Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Dawn Will Arrive

Juliana Alderdice

J
Juliana came to a halt before the boulders, arraying herself with the others. She tried not to give in to the threat of self-doubt. This wasn't her strongest suit, she knew. While she considered herself reasonably intelligent and in-tune with the Force, the gifts of telekinesis didn't come naturally to her. She tried, she studied, but it was difficult for her to overcome whatever kind of mental block was in her path. For Marionne to instruct them not to think was all well and good, but Juliana had been trying that for years without success.

Don't think. Just do, she reminded herself.

She reached into the Force and inclined her head, letting the Force flow through her. She felt refreshed, as if she had just taken a dip in the lake, and stared at the boulders, getting a clear picture of them in her mind's eye before she closed her glassy eyes. She imagined a medium-sized boulder off to the right, rising into the air, levitating, moving out of the path.

Don't think. Just do.

She visualized the rock gracefully lowering to the ground. She visualized the broad, relieved grin on her face.

Juliana opened her eyes; the boulder had rolled a few inches to the right and as she stared at it, shot a few inches off the ground. The novice felt a surge of anger, especially seeing other boulders, larger and heavier, move with apparent ease. With an involuntary strangled grunt in the back of her throat, she inhaled sharply through her nose, nostrils flaring, and before she could even process the mixture of emotions — embarrassment and insecurity goading her annoyance and anger into rage — there was a deep crack and the rock fell, landing in two pieces, each rocking like a cradle on the dirt. Juliana unclenched her fist, her lips pressed together in frustration. The Force had evaporated from her, or else she had pushed it away in frustration.

Perhaps that was a good thing.

"Remember that the Force flows through all things."

I repeated the Knight-Commander's words as I watched Varick and Firenne move the rocks. Then I opened up my connection to the Force.

"The Force flows through all things."

I saw the Force. In...everything. The trees. Air. The Knight. It permeated everything. Surrounded us. Interwined in everything.

Nodding at the Knights in thanks, I got back to the task at hand. Letting the Force flow through me, I tried to reach out and grab it again. This time, I could hold it. Not for long- it's a karking boulder- but I can hold it, reliably.

Holding both arms out, I began dragging the boulder away, veins popping in my head, sweat covering my brow.

Resurgent Narrative | Juliana Alderdice | Varick Lechner | Firenne Van-Derveld | Otzdrava Velexia | Odesia Ursa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom