Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deadman Wonderland (Open! 500 Mil Cr prize)

Stealth was not a mechanical art; unlike in combat, you couldn't fall back on patterns you'd drilled over and over again. There was no autopilot; every movement, every sound and patch of light and shadow, had to be carefully calculated in order to remain undetected. And so Dyll couldn't afford to go on without thinking, dulling his mind against the things he'd seen. He had to be awake, alert, and fully conscious of his surroundings, or dozens of madmen would descend on him and pull him apart. He almost wanted them to end it. He wanted to want that. But survival was the core of his being now. He was incapable of surrender.

Thus, as he took cover behind the blood-spattered refreshment carts, Dyll was fully aware of the screams coming from the haunted house. He was fully aware that the other contestants were being taken there to be tortured into madness, then death. And he really, really didn't want to care. His number one rule was to look out for himself and his own; if he could help without it getting in the way of that rule, fine, he would. Helping the people in that haunted house would cross that line. He would be putting himself in unnecessary danger. He would probably lose the money, the whole reason for his being here.

It was stupid to even consider it. The people being tortured in there would've killed him in a heartbeat to get at the reward; they were less than nothing to him. Letting them rot would solve all of his problems forever. Besides, he already had a reputation as a criminal with too much of a conscience, the smuggler who was too good for slavers; if he turned down hundreds of millions on account of some misguided sense of decency, what crime boss in his right mind would hire him? With the money he wouldn't have to work for slime like them ever again. He could save his family, get married, live a quiet life, forget all this.

So why the kriffing druk was he still sitting there, screams echoing in the tattered remains of his soul?

Because he knew he wouldn't forget. Enough credits to bury himself in couldn't wash him clean of the things he'd seen and done that day. He wondered if he'd even make it as far as his parents' hospital beds before he shoved the barrel of his blaster in his mouth and pulled the trigger. No matter what paradise world he found for himself, no matter what loving company he surrounded himself with, he knew in his heart that he would never scour away these sights and sounds. If he took the money he would be letting himself be a part of this madness. He would be condoning what had happened in this maze.

The galaxy was an ugly place, and Dyll had done plenty to keep it that way. He'd killed and cheated and lied and robbed, and he didn't allow himself a moment's regret. I did what I had to, he told himself. Only this time, he would know that wasn't true. His greed, his desperate desire to find a quick fix for all of his problems, had landed him in the midst of an evil so deep and dark he shone like a star in comparison. He couldn't let himself become that tarnished inside. He might save his family, but how could he look them in the eye? "Kriff the galaxy and kriff me," he whispered, voice hoarse, eyes red.

And then he made for the doors of the haunted house, his back to the money, scattergun in hand. The die was cast.

@[member=Rexus Drath]

Rexus Drath

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Dyllaefi Cridu"]

"Well i cant leave you, just make this quick." Rex looked around on his toes. The woman looked scared out of her mind, her eyes blackened and bruised hidden behind her blonde hair. "Yes, I think so." she coughed and walked forward weakly. "We need to go, he's coming back. He killed all my friends." she pointed to all the bodies strapped to the walls, the smell of dead rotting flesh was heavy through the room. "We signed up as team then we got here and he picked us all off one at a time. We have to.." the woman failed to finish her sentence due to a knife that had seemed to lodge itself into her lung. Staggering backwards she fell to the ground holding her wound. "Freedom I swear it's never tasted sooooo good!" from where Rex and Vulps had entered a man walked in dressed in rather fancy clothes holding a pair of knives with dozens more strapped on him. Rexus backed and pointed to the girl on the ground. "Take care of her, I got this joke. Get her out of here, I'l catch up. And dont argue with me, get her somewhere safeish." drawing his saber Rex activated it and charged the man. "Get to the park! Get the guy in charge!"

The park though was anything but safe, well it was safer than usual. Most of the convicts were off watching some grand spectacle in the big tent. The defenses at the haunted house were more than lowered, he had a chance to get in and save those people. Dyllaefi made his way to the haunted house strangely easily using his stealthy tactics. Once inside the house the sounds of screams and laughs could be heard distinctly from the basement of the place. The home was erie and strobe lights constantly flickered as music played slowly in the background. Most of the guards had left to the event, cridu was in luck he could waste the what little stated behind and free the prisoners. He had lucked out until a shout was heard from the basement "SHUT YOUR MOUTHS!!! I AM THE KING OF THIS FETHING PARK!" it was no doubt the king Bo Bo that had been referred by the goons earlier. A man who is the the king would no doubt be a fight of a lifetime if he survived and thrived in this hell hole. He had stayed to welcome the new prisoners before he left to the big tent. "You think you can walk into my park and take my prize money?! You think that I am a fool!? I'm going to kill all of you, slow painfully in every way you fear. I'm going to get medieval on your asses!" This was the smugglers chance to cut the head off the snake.

Vulpesen's eyes widened and had @[member="Rexus Drath"] not shooed him away, Vulpesen would have struck down the attacker before he could even flinch. As it was, Vulpesen scooped up the girl and ran behind cover. He had little to no training in healing, having only learned how to heal a few cuts back when he was traveling the galaxy, but now with adrenaline coursing through him, and his desire to save this woman, he allowed himself to be immersed in the force. Despite being a jedi, Vulpesen disagreed with one piece of the code. There was passion, but it simply depended on what the passions were that made them dangerous. As such, Vulpesen relied on his passion for defending this person's life to feed his power in the force, relying on it to power his abilities beyond their normal standards.

Vulpesen called upon the force as he slowly drew out the dagger while healing this woman's wounds. He wasn't experienced enough to do anything permanent but it would work until they got out of here, assuming she didn't push herself. "Just breathe and stay awake!" His voice was serious as he spoke to the woman. She would not die in his arms as he worked to heal her. "Tell me your name, and your story, don't stop talking, but don't push yourself to do so." As he spoke, Vulpesen's mind began to settle to his task, taking the momentary panic out of his voice. Despite Rex's orders, Vulpesen's anger remained on the dagger wielder, and though Vulpesen could not move against the enemy, there were four extensions of his mind that could. A nexu, a krath hound, a boma, and an anooba all stood at Rex's sides, waiting for their prey to even twitch for a sign to attack.

This was colossally stupid. Even if he managed to rescue anyone, how could they possibly escape the maze? Was he really capable of saving these people?

But he was committed now; if he changed his mind, he risked running into all of the inmates he'd managed to avoid on the way to the haunted house. Dyll was just glad that most of the remaining lunatics seemed to be otherwise occupied in the big tent at the center; even from this distance he could hear yelling and jeering. The fact that it wasn't all over already made him wonder if that dark-robed figure was the one they were laughing at. If so, they wouldn't be laughing long. Dyll shuddered, his blood cooling at the thought of the deeds he'd seen done at that mysterious man's hand. What did someone like that want with credits? Who would deny him anything?

But this was no time for idle thinking. Dyll crept forward, his breathing shallow, flinching at every sound. His hands were sweaty on the scattergun's stock. Cracked mirrors on the walls and flashing lights up above seemed to distort the very air; only the steady crunch of broken glass under his boots seemed real. Step by step he advanced into this den of madness, forcing himself to keep from shaking. It took him a moment to realize that he wasn't alone; soft, eerie music and the haze of illusion that filled the hall concealed the madman's presence until Dyll smelled his reeking breath. The smuggler had almost walked right into the man, which would surely have been his death.

Moving quickly, before his enemy registered his presence, Dyll moved his scattergun around the lunatic's neck and pulled back on it, simultaneously throwing his knee into his opponent's back with all the force he could muster. It was impossible to hear the sick snap that followed, but the sound still echoed within the smuggler's mind. Bending down, he tore off a thick strip of fabric from the dead man's garish clown costume and, slinging his scattergun across his back, wrapped it around his pistol. Between that and the noise, it was unlikely anyone would hear the shot. He tested that theory an instant later when a woman came around the corner, foaming at the mouth.

The shot took her between the eyes, burning her visage into unrecognizable ruin. Dyll held very, very still, hardly daring to breathe. But no one came to check on her. No one had heard. Letting out the air he'd been holding, the smuggler crept toward the stairs. He wasn't sure if killing the king of the madmen would have any effect on the rest; they were crazy, after all, virtually impossible to demoralize or intimidate. But he'd made his choice; whoever stood between him and being able to live with himself when this was all over was going to die. Blaster in hand, he made his way down one creaking step, then another, ready to open fire the moment the "king" came into view...

@[member=Rexus Drath]

Rexus Drath

The sounds of animals roaring and knives sticking to wood and flesh echoed outside the door until everything went silent. Suddenly walking out of the door Rexus limped and drug himself away. He had killed the knife thrower with extreme prejudice and it felt good. "Yo hippy the problems taken care of." Rex sat down next to vulps and held a wound on his side, it was just a scratch but damn did it hurt like hell. The pair had made it to the central park and they were close to finding out who was responsible for this madness. "We got to leave her here, she'd only slow us down. By the way your nexu is dead. Bastard threw a knife at its throat." Rex coughed and looked at the woman she seemed stable and capable of finding a solid place to hide. "I got a job to do, you can come if you want but stay with her if you want." Rex wasn't accustomed to leaving people behind but to stop this hell he had to do it. Standing up slowly Rexus moved slowly in the direction of the sign that said dog run. An inmate ran up to Rex trying to stab him, as angered and hurt as he was he had no time for him. Lifting his hand Rex snapped his fingers and the man had simply dropped to the ground dead his brain stem severed from his spine. "Lets go Goldie locks!" This had to be put to an end now.

"Come in Mr.Cridu. You have been quite the talk of the park, you and that sith lord. I WILL END YOU!!" The man screamed loudly to the end of his sentence and then chuckled slightly as he came into sight. King Bo Bo he stood at rather short four feet, he was human but his height was some what shocking. He was scarred and tattooed from head to toe. "Help us!! If anyone is there help us!!" One of the hostages cried out for help before Bo Bo shot him in his face with a blaster. "I was talking!! ME ME ME ME YOU DON'T INTERRUPT ME WHEN I SPEAK!!" The man screamed loudly and held his head before regaining his composure. "I'm sorry I just hate rude people, but yes come in Mr.Cridu I've been having you followed since you killed a squad of my men. I'm sure you are here to kill me and set these idiots free, well shall we? YOUR BLOOD IS MINE!!" the man was unstable he pointed his blaster to the corner of the stairs where Cridu was and fired a few times. There was easily ten people down there strapped to the walls of the basement the smuggler had to be safe less he kill someone by mistake
@[member="Vulpesen"] @Dllyaefi Cridu

Vulpesen stood up slowly and helped the woman climb onto his back. He was relying soley on the force to keep him moving at this point. "I felt it's death through the force." His words were hollow as he spoke of the nexu and his face had gone completely pale. Apparently, he'd failed to mention how closely he linked himself to the animals he controlled. "We leave no one behind. She's been through enough hell." With those word's Vulpesen walked past @[member="Rexus Drath"], paying no attention to the inmate who tried to attack them. His focus was completely on finishing this, no matter how long he had to spend in a Bacta tank afterwards. The animals followed Vulpesen and he used them for support as the nudged him to more balanced positions whenever he started to droop.

Entering the big top with his meat shields in tow, Daxton raised a blood stained arm to the adulation of the crowd. The resounding roar was something like which the gladiators experienced as they entered the arena to cries of the crowd. They didn't care if you lived or died as long as there was enough bloody entertainment. And that was fully what Daxton intended to give them.

As the creature charged, blasters firing wildly, the Sith Lord manipulated the corpses to float in between him and the blasts. The still cooling bodies took the brunt of the blasts, as the dead flesh was torn and more blood flew through the air. With his free hand, he pointed to a nearby stand filled with blood crazed psychotic viewers, and literally yanked out the section with the Force, sending people and steel girders flying through the air at the robotic beast, even as he closed the gap, each step moving faster and faster, all the time the blaster shots just narrowly missing him or getting deflected away by his blade.

Throwing up all that debris was intentional, as he knew the droid could only track so many moving targets at once. Even if it was a military grade AI, it was only a matter of time before it got overwhelmed and something got through. The Sith Lord was planning to exploit that weakness to close in the gap, rendering the blasters useless at close quarters where he excellent with both blade and the Force.

@Vulpesen @Rexus Drath @Dyllaefi Cridu

The mad king must've been watching the stairs carefully, alert in spite of his insanity; he was shorter than the smuggler had imagined, a screaming, cackling little ball of energetic lunacy. Dyll leveled his pistol at him, ready to end things once and for all, then froze. The people he'd come to save were chained to the walls like living furnishings; they were all badly wounded already, and an errant shot would surely be the end of them. He didn't trust his aim enough to take the chance. So he hesitated, and that bought his foe time enough to send a barrage of blaster fire his way. Dyll fell back, trying to reach some kind of cover, but the stairs were steep and open.

Crazy people tend not to make great marksmen, but volume of fire can kill most anything over time. Most of the mad king's shots went wide, pinging off of the durasteel stairs and walls and leaving smoke and carbon scoring in their wake. One bolt, however, found its mark. It clipped Dyll across the top of the right shoulder, spinning him around with the force of impact. A second shot hit him in the small of the back, throwing him face-first into the stairs. He felt his nose give way as it smashed into the unyielding edge of a stair, snapping over to the right with a loud crack and beginning to pour blood. But that ought to have been only the least of his injuries.

Fortunately for the smuggler, a former employer had seen the poor state of his protection and offered him a blast vest. While the absorbent material had done little to slow the cleaver he'd been wounded with earlier, it served its purpose here. The high-power shots burned through it, singeing the skin beneath into an angry red-brown, but they didn't punch right through Dyll as they would have had he been unarmored. Gasping at the shock of three new injuries, he felt his adrenaline take over. If he couldn't return fire, he would have to settle things hand-to-hand. Somehow he managed to regain his feet, his nose still pouring blood, and charge into the torture chamber.

He didn't waste time with wisecracks or clever quips; the laughing part of him had gone so silent since seeing this place that he wondered if it would ever speak again. Instead he got straight into the thick of things. He dropped his pistol and unslung his scattergun, grabbing it by the barrel to use it like a curved, long-handled club as he had before. The butt of the weapon was heavy and solid, more than capable of breaking bones and cracking skulls. So he charged the mad king, arms held up to shield his unarmored face from any more stray blaster bolts until he got within swinging range. And when he did he swung with all his might, again and again, hoping to leave a broken body behind.

Some part of him pitied the mad king, so helplessly twisted inside, but that part of him was buried by his drive for survival. How the king knew his name, he'd never know.

@[member=Rexus Drath]

Rexus Drath

@Vulepesen @[member="Dyllaefi Cridu"] @[member="Daxton Bane"]
Rexus looked back and sighed, "Leave her! She won't survive the next event, and if she dies her bloods on your hands not mine!" Rex was usually a fairly upbeat kind of guy, but after being attacked by psychopaths, animals, and knife throwers. He was just about ready for a hot bath, he missed his old life very much right now. Jenha and his family, all he had now was himself and his employers. It was taxing and Rex just wasn't himself anymore. "We're close to the dog run, this guy is mine." Rex and vulps walked past giant haunted house where laughing and blaster fire was coming from and it annoyed him very much, "SHUT UP!!" Feeling hate and malice in him Rex reached out with the force and grabbed a dozen vending carts and threw them at the house having them slam into it brutally leaving the frame of the house barely standing. "Keep moving."

Minutes early the smuggler was in a fight for not only his life but the lives of the the prisoners that were taken captive. "Mr.Cridu, soon you will be nothing more than another toy on my wall." The man continued to rain blaster fire on the poor smuggler his earlier volley even seemed to him him a few times. "You come to my house, my world and you think you can just do what you want?! I AM GOD HERE!!" the short crazed man screamed and howled with laughter as he shot at Cridu. "You will die like the.." Bo Bo failed to finish his veiled threat when the smuggler rushed him and beat him across the face the scatter gun that he had used to kill his men. Bo Bo took hit after hit from the man until he pushed the smuggler off of him and kicked him hard across the face sending him flying a few feet away. Quickly the king of the crazies grabbed his blaster and pointed it at Cridu smiling wickedly he began to laugh crazily he had the upper hand now and the smuggler's life was very much on the line. "You, you are just a pain and I will end you now." Bo Bo lifted his blaster and was about to pull the trigger until a large crashing sound was heard and the house rumbled, an object came crashing through the ceiling above them and it landed directly on top of the mad king crushing him and killing him. A small pool of blood pooled around the object as only the king's hand stuck out from underneath the vending cart. Now all Cridu had to do was free the hostages and let them go.

Bodies flew and crowds cheered both inside and outside the maze, the majority coming from the big tent of the park. Daxton fought the metallic beast bravely deflecting and dodging the blasts the rancor fired. Grabbing a few people out of the stands with the force the dark lord flung them at the beast but there was something different about this monster a dark presence could be felt from within it. The beast simply let the people hit it their bodies phasing through the shield only meant for blasters. It continued its rampage as Daxton closed the distance with it, the beast morphed it's claw into a circular saw and threw it at Daxton trying to cut the dark lord into ribbons

Vulpesen continued moving, keeping the woman on his back. The force was his greatest asset, but next to that was the creatures who stood next to him. "Defend and transport." He placed the woman on the backs of the boma and the anooba, keeping the animals in tandem with his force bond as he moved on. "I am not a space hippy. I am a warrior of light, and no man or woman is ever left behind when I am at the battle. Credit's are not worth the lives of the innocent. As for her survival, you let me worry about that." The pain from his bond with the Nexu had faded and he was finally starting to recover, his steps becoming stronger and his eyes were becoming more focused. "I'm not dead yet." The four words came in a hushed tone. This phrase, though it seemed to be a simple statement, had been uttered every time Vulpesen had entered a place such as this. A place where he was supposed to breathe his last, but every time he had stood up and moved on. The words had started as a joke, but now they were a mental war cry, keeping Vulpesen up and determined. @[member="Rexus Drath"]

Again and again Dyll brought the butt of his gun down on the mad king, a viciousness born of adrenaline and desperation seizing control of his limbs. The lunatic was a little man; he ought to've crumpled beneath the assault, collapsing inward like a bloody, deflated balloon with each new dent in flesh and bone. But insanity does strange things to the way a man feels pain. A crazy man isn't afraid of hurting himself, and that gives him the power to do things that sane people instinctively stop themselves from doing. And so, in spite of the terrible damage dealt him, the king struck at the smuggler. Dyll staggered back in shock; his hesitation bought him a kick to his broken nose.

Dyll couldn't suppress an agonized shout as he stumbled back, pain like he'd never felt before shooting through his face as overextended cartilage bent even further. He tripped over the rubble strewn throughout the basement, falling hard. The back of his head struck the foot of one of the prisoners; its owner groaned weakly. Gasping for air, trying to shake away the stars dancing in front of his stunned eyes, the smuggler could only watch as the mad king aimed his blaster for the precision shot that would end his life. In spite of all his weariness, all his horror, his desire to see an end to it all, he was afraid. In spite of it all, he wasn't ready to die.

And then, with a shuddering crash, deus ex machina. A vending cart plunged through the ceiling; the lunatic lord had only an instant to stare up in utter bafflement before the falling durasteel squashed him flat, spraying blood over the floor. For a moment, Dyll wondered if he was dead. Maybe this was some kind of heaven, watching what he'd wished had happened while his corpse cooled out in the real galaxy. But only for a moment; he decided he hurt far, far too much to have left the land of the living. With a long exhale, half groan and half sigh, the smuggler lifted himself back to his feet. He shook his head to clear it, blood spraying from his shattered nose, then set to work.

Tightening the beam controls on his blaster, he began to fire precise blasts through the chains holding each prisoner. He just hoped they could all walk...

@[member=Rexus Drath]

Rexus Drath

"You're a Jedi, I prefer you over the sith but your code and your morales hold you all back. Join the lightish grey side of the force and you're set." Rex had chuckled slightly before the shooting pain in his ribs caused him to jerk a bit, the knife fighter must of hurt him a but more than he thought. "Fine, the woman can come. But you know she probably won't make it." Hobbling forward the trio and band of circus animals made it to the dead center of the park, the dog run. Though they weren't the only ones there, a gang of a dozen convicts led by what looked to be a crazed Jedi knight stood in their way. "It's never that easy is if?" Rex said sighing, "Vulps, you and the animals kill the thugs. I'l take giggles over there." Rex pulled his knights saber from his belt and activated it. This was it, the last fight standing in their way to finding Yang.

The haunted house barely stood on a frame, it creaked and moaned from the devastation of the attack, there wasn't much time for the smuggler to get out and make it to the dog run, the final prize was still in his grasp he could make the money he came here for. "Thank you!" the other contestants cried with joy as they were freed, one of them walked up to cridu and gave him a small holomap. "Take this it was the kings, me and my friends are getting out of here." The group left in a hurry some carrying others who couldn't walk as well, they were all in a hurry to get the hell out of there. The holomap activated in Cridu's hand and showed a detail map of the dog run, no one knew what it looked like until they saw it. But cridu had a detailed map, the dog run. A robotic voice started to play from the map "Hello Mr.Fei, construction of the dog run is complete. Overview activated." the voice gave a happy content sigh then commenced "The dog run is an obstacle course that consists of swinging guillotines as the first object. The second a pit fall course where contestant must jump from ball to ball where underneath lay the spikes. Third is the sniper run, contestants must run from cover to cover before marksmen pick them off.
and finally an arena where the winner must enter the elevator to meet you and claim their prize. Have a nice day Mr.Fei!" the voice cut out and the map remained displayed for however long cridu wanted to stare at it. This was his chance he had an advantage now, he could prepare for the problems ahead, but he had to move fast. Not only for the chance of winning but I'm pretty sure the house is about to collapse on him.

@[member="Dyllaefi Cridu"] @Vulepesen

Vulpesen's eye's snapped to @[member="Rexus Drath"], then to the convicts. "You want to see my grey side?" His voice came out somewhat as a growl and his eyes went wild as he stared at the convicts "Then you shall see it." He held out his hand, telling the animals to resume their guard over the woman as he drew his saber and stalked towards he enemy with chaotic steps. His nature had completely changes and the blade of his weapon dragged across the ground as he moved forward. "No one shall hurt the charge of the jedi. I shall defend her to my last breath. Sadly for you kath-pups, I shall remain breathing for some time longer!" As he finished talking, Vulpesen leaped at his enemies.

His body had yet to be truly damaged. In fact, most of his pain was either in his mind or the force. As he attacked, a hint of the darkside could be seen in his motivations. It wasn't enough to qualify him for a sith or anything beyond a grey jedi, but it showed the potential that he held for the darkness. And as for being grey, he was on the fairly dangerous side of that coin. His sabers spun in complex pattern's cutting through any non-lightsaber proof weapons as the bow occasionally detached the two blades to deflect attacks that came from opposing directions. An experience force user might have had a chance. For these normal men, with slight usage at best, they held little hope against Vulpesen's rabid onslaught. The fox within had been put away, and he had finally released the wolf.

Truth be told, Dyll didn't feel any better. There was no triumph here, and only the barest hint of absolution.

As the contestants he'd freed fled past him, the smuggler stared down at the holorecorder in his hand. Just as he'd given up on this mad game, ready to leave with the others, he was thrown another chance at winning. Five hundred million. More than he could imagine, more than he knew what to do with. But it would also be the dirtiest money he'd ever made, every credit stained with a legacy of blood and torture. Could he live with that, no matter where he ran and what he bought? He'd saved ten people here, but he'd also killed ten. He hadn't tortured anyone, but he'd be accepting the legitimacy of a sport based on torture. The right thing to do was to crush the map in his fist and leave.

Five hundred million. Hadn't he done enough for the galaxy? He'd balanced the scales by saving these people. It wasn't like refusing this chance at the reward would undo what had been done here or ensure that it never happened again. If he didn't claim it someone else would, some sociopath who killed his way to the center and left stained with far more evil than Dyll himself. And didn't he deserve the money? Everything he'd done, the lives he'd ended and ruined (his own included), had been to save his family. This was his one shot at doing that, at bringing back the people he loved and the life he'd treasured from the brink of oblivion. Making a pointless gesture of virtue would doom all that.

Dyll's mind burned; he was at war with himself, changing his mind from minute to minute. He sighed, shoulders slumping with exhaustion, and a shock went through his body as his cuts and burns thrummed with pain at the sudden movement. Then he ran for the stairs, pounded through the mirrored hallways, and dove through the door, propelled like a shot from a slugthrower. He dove out out the haunted house face first, tucking into a roll on his uninjured shoulder and regaining his feet just as the building collapsed behind him. He stared back at it, the brightly-colored ruins that hid the corpses of three broken lunatics. If he didn't win, someone like them would. He deserved five hundred million.

And now he knew how to get it. First, though he had to attend to the injuries slowing him; his shoulder, twice harmed, was beginning to cramp badly, and the loss of blood from his streaming nose was making him lightheaded. He stopped and pressed a rag to his face, slowly staunching the flow of blood, and slowly, painfully straightened it was best he could. A quickseal splint from his medkit held it in place, though it would probably always be a little crooked, and medical foam filled the gaps in his armor, easing the pain of his cut and burns. It cost him a few minutes to patch himself up, but it was worth it to be in the best condition he could be to face the dog run.

Moving swiftly and silently, low to the ground, the smuggler retraced his path to the spot where he'd decided to save the prisoners. He didn't even think of leaving this time. The nightmares were already there, and he'd helped where he could; he might as well try to make this torment worthwhile. He was no good to his family dead, and that was a real possibility, but with his job prospects drying up and his expenses mounting lately he wasn't much good to them alive, either. So he headed for the entrance of the dog run, alert for the swinging blades that would greet him. He was still quick and agile, and he knew what to expect; that might just be enough to get him through.

@[member=Rexus Drath]

Rexus Drath

"I REALLY HATE MY FETHING JOB!!!" Rexus clashed saber's with the mad force user, it wasnt one of his most glorious moments being caught in all this madness, but he did his best to deal with it and fight till the end. "Die already!" Rex swept the legs of his opponent and cut him in two after he fell to the ground. He panted and coughed heavily, the inquisitor was spent beyond relief. If vulps weren't there fighting off the convicts would prove to be a challenge. The Jedi certainly was showing a bit of his dark side, cutting down convict after convict. Taking down six in the first volley of slashes and furry, the rest stepped back their weapons destroyed and their leader dead they took off in a frantic hurry to escape the death they would surely be dealt here. "Not bad... For a Jedi." Rex chuckled and caught his breath some more looking over his shoulder the woman was fine, scared out of her mind but fine. Standing back up Rex dusted himself off and gave his new friend a pat on the back, "When this is over, the first round is on me." Rex chuckled and stepped forward to the entrance of the dog run, the crowd roared as he and the Jedi entered standing at the starting zone bellow a big hill so the rest if the course was hidden he gathered himself for a moment then took a deep breath. This was it.

Cridu certainly deserved the money, he seemed to always do the right thing in this deadman's wonderland. Even when the situation called to be a bad guy. Now victory was in sight, he could win that money for himself. Cridu made it to the starting zone walking past a group of dead bodies and destroyed weapons at the entrance he found himself at the starting zone the first three contestants to finish the maze and brave the park had made it to the dog run and now he was among them. They appeared to be a freakishly tall dark man, a Jedi with a few animals and an injured woman. They didn't even look like they wanted to fight the smuggler in fact the dark skinned man looked at Cridu and waved, "were here to put a stop to this and arrest the man who did this, I care not for the money. Just get to the end alive and don't try to kill us and the two of you can decide who gets it I really don't care." The dark skinned man said then took another deep breath suddenly the tension in the air was cut as a voice came on the loud speaker

"Ladies and gentleman! They did it, they faced the maze and braved the park! We've seen death and carnage in magnitudes worthy of the gods! Now watch as these four souls brave the Dog Run!! The rules are simple! Make the run till the end and be the first in the elevator at the end to claim your prize! Good luck! Begin!!"

Obstacle one http://www.anime-evo.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dmw02-07.jpg

Obstacle two http://deadmanwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dog_race_5.png

Obstacle three http://deadmanwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dog_race_4.png

Final obstacle http://deadmanwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dog_race_final_stage.png

This is where Daxton felt the most alive, on the field of battle where lives were gambled at the throw of dice and victory grabbed in spans of heartbeats. The circular blade spun at him at an angle which would shorten the sith by a head, the dark one seemly unpreturbed by the whirling piece of death. When it was a mere arms length, the arc of the blade radically changed orbit, spinning around the Sith Lord before flinging itself at full speed at the creature. Projectile weapons were useless against Daxton's skill with Telepathy, allowing the Wayfinder of the Seekers to turn most weapons against their users.

Stepping through the forcefield, he dipped low beneath the creature's leg, stabbing forward with blade which hissed with unbridled aggression, the naked blade sinking deep into the metal joint which comprised the creature's knee. Pivoting he moved in a circular arc as he severed the servos and other support mechanisms which held the creature up.

@Vulpesen @Rexus Drath @Dyllaefi Cridu

Vulpesen breathed a sith of relief as they reached the final obstacle. As he looked to his companion animals, he dismissed the boma and the krath hound, figuring that the Anooba would likely have the balance and such needed for the course while providing adequate protectin. He took the woman back onto his back, relieved to feel her getting stronger. She wasn't in the best state, but she was stabilizing.

Hearing @[member="Rexus Drath"]'s words, Vulpesen looked aside to see @[member="Dyllaefi Cridu"] standing with them. "I've got an army to fund, and I could use some extra money. Say, fifty fifty?" It was a fair amount considering how the prize money at the end was ridiculously large, and half way shouldn't do much , and Vulpesen really didn't want to get into a fight with this man. Since Cridu seeemed to have no prisoners or marksof his good deeds, Vulpesen's only sense that he could be trusted was the sense of sorrow and fear. It was something obviously fro a man who hated this. Vulpesen on the other hand, had his rescued woman and Rex's words to show his intentions.

Dyll skidded to a halt as he turned a corner and found a small group of others waiting for him. Sloppy of him to've come out in the open, he silently admonished himself as he reached for his blaster; it was a mistake that might well cost him his life, given that he was majorly outnumbered by something other than madmen. But then the tall, dark one spoke, dismissing any intention of taking the money, and the younger one, blond and lightsaber-wielding, offered a split. Dyll's hand dropped back to his side, away from his gun. It was the best deal he was going to get; he didn't fancy trying to fight them, and two hundred and fifty million was still a lot more than he could ever spend in a lifetime.

"Fair enough," the smuggler replied, and the grim heaviness of his voice shocked even himself. "Don't know what a Jedi kid needs with an army, don't care. As for getting the people who set this sick mess up, I'm behind you on that. It should never be allowed to happen again." He meant that with all his heart; with these two, maybe he could make a real difference. Maybe he could end this bloodsport once and for all. "Bit premature to count credits, though. We've got obstacles to get through: swinging blades, then a pit we'll have to jump over using these big spheres as stepping stones, and then a run past a pack of snipers." Dyll let out a bitter chuckle. "Seems like utter suicide."

Then he shrugged. "But what can we do at this point? Lead on, I'll back you up."

@[member=Rexus Drath] @[member=Vulpesen]

Rexus Drath

Blood, glory, and battle. These were the things that were happening in that big tent, the sith lord fighting the mechanic behemoth. Daxton was truly a force to be taken seriously, he had fought the beast with grace and deadly precision ducking and weaving the the circular saw of the robotic rancor, he even struck it crippling it majorly bringing it to its legs. It stood there creaking and moaning until it gave out under the weight of it's own body. Tumbling and crashing to the ground the rancor roared and hissed. It seemed this battle was Daxton's for the taking. His foe had been defeated and all he had to do was deliver the final blow. That was until the crowd went silent and suddenly began to chant a name "Jankens! Jankens! Jankens! Jankens!" It started as a whisper and grew into a roar of hundreds of convicts, suddenly the rancors body started to shift and rumble until it exploded sending shrapnel and pieces of its body in every direction, some even landing in the crowd. The dust cleared and a man stood there, well not a man anymore. It looked more like a cyborg now. He stared at Daxton as he held a single red saber his robotic eyes glaring at Daxton "You broke my ride." he said in a flat tone walking forward preparing to fight the sith lord.

Back at the dog run the group prepared to head out, sitting there watching Vulps and Cridu talk Rex sighed and ran a hand through his messy dreads. It was a shame about what would have to be done but for the empire and the safety of it, it had to be done. "Yeah about that whole army thing Vulpy, we're going to have to have a chat about that later. For now let's get this done by ending this blood bath and capturing this criminal. As for you guy who i just met. I hope you can keep up." Rex Looked down then focused himself the starting gun went off and he rushed forward to meet the swinging blades, carefully and gracefully, well as graceful as a six foot eleven man could be he dodged the blades moving quickly he crossed the last blade having it nick him across the shoulder as he went under it. "Let's go!" Rex coughed and hoped everyone had kept up with him, even If the smuggler hadn't had the training of the force user he had the building specs of the blades with everything spec of info it had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom