Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Desecration of Jedha | Jedi vs. Sith

Once more, Daeron failed to say anything to Cali Ziiva Cali Ziiva . As she approached, Daeron threw out an open palm toward her. A sudden attempt to Force push her away followed.

Immediately after that, Daeron turned away and ran. He sought to move deeper into the Kyber Temple – all while the chaos of the Sith's attack continued.

The lightsaber in Daeron’s hand remained unignited as he began to stride away. He passed the threshold into a staircase and began taking the flight down…

Cali threw her arms up and crossed them before her as the Force shoved against her. The Zeltron slid back along the ground on both feet a few feet before she broke the push. Yep, definitely not the talkative type. They were totally not compatible.

With the figure making a run for it, Cali had no choice. She darted after the Sith at full speed.

Guess it was time to make it clear where Daeron needed to be -- anywhere but there. Cali would try to get ahead of them, cut them off and draw a line in the air with the blue saber blade. Failing that, Daeron Daeron was going to have a pink woman on his coat tails. Maybe she could use her knack for droids to get one to slow the Sith down a bit. Course the place wasn't littered with security bots. Something to keep an eye out for.

Cali Ziiva Cali Ziiva and her blue saber got too close to Daeron as the Zeltron quickly caught up. The stairs slowed Daeron considerably compared to a sprint.

Daeron remained just out of reach for now, but he decided to take an extreme way to gain distance.

For he wanted to go down the flight of stairs. They winded down and down. A column of empty space sat in the middle of the staircase.

So Daeron just leaped across the handwall.

And decided to start falling…

Cali huffed as the Sith refused to let her get in front. So, like, it was obvious this wasn't a communication issue. This was 'Sith wants to do something naughty and you have to stop them' territory. Well, it could be worse. This could have been Nar Shaddaa all over again. At least it wasn't their entire fleet returning from a battle.

Well, she assumed it wasn't the entire fleet. Hadn't really checked the sky lately. There'd probably be tons more Sith and all these non-Forcey types with their pewpew machines.

With her blue saber shoved back into its holster and the red in her left hand, the Zeltron backed up against the stairway wall. A brief dash forward and she leaped over the short wall after Daeron. Only she didn't feel like just free-falling down a big pit. Instead, Cali launched herself across the open center in order to leap off the other side and would continue her descent after the intruder.

Tag: Daeron Daeron

Daeron’s fall did not last very long. After a few floors, he managed to catch a ledge and vault back into the staircase. His feet landed hard on the stone steps.

Then with a sudden, “HAH!” Daeron pivoted around and attempted to get a preemptive kick on Cali Ziiva Cali Ziiva . He anticipated that she would follow Daeron all the way through, and that an opportune kick might push her off the stairwell.

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​

Calin tossed the lightsaber to the dirt, which reminded her she still had hers in hand. Slowly she clipped it back to her belt. "I've been there, living in the streets. My only entertainment was getting high, or drunk. Doing whatever I could to make some scratch. Racing for the money or for the hell of it. Turning tricks when I had to just to get by, or for a favor when I needed something for my bike, or for somebody else on the crew." She shrugged then. That was a hard little truth to admit out loud. It wasn't something she was particularly proud of. "Fighting for scraps and practically a wage slave. Or worse than."

She gestured to the city around them. "Is this the kind of life you truly want to live," she asked. "Hanging out with people who like to attack innocent folks, civilians, just to incite fear and terror for their political or religious views? Terrorists. Is that what you want to be, a terrorist?" That's really what this attack on Jedha was, terrorism. Especially since they were going after a soft target and a pilgrimage. And it was a hate crime. By all rights, she knew she could legally cut him down, fill out the paperwork, and be fine. But that wasn't her way, and she wasn't going to. Instead, she saw a reflection of an earlier version of herself. A little darker, a lot more twisted, but redemption was never out of reach. He could be far better than he was, and he could always choose a new course of action. "It doesn't have to be this way, and you don't have to be like them," she said, quietly pleading for him, whether he realized it or not.

zJxNdnE.png

Calin stood, passive, he pondered her words for a moment. But he kept his cool, these damn Jedi. He knew enough about their type when he worked with the Pykes, he let out an exasperated sigh as she reached her drivel about terrorists, the innocent, and how he could be so much better. But Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan didn't understand, none of these high and mighty bastards ever understood.

"Maybe you're right..."

His voice sounded half sorrowful, but in a split instant two blasters flew from his belt into his hands: the LL-30s screamed into the night as he unleashed a small torrent of bolts at the Padawan, one blaster shooting high for her chest, when the other shot low in an attempt to fire up along her leg. He moved with that kind of speed that only a Booster-head did, and a slight burst of the force only made his attack all the more sudden. It became blatantly obvious where his "fame" among the Pykes came from now.

"But I'm Calin-Karkin'-Harr! And I don't care how many weak bastards like you I have to blast, I'll have my revenge no matter how many bodies it takes!"

Maybe he was more of a Sith than he'd ever willingly admit.

Cali's eyes widened at the naughty Sith landing before the bottom. Odd choice, Cott- Oof. The Zeltron doubled over the foot with a grunt. She toppled back over the wall and out of sight until or unless Daeron Daeron looked.

The tips of her fingers held on to a narrow ledge along the bottom of the stairwell ramp. It'd take a second before she looked up to see if the Sith was there, or to listen to which why they were going. Maybe peer around to see if they became visible further up or down the ramp.

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​

The sudden change in demeanor, as well as the spike in hostile intent, were so sudden they barely registered before Calin snapped into action, drawing both pistols and opening up. Having put her saber onto her belt there was no way to quickdraw it. A Force Push would take time. The young woman did the only thing she could. Leaping to her right, she turned it into a side-roll. Both bolts passing through where she had just been. The shot to her leg actually scored the outside of her left thigh. Searing pain blossomed there, but the actual graze didn't hurt. There weren't any nerve endings left to feel anything.

Before she landed she locked onto the Sith saber and as she came up it leaped into her hand. It felt slimy and unnatural in her hand, but there wasn't time to think about it. With the press of a thumb-stud, the blood-red blade snapped to life with a deep almost growling hum. She would have retreated to cover but the damage to her leg was risky. Better to become a small target. Adrenaline was flooding into her system, but she'd pay for whatever she did now.

Well, that was dirty, she thought.

Gathering the Force around her and through her, she pressed her left-hand palm out. Des let loose with a narrow wave of Force, enough to at least flip a golf cart directed for Calin, hoping to knock him down before he got a bead on her again.

((Sorry for the delay. Things piled up on me all of a sudden.))

zJxNdnE.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom