Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Departing the Homeworld

Coruscant

The city could never truly change. The sights and the smells remained the same as they had when Rasu had left the galactic capital. It seemed that no matter how many groups controlled the planet, it would never truly transform. Locals could live oblivious to the raging political spectrum that existed in the Upper levels. Living on Coruscant held perks for many, but the Shi'ido no longer viewed the planet the same way. She had once called this world her home, however there was nothing homely about it anymore. While transparent to the blind eye, through the lens of the Force, Rasu was aware of the various corruptions that had taken place during the One Sith occupation. The city reeked of the dark side, so much so that the Jedi wondered whether the atrocities could ever be cleansed. While she was grateful that the center of the galaxy was now in the hands of the Jedi, Rasu wondered whether Coruscant would fare better under Alliance rule. Would anyone truly notice the change?

Walking through the familiar streets, Rasu smiled as she witnessed the daily going-on's of Coruscanti life. Hearing of the successful take-over, she had longed to visit her old home, finding that she had often regretted the departure to Voss several years earlier. While she knew that this was just a temporary visit, the woman was curious to see the changes made, laughing silently as she witnessed the sheer lack of differences since her own occupation of the planet. Politely waving away store keepers attempting to sell their wares, Rasu found herself standing in one of the expansive trade hubs, a spacious hive of activity filled with various stores and stalls. Deciding she had time to browse, the woman journeyed on, admiring the range of exotic and foreign items that were for sale.

As she continued her browsing, she began to feel a growing disturbance in the Force. Mistaking it for just another minor dark nexus, Rasu carried on, stopping at a fruit stall where she would purchase a juicy looking pear. Content now, she took off once more, now happily munching on the sweet fruit. However the disturbance once more entered the forefront of her mind, stronger this time as she drew closer to the source. Ceasing the chewing, Rasu focused on the call, discovering that this source emanated from a Force-sensitive being. Moving more cautiously now, the woman would hone in on the source, reaching out through the Force to make the being aware of her presence.

Walking towards the source, a young man looking no older than 20, Rasu offered a sweet smile before gently tapping him on the shoulder. She knew that her presence would obviously present some confusion, no doubt even alarming the young man, but curiousity drove her to investigate further.

"And who might you be young man?"

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Life in Coruscant was never easy for a young boy from the hard-working industrial sector. Ar'ekk was one of a kind, considering the gift he was given at a very young age. A gift not many people are given. His ambition to become someone in life was so big and so driven towards success but that was a very distant dream for him. To forget all of the problems he was facing, Ar'ekk would do a daily walk around several Coruscant sectors, specially the trade hub. He felt that every person had a story to share and as such, he tried his best to listen to what they had to say. Elder, adult or young, it didn't matter to him.

A strange sensation made him feel at unease all of the sudden. A feeling he hasn't felt before, the presence of someone who's in tune with his unknown gift. He felt a gently tap on his right shoulder just as he was catching the sights of Coruscanti life. He turns around slowly, like he was about to be reprimanded. Facing the young boy was [member="Rasu Gan"]. Given his natural personality, Ar'ekk wasn't very outgoing with strangers and he hesitated for a moment before saying something to this female.

"Wh--who are you?" The young one said. He couldn't keep his eyes off her.

As the man turned to face her emerald form, Rasu would offer again a sweet smile. However her face would portray confusion as the man seemed anxious or even apprehensive to reply. As the reason dawned on her, the Shi'ido silently cursed, praying she hadn't frightened the man.

"I'm Rasu Gan." she would say, turning her attention inward as she focused on the brilliant Force aura that swirled around the man. "Although it is not my name that matters right now." A multitude of questions began to fill her mind, each desiring to be fired at the young man to gauge an understanding of his life, background and abilities. However, taking a deep breath, these would fade away as the woman attempted to approach this in as calm a way as she could handle.

"Tell me, are you aware of the special talent that you carry?" she would ask, hoping to slowly lure the desired answer out of the man.

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

The confusion tormenting Ar'ekks mind would slowly fade away as he realizes [member="Rasu Gan"] intentions. He's somewhat surprised by the question but doesn't hesitate to answer. "How do you know that? Do you feel the same thing as I do?" he would ask. The lady would sense all sorts of emotions on the young man. "I'm Ar'ekk Daesharacor." said as he gained a calmed demeanour.

He doesn't feel dazzled anymore by her presence but rather her smile helped to warm up his soul.

Satisfied with his answer, Rasu nodded knowingly. While he wasn't entirely young, it was surprisingly common for a man his age to go unnoticed by the various Force-sects. The woman had just been lucky to have stumbled upon Ar'ekk before someone else had plucked him up, or perhaps it wasn't luck. Rasu knew from first-hand experience that the Force worked in mysterious ways. Not even the oldest Jedi could understand every aspect of the powerful energy field. However Rasu thought that had the Force brought her here for a reason, then she had better act quickly.

Without warning, Rasu's hand would grasp the arm of the man, swiftly pulling him through the crowd till the pair found themselves relatively alone near the edge of the trade hub.

"I know of your gift Ar'ekk." she would say, hoping she had not hurt him after their quick escape from the chaos. "However you will find that it is not as rare as you might have first thought." Leaning against a poster-covered wall, the Shi'ido would took another short breath before beginning her explanation. "You and I share a connection. A connection through what many know as the Force..." Rasu would continue, explaining the basics of what the energy field was and how it bound the galaxy together and gave life and death to those who lived in it. All the while she would hope that Ar'ekk would not feel frightened or overwhelmed with this information, seeing as how she had just met the man. Perhaps she should have approached this differently.

"And then there is the Light side in which I, a Jedi, embody. Does that make some degree of sense?" she would say, already regretting her decision to attempt to explain the Force. Bringing a hand to her head in frustration at her own antics, Rasu spoke once more.

"Ultimately what I am trying to get at here Ar'ekk, is that you have a gift. A gift that allows you to make a change in the galaxy, should you wish to develop it." Here she would finish and let the information sink in, hopefully not having drowned the man in knowledge.

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

Ar'ekk seemed to trust more and more this mysterious woman. Every single piece of information given by her made sense to him. He would simply nod at each point [member="Rasu Gan"] would make. He wasn't frightened anymore because he found a reason to keep going. Ar'ekk's eyes widened in surprise as he heard her say 'Jedi'. "Are you a Jedi? I thought they weren't real, that it was all a big fictional story."

In the background, the lives of every Coruscanti citizen followed their usual course. The young boy and the woman kept talking as time froze behind them. "How can I train this gift? And how can I trust you, Rasu? I don't even know you." he asked with insecurity and almost trembling.

But there was a certain thing. He didn't want to go home anymore. This was his only chance to leave Coruscant and his monotonous life. It was time to make a choice.

She watched the man process all the information she had given him, noticing the various emotions that crossed his face, reflecting the thoughts within. What she had presented was only the edge of a much larger tale, one that would continue to grow and morph as he continued aging. Even with an extended life like the Shi'ido, Rasu knew that she would still be unable to obtain every secret the Force held. However knowledge was never boring and while you might never fill the cup, you could still enjoy the beverage inside.

A smile grew on her lips as Ar'ekk's excitement became apparent in his speech. The Coruscanti native had truly been blocked off from the galaxy. It wasn't hard considering the sheer amount of people that populated the world, however Rasu wondered whether one could truly go through their life without meeting at least one Force-sensitive being; there were many in this day in age. As the man's excitement turned to doubt, Rasu would do her best to remove such negative thoughts.

"You can trust me Ar'ekk. I am a Jedi, sworn to protect, not harm. I bring you no ill will." she would say, offering her sweetest smile in the ope she could compel the man to trust and believe her words. "What I offer you is a chance to train and develop your abilities. With time and practice, I could easily see you take your place among the ranks of great Jedi, should you wish to accept the mantle. While I strongly suggest you accept this offer, ultimately you decide the fate of your destiny. I will not stop you should you choose to remain here."

Laying out the ultimatum, Rasu awaited his response, however the Shi'ido had a feeling she already knew the man's answer.

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

Ar'ekk could feel how the Shi'ido could read his feelings. It was at that very moment where the young man decided his fate. It was time to take a turn over in his life and do the right thing. He felt an inmense amount of relief that he encountered Rasu instead of someone with malicious intentions. The words that came out of his mouth sounded with conviction and faith. He did not feel hesitant anymore but felt a sensation of freedom and relief. "The only way is if I see it with my own eyes, Rasu. I will trust you but don't make me regret this. I'm leaving everyone and everything behind. My family. What's gonna happen to them?" he said, before continuing his speech, "Are they allowed to come too?"

He know that the answer to the question was the one he didn't want to hear. It was heartbreaking but his family would understand, deep in their hearts, that it was the right choice. Let Ar'ekk become a Jedi, a guardian of the Galaxy.

"I will accept your offer only if you give me a honest answer to my question. That's all I ask."

Despite how he knew what the answer would be, feelings of hatred and darkness were flowing through him. He felt like his world was coming down on him even though the only thing he desired was to leave.

Ar'ekk appeared concerned, almost doubtful, as was his right. Rasu was a stranger the man had just met, a stranger who had given him an opportunity few ever receive. It was a lot to ask of the man. Ar'ekk would ultimately be giving up his life, his family, all worldly attachments to develop and train under the adepts of the Light. This was not a choice to take lightly. However it seemed he had already come to a decision. Obviously the talent he possessed had been on his mind for a long while, having been able to come up with an answer so swiftly. While it did not trouble the Shi'ido, she was slightly apprehensive to immediately accept his decision. This situation was a first for the woman as well. Throughout the decades of her life, she had trained various students, however she had met each at a rather young age, all through the educational system of the Jedi Order. Rasu almost found it humourous at the idea that both were in a similar boat. However she had trust in the Force, having not put her on the wrong path as of yet.

"I'm afraid the path that is open to you, is not the same as your family." she began, knowing that this was the answer the man would want to hear the least. "Attachments such as your family will only hold you back from your training. It is for this reason, initiates are normally taken at a young age; it makes it easier on the family and the trainee. However the Force has not been kind with your situation I'm afraid." Now would come the hard part. Rasu would allow Ar'ekk to change his mind. This was definitely not a choice to make lightly.

"Your family was a part of your life, but you must put that behind you and move forward to start down this new path. Are you prepared to do that Ar'ekk?" she would ask, calmly gazing at the young man.

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

Ar'ekk would turn his back on [member="Rasu Gan"] as she uttered those hurting words. A tear rolled down one of his cheeks, he was clearly hesitating whether to leave his adoptive family or become a Jedi. He looked up and gave Coruscant one last glance before shifting his gaze back to Rasu with a single tear running down his cheek still. "I'm going to come with you. Don't make me regret this choice as it is hard already. But you must let me say goodbye."

The young boy grabbed Rasu's hand and ran alongside her to his house in CoCo Town, the industrial and hardworking zone of Coruscant. They both entered and Ar'ekk asked Rasu to take off her shoes before entering.

The duo encountered Sodden and his mother in the living room as the soon-to-be Padawan made the introductions. "I want you to meet Rasu. She's a Jedi." Ar'ekk said so as he turned to the woman, waiting for her reply.

Sodden was his stepbrother and the mother (stepmother for Ar'ekk) of the boys was named Lira. An awkward silence followed.

Rasu smiled warmly as the man made his choice. Knowing the sacrifices one must make for the Jedi, the Shi'ido could empathise. It was no easy choice, but it was the right one. Placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, the woman offered him a warm smile. She knew that his time with the Jedi would be beneficial. He would be making a great good in the galaxy. With time he might even have the chance to return to Coruscant as a hero. Only time would tell.

Following the man through the network of streets and alleyways, the Jedi Master found herself outside the home of Ar'ekk. Rasu grew hesitant, having never truly faced a situation like this before. She was about to greet the family of whom she was taking away a member, ultimately abducting him, so to never be seen again. The thought alarmed Rasu, and for a second, she resisted the urge to flee. However she knew that this is what it would take to bring Ar'ekk into the fold, therefore, she anxiously proceeded inside. Leaving her boots in the doorway, she smiled at the sight of Ar'ekk's family. Rasu found her palms getting sweaty as Ar'ekk introduced her to the family. Smiling once more, the woman offered a polite bow and an awkward wave in greeting.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. I believe Ar'ekk has some news for you all." she said, knowing that the difficult part would soon be over.

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

"Do you remember what I told you about that power I had? Sodden, you know more than anyone. She is willing to teach me. But there's a price to that and I must leave. You can't come." Ar'ekk said with sadness in his voice. His stepbrother and stepmother could be seen crying. Surprisingly, the three of them embraced eachother as it was the last time they were seeing eachother. Words were not necessary to get a reading of what was happening. Ar'ekk's stepmother gave him a small gift so he could always remember his family. She then turned back to Rasu and told her: "Make sure he is fine. He's no ordinary boy and I can see it in his eyes. I've been expecting the day I would see one of you showing up to my doorstep. I'm glad it was you, someone with good intentions. Guide him through hard times, he's very emotional. He'll be a fine Jedi, I know he will."

The young one and his family took some more minutes before departing. His mother helped him pack his clothes and everything he needed for the trip. They couldn't help but cry but the tears were of joy and hope. Sodden whispered in Ar'ekk's ear comforting words, making this goodbye easier for both.

He turned his head back to Rasu, holding his luggage. He was prepared to leave. Ar'ekk turned once more to look at his stepmother and stepbrother and said: "I will return. You've got my word on that. I will become the finest Jedi."

After a couple of several hugs exchanged between Ar'ekk's family and Rasu, the duo made his way out of his house. He took one more last look at what would be his old home. The tears kept falling down his cheek but it was already time to leave.

Rasu took a step back as the family was given the news. She would not intrude on what would be their final moments with Ar'ekk. This was a humbling moment for the Shi'ido. She had never been apart of such a loving and heart-breaking moment; a moment that would have occurred for most Jedi. It dawned upon the woman just how many families had gone without their loved one's, being left alone in a galaxy, missing a fragment of light. However as she thought more on this, she knew that while the sacrifices were high, they were also necessary. While one may grieve, they may be grieve in safety owing to the protection of those they made the sacrifice for. It was a emotional and complex situation, but one that Rasu knew was necessary for the better of the galaxy.

"I will train him well. You will have nothing to fear." she replied to the man's mother, tears already streaming down her face. Rasu's heart ached at the sight of it, however she said no more, instead walking to the door where she waited for the family to give their final goodbyes. Luggage in hand, Ar'ekk and Rasu left the house. The Shi'ido offered another soft smile in the direction of the mother before leading Ar'ekk away, noticing the tears now streaming down his face too.

"You don't have to forget them Ar'ekk. They were just the first few steps before the peak of your journey." she would say, offering her comforting words.

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

Ar'ekk felt slightly better after hearing [member="Rasu Gan"]'s encouraging words. "I won't forget them, Rasu. But my presence kept them away from harm. This side of town hosts the worst of the worst. Word will eventually go out and there's nothing I'll be able to do." he said, before continuing, "But I'm ready to go."

Keeping his head up, Ar'ekk and Rasu made their way into the heart of Coruscant, leaving the young boy's hometown behind. With his mind being invaded with thoughts, he began to think if this was the right choice.

From now on, he solely followed the Shi'ido's instructions and tried to make some small talk to get to know her. "Where do we go now?" the boy inquired.

His next few words alarmed the Shi'ido. Surely there was something the Jedi could do about this. Coruscant was an expansive planet and hard to control but hope fully with the Alliance now having taken back the world, something could actually be done about the corrupt underworld. It felt wrong to have taken Ar'ekk away from those he loved, knowing that they would not last another month without his protection. Taking a mental note, Rasu would ensure she sent word of the underworld issues to the G.A., hopefully easing the boy's feelings about leaving.

Now was the question of their destination. Rsau had had her fill of the galactic capital, and she was sure, Ar'ekk was more than ready to go and explore the galaxy. However the woman wanted to train the young man differently than her previous students. In a growing fragmented galaxy, various orders had risen that copied the Jedi of old. There was the Silver Sanctum, the Order in which she had created alongside Jedi from the Republic. Other groups had sprouted as well, with the Order of the Republic, dwindling from what it once was. Rasu deemed it necessary to send the Padawan there to understand what plagued the Republic's protectors, before he would hopefully join her in the Sanctum.

"I think it would be best for you to gain some knowledge of the galaxy Ar'ekk. I'm sending you to Yutan, the current capital of the Republic. The Jedi were once whole, defending the Republic, but the political squabbling and corruption has affected the Jedi defenders also. The Silver Sanctum was my creation, but I want you to have an understanding of all aspects before I ask you to choose one path. I want you to have a first glance of the Order without me at your side. Your impression will help shape your understanding of the Jedi themselves."

FInding themselves at the nearest spaceport, Rasu presented his shuttle pass to Yutan. "You'd better get a move on, the shuttle will be leaving soon."

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

Ar'ekk embarked the shuttle as indicated by Rasu, carrying his light luggage at his side. He turned to Rasu and said: "I will see you soon, then?" The boy looked at the Shi'ido with bright eyes. You could feel Ar'ekk's emotions flowing through him with such strength and power.

The young one said his goodbyes to [member="Rasu Gan"] before entering the shuttle. He awaited for her last piece of advice before departing to the Jedi Temple of Yutan. "How long is it going to be before we meet again, Rasu?"

With Coruscant on Rasu Gan's back, Ar'ekk made his peace with his hometown. He wanted to be clear of thought so he could embrace this journey easily but his family was going to be a constant reminder throughout the following days. It was time for the young boy to train and become a guardian of the Galaxy. He made the right choice.

"Very soon young one." she would reply. Going through her own pack, she pulled out a pass similar to the one Ar'ekk carried. "I will join you shortly. Take a few days to explore and get to know the Jedi there. Think of it as homework." Now smiling, she rested both hands on the man's shoulders. Much had happened, all too quickly for the woman's liking. She wondered if everything was running smoothly inside the Padawan's mind as well. He was dealing with powerful emotions, some that might be even new to the human. All of which would affect his training and development. He needed to make terms with these or let go before they consumed him. With all this in mind, she forced the man to meet her gaze, staring quizzically into the eyes of her latest student.

"How are you feeling after all this? Are you still happy with your decision?" she asked. Various emotions might be running through the boy's body and Rasu wanted to be comfortable with Ar'ekk's head space before she let him off into the galaxy alone. It was a fragile time, one where a Master would be needed to reassure and guide, however circumstances left Rasu on a different path for the time being. Ar'ekk's feelings would be influential in the development of his training, and Rasu needed to make sure that these were under the Padawan's control before she left him.

[member="Ar'ekk"]

Arekk

Ar'ekk met eyes with [member="Rasu Gan"] as she squeezed his shoulders. The answer he gave was honest and you could see it: "I'm fine. This is my destiny and as such, I'm prepared for the future." he said, reassuring his choice to the Shi'ido.

After a few moments, Ar'ekk stepped into the shuttle and headed to the Jedi Temple of Yutan, where he would rendevouz with a young Jedi master and meet with Rasu once again in due time. The real training was to take place there and it was going to be tough for him. This is the moment where the young one turned into a Padawan, a learner of the Jedi way. He was on his way to fullfill his dream and to become a guardian of the Galaxy and a peacemaker.

Unknown to him, he kept in contact with Rasu by using the Force. She would feel satisfaction and serenity as Ar'ekk contacted her via that way. He was on his way to begin his training and become the finest of Jedi. This was the beginning of a new chapter in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom