Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Space | Galactic Alliance Hex Dominion of Polis Massa

[member="Trextan Voidstalker"]

[SIZE=10pt]“Can you[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]?” Her eyes went wide, and then she moved so fast. The fingers that encircle his wrist suddenly twisted his arm around to try and lock it in place. It was all in good fun, something to bring them both out of the glum their minds had sunk into. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It was a small thing, but something to highlight again, that the girl in front of Trextan wasn’t just your average teenager. It was in her stance, the way that she held herself as she went to twist his arm into the lock. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Makes one wonder just how ticklish you are [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]elsewhere[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] if my fingers on your forearm get your panties that much in a twist.” Another twist of her lips in humor, along with a shake of her head. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“And yes, they do. Until I yell at them to get off my bird. I can fix her just fine.” She teased, letting her fingers relax so that he could pull away from her grip if he wanted to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A sudden frown, “If your prosthetic is as sensitive as you say, then do you feel pain?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A valid question. [/SIZE]

“Gerrorf,” he laughed. He very gently twisted and tugged at his arm. It had enough mechanical strength that as long as he kept his balance he could lift Choli from her feet with barely any effort. He didn't think about that the fact that he was being playful and not hurting anyone with it, but that was cause and effect.

“I can picture that now,” Trextan said with a slow nod imagining her squaring up to a broad mechanic. He also didn't think about the fact that he'd pushed his troubles aside for some playful conversation. Again, cause and effect.

“Pain...Hmm…” he thought about this for a moment. “Sort of. It was a little sore when i knocked my elbow, but not like if I'd caught my funny bone. I can do this for example…” he said, a thought coming to him. He sidestepped past her and fished his lightsaber from his bag, taking it up with his left hand and gauging the distance to the ceiling.

Snap-hiss

They were bathed in a violet light as well as the cerulean swirls of hyperspace. He brought the blade to the outside of his forearm and pressed it against it. Pulling it away there wasn't even a mark.

He canted his head to one side and considered it. “That kind of stings a bit, yeah. But it's not like holding a flame to my arm.”

[SIZE=10pt]It occurred to Choli that it had been a long while since she’d been anywhere near a lightsaber. Not since she spent time in the Aurora Hawk with Chloe and Jan. Both had taught her the basics, but most of her combat experience had been on hand to hand close quarter combat. That’s what happened when one of her instructors was a Warden of the Sky. Being in the Starfighter Corps and up in space meant that the Rogue rarely had any contact with the Jedi Order or other Force users. A pilot didn’t actually keep much in the way of weapons on their person besides a blaster; or in Choli’s case, a very powerful stunner. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The girl never even built one herself, having used Chloe’s standard saber at training saber strength. Hers had a yellow blade, not like Trextan’s violet blue. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Arm test aside, that gave Choli more information. So whatever material this was made of - Phrik right? - then it was at least moderately lightsaber resistant. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“So, kinda like getting zapped by an electroprod.” Well not as bad, and she added, “Or training droid.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So she had some understanding of what Trextan meant. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Chloe turned to study his lightsaber again, the lavender hue making her eyes appear a pale gray, olive skin glowing violet under its illuminating sphere.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“That’s not a standard crystal, is it?” Curiosity sparked in her eyes again. Again, her training had been limited to specific classes, but Chloe had a wealth of datacrons and holocrons that the teenager had been given access to. [/SIZE]

“Yeah like a sparring droid,” he replied. He could well remember those. The sith had been very keen on using them to harden the acolyte and sort the wheat from the chaff. He could almost feel the bruises and burns that had been left to heal on their own. Those who got infections were just assumed to be weak.

“No, it's not. It's a synthetic crystal, that's what they taught us to make on Coruscant. Before it was liberated. Most of the Justicars have gone for white blades. A fairly rare cut of Kyber. I might try and find on on Ilum or Lothal.”

He flicked off the blade. The bottom half of his jaw jutted out to one side. “Have you ever used one?” He asked curiously. He flipped it about in his hands so she could take the grip, though he was obviously cautious about the prospect of her cutting a hole in the hull.

[SIZE=10pt]A synthetic? That made the girl scowl once more. However, that would promptly fade in surprise as Trextan then extended the lightsaber hilt over to her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Umm, yeah.” Well there was no need to lie there. She had. Weight went shifting from left foot to right, studying the lightsaber hilt he cautiously offered her. After a second, Cho brought her hand up, fingers curling to grasp the lightsaber hilt in the shell of her hand. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Just been a while.” There was a bit of a contemplative tone to her voice, as if reminiscing. The way she held the saber and ensured the blade emitter was pointed away from Trextan and the bulkhead would lead the Jedi Justicar to be the knowledge that the girl was familiar at proper lightsaber safety; at least within ships. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Her thumb depressed the activation switch, the swish-snap bathing the pair in violet light again. [/SIZE]

He caught her distaste at the notion of a synthetic crystal. It was a technique used almost entirely by students of the dark side, but it wasn't a strict split. He looked down at her feet, she had the fundamentals down at least.

“I've wondered since I saw an article on it. The new X-Wings Rogues fly. The details are all classified but there was an article on what the GADF released. Sleek looking things. Dagger class right? What are they like?”

The scowl sealed the deal for Trextan. He nodded slowly as he settled on the notion. He was going to need to go and get a new lightsaber crystal.

[SIZE=10pt]“Hmm?” turning back towards Trextan. Her thumb deactivated the saber and its violet light disappeared. With a short raise of her hand she returned the hilt over to Trextan. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Fast.” she replied, thoughts going inward again. “Very fast. You can lose yourself up there.” a deep breath and the girl once again sank into the pilot chair. A bootie covered toe struck the ground and swiveled her back towards the piloting console. They has about eight minutes left. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Makes you feel free.” another contemplative expression grew over her face. Her starfighter was likely nothing but salvage on Kaeshana, wherever it crashed. And if the Alliance lost that battle… [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]well, guess I’m without a ship. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A brief look at her periphery and she added in an attempt to bring back the humor,”Anymore information and I’ll have to kill you, you know.”[/SIZE]

He grinned. “You fly better than you walk at the moment anyway, so I imagine it does feel freeing.”

He went to clip his lightsaber to his belt and realised he was wearing scrubs. In his bag were the same combat trousers he'd arrived at the hospital in, scorch marks and all. He kneeled down in the tight space that was the corridor behind the cockpit. He put his saber back in his back and pulled them free, giving them a shake.

“So where did you train? With a saber not a Starfighter. Assuming that's not another 'kill me if i know too much’ deal.”

[SIZE=10pt]Choli managed a spare glance over her shoulder as the teenager got up off his chair again. She caught him brushing his hair away from his face, likely an unconscious tick, moving over towards his bag. Needless to say, when he pulled out his pants, the girl quipped, “[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Now[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] who’s trying to get out of their pants?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Humor flew in her eyes as she swung her head back forward, a smug grin growing. As for his question, “Nah, that would require me to do something far more painful.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Tell my life story.” dramatic sigh. With a shake of her head and a half shrug, she added the following, “I had a master prior to joining the starfighter corps.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Spent some time aboard a ship. Her Captain also knew about the Force… granted, her way wasn’t like the Jedi. She just picked things up from all over the ‘verse.” from one side of the galaxy to the next. Chloe knew about the Je’daai, the Gree and the Columni. About Dathomir Witches, Kwa and the Kwi and the Celestials. She had the writings of Odan-Urr, the Aing-Tii, Sar Agorn and Arca Jeth. The Aurora Hawk had been a collection of ancient archives and star maps from old navigation guilds. All fringe force organizations, all with their interesting ways and odd traditions. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Nothing like the strict code of the Jedi. [/SIZE]

“I suppose we don't have time for that, no. And you probably don't want any more of mine either. Certainly not in ten minutes or so. Eyes front.”

He slipped off the loose coral pants and started getting back into his trousers. He'd still have to turn up in a pink v-neck though.

“I suppose i was given a fairly dichromatic view on the Force so sorry i asked if you were Jedi. Sith to rule the Galaxy, Jedi to be destroyed, kill Jacen to ascend to take your place with the One Sith.”

The world had been a very simple place for Trextan the. His anger didn't float around searching for anything to latch onto. It had been given a home and he had accepted his purpose.

[SIZE=10pt]Okay, so there was apparently more to that pot than I had originally thought. Good thing her eyes were to the front; not that it made any difference with her sudden --[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“You [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]do[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] realize the glasteel is reflective right?” It wasn’t, not with the glow of hyperspace shining its light through, but Choli managed to say it so casually that one might even believe that the glasteel was reflecting Trextan’s bare ass mid pant change. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Choli didn’t bother to get the satisfaction of Trextan’s expression and merely went leaning forward to observe their speed and distance from their objective. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Then Trextan made a quip that was so fast, that for a second she wasn’t sure if he’d been serious. It was the flat tone that sold it. One Sith? Angry, broody, teenager. Daddy issues and well, the way the pair had reacted. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Okayy[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Choli wasn’t sure exactly how to process it. Ironic considering she had also [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]just[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] mentioned that there was no time for a life story. The One Sith had been the big bad that she’d fought against the first half of her run with the starfighter corps. While she certainly never really took boots to the ground so to speak, she did remember how it had ended on Contruuum just passing through. She’d met the three time champion Kurt Meyer there. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So, with an equally awkward sized bantha in the room - his father and the One Sith story - Choli went with, well the most obvious. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]His father. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Ah, I guess that would explain it.” her fingers gave a light rap against the arm rest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Your [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]thing[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt].” her finger gestured in a slight circle. A second later, Choli swiveled her head, unmindful of his state of dress. Her expression was contemplative as she studied him, those almond shaped eyes curiously swirling in a copper glow. stilll[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Well, do you believe that?” nothing like getting asked point blank. [/SIZE]

He was shimmying his pants up and over his hips when she turned around and was glad that he had kept his underwear. He'd already been frantically bobbing to check if she had a view of anything in the forward mirror.

“I believe I've been fed a lot of bantha fodder by a lot of people over the years with agendas. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems.”

Her serious tone stopped him from making a comment about peeking early. Especially as he wasn't quite as comfortable with the notion of changing publicly as the Rogue pilot.

“I did though,” he said with a shrug and a smile and he stepped up and took his seat again. His lightsaber hung from a clip on his belt now. They'd come out on the task force soon.

“To the point i gave it a good go,” he said, grinning now. “Wily old bastard is harder to hill than he looks and I got shot in the chest point blank. Good way to be calmed down i suppose.”

He chuckled. On his head he imagined Cho marching out of that hospital despite being caught by stun blasts, stubbornly dragging her IV behind her.

[SIZE=10pt]Choli percolated over what Trextan said, noting that he wasn’t being dour or bitter about the outcome. He was grinning, blue eyes bright, almost… reminiscing? Well, seemed there wasn’t an issue there after all? It was hard to determine for Choli, she wasn’t a Lorrdian who could read body language nor was she skilled in interrogations. While growing up on Tatooine subjected her to thinking on her feet and quick fibs to survive, being misleading about something of that nature wasn’t a consideration. It just was. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]So…[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] “ She began carefully, thoughtfully, as if trying to work it all out. The pink tip of her tongue went darting out, moistening her lips. A bruised finger rose, moving with emphasis as she spoke.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Then where does that leave you?” Choli was trying to understand. Why would one need to kill their father? How did that even add up to whatever pile of poodoo the One Sith Fed him. It didn’t make sense. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I mean.. “ a probing shrug with a nod of her head as if to suggest, ‘so why not?’ “ If it wasn’t for the shot in the chest -- which i guess was to incapacitate you -- what stops you from continuing?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Talk about going into a serious probing question not five minutes before reversion into Real Space. [/SIZE]

The question gave Trextan pause. It forced him to stop skimming over the surface of events, just filling the space with words. No bravado and trying to smile at Choli now. To think about the whys and hows made him scratch beneath the surface. His right fingers twitched slightly. The smile evaporated.

“I hadn’t seen him in nearly ten years,” he said. His voice dropped to only a little above a whisper. His expression shifted several times as he tried to attach words to the confused mess that was how he felt about Jacen. “I genuinely blamed him for...well everything I think. It made things easier. When I woke up I found myself restrained in an Alliance bed with a man much older than I remembered. I don’t know if the war aged him or my memories had failed me over time. Some of both I think.”

Trextan thought back. Nothing was really that clear to him still. Emotion clouded everything. As soon as he tried to make any sense of it all the brush went to a pallette of the strongest feelings he had and started colouring in, ignoring the lines, to obscuring the truth.

He fell silent, the line of his jaw tensing. He looked up at Choli with a piercing blue gaze. “There was this softly spoken man who looked...sad. Deeply sad. He just sat there and answered my questions.

“He let me have a go,” he said with a nod. “He actually did. I spent hours throwing everything I had at him, with saber and words. Nothing stuck. And then when I was done he just…”

His right hand snapped shut. Trextan shook his head, fronds of dark hair swaying across his face. He couldn’t repeat that out loud. Or even start on the fact that he’d crawled through the mud like an infant towards Jacen’s voice on his first outing with the Jedi. Or even that he had slowly remembered the joy and anticipation of Jacen returning home when he was young. There had always been something for him in his bag, but he had always politely thanked him and ignored it for the first few hours. Just glad to have that hole in his life filled again.

“I’m sorry, I’ve had a difficult day and I’m all over the place.” And full of hormones. “I think he tries to do what is right.” He nodded firmly. “Yes, he tries to do the right thing.”

[SIZE=10pt]“It’s fine,”. Choli replied, gesturing with a small wave of her hand to assure him of the fact. With a push of her toe, the pilot straightened her chair and settled in comfortably for the approaching revision. They were all of a couple of minutes out. Reality would warp in much like the T-1 would blink into real space. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Truth be told, Choli didn’t quite understand it all. Not what was going on between Trextan and his father, what happened with the One Sith and what may come after. However, it was evident that the earlier smiles and grins were hiding far more than the teenager was willing to admit. Well, not really, I guess what he said so far was plenty. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“You aren’t the only one who had a heck of a wake-up call.” She added wryly, shifting the conversation to a more lighter tone. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“And I am sure you are right. About him trying to do the right thing.” Her fingers went curling round the yoke again, but not before those hazel eyes went panning back over to Trextan. The past thirty or so minutes and the series of events that led them here from the medical center ran through her mind. A simple determination bloomed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I think you do too.” A beep in alert of the pair approaching their destination caught her attention then. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Here we go.” [/SIZE]

At her last words his right hand slowly unclenched. Do I? He thought to himself. He contemplated that in near silence as the small task force of GR-90s and other small vessels grew ahead of them.

What did she base that assertion on? He’d broken her from a hospital with unknown injuries and helped her steal a shuttle. He decided that yes, it was true. When she had started yanking at tubes he’d moved to help without hesitation. He had felt it was the right thing to do. The problem was it seemed someone could easily misguide him on what the right thing to do was.

Trextan sat back in his chair as Choli spoke with clear GADF protocol to get them down on in a hangar. She looked determined now. As they touched down and he went for his back he almost didn’t think to say what he asked as he stepped out of the shuttle.

“Stay in touch yeah? I mean, I don’t know which direction I’m going in now. I’ve got an address on the GADF messagenet.”

“Oh that colour suits him!” came a call from below. Trextan turned to regard the hangar floor. Troops were being moved around on repulsor sleds in squads, there was an air of urgency. Before them were a haphazard looking group of soldiers. All of them had optical sensors and goggles instead of eyes. The Scarred. Apparently they could see coral pink at least.

“I heard the arm was malfunctioning, nearly tugged it clean off!”

“Oh very tedious,” Trextan replied. He’d already managed to get himself worked up and now he was getting embarrassed in front of Choli by the veterans.

“That’s what he said after an hour of trying with his left!” That was Corporal Jenson, a junior female soldier in the crew.

A ripple of laughter died out and Sergeant Raun pointedly ignored Trextan and saluted Choli. “Lieutenant Commander, question from Wing Commander Fillis: can you fly a U-Wing?”

[SIZE=10pt]There wasn't time to answer Trextan’s inquiry. Not with the sort of banter Choli was a bit more used to came drifting past. Even clothed in nothing but coral pink medical scrubs, the seventeen year old still commanded a measure of presence of similar rank. Well, if one could ignore the fact she was cold. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Sergeant.” Choli began with a far more easy going nod and hand to shake. Starfighter Corps were always less stringent in keeping up with pomp and circumstance. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Reckon I can do right by a U-Wing.” She admitted, tossing in,”That is if you can offer up a trade? How about a fresh flightsuit and some boots? Then you can have me along for whatever sort of ride you want.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Lieutenant Commander took in the sense of urgency within the atmosphere of the hanger, familiarity filling up her bones. She was far more in her element here. Off to the side, Choli heard the banter continue between the soldiers and Trextan. [/SIZE]

“Of course ma'am, if you head through exit B over on that side you'll find the flight officers prep room,” the sergeant said. “Fillis said to remind you that technically as you haven't completed return to duty protocols that your copilot is technically in charge and that you'll be dropping troops and nothing more. He also says that if you leave the men without air fire support he'll be exceedingly displeased.”

The blinded veteran gave a shrug, “take that as you will ma'am,” he said apologetically. “Blue 2 over there,” he said before bowing out.

When Choli returned the engines would already be warming up with a low rumble. Several shuttles were already taking off.

In the hold was a squad of eight soldiers. Eight soldiers and Trextan. His coral scrubs had been swapped for a combat jacket and a holstered blaster on his hip. He would offer a offer smile, covering how concerned he suddenly was about his issues - and they were his issues - with his arm compromising the mission. They were heading to a small settlement called Chirella. The locals were trying to leave but they were right in the path of the expanding Yuuzhan Vong horde.

[SIZE=10pt]A half scowl formed over Choli’s face as the sergeant departed. What was that supposed to mean? Few would see the pilot’s frown deepen and fewer still hear her say, “Yeah, what do you figure I was doing the times I’ve been shot down?” Annoyance colored her expression, but it wasn’t worth getting into it. She’d gone off in the direction to change over before anyone could stop her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Lieutenant Commander.” One of the flight crew extended a well worn helmet at her direction. Reminded her that her own along with her fighter was still at Kaeshana; or somewhere. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Thanks.” She added, giving a slight nod. Her hazel green eyes went drifting up, looking past the U-Wing and to her crew and passengers alike. Surprise came at seeing Trextan, the girl moving so slip the pilot helmet over her head. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]His smile would be returned with one of her own and a half nod. Bruised fingers moved rapidly, securing her helmet, the tinted goggles resting up high over the crown. Gone were the lobster pink medical scrubs and in their place were a clean, but worn blue grey flight suit. Someone spared her a pair of PT shorts and a white tank top that she could wear underneath. The boots were a little big, but nothing too serious. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]When her helmet’s comm system was set, her voice went crackling into the passenger cabin of the U-Wing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Hope folk don’t mind if things get a little bumpy.” She joked, moving on into the cabin from extended troop ramp. The hum of the engines would make it difficult to hear, but not impossible. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I can get a little excited rather easily.” amidst a titter of chuckles. [/SIZE]

“No big Voidstalker this time lad,” Jenson said. “So don't go running off after anyone this time?” She had been with the Hounds, underneath her goggles she still had real eyes.

“Reckon sometimes a Jedi goes where they're supposed to be,” Raun said.

“Aye,” came a call from those who had been held captive on Kaeshana. Trextan had run off foolishly because a sith had challenged him, but he had also wandered into no man's land at the behest of the Force and rescued the scarred. He didn't realise they would follow him to the ends of the Galaxy now of he asked them.

The first comment troubled him. As the shuttle bobbed in the atmosphere he placed his hand against the hilt of his lightsaber. His fingers flexed involuntarily. People were about to rely on him and he couldn't trust his arm - no she was right - he couldn't trust himself. Without pause he moved his saber to the left side of his belt and swore to himself.

“Soon as we get down we have a look at the western edge of the town. The horde is only a few minutes out. The civilians are trying to leave by speeder and air shuttle through the eastern side.” The sergeant ordered. Trextan looked around. Eight men here, another eight on a second U-Wing. There was a sullustan in a naval uniform sat beside the heavy repeater ready to provide air support. It didn't seem like a lot of people to hold a town of thousands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom