Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Darth Aion's Environmental Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
pFjylPa.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To put to paper the environmental armor that Darth Aion wears and incorporates in battle
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Darth Aion
  • Model: Environmental Armor
  • Affiliation: Darth Aion
  • Modularity: Only through a difficult and special procedure that requires time and energy
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Reinforced Phrik (plating), Phrik Plastithread weave using synthetic bonding agent (covering and cloak over some plating), silver laced CNT (Carbon Nanotubing for circuitry of armor underlay) and a Corporis Skin Suit
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Environmental Combat Armor
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Average
- EMP/ION: High
- Elemental/Environmental: Very High
- Sonic: Very Low
- Corrosive: Very Low

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Corporis Skin Suit
  • Aegis Sh13ld
  • TunnelNet VPN
  • Reinforced, variably contoured Phrik Plating
    - Exposed thick plating over chest, shoulders, neck and forearm guards
    - Thin variably contoured plating over upper arms, legs and torso under armorweave covering and cloak
  • Phrik Plastithread Weave body covering
  • Gabonna Memory Crystal armor link up node
  • Circuitry Underlay beneath plating
  • Heat detection sensors attached to underlay
  • Silver laced CNT faraday tubing for armor circuitry underlay
Strengths:
  • Closing Blindspots: With the inclusion of a number of counter measures, Aion's Environmental Armor has been constructed to compensate for types of damage his own physical being would have difficulty managing.
  • Gabonna Memory: With an already powerful and highly functioning HUD, the use of a Gabonna Memory Crystal for link up between the metal armor overlay to the Corporis Skin Suit adds an even higher level of functionality while it may feel unnecessary.
  • Private Network: No circuit system is safe when connected with the open network. As such, with the incorporation of Aegis Sh13d and TunnelNet VPN: Slicers and spies beware.
  • Faraday Field Day: Not only is the Corporis Skin Suit protected against Ion weaponry, the circuitry under the plating of the overlay armor is protected by a silver laced CNT covering to further protect from Ion and electrical dangers.
Weaknesses:
  • Sonic Struggle: While the suit boasts a high level of capabilities in areas such as energy weapons, lightsabers, electrical and environmental it severely lacks in the area of sonic defense. To the point of near non-existence without any kind of extra shielding.
  • Temperature Flux: Any type of drastic temperature change, extreme heat to extreme cold, will cause the suit and armor's ability to adapt to the temperature would fail; thus exposing the wearer to the temperature existing outside the armor.
    - While the suit is capable of resisting temperature measures of extremes of heat or cold, it has difficulty adjusting in a proper time should the temperature go from extreme heat to extreme cold in an instant. Example being if here in a tundra but was exposed to a extreme heat wave without time for the change.
  • Bulky All Around: While the suit is practical and heavily defended, phrik being a very light metal, the Corprois bulk still provides the wearer with the feeling of wearing an armor. This results in the wearer being aware of the fact they are wearing armor even while it is vacuum sealed and armored to prevent the wearer from noticing much in the way of the suits weight/presence.
  • Armorweave Problems: Where the armor plating stops under the covering material and continues there are points where the circuitry is exposed under only the Phrik Plastithread that, while woven with phrik, is much less structurally durable than the phrik plating itself. This weave does not provide nearly as much protection;
    - One particular area of weakness for this is on the sides of the torso and chest where the armor is not present to provide for body flexibility. The sides of the arms, legs and torso lack any underlying armor plating.
  • Corrosion Warning: The most practical, if not simple, weakness of the environmental suit is that corrosion may still occur when exposed to the right conditions or fungal sources. While this is extremely rare, it can make for very difficult repairs to the suits entirety.
  • Minor Vision Error: Due to the use of a neck guard off the shoulder piece of the armor's phrik plating the Corporis 360 degree awareness is reduced just slightly and must be compensated for in some other way.
DESCRIPTION
When simple armor wasn't enough, his attention turned to more sophisticated methods. Using a Corporis Skin Suit, a Gabonna Memory Crystal and a variety of components and technical systems Kajast focused all his effort into creating an Environmental Armor Suit to counter the frailties of his own being. While the Corporis was a capable protection, he covered it with a Phrik Plastithread weave covering and cloak along with a phrik plating across the entirety of chest, arms, legs and head; joints excluded.

Under the plating, protected by silver laced CNT faraday tubing, he incorporated a circuitry system with attached temperature nodes to detect where excessive heat or cold sources would strike the armor; a system that he could attach to the HUD of the Corporis suit using a Gabonna Memory Crystal link up node at the neck of the armor that could fit flexibly into a fundamental plug at the back of the phrik plated skin suit "helmet". This system would allow for the HUD of the Corporis skin suit to provide it's normal capabilities as well as a full sensor grid of the armor.

With further protection in mind, and a modicum of greed and obsession on his part, the K'paur further modified the armor with a relay for TunnelNet VPN and Aegis Sh13ld to provide protection against hacking and other invasive electronic warfare. Each measure taken in order to close the gaps across the system completely, hoping to prevent any level of external invasion or internal compromise.

While nothing was perfect, obsession proved fruitful in the creation of an armored environmental suit for the aged K'paur. All that remained was putting it to the test.

Progflaw99

Darth Aion said:
Weight: Light Resistances - Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Extreme - Kinetic: Very High - Lightsabers: Extreme - EMP/ION: High (W/O Vishnu Shield)// Very High (W/ Vishnu Shield) - Elemental: Very High (W/O Vishnu Shield)// Extreme (W/ Vishnu Shield)

Darth Aion said:
Virtually impervious: With the inclusion of a number of counter measures, Aion's Environmental Armor has been constructed to resist virtually every type of damage in the galaxy except for corrosion.

Initially, these ratings are far too high, even for a unique armor. What I would recommend is selecting a primary and a secondary resistance for the armor, and appropriately scale weaknesses from there. For each rating above "Average" you can count + 1, and then correspondingly reduce a rating for a -1. The ideal goal is to balance out. Depending on the weaknesses however, you may be allowed an extra bump in rating should the weakness balance out the increased strength in an area.

Darth Aion said:
Corporis Skin Suit
As this is closed market, I will need to see proof of purchase/permission from the submitter.

[member="Darth Aion"]

I changed the weight to average and adjusted the resistances to better reflect the strengths and weaknesses of the armor/suit.
- I also added an additional weakness regarding Sonic Damage and a respective note regarding the bonuses provided by the VIshnu Shields activation.

In regards to the permission for use of the Corporis Skin Suit I have a link to the Jaeger Solutions market page: Here.

[member="Rolf Amsel"]

Progflaw99

Darth Aion said:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Classification: Environmental Combat Armor Weight: Average Resistances - Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High - Kinetic: High - Lightsabers: High - EMP/ION: High - Elemental/Environmental: Extreme - Sonic: Very Low // High (When Vishnu Shield is active) - Corrosive: Very Low
These ratings overall are still too high. What I mean by that is, having all the ratings at high, is essentially making the armor impervious to nigh anything, which doesn't balance well. I would focus on two or maybe three types of damage to be resistant to at most. From there, the weaknesses should balance the strengths.

[member="Darth Aion"]

I've made adjustments to the resistances. Adding to that, I'm unsure how to better balance this with what is being used as the components. The Corporis Skin Suit has high blaster resistance, average kinetic resistance, low lightsaber resistance and high ion/emp resistance; and that isn't even acknowledging the environmental resistances that it possesses that I'm trying to note as a resistance that I literally cannot alter without ignoring that the Corporis has them.

On top of this, I am also trying to acknowledge the presence of the Vishnu shield and reflect it in the resistances as well in some way. That being said the Vishnu shield is capable of withstanding up to one hundred and fifty heavy blaster bolts, has high sonic resistance and adds further resistance to environmental elements. With it's inclusion, before adding in the Phrik, the resistances would reflect the resistances of the Corprois skin suit with the potential for energy and sonic invulnerability while the shield is active.

The resistances I'm applying are what I believe would be fair with the addition of phrik armorweave body covering and variably placed phrik plates. Phrik is naturally resistant to lightsabers, blasters and moderate kinetic damage; before one considers it's canon nigh indestructibility. Because of this I'm unsure how to properly balance this when combining each of the factors included. That being said, as they are now, I feel I've done the best I can balancing them without making this any weaker than the core elements that are included. At the very least the armorweave would provide extended durability to the Corporis underlay, so I can understand not going any higher in the blaster and lightsaber regard (those two being raised from average and low to high and average).

With that being said I have included a separate set of resistances taking into account what the strengths of the Vishnu Shield would provide while it is active as not to confuse them with the armor's natural resistances.

I apologize for the long winded response, but I feel that some details regarding what I'm trying to accomplish with this sub are possibly, not definitively, being overlooked. If you'd like me to explain this in the description section of the sub I am more than happy to as I realize the description section is a bit lacking.

[member="Rolf Amsel"]

Progflaw99

[member="Darth Aion"]

In efforts to make this as simple as possible, I'll say this. Currently, as is, the submission is far too unbalanced, meaning:

• Overall, the submission does not appear to have weaknesses that balance it. This armor submission as it stands is far too resistant to too wide a range of attacks. What I would recommend is choosing two primary resistances, and go from there. While there are viable reasons for the resistances due to subsystems like shields or armor plating, there seems to be a system in place to negate any weakness left by each component.
  • As far as you being unsure of how to further balance the submission, simply put: Remove some of the systems that make it unbalanced. Remove a component or a material that increases a specific resistance.
  • Regarding Extreme Resistance vs "Nigh Indestructibility". Phrik, while perfectly reasonable to use as a restricted material and useable in armors, it usually is at a depreciated capacity. What that means, is that you could dilute it, maybe it's thin which decreases its durability, maybe it's mixed with another metal which dilutes its durability - basically, "Nigh Indestructible" simply isn't going to be able to be accepted in this armor submission.
  • If you can, try to make this less a "Defense against everything" armor, and more of a "Defense against things my character might not be able to defend against easily" armor, I find that making an armor specifically meant to counter character weaknesses as opposed to "Defense against everything" tends to almost self balance itself.

I changed the strength from dealing with anything regarding imperviousness to a measure about compensating for his own body's weaknesses; As well I have nixed the "end of the world" comment in the second strength as I realize it was over the top and unnecessary.

I also would like to note I did include a weakness regarding the dilution of phrik given it's use as an amorweave:

• Armorweave Problems: Where the armor plating stops under the covering material and continues there are points where the circuitry is exposed under only the Phrik Plastithread that, while woven with phrik, is much less structurally durable than the phrik plating itself. This weave does not provide nearly as much protection;
    - One particular area of weakness for this is on the sides of the torso and chest where the armor is not present to provide for body flexibility. The sides of the arms, legs and torso lack any underlying armor plating.
I'm not sure where else I'm not balancing as I've included a weakness for each added measure, including those that are already weaknesses of the components included in the construction.

[member="Rolf Amsel"]

Darth Aion said:
- EMP/ION: Very High
Shields are traditionally vulnerable to ion weaponry, and the Vishnu submission does not mention any additional resistances to ion weapons. The increase from High to Very High here is unnecessary and throws this out of balance.

Darth Aion said:
Difficult to Remove: Due in part to it's construction and intent, the Environmental Suits' design makes for difficult donning and doffing. While the helmet is removable by detaching the Gabonna Node and sacrificing access to the information suite, the rest of the armor is worse. Each section of the armor is designed to be fitted and sealed in place over the Corporis as to allow the wearer to feel next to nothing; making it impossible for the wearer to remove it without the proper procedure.
This is not a weakness, remove this.

Darth Aion said:
Temperature Flux: Any type of drastic temperature change, extreme heat to extreme cold, will cause the suit and armor's ability to adapt to the temperature would fail; thus exposing the wearer to the temperature existing outside the armor.
This doesn't look like a weakness that an armor submission with very high / extreme environmental resistances would have.

I changed the EMP/ION rating, removed the weakness you requested be removed and added a note to further explain the weakness in question about the environmental resistance.

If you'd like me to remove it entirely, I can, though I was trying to emulate the one the Corporis Skin Suit has.

[member="Nadja Keto"]

[member="Darth Aion"]
I do not see any way in which this submission is balanced when, while its shield(s) is activated, it consists of 3 high ratings, 2 extreme ratings, and a token weakness to corrosives, which I can't see ever coming into play in RP considering how uncommon the use of acids and such items are in Star Wars and Chaos in general.

Darth Aion said:
most capable and virtually impervious
The use of language such as this only contributes to how I'm seeing this submission.

You have redundant shielding on personal armor, which you're submitting with severely heightened resistances, that enhances an already durable set of armor. You've described it as "virtually impervious", added protections from uncommon sources of attack - such as electronic warfare, which is practically unnecessary considering the lack of anything on this armor that would be compromised by someone attempting to slice or hack into the armor - and are relying on a multitude of circumstantial weaknesses that only apply when the shields are down or are negated or at the very least mitigated by the armor beneath it. The only weakness this armor has that applies at all times as a vulnerability is its lack of resistance to corrosives, which the weakness itself highlights my above-noted perception of how often this will come into play.

Unless there are changes made to this armor so it isn't a submission that provides, in the words of the description, a "virtually impervious" protection to the person wearing it, then this submission will be denied.

I removed the reference mentioned above and removed the Vishnu shield completely. This puts the solid weaknesses of the suit at sonic and corrosion. Anything else you'd like me to change?

If I missed anything I can go through and look it over once more. I removed everything I could find.

[member="Nadja Keto"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom