Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivered In Full

Kuat Drive Yards
Kuat
@[member="Lady Silencia"]

A big job this was. Baros was confident though, as he always was, that he could deliver. Having never met the customer, he had done his best with simply the pictures and dimensions of the individual in question. The fact that a royal CEO (impressive credentials surely) wearing a Glitterstim original was a massive coup for them. As a result, he cam prepared.

Waiting in an rather extravagant room, Baros looked across at the four manekins that were set up in the room. Each contained a different garment. In this case, he did not go for weird or wacky or controversial. The person in the gown needed to be the focus for this project. The gown needed to accentuate her, not detract from her. He ran his hand across the gold accentuations around the neckline of the first gown. He was pleased by Marta's approach here. It was classic, royal looking, but also not over blown. The second gown was again classic but made an interesting use of jewelry as a vague covering for the shoulders. Tarvin had done well there. The third was more dress than gown. Royal casual was what Janis called it. The fourth was probably Baros' least favorite, but it was voted highly by the designers and as a result demanded a place on the ship to Kuat.

After walking past the last gown, Baros came to a stop and turned with hands resting comfortably behind his back.

The Queen swept in through the chamber entrance in a flurry of black, red and gold. Her current ensemble was of Kuatian design with fluid lines and regal appeal. The craftsmanship was unparallelled as far as Kuati fashion and society went, and she was proud to wear something of her people. But, as times usually accounted for with one of her stature, it wasn't enough to be seen in what people expected of you.

Sometimes you had to make a a statement.

Trailed by her retinue of servants, assistants, and her personal Noghri body guard, the woman settled the man of the hour with a steely gaze. He seemed amiable enough, which was unfortunate given her often blunt and dispassionate demeanor. She approached him like a hawk might approach an unsuspecting meal; direct, soundless, and metaphorical talons flashing.

"Mr. Sal-Soren," she came to a fluid halt feet before him, gaze never once wavering from his face, "thank you for your punctual arrival. A pleasure to finally meet you in person, to be sure." The Queen flashed him a smile though its friendliness was questionable, "Please tell me about what you have prepared."

Baros bowed calmly. "Your highness," he said with an even, unconcerned and unrushed tone, "thank you for thinking of me when it came to this order."

He moved with proper posture towards the end of the row of manikins again and began his presentation. "Your brief for this job was elegant in its brevity, thank you for giving me room to experiment," he said with a genuine smile, somewhat like an excitable school boy, "as we did not know the occasion specifically we took the liberty to cover all bases with a simple theme in mind...less is more. Any parent of a newborn child can attest that they become accustomed the persistent cry of their child as they cry themselves to sleep...it is the moment of silence...where there is no sound...that causes them to awaken from their drifting state of slumber. It is this idea that I asked my designers to accomplish for four various settings. What is more eye catching than the one person that does not need to go extremes to get attention? We wish to make you the focus...not our garments...but should anyone look, they are impressed all the same."

Hand raised towards the first garment, "Anyone in your station is sure to be hosting numerous individuals in a semi-formal setting. Wanting to be comfortable but also impressive. This first design was created by Marta Rand a third year apprentice designer at our main store. Her design beat out those of our most seasoned employees, causing quite the upswing in competition may I add. The sheer nature is granted by the finest Lashaa silk, and the rings are gold plated platinum."

He moved along confidently to the second design, "With or without the belt, it is your choice, the designer Tarvin Wints truly believes it looks best with the belt. He was rather persistent about it. Either way I believe this design fills nicely the need for any formal attire. Again the theme being fulfilled...less is more...we will let your figure do the talking and take the focus off the garment. However should they notice the decorative jewellery please know that this is made of the finest white gold and clear Ur-diamonds."

The third garment was now focused on. "This navy blue piece was made by designer Janis Yavan. It's simple purpose is casual. The press...they like to be everywhere and catch people unawares. We want to insure you are the style pages if this happens at all. This dress covers that moment."

Finally he came to the fourth item. Inside he regretted bringing it. It was nice, but he did not feel it lived up to the rest of the items; however, he trusted his design team. They were hired for a reason. Someones promotion was riding on this, to say the least. "This last offering was described as playful and feminine semi-formal by its creator. The fabric is mostly silk-synthetic blend, but the sides and shoulders are Zoohsa...and as such I would not recommend wearing it on a rainy day."

Standing back with arms folded behind his back, he bowed his head calmly. "I hope that you find one of these acceptable for your needs?"

"Hm," came the Queen's short return as she stepped back to regard the pieces. Hands lightly folded at her back, she followed the man along the line with a slow staccato of steps clicking along - a metronome keeping the time spent away from her many duties. The woman's expression was unreadable, and as he finished it betrayed no hint of fondness to any. It also betrayed no hint of the opposite, which was perhaps good.

Or not, one could hardly say.

"This one," Lorelei approached the long silver gown to give it a closer look, "would be a lovely piece for my daughter. DiVanca please give Mr. Sal-Soren's assistant her measurements."

"At once, your Grace," the blond woman replied.

"I'm afraid casual isn't an option," the Queen moved on past the dark navy suited mannequin, dismissing the dress entirely. She came to a stand before the fourth ensemble, looked it over and then dismissed that one as well without a word. "and I'm a bit beyond my playful years," she remarked as she came to stand at the first piece, eyeing the gold disc accents. The drape and flow of the garment was similar to the fashion of Kuatian high society, but it was the embellishments that set it apart. It was enough of a compromise between sticking to tradition with a modern flair.

"I'll require you to make some alterations to this," Lorelei spoke as she slowly rounded the gown, "I cannot afford to skimp on modesty, Mr. Sal-Soren, recent history has left me with a few scars that need not be on display."

DiVanca leaned over to Baros, whispering in the man's ear that the Queen had extensive burn scars from the attack of Omni on Kuat during the Clockwork Rebellion. The dress would require a form of cover for the neck, arms and shoulders.

@[member="Baros Sal-Soren"]

OOC - Forgot to tag you, apologies.

Holding his breath, Baros noted the lack of visual cues at a few of his attempts. How he despised failure. But it was his failure, and the only thing he hated more than failing was failing without grace and poise. He was glad however to hear that one of the items would be worn by her daughter. This was a good catch for a young and trending brand like Glitterstim. Holding out his datapad, he allowed for the buyer's servant to put in the measurements for her master's daughter.

He was caught a little by surprise when he heard words whispered into his ear. He did not react outwardly though, poise was important. He was, he guessed, glad to know why, although it was not really necessary. He would make it cover more if she simply desired to rip the sleeves off herself. A client like this needed not explain her wants or needs. His job was to see them fulfilled.

"I can have this garment remade in any form you desire, m'Lady," he said reassuringly, but not in a pandering pathetic tone, rather confident and calming, "I have more selections available in catalog if you wish to see some past designs for further inspiration? I would not accept anything but a new creation, unique to you, but perhaps you desire something that will better exemplify your regal standing..."

He paused, as if remembering one other item. Turning his datapad towards his client.

"...M'Lady?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom