Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Deniable Operations Group - DOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari Vox

I thought this was America, huh?!
3tgAVgZ.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: The creation of a unit similar to the CIA's Special Activities Division/Special Operations Group for use by The Rebel Alliance.
Image Credit: Image 1 - Image 2
Role: A Division of the Intelligence Community of The Rebel Alliance, devoted to covert operations.
Links: The Rebel Alliance, Order of Command: Ari Vox, Noah Corek, Ras Val'Kor, Sister Organization: 1st Unconventional Warfare Unit

GENERAL INFORMATION

Unit Name: The Deniable Operations Group - DOG
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance, Ari Vox
Classification: Paramilitary
Equipment:
COMBAT INFORMATION

Availability: Unique
Deployment: Limited
Strengths & Weaknesses:

[v] Infiltration
  • With their operators coming mostly from Special Forces backgrounds, DOGs are some of the most capable warriors the Alliance has to field and ply their trades in a number of ways. One of the most obvious is their ability to infiltrate seamlessly with the use of deep cover alias', and disguise their intent until the moment to strike is ripe. Certainly, this does not come easy, nor is it always successful, as frequently covers can be blown by loose lips or disassembled cover stories, putting the teams as entire units under incredibly scrutiny. Generally their covers take the form of civilian assets, merchents, contractors, people that an Empire wouldn't look twice at, allowing them to mostly pass by without issue.
[v] Deniable
  • Considered to be some of the most classified files contained by the Alliance, the group's identities are sealed and dismissed allowing their discovery in enemy-held territory to be denied by the Alliance themselves. No DOG operation is officially sanctioned, therefore keeping the Alliance's metaphorical hands clean from responsibility.
[v] Wolves
  • Drawing on the most sophisticated weapons and personnel the Alliance has at its disposal, these men and women are literal wolves on the battlefield, fighting as a pack and tearing apart their targets with a fervent intensity rivalling anything seen on the battlefields in the past.
[x] Scant
  • Due to the highly dangerous and confidential nature of the tasks DOG undertakes, it's member base is considerably smaller than regular fighting units. Even when deployed on missions their numbers rarely surpass ten or so operators on a single planet.
[x] Abandoned
  • Owing to the fact that the Alliance must be capable of denying culpability in any DOG operation, the unit is not afforded any sort of supply train meaning that what they can smuggle onto a planet is the extent of what they're given reign of. This forces the DOG to scavenge for supplies, weaponry, and equipment in order to achieve their greater missions and objectives.
[x] Hit And Run
  • Given their limited supplies, small unit size, and lack of supply train, the DOGs are forced in almost all situations to fight and retreat, never capable of standing toe-to-toe against mobilized QRFs nor well-executed counter-attacks.
[x] Tanks Galore
  • Owing to their inability to carry heavy weapons with them, the DOGs are reliant upon their disruptors for anti-armour capabilities - a weapon only one member of a regular five-person team carries. Anything beyond the ability of that single operator and the DOGs are out of luck, often resulting in botched raids or premature retreats.
Description:

The Rebel Alliance's Deniable Operations Group (henceforth referred to as DOG) was a joint venture created by Ari Vox, Noah Corek, and Ras Val'Kor, to provide the Alliance with the means for direct kinetic attacks in a guerilla warfare theatre. Designed to complement the simultaneously formed 1st Unconventional Warfare Unit, DOG takes its place behind the shadowy frontlines of the UWU's battlegrounds by completely removing any semblance of support from their operations. Utilizing any means necessary they infiltrate enemy-held territory for the express purposes of sabotage and infiltration, engaging sporadically in high-profile target captures and assassinations.

Theoretically, the DOG operates completely self-sufficiently, embedding itself within a population weeks or months before operations begin, leaving their members nothing more than their deep cover alias' and occasionally a specific time to meet. Weapons and equipment they cannot smuggle into the theatre are simply stolen from enemy units, and their sabotages wreak havoc while their counterparts in the UWU train local fighters for the coming battles.

This period of time within a DOG operation is considered to be the 'sleeper' stage, where intelligence gathering and absolute discretion are the highlights of their goals. Whether it's simply getting close to people they can exploit for the sake of their mission, or performing target reconnaissance from carefully assembled urban hides, the operators endeavour tirelessly to fullfil the lives of their cover story alias', plying their hands in all manners of crafts as per their paperwork, that is until the actually flames of rebellion let loose.

At the advent of open hostilities, DOG units will awaken like deeply embedded sleeper cells and stage daring attacks against vital infrastructure, military positions, and even politically significant areas. However, with the degree of danger inherent and the risk of discovery always a possibility, DOG units are necessarily small and mobile, often not more than ten people in a single cell, arranged into two teams of five operators. Based on their size and total lack of supply train they are next to useless in conventional warfare, committed almost completely to sheer surprise and violence of action to overcome their foes and seize their objectives.

HhR5pyW.jpg

Ari Vox

Just wanted to add that I just made a Blog entry that describes in a bit more detail the exact workings of the DOG and how I intend for them to be used. Sorry if it causes any issues, just wanted to give you a heads-up!

Here.

[member="Ari Vox"]

Hello there,

So what we have here is a special operations group specializing in long-term covert operations, that's cool. Overall the sub is well written, but there are just a few items to address.

Ari Vox said:
[v] Infiltration
  • With their operators coming mostly from Special Forces backgrounds, DOGs are some of the most capable warriors the Alliance has to field and ply their trades in a number of ways. One of the most obvious is their ability to infiltrate seamlessly with the use of deep cover alias', and disguise their intent until the moment to strike is ripe.
As it's written now, this strength gives the impression that the unit can embed itself within a denied area with little or no trouble. I'd just like you to soften the language here, to just make it clear that while they're good at infiltration, success isn't guaranteed.

Ari Vox said:
Theoretically, the DOG operates completely self-sufficiently, embedding itself within a population weeks or months before operations begin, leaving their members nothing more than their deep cover alias' and occasionally a specific time to meet. Weapons and equipment they cannot smuggle into the theatre are simply stolen from enemy units, and their sabotages wreak havoc while their counterparts in the UWU train local fighters for the coming battles.
I'm not asking for any edits here, but I just wanted to highlight this section to caution you about the use of these units. While not required, in major PvP scenarios it is recommended that you do the legwork to insert these units first. I really don't want to see these guys just popping out of nowhere in the middle of enemy territory without any development.

Ari Vox said:
At the advent of open hostilities, DOG units will awaken like deeply embedded sleeper cells and stage daring attacks against vital infrastructure, military positions, and even politically significant areas. However, with the degree of danger inherent and the risk of discovery always a possibility, DOG units are necessarily small and mobile, often not more than ten people in a single cell, arranged into two teams of five operators. Based on their size and total lack of supply train they are next to useless in conventional warfare, committed almost completely to sheer surprise and violence of action to overcome their foes and seize their objectives.
I'd like some more detail here about their day to day activities when they're in "sleeper" mode. I looked over your blog post, but I'd like to see some of those details added within the submission itself. You can link the blog post in the links field, too.

Ari Vox

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

I have made some edits as requested, notably:

A few lines to the 'Infiltration' strength:

[v] Infiltration

• With their operators coming mostly from Special Forces backgrounds, DOGs are some of the most capable warriors the Alliance has to field and ply their trades in a number of ways. One of the most obvious is their ability to infiltrate seamlessly with the use of deep cover alias', and disguise their intent until the moment to strike is ripe. Certainly, this does not come easy, nor is it always successful, as frequently covers can be blown by loose lips or disassembled cover stories, putting the teams as entire units under incredibly scrutiny. Generally their covers take the form of civilian assets, merchents, contractors, people that an Empire wouldn't look twice at, allowing them to mostly pass by without issue.

Further explanation of the 'sleeper' stage of an operation (Third Paragraph, below Description):

This period of time within a DOG operation is considered to be the 'sleeper' stage, where intelligence gathering and absolute discretion are the highlights of their goals. Whether it's simply getting close to people they can exploit for the sake of their mission, or performing target reconnaissance from carefully assembled urban hides, the operators endeavour tirelessly to fullfil the lives of their cover story alias', plying their hands in all manners of crafts as per their paperwork, that is until the actually flames of rebellion let loose.
Thank you for your time, if there's anything else I'll be happy to edit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom