Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Darth Krayts Reborn Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkside Dragon (Dead PM Writers Account)
Darth Krayts Reborn Armor
The obliterated shards of Darth Krayt's Armor

look1.png

Intent: A personal armor for Raien Keth, to support his crumbling body with a living armor that slowly becomes him, and a trophy for future fighters to claim as their own.​
Devi Thread: Here
Manufacturer: The One Sith, Darth Stryfe, Darth Talon, Cultists Massassi, Sith Alchemy​
Model: N/A​
Affiliation: Raien Keth​
Modularity: No​
Production: Unique​
Material: Shards of Krayts Armor, Vonduun Crab, and DuraSteel
Classification: Living Personal Armor​
Weight: 15kg​
Quality: 8

Look3.png

Special Features

Growing, it will slowly become the person wearing it over a period of years, the wearer can resist this with concentration but lapses in that concentration mean more of their body will become the armor, until they are a living suit of it. Each user will imprint their force signature and memories within the armor's metal, held at bay and in place by the force dead vong organism growing around it. Surrounding the metal, this dead force organism bottles the wearer's experiences and force signatures up in the metal, making them available to another wearer, and clearly tainting anyone who wears this armor with those same darkside signatures. Even if fully enveloped, the original host can be killed the same as ever, and the armor will detach awaiting its next victim.

Extremely resistant to blasters, partially resistant to slug throwers, the spiked claws are often lethally sharp for the unwary close up. Unlike full Vonduun Armor it will not repel Lightsabers, at all. Also like the original armor however it is able to regrow itself, and so the armor will heal itself gradually over a matter of weeks, sustaining itself off its user, but from self preservation it never does this to the point of its host's death.

Once adorned, apart from the helmet and key pieces to allow the body to live, it cannot be removed until death. If the host dies the armor will detach, shrink to its original size and hibernate. It is around the same weight as crab armor, marginally heavier mixed with durasteel, meaning lightsabers can penetrate as normal at numerous points, but giving the wearer freedom, especially around the joint areas where the material used is weakest, to allow less rigidity in movement. Heavy boots are as always needed for Raien Keth to be able to stand on his twisted limbs, meaning a great reduction in his running speed, but also a great strength of his stance, and a devastating kick.

Completely destroying this armor, not the owner the armor, is very difficult as a small piece rediscovered can be regrown on a new host, though the potential of it as a darkside living organism is confined to a single suit at all times. Finally it is as usual affected negatively by Baffor pollen in certain outdoor locations.

Look2.jpg

Description

Collected at the time of its shattering by Darth Talon, a loyal servant of Krayt who was instrumental in his first resurrection. It was taken from Krayt's tomb to the hidden One Sun temple on Korriban, a rendition of the death and life of Darth Krayt, preserved by a loyal group of Massassi awaiting the One Sith Lord's return. They communicated with his spirit to achieve the perfect rendition of his life to honor him. The reborn form of Darth Styfe held original guardianship over it, and along with the spirit of Krayt imprinted his scattered memories and taint on the metal durasteel. Taken by Raien Keth at the reborn Sithspawn's death, and bonded to him in ritual, where he gave up every last weakness that he held to in the physical form. The last of who he was was given away to be reborn, sacrificing to gain one last time, to preserve his body and fully commit himself, mind body and soul to the one Sith's history.

This black Vonduun crab armor is made from almost all the remaining shards and fragments of Darth Krayt’s armor. It covers the full length of the body, and its durasteel is heavily tainted with the one Sith’s presence, Krayt’s spirit in particular, his struggles against the original armor being paramount. The armor effects the wearer as Darth Krayt experienced through his life, slowly consuming them. Clawed spikes run up the usually black shoulder-line, with more on the gauntlets, the legs and waist. These grow of their own accord but can be shaved off with time and effort. It has the usual weak spot under its arm, and if the person takes time to aim, a few other spots where the material used is thinner, to allow the joints increased flexibility for forms like Soresu, areas such as the knees or elbows. These additions mean movement is even less effected than a full suit would be, assisting it to be effective in fluid lightsaber combat. Being a living suit of armor, it does vary in color from time to time, looking black, silver, red or white, reflecting the moods of the individual wearer and the armor itself. It is not the full armor of Darth Krayt, it is Vonduun crab armor mixed with what remained of his shards and jet black durasteel. Heavily tainted with his influence and that of the one Sith that he commanded, scattered memories of the man remain. Approximately twenty something pieces of various sizes were imbedded in the armor, some no bigger than a fingernail, the biggest the size of singe claw.

Like the original armor, as it grows it hampers natural living conditions more and more. Given that the host cannot easily lay down to sleep with spikes sticking out of him or her, they can simply be shaved off. Alternatives would be special deeply cushioned beds to absorb the spikes of the armor, or raised beds to angle, or arms to suspend the host for sleeping, beds with holes or grooves made to fit would be another possibility. Alternatively long meditations to replenish the host could be done standing, or kneeling as an alternative for resting. Because like the original armor, it can grow in thickness and weight over time, especially if left unchecked.

For any future owners, past users should be recorded here, so their memories may be accessed.
Darth Krayt - Memories of his spirit, his force ghost and his servants.
Darth Stryfe - Reborn as a Sithspawn
Raien Keth

Notes:
*Three small shards were spared, two will be owned by [member="Kira Vaal"], with one given to an as yet unamed NPC.
*Any editions to the weight or quality, must be done with the appropriate dev thread and approval.
*Any new owners, please record any changes to this armor, so its history can be recorded.

Netherworld

[member="Raien Keth"]

First off, that's a good looking sub you've got there. :D
Nice read, and generally well-rounded, but we have to iron out a few kinks before I can stamp this one.

Raien Keth said:
Weight: 15g
  • I assume you meant kg here, but please edit the unit to reflect that
Raien Keth said:
+ Can grow upward if the armor does.
  • Both instances of this will need to go. I know you noted it would be done via additional dev and sub modification, but as it is, the sentence only serves to confuse the reader. If — or when — you do the appropriate dev in the future, feel free to post to sub modifications and the sub will be altered accordingly. For now, hoever, please remove both of those lines. :)
Raien Keth said:
Also unlike usual Vonduun Armor however it is able to self repair,
  • This part is a bit confusing, and while I think I know what you meant, could you please reword the sentence to be clearer?
Raien Keth said:
certain types of pollen
  • If you meant Bafforr pollen (the standard weakness of Skerr Kyrric) please make a note of it
Raien Keth said:
Once adorned, apart from the helmet and key pieces to allow the body to live, it cannot be removed until death.
  • This is... problematic. Even if the wearer can remove the helmet to drink and eat, and the codpiece to take care of other needs, how would the person sleep? A 15kg heavy armor is no joke, and with all the spikes protruding from this, you're looking at chronic insomnia. :p Please explain in more detail how this works, or note it as an inherent weakness/consequence of donning the armor
Raien Keth said:
Each user will imprint their force signature and memories within the armor
Raien Keth said:
eavily tainted with his influence and that of the one Sith that he commanded, scattered memories of the man remain.
  • Vonduun Skerr Kyrric is, as all Vong organisms, Force-dead. How would the wearer be able to taint the suit with their aura? The only Force power known to directly affect the Vong is Force lightning, so I'm not exactly sure how this imprinting would work, especially since you mention that the suit, upon the host's death "shrinks back to its original size" (which I assume are the shards of the original armor of Darth Krayt). An explanation will be needed here.
Tag me with the edits/answers. :)

[member="Netherworld"]
Thanks for reviewing this!

Weight - Done
Quality - Done
Hinted in description the possibility of growth/thickness instead.

​Reworded the repair, and growth line.

Pollen given more detail.

Sleeping info added to the end of the description. This was a problem certainly with the original canon armor, so I ask kindly for some creative leeway here to keep it representative of the canon item.

Added definition on your concerns about the force signature/darkside taint and the force dead organism. This now acts as bottleneck and cushion so energy has difficulty leaving the areas it can taint, the durasteel, focusing them, especially as it grows around it. I amended the previous owner list to reflect this change.

Netherworld

[member="Raien Keth"]

Raien Keth said:
alchemised metal
  • Unless the durasteel has been alchemized to have the properties of an alchemized metal (which I don't see anywhere in the sub), please remove the 'alchemized' part. It's misleading in regards to the capabilities of the armor
The rest seems fine now. :)

As this is a canon item — or, rather, a reforging thereof — I'll have to ask for a longer dev before I can stamp this. You're at 11 posts now, so bring it to a solid... 20 and we should be good.
Even then, please keep in mind that this armor does not make you Darth Krayt, nor does it grant you any powers he or the other predecessors might've had.

Tag me the edits and/or the dev thread are done. If you plan on taking especially long with the dev, I can have this archived, and you can have it pulled back by contacting an Admin or a RPJ. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

All done, couple of typo's fixed, alchemy section altered as requested. The only major changes are in the notes at the bottom, with one extra line asking any future owners to record any changes they make, so the history of the armor can be maintained as a relic.

On archiving sounds good to me, we plan a decent sized dev thread, I wouldn't have it any other way! :), good writer I have helping.

Thanks for working through this big submission, it was a great help thank you.

Netherworld

[member="Raien Keth"]

Excellent! Thank you for your cooperation. :)

You can have this pulled from archives by contacting either an admin or an RPJ once the dev thread is complete.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom