Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Delilah's Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Header_Ship.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To submit Tarsi's personal(ly stolen) freighter.
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link: /
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Original: Fa Holdings | Modified extensively by: Daro Tarsi.
  • Model: Delilah's Hope.
  • Affiliation: Daro Tarsi
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Glasteel, Matrix Armor, Alusteel, Stygium.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Elite Freighter
  • Length: 39 meters.
  • Width: 20 meters
  • Height: 9 meters
  • Armament: None. The armament has been disassembled, but the fixed points remain. Similarly the targeting systems are still in place and simply disabled. This means it is possible for the freighter to 'power-up' its systems and target enemy ships, which would show up on their sensors. The starship obviously can't actually fire, but it does do wonders for intimidation purposes.
  • Defenses: High.
  • Squadron Count: None: 1
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Extreme.
  • Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast: 0.3
STANDARD FEATURES
Has all the standard features an elite freighter should possess to function and be effective. Among them are:

• Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Cargo Hold/Restraints
  • Standard Escape Pods
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Advanced ECM / EWS systems.
    ​NEEDLE Remote Slicing Unit. One of the main systems the Hope possess is a custom modified NEEDLE unit. This allows the ship to assist and enhance Daro's slicing abilities. From ships to facilities and computer systems the NEEDLE is a powerful tool that gives the opportunity to breach even highly fortified electronic systems. [ When in use the power drain causes a -2 rating on speed, maneuverability, defenses. ]
  • Codebreaker. Allows for swapping out IFF, transponder codes when one needs to get somewhere covert-like.

[*]Comm-scan.
[*]Hyperwave signal interceptor.
[*]Hyperspace Orbiting Scanner. This system enables the Hope to receive, record and process hyperspace shadows while it is located in hyperspace. Then it is capable of reconstructing these shadows into the data actually being transmitted.
[*]Crystal gravfield trap.
[*]Gemcutter.
[*]Stygium Cloak.
[*]Thrust Trace Dampers.
[*]Gravitic Modulator.
Strengths:
  • Stealth: The ship has a comprehensive stealth suite that hides it from most forms of detection.
  • Agile: Its engines and structure makes it extremely fast and highly maneuverable both in space as well as in atmosphere.
  • Spy: Decked out with sensory equipment and EWS suites out of the wazoo. The Hope excels in spying, slicing and intercepting electronic traffic, starship signals, HoloNet hubs and anything in between. One of its main components is the NEEDLE unit integrated into the ship that enables it to remotely slice into all manners of systems. "Can't stop the signal. Everything goes somewhere and I go everywhere."
Weaknesses:
  • No armament: Yeah, no, this ship isn't attacking anyone in any conventional way.
  • Back-up: Literally none. The Hope is on its own, doesn't have any squadrons or anything else to offset the lack of armament capabilities.
  • Ion: While possessing strong defenses its sensitive equipment is very susceptible to ion weaponry, EMPs and the sort. They can cause them to go haywire and become ineffective for an extended duration.
  • Spy: The NEEDLE unit is a large drain on the systems of the ship and this results in a significant drop of the Hope's efficiency. It becomes noticeably slower, less maneuverable and weaker in its defense as power is re-routed to the NEEDLE. For this reason the NEEDLE is most useful when the ship is stationary, rather than attempt using it on the fly as the ship is traveling somewhere.
Description: At its essence the Hope is a highly specialized spy and slicer's ship. It is decked out with extensive sensory equipment from a military-grade comm-scan array to a crystal gravfield trap and even a gemcutter. This in combination with the extensive ECM / EWS ensures that it is very capable at detecting things and even co-opting, slice or hijacking them for its own purposes.

To assist with this and to lower the risk to the ship it is outfitted with a comprehensive stealth suite. After all, it has no dedicated armament to speak of and that can make it highly risky to operate.

A stygium cloak, thrust trace dampers and a gravitic modulator ensure that there are only a limited amount of ways to properly detect the ship if you aren't aware it's there.

When someone asks Daro about the name of the ship he will just shrug and snort, but pour some liquor in him (or simply wait until he does it himself) the story might come out. About how many years ago he dug it up from beneath the ocean with a band of helpers, some secretive hush-hush underwater facility of a large shipwright in the Core worlds. He will get wistful when telling the tale, eyes shining, as if those were some of the best days of his life.

Might be they were.

But either way, the ship came with the name and Daro was amused by it, deciding to simply let it stay as is. Easier than to try an' hardwire the internal systems to flash its IDs after all.

Daro Tarsi said:
Hyperspace Orbiting Scanner.
Tell me a little bit more about this piece of equipment on the ship (or how it's used on this ship) and elaborate about its slicing abilties please. Does it have specific equipment to enable slicing aside from the HOS and typical ship computers?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Gir Quee"]

In all honesty I just imagined them similar to how the article portrays it? The ship enters hyperspace in orbit of a planet, records and processes, then recreates the data. As for the equipment, I imagine that as a dedicated slicer ship, it has all the standard gear of a slicer, things like souped up scramble key systems and the sort.

Obviously if any of this is used against PCs I'd need permission for any specific information gained or if interfering with their systems as per usual.

I can write attempts, but the results are up to them.But

[member="Daro Tarsi"], I don't see any issue with what you're describing as its capabilities, particularly if it's mostly focused on data collection. I imagine what we're getting into beyond that is probably more of the realm of the individual slicer's gear and personal equipment.

However, I'd like to see some sort of disclaimer in here though that this isn't something used offensively to hack into enemy ships, facilities, etc and then turn off systems or sabotage them (there's a handful of technologies that specifically do that, such as the NEEDLE remote slicing unit). If that's a specific ability that goes beyond the slicer's skill or typical tools and is actually a part of the ship itself that you're planning on including in the ship, I'd like to see a bit more of description of how it works or a link to that technology.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Gir Quee"]

You know, I was planning on subbing systems like that for the ship and then add them later through sub mods, because I wasn't aware this existed already. I figured the additions of ECM/EWS systems would be a good foundation for this, but that's kinda perfect.

I am gonna add it to my systems and do a little revamp. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

--

Edit: I added the NEEDLE (and an IFF swapper, but that's less relevant to balance) to the advanced systems. I clarified within the advanced systems what it can do and then attached a caveat that hopefully balances out its strong capabilities. I added a few more lines to the Spy strength and added another weakness to highlight this caveat in the submission.

Let me know if that works for you.

[member="Daro Tarsi"], updates look solid.

I know that you probably already know this, but this is one of those "for the record" statements: slicing can be one of those areas which can very easily be abused. As with all competitive RP, the defender will ultimately decide the "hits" taken by slicing from this ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom