Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Deliria-class submarine

Status
Not open for further replies.
deliria_class_conventional_attack_submarine_by_stealthflanker-d53sxza.png

A Deliria with its turrets retracted

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To provide a submarine class for defense of oceanic planets
  • Image Source: DeviantArt
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Attack submarine
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Meran Mechanics
  • Model: Deliria-class attack submarine
  • Affiliation: Silver Jedi Order
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Durasteel outer hull, quadranium pressure hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Attack submarine
  • Role: Attack submarine
  • Size: Large for a submarine
  • Length: 70m
  • Width: 8m
  • Height: 7m
  • Weight: Heavy for a submarine; 2,000 tons (surfaced), 2,500 tons (submerged)
  • Minimum Crew: 5
  • Optimal Crew: 20
  • Propulsion: Air-independent propulsion
  • Speed: Slow: 40 km/h
  • Maneuverability: Low
  • Armament:
  • 6 proton rocket launchers (4 forward and 2 aft); 60 proton rockets total
  • 4 Anoat electromagnetic plasma cannons (in double turrets; 1 forward and 1 aft)
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Squadron Count: 2
  • Passenger Capacity: 100
  • Cargo Capacity: 20 tons
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Silent while underwater due to air-independent propulsion
  • Heavy firepower under the form of proton rockets
  • Heavy defenses
Weaknesses:
  • Electromagnetic plasma cannons cannot be used while underwater
  • Limited ammunition: if the proton rocket magazines are exhausted, the craft is vulnerable
  • If the missile magazines are penetrated, the submarine can be killed
  • Slow, ponderous
Description: Given known intelligence about the Galactic Empire's pocket submarines, the Silver Jedi set out to find a way to fight the Imperial pocket submarines, while reminding mindful of the need to minimize noise, given known methods of submarine warfare. As with submarines capable of diving to about 300 meters deep, the submarine is double-hulled, and the habitable area is called the pressure hull, with the hull designed to minimize the noise projected outward when the submarine is underway, especially when submerged. It can control its movements with the help of rudders, horizontal and vertical. The main armament consists of 4 Anoat electromagnetic plasma cannons, arrayed in double turrets that can be retracted while the craft is submerged, and six proton rocket launchers that can be used against submarines and other surface water vehicles while surfaced, or even land vehicles if used in coastal waters. Due to the design of the electromagnetic plasma cannons, they cannot be fired while submerged. It can also be used to help in insertions of attacking forces in underwater cities, or of offshore platforms when airborne insertion is not recommended.

Due to the size of the submarine, it can carry up to 100 troops in that manner, but the Deliria is slow and ponderous as a result. Also another flaw that is due to the magazines is that penetration of the magazines can potentially kill the sub if there are enough projectiles. Surfacing and submerging is done via underside ballasts: diving is done by means of submerging the ballasts, while the submarine surfaces by empting the ballasts by means of bilge pumps.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Hey-o! Can I have ...

-The link to Meran Mechanics (Wookie link is fine, I know its canon)

-I'm actually not sure your weight is heavy enough for a submarine.The largest one in the real world was 48,000 tons. Now this is no massive submarine but I think that could be tweaked. 100 crew seems about right for a larger submarine but I think the weight is off.

http://gizmodo.com/5895441/the-worlds-biggest-nuclear-submarine-is-also-one-of-the-sneakiest

[member="Delila Castillon"] In the world of submarines, one needs to be mindful of whether you're talking about the surfaced or submerged displacement, so I listed both, with the understanding that surfaced displacement is going to be the dry weight.

The closest real-world equivalent, the Kilo-class, is a little wider and also weighs more (2300 tons surfaced). But 2,000 tons would be about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom