Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Darth Razarac's Greatsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a unique lightsaber for Razarac.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Lightclub
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Darth Razarac
  • Affiliation: Darth Razarac
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: All individual lightsaber components can be replaced by another.
  • Production: Unique
  • Materials: Beskar, Kyber Crystals
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Great Lightsaber
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Can cut through many materials with extreme ease. This is further boosted by the Varpeline Crystal.
  • Has extended reach
  • The Dantari Crystal recycles the energy of combat to fuel the wielder's force power.
WEAKNESSES
  • Cortosis will short the blade if in contact
  • Heavy and unwieldy
  • The blade is slightly more unstable than the average lightsaber, causing it to occasionally short out on impact
DESCRIPTION
A great lightsaber (aka: lightclub or greatsaber) made of Beskar, with a vibration lens to create a highly disruptive beam, and a modified handle to better fit a normal sized person's hands. The weapon also possesses a duel phase, allowing the wielder to shift the blade's length between its classic 3 meters and a more manageable 2 meters. The handle is still significantly heavier than most lightsabers and that, combined with its unwieldy length, makes it a very difficult weapon to wield. In addition, the greatsaber requires 3 kyber crystals to make up for the lack of room for the usual large one that projects such a long blade.

This blade was originally a large sized weapon, claimed as a trophy from a Houk Jedi whom Razarac slew. She then modified it to better fit an average sized person's hands. The Beskar was claimed as a prize after beating another Mandalorian acolyte in a fight, though it is unrefined. The vibration lens was taken from a lightsaber she stole. And the three crystals came from separate sources: The Pontite was chipped off the crystal that was in the original lightclub and was bleed for it's crimson color; The Varpeline was found during a "field trip" where several acolytes were abandoned on Mearalis II and forced to survive on their own for several weeks; While the Dantari was a reward for her contributions during the raid she made a name for herself in.

Last edited:
Darth Razarač Darth Razarač

Hello there!

First and foremost, welcome to Chaos! We hope you enjoy your stay here as one of our new members. Also, cheers on making overall a quite well done submission. There aren't very many issues, but there are a couple of things I'd like to discuss with you prior to approval - some mandatory issues that will need to be resolved, and a few observations to simply provide 'food for thought' :)

Once these items have been addressed, please tag me with your response.

Let's get started!

OOC Information:
  • Image Source: To properly provide the image source, please link the page from which you derive the image. On that note, please make sure the page you’re linking provides credit to either the original author, or the original source material of the image (for example, if someone likes an image taken from the video game Mass Effect, they should reference a page that not only contains he picture but also properly identifies Mass Effect as the origin of the image. If the author is well known or easily found, please also reference them.) It’s fine if you want to post the image, just please do so elsewhere. Most people tend to do it at the very top of the submission. You can also place the image within a spoiler so that it isn’t always visible and you can condense it.
Special Features:
  • Dual Phase Emitter: Please link the dual phase technology you are using. (link). Yes, the link is for a dual phase lightsaber, and not specifically an emitter, but this is acceptable if you cannot find the direct component that you need but you know it's used within something else.
  • Vibration Lense: Same thing as above for the vibration lens.
Strengths and Weaknesses:
There’s nothing really that you have to change here, but I’m mentioning this because I think you are missing an opportunity to really make this lightsaber special. The strengths and weaknesses you’re listing are pretty typical for the type of lightsaber you’re constructing. It’s good that you’re listing them, so please keep doing that! :)
But as I said previously, you’ve got some cool stuff in your submission that you can really capitalize on and make your lightsaber even cooler. For example, I see in the special features section that you’re listing the Dantari, Pontite, and Varpeline lightsaber crystals - which each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. The corresponding strengths and weaknesses sections in this template are ideal places to list stuff like this and give your submission character, particularly since this is going to be a unique item, and a keystone item for your character! So, take some time and really add some luster to your sub in this section.
What do I mean? For example, the Varpeline Crystal’s description describes it as follows: ”Blades produced by varpeline crystals produced a sharp sound when they came into contact with objects and could cut through objects even more easily than other blades.” While lightsabers as a general rule are superior in terms of cutting power as any other blade, the way this can be interpreted is that this crystal makes a lightsaber using it even more potent at cutting through things. To illustrate, imagine if Qui-Gon Jinn’s lightsaber had this crystal when he was attempting to cut through the blast door of Nute Gunray’s flagship. We don’t know, but maybe he’d have been having some fried calamari (read: killed Nute Gunray) instead of having to run away. So, I’d say this is a noteworthy strength that could easily be listed here in the strength section. Note, this is just one example. Each of your crystals have little tidbits that could go here. Just remember to counter-balance your strengths with legitimate, meaningful weaknesses. For example, the vibration lens creates a slightly less stable beam even though it also intensifies its power.
All of this is just food for thought. If you’d rather keep things simple, there’s obviously no problem with that. But I just thought I’d comment on it to help in the event you weren’t aware that you can, in fact, have nice things. :)
Description:
Again, nothing wrong with what you’ve got here, but I’d honestly be very interested to see a bit more about what makes this lightsaber unique to your character. How did they go about constructing it? Was there something special in their personal quest to acquire each of these crystals? Feel free to get creative with it, but obviously nothing wrong with keeping things simple here either.

Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

I do believe I've addressed everything you mentioned and added some of the things you suggested. I was actually surprised that the link I posted turned into a picture, but as I couldn't find an actual source I just decided to remove it. Also it ends up that there's no such thing as a duel phase emitter, it's just a feature. Guess she's got room to add an emitter down the line.

The story behind the construction isn't all that interesting actually. It was originally intended to have been modified by her master for her, but since she doesn't actually have one she's got to do it herself. In the future I plan for it to gain more features to make it truly unique, but for now it's fairly simple.

Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

I do believe I've addressed everything you mentioned and added some of the things you suggested. I was actually surprised that the link I posted turned into a picture, but as I couldn't find an actual source I just decided to remove it. Also it ends up that there's no such thing as a duel phase emitter, it's just a feature. Guess she's got room to add an emitter down the line.

The story behind the construction isn't all that interesting actually. It was originally intended to have been modified by her master for her, but since she doesn't actually have one she's got to do it herself. In the future I plan for it to gain more features to make it truly unique, but for now it's fairly simple.

Awesome.

Just as a note, there isn't an issue in describing it as an emitter and just linking the function, but no worries either way :).

As stated previously, great job all around. Looking forward to seeing more from you! Have fun with your new lightsaber.

Approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom