Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demon Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
wAeF4Op.png

The frozen wastes of Hoth often left armor cold and frigid, giving one an almost ethereal look...

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: The ancient armor of Lord Verros
  • Image Source: By Fulcrvm
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Sith
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Extreme
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Extreme
- Energy-Based Force: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Force Crystals: The Armor boasts twin Force Crystals embedded in the heels
  • Right Gauntlet: The Right hand Gauntlet features miniaturized Lightsaber Emitter mounted underneath the arm, Electronet launcher, and flamethrower mounted above the arm.
  • Left Gauntlet: Reinforced with thicker Beskar Plates, the left gauntlet featured a miniaturized Lightsaber Emitter underneath the arm, a Mandalorian Vambrace, whose Shield Emitter had been modified to project a shield only around the gauntlet, effectively turning it into a small shield.
  • Life Support: The armor is capable of sustaining Voph for up to five hours in complete vacuum.
  • Enhanced Comms Package: The Armor features an integrated Comlink capable of synchronizing with a command ship, even at great distances.
  • Mag-Boots: The boots feature magnetic clamps around the balls of the feet to aid Voph against telekinetic assaults.
  • Blast Skirt: The Skirt on the armor is a combination of Armorweave and Beskar, allowing some motion, but maintaining a rather rigid shape.
  • Mobility: The armor is plated in such a way that it provides stellar defense, and yet leaves joints free to move.
Strengths:
  • Beskar Alloy: The Beskar Durasteel fusion allows the armor to sport extreme defensive capabilities while maintaining a rather light-weight design.
  • Weaponized Gauntlets: The weaponized Gauntlets allow Voph a wider range of attack options.
  • Force Crystals: The Crystals embedded in the heels of the armor are tuned to absorb large amounts of energy, almost entirely negating effects like Force lightning.
  • Life Support: In Addition to sustaining Voph in a vacuum, the suit can be sealed to prevent airborne poisons and toxins from taking effect.
  • Cortosis Talons: The gloves sport claw-like talons made of Cortosis, capable of shorting lightsabers, and killing organic life if introduced to bare skin.
Weaknesses:
  • Cortosis Talons: Voph must take care not to kill an ally, as the talons are not retractable. Owing to the brittle nature, small amounts of blunt force are sufficient to shatter the talons.
  • Flamethrower: The fuel tank can rupture and explode if struck.
  • Crystals: If the Force Crystals reach capacity, they can discharge their stored energy
DESCRIPTION
Described simply as "The Demon," this suit of armor was originally created some time around the Treaty of Coruscant. Owned and worn by a bruised and beaten warrior without a home, the armor was little more than scrap metal held together with adhesive and prayers. Over the course of his career with the Sith, Voph refined the armor, turning it into a lethal tool of war. Taking inspiration from the Mandalorians that Voph spent his time with, the armor was designed to offer someone as much of an edge against a Sith as one could have without the Force.

The suit was destroyed at the onset of the Zakuul War, and was rebuilt from the ground up after Voph's return to civilized space. The second iteration of the suit did not posses some features of the original, such as an onboard AI and Motor system that could convert the armor to a battle droid. In spite of this, it was still a formidable second skin for the dark lord, and served him well through many skirmishes during the reignited war between Sith and Republic. Upon his death in 3630 BBY, the armor was salvaged and rebuilt by Darth Sovryn, and stored aboard the Confessor, along with some of his other Personal Effects.

[member="Voph"], So this armor by my counts is Five ratings over what it should be. If you want to keep the ratings as they are, then I recommend adding ratings that have the Very low/Low rating to balance out the submission a little more. You could also raise the weight of the armor to Heavy to balance it out a little more.

Secondly, You have no mention of Force Nullification effects upon the armor and its connection to the Force Shards. What would happen if the crystals in the boots were to break with the stored energy they had? Explosions of some kind I would assume. However if you can expand upon this, I highly suggest doing so, as at the moment, I don't see any thread where this wouldn't be reported.

Changed weight to "Heavy." I will observe that, per technology rules:
  • Fully constructed lightsabers are restricted to a maximum of Semi-Unique production.
  • The Armor Rating Extreme will require the submission to be UNIQUE. This armor rating is considered very strong and are usually dealing with unique items that should be restricted to Player Characters only.
In this instance, the armor doesn't break either of those rules, so that's the only update I'm willing to make in this instance. Not sure how "Ratings over what it should be" factors in to this.

As for the second point

Voph said:
Crystals: If the Force Crystals reach capacity, they can discharge their stored energy

Voph said:
Force Crystals: The Crystals embedded in the heels of the armor are tuned to absorb large amounts of energy, almost entirely negating effects like Force lightning.

If I need to reword this to spell it out, I can, but I would imagine the intent here is clear enough.

[member="Auberon"]

[member="Voph"], I will go ahead and give the crash course.

Extreme = +3
Very High = +2
High = +1
Average = 0/Null
Low = -1
Very Low = -2
None/Extreme weakness = -3

Tallying up all of your resistances means you have 9+ ratings. (Extreme x2, Very High, High, Average). Your weight rating also factors into this in the same form. IE Extreme = -3, Very Heavy = -2, Heavy = -1, etc. With a now Heavy rating you have a -1 score for your weight.

You also add in the production level.

Mass = 0
Minor = -1
Limited = -2
Semi-unique = -3
Unique = -4

What you get is this equation.

9 - 4 - 1 = 4. (mind you, when I stated you were five ratings over the recommended, it was when you had the Average weight. So now as of this post you are 4 ratings over the recommended)

As I did state, this is only a recommendation due to the ratings not being a hard rule as you so stated. It is true. However the system is used to get a gauge of how balanced it is. You are more than welcome of keeping the ratings you have, or you can go with the previous recommendation of creating more weaknesses (Sonic, Acid, Vaccum, etc). However, I will have to give you the warning that if this armor is ever reported, that whomever is given the job of judging this again, will not be giving recommendations, but handing out the Law. You would be required to change it, ONLY should it ever be reported.

If you have any questions about this, let me know. I am more than willing to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom