Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Desert Sands

5m5qOKV.png

There was nothing worse than a desert planet. Everything was hot. The sand, the air. Beorni weren't made for planets like this. Yet Calder was here on Tatooine anyway, braving the heat. The reason? Beorni had been taken from Midvinter in the dead of night. Slavers. Stealing his people to turn into slaves. Here in this blistering sunlight they'd naturally have a harder time trying to survive, let alone resist. Even now, despite the mist rolling from his shoulders from the ice he constantly formed on his fur, he could feel heat exhaustion threatening to sink in.

And he was inside the damn space port. He grumbled in annoyance, staring out at the city of Mos Isley from the entrance, purposefully sticking to the shadows with his arms crossed over his chest. His impressive height had everyone giving him a wide berth. Armored as he was with the Icehammer on his hip, he was an intimidating sight to behold. He'd rather not be something for people to stare at though, if he had the choice. Right now? He didn't.

He was waiting for the Mandalorian he hired.

Kam Ge'lih Dragr Kam Ge'lih Dragr

32Np32C.png

"I Hate Sand"

The Bothan wasn't much a fan of desert worlds... She'll be finding sand in her fur for the next month for sure. But, credits were credits. She walked down the streets of the Mos Eisely, weaving her way through passerby, her graceful nature and smaller stature making the task as easy as well... walking. She'd read the dossier of the job on her flight in, and was a bit excited to deal with the slavers and do some good while making money while doing it.

She spotted the Beorni, her employer, trying to keep as low a profile as they could in such an unfitting environment for his species. A small smirk rose behind her visor as she noted the mist emitting from the large Beorni, that would be a handy thing to have herself.

She strode up to him and looked up, being just under half his height made it rather comical, "You aren't gonna melt into a puddle on me, are you?" She'd ask with a chuckle, reaching up and pulling her helmet up and off her head. That smirk all too clear to him now. "We can buy a coolent pack or two if you need the extra help."

Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer

5m5qOKV.png

His gaze eventually lowered as he realized someone was walking to him. He blinked in surprise. This was the Mandalorian he'd hired? He didn't expect a Bothan to be under the helmet. His vastly simplified outlook on the culture was that they were always humans. Learning something new every day it seemed. Still, he chuckled and shook his head. "No, I shouldn't melt. It's the others I'm more worried about."

No, wait. He blinked before nodding. ".. Actually, that's not a bad idea." For the others, when they found him. He reached a hand down, extending a large paw for her. "Calder Icehammer. I appreciate you taking the job."

Kam Ge'lih Dragr Kam Ge'lih Dragr

32Np32C.png

Kam would nod gently, "We can grab them on the way out of town," she'd say before taking his much larger paw and shaking it. "Kam Dragr, it's a pleasure," she'd chime back with a small smirk on her face. She'd nod into town, "I saw a market stall with coolant packs, and I already rented speeder so we can get around easier, once we figure out where your people are." So she was timely and prepared, which was good.

She'd turn on a graceful heel and start walking, not really waiting for him. She kept her helmet off, even with its cooling nature she felt better with the gentle breeze on her face. "Speaking of, you never mentioned in the dossier if you knew where to start? You Beorni are big, but it will still be a bit like finding a womp rat in a sand dune," she'd quip as she kept walking.

"If you have any leads, that's great. But we can chat up a couple smugglers and slavers in the bars and taverns if need be."

Calder Icehammer Calder Icehammer

5m5qOKV.png

His gaze followed Kam Ge'lih Dragr Kam Ge'lih Dragr 's nod, glancing for the stall mentioned. He wouldn't find it of course, not from where he was standing. Mos Isley was a much larger city than he was used to. Then realized she was already walking off. He blinked, then followed out into the desert sun. Yeah. Sticking to the shade had kept him way, way cooler than he felt now. He grumbled. His metal armor did little to help either.

".. If they plan to keep them alive, some place with shade would be my guest. But I know too little of this world to know where they might be hiding. .. Would others here really have an idea on where to go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom