Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DC Charged railgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Von

R
ZYw3fAk.jpg
OOC Information
Intent: To create a railgun that can be outfit the DCC Defense fleets flagship.
Image Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/383025-Useful-Info-from-Frontier-Expo-about-Thargoid-and-Upcoming-Content-Video-Screenshot
Canon Link: N/A
Links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/130164-dcc-industries/
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Power_crystal
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Power_capacitor
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Homing_cluster_missile
Production Information
Manufacturer: DCC Industries
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: railgun
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Materials: Durasteel, Power capacitors, Power crystal, Gears, and railgun parts.
Technical Specifications
Classification: Charged Railgun
Size: Very Large
Weight: Very Heavy
Ammunition Type: Power cells
Ammunition Capacity: It shoots one time before needing to recharge
Effective Range: Very far
Reload Speed: Very Slow
Rate of fire: Very Slow
Stopping Power: Extreme
Recoil: None
Special Features
* This railgun shoots a very large amount of energy through a Power crystal which can penetrate enemy shields.
* This railgun has the ability to launch 6 Homing cluster missiles.
Strengths
* This railgun uses a large number of Power capacitors that feed the energy through a Power crystal giving the blast a lot of firepower, but it takes a few minutes to recharge and restart.
* This railgun can also launch six homing cluster missiles at enemy starships such as Frigates and cruiser they are not powerful enough to destroy them alone but paired with the blast from the railgun it can be effective.
Weaknesses
* The railgun takes a lot of power to fire, it took a large number of Power capacitors and space to hold them, it also took several minutes to recharge and let the system restart before it can fire again.
* Another weakness of this railgun is that it lacks targetting computer and must be fired by a gunman inside the ship.
Description
This mountable railgun is designed to pack a punch, it uses multiple dozen Power capacitors and expels the blast through a Power crystal which makes the blast rip through shields and delivers a large blast. The railgun can destroy up to Frigates and light Cruisers in one shot, heavily armored ships will require more than one shot. Once it fires it takes several minutes to recharge and restart the system to be able to fire once again. The weapon fires by accelerating a large Turbolaser bolt.

[member="Richard Von"]

I do love me a good railgun, so let's get down to it.

Richard Von said:
This railgun is mountable and can be taken off one ship and mounted onto another the ship must be 1500 Meters or longer.
This is fine to write as a fluff text, but you should be aware that in order to use this weapon on multiple ships, you might be asked to submit each of those ships to the factory. If you intend to create several ships that use the weapon then that falls within its production limit so there is no need to mention that here. However, if you plan to attach it to a mass produced or limited ship during an RP that can potentially be reported. I would recommend clarifying your language here to make your intent clearer.

Richard Von said:
This railgun shoots a very large amount of energy through a Power crystal which would energy corkscrews when it impacts shields taking them down temporarily.

A railgun fires a projectile, be it physical or plasma, it does just fire pure energy. The weapon you're describing has been created before, but is generally a turbolaser or some other energy weapon. the power crystal doesn't take down a shield as much as boring a hole through it, allowing the energy attack to penetrate shields.

Richard Von said:
* Another weakness of this railgun is it has no shields and can be targetted by enemy starfighters to destroy.
Could you clarify what you mean by this? A weapon is generally protected by its ship shields, are you saying that no matter what ship this is mounted on the weapon will be exposed to attack? Does that include other capital ships? Or just a fighter or bomber which can get through the capital ships shields?

Richard Von

R
I fixed all the issues mention and switched some things that didn't make sense.

[member="John Locke"]

[member="Richard Von"]

Thank you for making those adjustments. I am still unsure of how the weapon firest the energy blast, but from the sound of it, it appears it's accelerating something like a turbolaser shot?

If this is the case could you just add a line explaining that so other people will know?

As always this is just a suggestion, and if you wish me to approve the submission as it stands I am happy to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom