Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D'Big Mystahree

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honour

"Terribilis est locus iste"
mystahree_zpsac157d4b.jpg
Kah-Jeen Artist Interpretation; Link

Name: D’Big Mystahree
Designation: Unknown
Homeworld: Cornovia
Language: Unknown
Average height of adults: Approximately 75 meters.
Skin color: Darkish. Maybe a rust or grey color?
Hair color: N/A
Breathes: N/A
Strengths: Potentially immortal. Huge. No natural predators.
Weaknesses: Alone. Aimless. Cannot be repaired.
Distinctions: It appears to be not just a machine, but a particularly old machine, run by the turning of gears and belts
Average Lifespan: Potentially infinite
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: One of a kind
Diet: Unknown; likely some sort of water engine
Communication: None apparent
Culture: Nomadic; wandering. Without.
Technology level: Industrial
General behavior: It wanders the ocean floor of Cornovia without any apparent trajectory. It has been spotted occasionally by Kah-jeen fishermen, but to no great result; they merely observed in awe as it passed and wondered if it even acknowledged them. More famously, it will approach the Arcadia City BigSpace and float outside the hydrostatic bubble, watching them with its big yellow eyelight. The Kah-jeens watch back.

History: Nobody knows where it came from, but the Kah-Jeen have encountered D’Big Mystahree numerous times since their colonization. From what they can tell, it seems to be a big steampunk octopus, but due to the darkness of the ocean’s depths, this has not been confirmed in entirety, though it is understood by all the artists who have attempted to render it that the creature does possess spinning wheels akin to gears.

While the D’Big Mystahree is not revered as holy, it is recognized as offering evidence to the validity of the spiritual experience. Arcadian Gnostics even go so far as to refer to the D’Big Mystahree as “Kresch,” its mechanical, aimless, mysterious nature speaking to the universal spiritual experience of being a biological machine, wandering without course in a world of darkness – the metahisherstory of all things.

Big bummah, mon ami.

Nobody has ever attacked it. Nobody even seems interested in doing so.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A
Intent: To keep the galaxy weird.

[member="The Honour"]

Well, well. Looks like I've wandered myself into another round of Weird Stuff™ by Tyger Tyger! Haha. Alright, then.

First thing is first:

Those 'unknown' and 'no-one knows' things you have going on in this submission? That's fine in IC, fine for the people of Cornovia, but here? Here we need more. We need to know, here in the Codex. I want to know what this thing is, where it comes from, what life /used/ to be like for it, why there's only one, did it used to be just a big, ol' octopus, and if so, why is it all 'punked up? WHAT HAPPENED?... and any other questions that would be answered by a full and proper species submission.

So you can still specify that what you have in there right now is how the creature is perceived, that there is little known about it in this day and age, but as a species, there needs to be more. :)

The Honour

"Terribilis est locus iste"
[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Fair does.

Yeah, I'll just go ahead and scrap the submission, then. I guess I'm okay with my character being the only one to acknowledge its existence.

Thanks for the help anyway!

EDIT: Actually, let me meditate on this for a minute. Do the origins have to be absolutely definitive, or can I prove a couple different explanations a la the Joker's origin? I was hoping to retain some of the mystery the obelisk had in 2001: A Space Odyssey without trading it for the relief of closure from the follow-up 2010: Odyssey 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom