Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demonsgate Xenomorph

Name: Po Sauʻai, Death fiend, "Bubble bees"

Loyalties: Their brood queen who is fully sentient
Role: Antagonist in Koltar Outback, NPC enemy
Development Threads: She look at me with them big brown eyes
Angles of Demonsgate (The Young)
Angles of Demonsgate (Enemy Mine)

Species: Mutation of Krakai and host race
Force Sensitivity: Yes

Appearance:
They can be more than 2 meters tall, chit skin is black with yellow marking (pattern denotes brood). Glowing red eyes, four appendages with hooks, a multi-sectioned body, mandibles, and two front appendages for slashing and grasping.

Personality: Predatory, attacking, ruthless
Weapon of Choice:
  • yellow-and-green Acid spit (range 10 meters)
  • 4 slashing appendages
Combat Function:
Skills: Borrowing
Other Notes: Sith Spawn, procreates through virus infection, infected is mutated into sith spawn Krakai

Strengths / Weakneses
+ Carapace which resistant to lightsabers energy.
- Eyes and groin are a weakness, do not offer same defense as chit armor.

Intent: Create new sith spawn race in the Kothal Outback

We also thinking of maybe having sub classes

-Drones (people infected with their larva, act live zombies and try to protect the larva inside them)

-hatch-lings (second evolution small non-gender specific youth)

-Warriors (Full grown male soldiers)

-Queen (Only one per brood, deposits larva in hosts, bigger than Warriors)

[member="Declan Ross"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"] - The coloration looks good. Not sure on the overall aesthetic. I'll marinate on it. For now, I wouldn't be too worried about rushing in a sub. It's only really needed for PVP and invasions. But it *is* a good idea to try and get the data on these guys. And a Code style sub is an amazing way of presenting it.

Also, since these are 'in house' monsters, we can take our liberty in using them, and time in writing the sub, and use the threads they feature in as dev for them in the first place. Let them grow organically. I would also hesitate on going too in depth in detail, like with the sub-divisions. We can leave it loose and less defined, and state in the prospective 'sub' that Q did them in batches, so there are variants. Then, if we ever have to sub specific variants, we will have threads and Chaos Canon precedent.

For now, I think we should hammer out:
  • A name for these buggers. Both 'scientific' and maybe a slang word.
  • General look for the run of the mill ones
  • Baseline abilities for the 'rank and file' as it were.

So far as for look, I would push for a more humanoid angle. Maybe the Q said they were working with the CotBR to trick the populace into volunteering to be subjects in the experiment. To that end, there is little more terrifying in so far as an insectoid/humanoid/xenomorph stylistic blend than the following.

Tyranid_by_NoodleArt.jpg

Warhammer 40k Genestealer. We can even blend lore on them and Xenomorphs for a hybrid basis to develop their lore here on Chaos. Plus, genestealers are famous for having 'magos' that direct them, and their 'virus' laying dormant in a population until triggered, etc... It has some very fitting elements. And their mother race, the Tyranids, have a lot more terrifying things that have that vague insectoid/humanoid/xenomorph blend.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Gabriel Lethe"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Declan Ross"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"]

The man actually brings up a valid point. If we try to put this through the Codex we will probably need a fethton of work put into it in terms of development threads, because the beast will be fairly powerful and on top of that Sith alchemized.

So what we really just need to do is have a flexible draft that gives you enough information to know what you are basically up against, while retaining enough creative freedom to include the possibilities for different genetic/mutant strands.

Then just post that up somewhere here, pin it and link it a few times when they pop up against us.

So basically a point of reference.

From there, when we are confident in what we are playing with and got a solid base of development going, we can always decide if we wanna actually sub it or not.

How does that sound?

Sounds good to me, we can leave this open for full development and copy a pin up with the basic for this first interaction (plus using these in the rebellion will count as development right?)

[member="Khaleel Malvern"] [member="Declan Ross"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Bryce Bantam"] | [member="Declan Ross"]

Oh, yeah. Definitely. Any roleplay directly concerning these things can be counted as development, so we are definitely in the clear with that.

Edits made to sub above, Name ideas and a basic description added, please review any suggest and changes you want to make.

[member="Bryce Bantam"] - Doesn't look terrible. Very vague and rough, which should work amazingly for a first contact bit. I'd maybe remove the OOC jokes and such, at least in the final version that we might distribute to any threads. I love it, but we do want to try and look halfway knowledgeable and professional.

[member="Declan Ross"] I was thinking we only post down to but not including wealth, that should give a vague enough intro to be able to RP off of. Also I will edit out jokes and send to [member="Jorus Merrill"] for final approval.

Any objections?

[member="Bryce Bantam"] - You're good bub. Just to reiterate, I love the jokes myself. But if we're going to put it as a reference for members to run threads, we want it neat and tucked, so to speak.

More edits made, at this point we have well over 15 maybe 20 post of dev for these guys. I have also started a new post rebellion thread to go deeper into dev, anyone know how may posts total we will need for these things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom