Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Deimos-class Light Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
yEnINsT.jpg

FPNlEN4.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: An agile frigate for Arctrus and its customers.
  • Image Source: Deimos Class Frigate & Deimos and Phobos by LeonovichDmitriy
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Assault Frigate | Pirate Hunter
  • Length: 240.5 metres
  • Width: 90.8 metres
  • Height: 45.7 metres
  • Armament: High
    • [3] Heavy Dual Turbolaser Turrets (Dorsal, Ventral, & Rear)
    • [12] Quad Laser Cannon Turrets
    • [2] Variable Warhead Launchers
    • [1] Variable Warhead Minelayer
  • Defences: Low
  • Hangar Space: Low | N/A
  • Hangar Allocations: N/A
  • Manoeuvrability Rating: High | Very Low (SLAM)
  • Speed Rating: High | Extreme (SLAM)
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average | Class 1.2 (Primary) & Class 6 (Backup)
  • Crew Complement: 20 Officers & various Integrated Droid Brains
  • Security Complement: 450 S1 Battle Droids & 50 S2 Super Battle Droids
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • The Deimos-class sports a SLAM drive, allowing it to accelerate to incredible speeds for shorter periods, at the cost of manoeuvrability.
STRENGTHS
  • King of the Gunboats: Swift, agile, and armed to the teeth, the Deimos-class handles like a gunboat a fourth its size while packing the firepower to match or exceed the average frigate, making it well-suited for patrols, starfighter screening, and flanking actions alike.
  • Omnidirectional: Carefully designed for optimal weapons coverage, the Deimos-class is able to fire two of its turbolasers forwards or backwards, or all three in a devastating broadside and its quad laser cannons are positioned to allow for omnidirectional starfighter screening.
  • Automated: Like most Arctrus starships, the Deimos-class is heavily automated, requiring only a crew of twenty for optimal performance - some models are even designed to operate entirely autonomously. (Customers can order models with regular crew requirements.)
WEAKNESSES
  • Glass Cannon: While agile, the Deimos-class' sleek hull and mediocre shield make it ill-suited for battles of attrition.
  • Lone Wolf: The Deimos-class has only one tiny hangar and thus cannot carry fighter squadrons or much in the way of support craft.
  • Automated: While certainly convenient, heavy reliance on automation brings with it its own share of problems - for instance, one of these frigates could feasibly be stolen by a single highly skilled slicer if they get access to the bridge or main computer core.
DESCRIPTION
Piracy. One of the great scourges of civilisation, if the Federal Security Council of Erakhis is to be believed. Arctrus Astronautical, having lost numerous shipments to such "vile degenerates", would certainly be inclined to agree.

It was to counter this persistent - and very unprofitable - state that the Deimos-class was first commissioned. Fast enough to hunt down smaller raiders and powerful enough to rip through the hulls of any who fail to immediately surrender themselves to the Erakhian Federation's tender mercies, the Demios-class was quickly produced in great numbers for company and government both, placed into ever-higher acclaim with every scoundrel consigned to the void - while at the same time becoming infamous in criminal circles as heralds of swift and merciless death.

As is the nature of corporate ventures, with success came expansion, and the Deimos-class was made available to the broader galaxy - sometimes, the "silly little fears" of these new clients resulted in Deimos' being designed for more standard crew complements, but for the most part they remained as they had in service to Arctrus and the local government - swift, sleek, and manned only by a token crew.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Eocin Chiyat Eocin Chiyat

A solid looking boat so far, I just want to see if we can't bring the boat into balance once SLAM is activated. I recently used this on a submission of my own, and I put in my speed for Very High with SLAM and dropped my maneuverability down to Very Low. Since you're already coming from the rating of high, you could probably drop the maneuverability down by one. This way you're keeping all your other stats along with the minor production rating. :)

Alternatively, you could drop one of the other ratings by one, up to you.

Let me know what you decide and when your edits are made. :)

Fiolette Raaf

Apologies, I'm not quite sure I understand - are you saying that I should reduce the manoeuvrability by three ratings when SLAM is activated to compensate for the fact that "Extreme" is a very, well, extreme rating, or that the very fact that the vessel has such a function necessitates the reduction in one of the ratings overall? If it's the latter, I dare say I would rather just remove the SLAM - High/High/High Low/Low is just such a satisfying ratio.

(I took a look at your submission, and while it is very nice, it didn't really clarify it to me - you are close enough to the 200-mark that I could see the "None" meaning an effective "Low", balance-wise, but I know Factory has been reluctant to let Hangar ratings mean "close to" rather than "over".)

Fiolette Fortan

F
Eocin Chiyat Eocin Chiyat My apologies for any confusion, I wanted to illustrate the Very Low to Very High Ratio when utilizing SLAM. Essentially, your extreme rating does put the boat off-balance, by one. You may lower a rating down of your choosing, or as suggested earlier drop your SLAM activated maneuverability by one which satisfies the aforementioned rating issue.

Once changes have been made to the submission, I'll be more than happy to pass the boat along. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom