Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deja vu? It's you........?!

"it is the atrisian way espiecally when it comes to daughters. They want to make sure well nothing happens" She smiled hoping he understood what she meant.

"My age? well sir surely you don't expect me to tell you." she laughed, "I'm 26, how old are you?" what kept her here. How could she make him understand this.

"I stay because the troops and people who support Hyogo need someone to look to, to take care of them. Its the duty of family to take care of those who have sworn allegiance to my family" It was honor it was the belief that they needed they needed her.

"It might be an old thought I guess" and to say nothing about her changing allegiances she feared what it would do to her home.

[member="Caid Centurion"]

Caid Centurion

C
Caid was silent as he listened to [member="Arabella Darkhold"]'s entire response. When she finally concluded her responses, Caid could not help but roll his eyes. "I'm twenty eight and, no offense, but that all sounds like a load of crap. It's the Atrisian way for daughters to have their entire lives manipulated? For what purpose? Are you untrustworthy? Moronic?"

As they turned a corner down an adjacent street, Caid continued. "I highly doubt that your family estate will crumble without your presence here to...guide day-to-day affairs. That's rubbish. You can take care of the family and its vassals without being physically present one hundred percent of the time. Besides, as we've already covered, it is your father's estate. The responsibility is quite literally his own, not yours." Caid really wasn't trying to preach, but the twenty-six year old seemed like she had the galactic experience of a pre-teen girl.

"There are places you could go...places where you could make a name for yourself, or you could simply remain in the shadows while you continued to learn and grow. It's entirely up to you, of course."

Bella laughed she could hear Caid's tone, "No I'm Atrisian, maybe in some parts of the galaxy yeah its BS but here its not our honor is tied to our house, and it is my father's house. His legacy his place of refuge, but he's been gone for a while, I'm not sure he's coming back, and my brother is missing too. So..I'm it."

They walked along the great wall back through the markets and then away where it grew a bit more silent, the whispers and shouts fading away.

"Ahh, are you speaking of power, or influence?" She motioned towards a large wooden gate, a side gate into the gardens. She put her hand to the door and pushed, inside the house guards stood ready.

"Its only me, this is Centurion-san, he is welcome here" Bella walked towards the path.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid gave a snort of derision at Arabella's stubborn retort. "I'll let you tell it. Our places of birth do not have to determine who and what we are. We are all of the Force, and we will all be returned to it in the end. These contrived realities that we force upon ourselves independent of that one simple fact...are all irrelevant in the end."

His mouth had closed before he realized just how much he sounded like Master Miahr. Still, Keishi was a bitter Cathar and probably not the best to be mimicking when discussing individual identities. "Forgive me - if this is the life you wish to live, then live it. I come from a world of very strong traditions and culture too, but I preferred to live my own life. You can do the same was all I was saying."

Yet, he got the sense that Arabella was already to set in her ways of being a 'Lady of the House' to ever truly break from that. Shame. As they entered through the gate, Caid offered a simple nod to the guard before replying to Arabella's question. "I speak of freedom, choice, living. Power and influence need not be a destination, they are merely side effects, rewards for completing your own personal journey to knowing and striving to reach your maximum potential."

"maximum potential." This she had to consider she could leave, come back. Could, come away from what she knew, maybe. She looked at Caid again. "I began a journey a time ago but I"m not sure that the path I was on then, is really who I am. I've encountered others who have said these same things to me Caid."

She walked slowly as her thoughts solidified, "I'm just not sure how to proceed to show who I am" If he looked he would sense a bit of confusion, and see hesitancy in her manner.

"I know that anything I do can bring power and influence to my House, but I have to temper what I was into what I am now. And that requires patience, and teaching, as Cam's son are you Sith trained?" He of course had deduced she was Sith by her association with his father.

But she knew sons did not always follow fathers...she needed to ask.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid really wasn't the type to mince words or give people a pat on the back for feeling confused or sad about their lot in life. Things were rough all over, and he just didn't have the time for it. "Does it matter?" Caid's silver-green gaze settled on [member="Arabella Darkhold"] with no shortage of genuine curiosity. "Let's just say I am trained in the ways of the Force. The quick need to place labels on the specific ideals and methods of individuals is, honestly, not something I've ever much placed stock in. The Force itself is universal, uncomplicated. It's sentient beings that create problems, conflict."

That being said, Caid was by no means a saint. He believed that it was possible for people to achieve their own individual goals through varying methods. The galaxy was big enough for everyone to, more or less, have a slice of whatever they so desired. That being said, he couldn't quite condone things that did not happen efficiently. Order was of rather supreme importance to the Centurion/Cavataio heir. Swiftly, Caid redirected the conversation back to Arabella. "And what do you mean you have to temper who you were with who you are now? That doesn't even make any sense, and I presume you're complicating the matter."

Objective observation.

Does it matter It did how could he understand what she twisted up inside over, if he did not know the disciplines that Sith Masters put their students through.

"What do I mean, I mean I'm not just a Sith anymore. I can let go of seeking power and domination for something more personal, more rewarding, and have it happen as I want it to. So, more than what I was, and skills tempered with who I want to be. I want to choose Caid. It's like choosing to help you when some would ignore you and move on to something, or someone else."

She walked through the archway to the house, "the laundry is this way" She wasn't mad or uncomfortable at this point she was just feeling bubbles of her emotions beginning to rise and fall. It was still hard to say she was not a Sith, she was what they called Dark Jedi.

Dark Jedi, it sounded ominious, it sounded like a Sith confused.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid just shook his head. Once [member="Arabella Darkhold"] had indicated where the laundry was, he peeled off almost immediately. The young Centurion had learned long ago that it was rather pointless attempting to reason with people that could not be reasoned with. Granted, he knew very little of Arabella's history, but he did know that his entire, massive family was composed of a variety of dark siders...many of them having spent hundreds of years travelling the galaxy.

Perhaps Caid was the naive one for thinking it was even his place to try and help Arabella. Within a matter of a few minutes, Caid returned to Arabella. "Thanks again."

He officially had no idea what to do next.

[member="Ciardha Ren"]

She watched him go off to the laundry, she did not understand why everyone thought it so awful that she had a sense of duty to her home. She is an Atrisian. She made a face and tried to think.

She just didn't understand...good grief.

She growled to herself, and then headed to the laundry, "Were you trying to say you could help me with some kind of training to like curb some of my darker tendencies?" She thought she had said she needed that help but maybe she needed to just say it plainly and see what reaction happened.

Caid Centurion

C
[member="Arabella Darkhold"]

Caid arched a curious eyebrow at the woman as she spoke of training. "What? Do you need to curb your darker tendencies? What is it that you even want, Arabella? You keep yourself sequestered here because of some cultuarl or social imperative. You say...you don't want to be a Sith, that you can instead be something different. Do you even really know what it means to be a Sith? What difference are you imagining is out there for you?" The words were spoken as casually as if Caid were reading a book. There was little reason to be hostile with the woman. She may have been confusing, but that simply could have been because she was...confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom