Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Defensor-class Anti-Missile Vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensor-class Anti-Missile Vessel

Zealot_Light_Cruiser_by_KaranaK.jpg

Image Credit: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/237/6/4/Zealot_Light_Cruiser_by_KaranaK.jpg
Intent: To provide the Lords of the Fringe with a dedicated, small anti-missile craft.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Invictus Aeronautics
Model: AMSV-1 Monitor
Affiliation: Lords of the Fringe
Modularity: None.
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Durasteel
Description: Looking to prove to the Fringe Confederacy that Invictus Aeronautics is capable of finding a plugging holes in their fleet, IVA created the Defensor-class in order to provide the Fringe with a deployable anti-missile craft to aid with screening duties and help protect capital ships. Cheap but effective, the Defensor is designed to stay tight in fleet formation, deploying from capital ships in order to help protect the main battle line and flanks against missiles, fighters, and other solid projectiles. The two laser cannons are a self-preservative afterthought. Ship-to-ship, the Defensor will struggle against just about any other craft. Taking up about as much hangar space as a heavy dropship, the Defensor-class does the job it has been designed to, and that’s about it.

Classification: Light Support Ship
Role: Missile Defense Screen
Height: 12 metres
Width: 20 metres
Length: 60 metres
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 3.0
Minimum Crew: 2
Optimal Crew: 7
Armaments:

• 2 x laser cannons

• 16 x flakguns
Hangar: None

Non-Combative Attachments:

• Missile Sensor System

• Deflector Shield Generator

• Standard Life Support Systems

• Standard Navigational Systems

• Advanced Missile Targeting Systems

• Encryption Network

• Escape Pods

• Communications Array
Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: 100kg
Consumables: 1 week
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 4

While I am willing to approve this as it is, you've given up passengers, cargo, hyperdrive, and most of your regular armament for those flack guns there's some things I want to make sure of first.
Are you sure you don't want that hyperdrive and to make this dependent on transport ships? This will limit invasion fleets that carry these instead of dropships.
And flack is more anti-fighter while point defense lasers are geared more towards missile defense, which you have this billed as. Do you want to change the gun type?
@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

@[member="Domino"]
I went for flakguns due to point defence systems having a very limited range, so I'd like to keep them.

Edited in a Class 3 hyperdrive.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom