Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The trip to Gallinore took a little longer then Kista had hoped. Trvaeling to the Consortium was not something the young woman thought she would ever due. Not just because of Kista preferred to stay upon Mandalore. It was because normally the boarders of the Consortium were closed.

The treaty that was signed by the Mando’alor [member="Yasha Mantis"] and the Queen Mother [member="Allana Badeaux"] opened quite a few doors. One such door was opened with a holocom call by the Hapen Mistress of Commerce Duch’a [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]. It was an invitation to come to discuss building some armor for the Hapen Royal marines. Kista might just get a defense contract with the Hapes Consortium?

Upon her shuttle landing upon the ground she exited the back.

Mel did not know how she was going to handle the Mandalorians. They were a people that seemed lost at times with all the political upheaval they could equal the hapans. So why was she meeting with a representative of a mandalorian company?

She had asked herself that several times this morning as she prepared for the meeting.

There were a few easy answers for a change one her queen had signed a treaty with them so she wanted to make an effort, and two the company was owned by a woman which suited Mel fine.

She watched her guest descend out the back of her ship. Her stride was confident a good sign, now let's see what she could do. She waited for her to get closer.

@Kista Bralor

Through red crystal T-visor lens, Kista could see her host for the day. She did not truly know what to expect today. Luckily Kista did have some none Mandlaorian contact thanks to her Grandmother. Something like most cultures believed it was more welcoming to be able to see her eyes?

So she took off her helm and clipped it to her belt. Long auburn hair fell to her shoulders, and then she walked over to great her hostess. “Hello”, having a little bit of forethought Kista chose a softer tone to great Mel. “You’re Duch’a Dallamoor, I hope”, well Kista was trying. She was not blessed with the courtly etiquette like some of her family.

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

@Kista Bralor

"I am Duch'a Dallamoor, you I assume are Kista Bralor, is that correct?" If anything they could be direct with one another they were after all women of some position. A business owner and a noble...that's a step up...

She tried looking into the girls' eyes to see what was there fear, hope, determination...so far she couldn't tell maybe that should be left for conversation. She took a few steps and then held out her hand, "how do you say a greeting in Mandalorian?" Mel had no idea of the language..she still thought of them as...well...mercenaries..

[SIZE=9pt]A smile came to Kist’as lips. Was it out of joy or some deeper meaning? “Su cuy’gar is how you say hello”, [/SIZE]Kista took a closer look at Mel’s choice in clothing. Soft, yet thin clothing that was more pleasant to the eyes then for protection. She was trying to understand the practical application for this.

[SIZE=9pt]“So mass produced armor for your military”,[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] getting right down to talking about business. Kista did not do small talk very well. Maybe it was after product of living in a hash waste land with little time to spare on things that was not needed to survive. [/SIZE]

@Kista Bralor

"Su cuy'gar I think I can remember that." Mel nodded, "Yes mass produced armor for our military. What do you have to offer in this area?"

Business it was and that was ok with Mel.

She was still doing her assessment of the young woman. But she would admit she liked that she didn't want to waste a bunch of time with the pleasantries getting down to business left little chance for mistakes in negotiations.

[SIZE=9pt]“What can I offer”,[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] a brow perked as she contemplated this. “I can imagine allot but that does not mean t is what you need. Mandalorian steel will be on the docket. Not only are there laws I’m bound to the cost to mass produce such armor away from Mandalore would b to high to be cost effective. There are other methods I can use to make a dense metal that can take quite a lot of punishment. One such method is taking normal steel and smelt it down and reforge it under zero gravity. This method can be used with a wide range of materials but it is not a easy process and takes a skilled hand. There is a number of functions we can put into the armor but one of the main attractions to powered armor is a HUD in the helmet. How familiar are you with HUDs Duch’a Dallamoor?”[/SIZE]

Mel nodded, "I do not expect that you would break laws, or traditions. I only want something that is suitable in function and design, and well worth the credits that you will ask.

"HUD's...something about visually helping the wearer with a number of functions. I'm not sure the Hapan form would be accomodating to an HUD that I've seen you wear...something more elegant would be needed. Are you able to design something that isn't...." the word Mel almost said was barbaric looking. She held back though.

"What would you be suggesting for an HUD for our military?" She wanted to be fair and give her a chance but she also wanted her people to look Hapan.

@Kista Bralor

[SIZE=9pt]“Well for starters within this HUD System a number of functions could be added like enhancing one vision to see over long distances or just added functions to see in the dark. Quite often Mando’ade place a targeting system within a HUD that can link to your weaponry to improve accuracy. Life support reading can be placed within the HUD as a number of other key systems that could approve the combat survivability. If you like I could make a suit for you and you can get a better feel personally for power suits like this.” [/SIZE]

@Kista Bralor

"This all sounds very good it would enhance our military and their effectiveness. I was also wondering do you do personal orders?" She was in need of a set of armor something elegant that would help with her night blindness.

If Kista could deliver on all things for the Navy she would grace her with an order for herself. So for now she needed to get a few more details and then consider what was needed for both.

[SIZE=9pt]Things were going well. The possibility to have a contract closer to being on paper made Kista very pleased. She still needed the contract to be documented. She was sure the Duch’a had strict policies she had to follow and be documented. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Yes we can work on a personal suit for you. I would need to get your personal dimensions to make the armor an exact fit”,[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] sure it was easy enough. She would be happy to make a suit for Mel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“As for the armor for your military, is there any colors you wish to be on the armor to help represent your government or idea for use of this armor”,[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] there was lots of different variables when government chose color for the armor. [/SIZE]

@Kista Bralor

"Yes the colors of the Consortium" Mel produced one of the emblems of the consortium.

hapeslogo.png
"These colors" She did not believe that to be a difficult task it should be simple. But she needed to outline everything that they agree to, color, fit, design, weaponry if any all to be sure that neither side felt cheated once the deal was done.

[SIZE=9pt]Looking at the symbol Kista knew that would help a great deal. There was many shades of blue and gold even on the symbol that was being used. She also believed she would not have to take the symbol with her. “I can take a saved image on my HUD”, Kista slipped on the helm and looked over the symbol taking several pictures based on lighting. That way she was sure she would get the correct colors.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]After taking the pictures she took off the helm once more. “That will help tremendously. I took several pictures with different lighting conditions in order to get the color scheme perfect. Are there any other futures you wish this armor to have? Do you wish it to be a seal environment so that way the wearing can breathe in hostile environments?” [/SIZE]

@Kista Bralor

Mel thought a moment about it, "That would be a good feature" it would to be able to breath when there was no air, "Would that filter the air, or filter toxins?" There was a difference. She needed to be sure of what it was first.

Just in case she remembered reading that imperial storm troopers masks filtered only air but not toxins so many died in battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom