Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Dedicated section for open market subs

Open Market items are always getting made, right. But the problem is hunting for them.

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand 's writer was the one I think who had a bit of a solution by making a short list a while back on a blog, but I don't remember that to well.

What I am talking about is a dedicated section that has links to all open market or otherwise somehow free items, or the ability of writers to create individual threads in this section that they have to update on their own initiative with their own open market canon creations, rather than depend on a judge to arrange the links.

This idea, I feel, would be a massive quality of life improvement, not just for current members, but newer ones, who would want to just find subs to basically pick up and go rp with, without the hassle of creating one on their own. It would also serve as a primer for new members on how subs work with an easy to understand section of the site

This would be different from the Marketplace, which Contains a mix of open and closed subs (and arguably still has some elements of roleplay given the interaction I have witnessed. I'm not attempting to circumvent the necessity of the market place). This section would be created solely as an option for individual Members to post their open market sub lists only on their own initiative, so not only do subs that might otherwise be used by only a few people gain greater observation, increasing the chances of use, but it helps new players find their footing faster and encourage them to try making their own subs.

Toltec

▂ ▅ ▇ █ ◧⟤⟤⬛⟥⟥◨ █ ▇ ▅ ▂
oh this reminds me of the Great Factory Expansion idea I had.

But yeah if everyone just tagged their submissions openmarket or private, with the tag, you could easily search by it that way. Maybe John Locke John Locke should enforce that more actively.

The only thing is basically everything listed on the marketplace is “open market” minus making maybe one post to request permission which is always approved. As an avid marketplace seller myself all of my stuff are listed as closed market, but I’ve never denied any purchase. Driving traffic to a marketplace gives you more clout and visibility on your products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom