the chair, continued to look around for a moment longer. Then looked right back at her. His glowing eyes scanned her over for a moment, really studied her expression. Really looking for the vibe.

"What's the rival scene like?"

Nalah Tezan

Nalah Tezan

N
Ah, that was the Rancor in the room so to speak, CorSec wasn't always a challenge to get around, but local crime on Corellia could be a stickier matter since smuggling to and from the planet was pretty rampant. She tried not to betray this wouldn't be good news, but she twitched a bit before delivering the information.

"CorSec might be a problem but there are, other parties bringing spice to Corellia, and they're good at making people disappear." She took a another swig of her drink and continued. "We should be safe here, Tilo doesn't work with any of the big outfits."

The Corellian bartender was currently down behind the counter, pouring cocktails for his clients, and for Xyoz burly bodyguard.

Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

divider.png

"Big outfits take notice when other big outfits come in. They won't like seeing me moving here unannounced. You know any of the locals?" He turned his head towards the bartender, curiously watching the man for a moment. Tilo, huh? Doesn't work with big outfits? Boy was in for a surprise. The Shistavanen just chuckled under his breath. Lots of people often were when they went into deals with him.

"Hell, even me coming here probably has some folks attention. Hope you're ready for that kinda interest."

Nalah Tezan

Nalah Tezan

N
"I know most of the local bars and warehouse owners, professionally if not personally. I also know the bad habits of about half the local council, so that should help with setting the groundwork." Granted she gained about half of that information under assumed names or on a friend-of-a-friend basis, but she still had the intel on the ground for Coronet City. Of course, her usual running around here meant that she was something of a known local factor as well, and throwing in with Xyoz had likely thrown up more red flags than Life Day on Jutrand.

That was her gamble, if she wet Xyoz appetite enough to move into the Corellian scene, then she would get to reap the benefits of being an important local player in a big operation. If, on the other hand, he took his business elsewhere, Nalah would probably have a multi-figure sum laid on her pretty little head for bringing such a major player to Corellia.

"I can handle myself, I wouldn't have reached out if I couldn't. And my contacts are also ready and willing to get out of the bush leagues." There was a reason they were at the Stargazer's Club, there was only so long someone could run an business like this without a big underworld name behind it.

Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

divider.png

"Well, that works just fine then. You think you'll be able to handle running the show here?"

Whether or not that was her intention, Xyoz liked having other faces for his little operation. Especially if they were locals themselves. She at least seemed to realize the gamble she was taking, anyway. The threats, the problems. She had the confidence.

"My only goal is to give people a goood laugh, y'know what I mean? Gang wars, sending messages, killing and hurting, not my stich. If there are problems, though, don't think I won't help if ya need it. We're all here for money, not to risk our lives, mm?"

Nalah Tezan

Nalah Tezan

N
Nalah prized herself on her poker face, but being offer the run of the local show was something that got a visible, astonished reaction out of her. She had brought Xyoz here to meet her connections, help him get settled, get his holo-number, maybe get on his Life Day card list if she was feeling ambitious. Hanging up her wings and running a local spice operation was not on her docket, not that the money didn't entice her, staying put in one spot to wheel and deal wasn't quite what she was looking for yet.

"I'm happy to help with the staging, but settling down to run the show isn't exactly in the cards for me." She said, trying to let the spice-kingpin down gently, a horrible thing to think about. "But I know a few people on Corellia who would be happy to help you on the day-to-day, including one in this building."

Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom